Discontinued Pax 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Me2

Have you tried the New Vape screen? It's designed to fit "loose" in the oven so it falls right out. However, in doing so it also lets herb slip through, apparently.

What about the vented lid? Can anyone confirm that it rattles inside the oven?

I'll try using the pusher with stock parts and see how that goes.
I admit I haven't tried the New Vape screen. I only have (and use) the pusher, and really like it. Maybe others can chime in with their experience with the vented lid. I know there are some posts buried in this thread talking about it.

Mr. Me2,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Anyone know if simon + funky town is a pretty solid way to validate a pax2 ? Scooped one up for a nice dependable backup and to hold me until some new convection vapes come out.

So far I like it. Nice upgrade over the first one. I played simon until I unlocked funky town lol. It seems to be legit.

darkrom,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Anyone know if simon + funky town is a pretty solid way to validate a pax2 ? Scooped one up for a nice dependable backup and to hold me until some new convection vapes come out.

So far I like it. Nice upgrade over the first one. I played simon until I unlocked funky town lol. It seems to be legit.
It plays Simon and it plays Funky Town and it's a nice Vape?
Sounds like that's the one and only!
If you purchased it new, maybe you could try to register it with Pax. This would be required anyway for warranty service.

vapviking,

microduck

elementary vaporist
it's official guys! I have now just over 1,000,000 vape draws using the original pax2 screen / oven / battery / lid / flared mp is easiest to remove, just remove mp and use your index finger nail to push the mechaninal on/off switch for pax2 and it works everytime... this shit is incognito as fuck...

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
it's official guys! I have now just over 1,000,000 vape draws using the original pax2 screen / oven / battery / lid / flared mp is easiest to remove, just remove mp and use your index finger nail to push the mechaninal on/off switch for pax2 and it works everytime... this shit is incognito as fuck...
Why do you need to push the mouthpiece with your finger? Is it that doesn't function well? I had issues with my Pierre button and I sent it in to get serviced. They ended up sending me a new one.
@vapviking How do you activate Simon? I got his new Pax and idk how to activate it lol.

Vapetrees,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Re the Simon, start by rolling Pax2 over like a barrel 3x to activate party mode. 3x more and it's another party level of flashing lights. A couple more levels up is Simon, and you then have to get to level 20 of Simon to activate Funky Town. I'm sure others here know more on this.
I have not achieved Funky Town but have played Simon. Yesterday I suggested to my wife that I might just put the end caps on it a hand it to my grand daughter telling her it's a Simon player. She'ld get it playing Funky Town in no time!

microduck

elementary vaporist
Why do you need to push the mouthpiece with your finger? Is it that doesn't function well? I had issues with my Pierre button and I sent it in to get serviced. They ended up sending me a new one.
@vapviking How do you activate Simon? I got his new Pax and idk how to activate it lol.
hi mr vapetrees.. yes you are very correct and thank you much for your repsone..... the function button on the pax2 does need an index finger-nail push in order to activate the device.. however I am one to still believe in this device since i have soley been using this on super good erbs for more than a year now and i think it will actually think it will keep vaping my erbs every day for a few more years

microduck,
Reactions: Vapetrees

Kalessin

So, you actually log every hit you take? I could never do that, I'd forget almost immediately...

Justpassedu

Premium leather case for Pax2 --- This thing is freaking beautiful, It is a cigar style leather case, very high class, and spendy at $89 but what else would one expect for such a premium product. This thing is top-shelf for sure.

il_570xN.927910636_8tac.jpg

il_570xN.927654725_l5rm.jpg
That is really nice , the leather looks great. It's a 10yr investment , than the pax 2's warranty is up , should last even longer. A bit pricey for my taste , I use a eyeglass case , fits my pax 2 , tools , cloth and a dube tube. Def not as nice as your case though , enjoy it.

catjammin99

I am having this weird issue with the button on the pax 2 again. Last time it happened support replaced right away, but 3 months later and again the button is having issues. I have to remove the mouthpiece and press really hard to get it to turn on. I am wondering if others have had this issue. Sorry I have not read through 40 pages of this discussion.

I am having this same problem and I also find that I have to take the rubber mouthpiece off to get the power button to work - and even then it is a struggle. I contacted support a few days ago and I'm just waiting to hear back. The first problem I had with was the device not charging but Support got back to me right away and gave me some tips. I charged it through my computer instead and it worked. I've had it less than 1 year so I'm a bit nervous with these glitches. Thank goodness for the warranty! So they did replace yours rather than fix it, buddhaholic? I had a feeling that the power button would become an issue. I've been very happy with the Pax 2 otherwise.

I do plan on getting a back up portable and I'm thinking grasshopper, alfa or air. I still use the solo quite a bit and I love it but I didn't want to have another small portable with glass. Maybe even the Summit? Any input is welcome but I'm more concern about others possibly having the same "power button" issue with the Pax 2 as well.

Thanks!

catjammin99,

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
@microduck Mine had the same problem but it used to piss me off so I sent it off to warranty lol. It had some scratches and wasn't perfect so I didn't mind getting a new one lol.

@catjammin99 Same thing happened to mine and I got a new one. They said it was defective. Get a GH I have one and I haven't used my new Pax2 lol.

Vapetrees,
Reactions: microduck

Mr. Me2

I am having this same problem and I also find that I have to take the rubber mouthpiece off to get the power button to work - and even then it is a struggle. I contacted support a few days ago and I'm just waiting to hear back. The first problem I had with was the device not charging but Support got back to me right away and gave me some tips. I charged it through my computer instead and it worked. I've had it less than 1 year so I'm a bit nervous with these glitches. Thank goodness for the warranty! So they did replace yours rather than fix it, buddhaholic? I had a feeling that the power button would become an issue. I've been very happy with the Pax 2 otherwise.

I do plan on getting a back up portable and I'm thinking grasshopper, alfa or air. I still use the solo quite a bit and I love it but I didn't want to have another small portable with glass. Maybe even the Summit? Any input is welcome but I'm more concern about others possibly having the same "power button" issue with the Pax 2 as well.

Thanks!
If you don't hear from support at pax, you may want to pm @Ojan_at_PAX. He's great, very responsive and helpful to fc'ers.

Ojan_at_PAX

Social Media Manager @ PAX
Company Rep
Appreciate the heads up, @Mr. Me2!

Thanks!

Sorry for the delay, and definitely message me your email or support case number so we can get you squared faster. Although this issue is something I see posted here and there, it's actually quite rare all things considered. We'll likely send you a brand new PAX 2 instead of repairing this stubborn button, but I can't make any promises. Looking forward to your update!

StiltedLimboDancer

Hey guys,

does anyone own the Pax 2 Caps from Delta 3 Studios (http://delta3dstudios.com/pax2-caps-pair/)?

I'm living outside the US and shipping would cost me 5 times the price of the caps.

So my question: Could someone please measure the diameter in mm of these vinyl caps? I reckon I can find them somewhere on Ebay in my country instead of paying 15 USD shipping costs from the US for a 3 USD item.

Thanks a lot!

Really don't want to do any harm to Delta3's business, so a PM is appreciated :)

Mr. Me2

Hey guys,

does anyone own the Pax 2 Caps from Delta 3 Studios (http://delta3dstudios.com/pax2-caps-pair/)?

I'm living outside the US and shipping would cost me 5 times the price of the caps.

So my question: Could someone please measure the diameter in mm of these vinyl caps? I reckon I can find them somewhere on Ebay in my country instead of paying 15 USD shipping costs from the US for a 3 USD item.

Thanks a lot!

Really don't want to do any harm to Delta3's business, so a PM is appreciated :)
I don't have the caps but know they're custom designed and created for the pax 2. And people here say they work great! So I'm not sure you'll find anything comparable on eBay or elsewhere.

Maybe load up on other great stuff from Delta 3 to help offset shipping?

Mr. Me2,

StiltedLimboDancer

I don't have the caps but know they're custom designed and created for the pax 2. And people here say they work great! So I'm not sure you'll find anything comparable on eBay or elsewhere.

Maybe load up on other great stuff from Delta 3 to help offset shipping?

I really think these vinyl caps are normally used as end caps for pipes etc. but normally come in larger diameters. But a very nice FC member already wrote me a private message!! :)

So I will try to find these caps somewhere locally first.

Although I really love what Delta 3D is offering for our rather small market, and supporting them with an order will be the better thing "karma-wise"...

Sorry for the probably awkward grammar, not a native speaker ;)

Mr. Me2

I really think these vinyl caps are normally used as end caps for pipes etc. but normally come in larger diameters. But a very nice FC member already wrote me a private message!! :)

Although I really love what Delta 3D is offering for our rather small market, and supporting them with an order will be the better thing "karma-wise"...

Your grammar is great, and welcome to fc!

vapviking

Old & In the Way

Yes, welcome!
I've found @Ratchett 's SonG adapter for the Pax 2 to be a nice hookup for a water piece. I do love a lot of his products and the niche he's carving!

catjammin99

Appreciate the heads up, @Mr. Me2!

Sorry for the delay, and definitely message me your email or support case number so we can get you squared faster. Although this issue is something I see posted here and there, it's actually quite rare all things considered. We'll likely send you a brand new PAX 2 instead of repairing this stubborn button, but I can't make any promises. Looking forward to your update!
I did hear from someone so i will be sending it in to see if it can be repaired or will be replaced. The customer service has been great so far!

StiltedLimboDancer

Thanks a lot for the warm welcome guys!

Anyone who's interested in a smell proof Pax 2 case might search on Ebay for "Pax 2 Pocket Hard Case, ScrewTop". They look slick as well. A little pricey though...

Last edited:
StiltedLimboDancer,

StiltedLimboDancer

If you're also looking for smell proof cases and not just caps, you may want to look at Vatra cases and RYOT cases.

Thank you. I already had a look at the RYOT cases but did not know the Vatra ones yet.

In my opinion these rather bulky cases take away a bit of the simplicity of the Pax. I intend to have it just in my pocket when I'm outside with friends.

Anyway, thanks for your input!

StiltedLimboDancer,

Mr. Me2

I understand for out and about. I use a Vatra case for my pax 2 for storage (it's not a smell proof one, though). It lets me keep it with all needed accessories all in one place.

Mr. Me2,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom