• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Parents That Vape

uhranium

On a different approach, two years ago I lent my volcano to a buddy whose parents smoke weed too. He showed the machine to his parents and they ordered a volcano on the same day!

I for myself sometimes vape in front of my kids (when we're outside of course) but I only tell em I am vaping, not that I'm getting high, they think it's an e-cig.

invisiblefriend

Manufacturer
@cybrguy no doubt and agreed --I have n must agree -- about 2 sides --- n two huge extremes ---
no doubt as sick as it is we do need to be able be the LOUD voices for the children -- especially for abuse and yes addiction issues !

but as we are learning with MJ -- thank goodness we r proving there is a better way to handle situations that in the past put someone into jail or tore the life apart --- we need to change other areas

I have actually been on both sides --

@ first working close with law firms that were handling both sides of child cases --
and so many items were just so cut n dry ---- and I felt proud during that time as I saw a sad child in pain about to "hopefully" live a better life !(well -- was I TOLD about the sad child -- never saw the child in court) -----(and yes I was embarrassed n saddened many many times as the kids were taken away due to MJ and other small - imo - "issues" -- but I always felt even though the courts were making the wrong choice these parents will have the chance to "fix" it by fixing thur habits 4 a few months -- n the family was back together -- )
I just assumed that would happen --- I couldn't have been more wrong -

then I moved on with my career of course n years went by --- I started helping at local events to get donations to really help foster children and the homeless ....
*****(1st occasion of too many until I just had to stop)
now I happen to meet some local foster families at a local charity event --- and I learned so much more ---

At any given time in the U.S., there are about half a million children in foster care. (wow !!!!!!) -- many are from a simple domestic situation the day prior and throws the child into the system for years n years --- (sad n tough to handle I agree -- and I do not have the answers but need to at least bring it up )
Most we hope will be in foster care for only a short time, returning home or to live with a family member when the crisis has been resolved. Other children (most unfortunately due to political/ local issues), however, remain in the system.

(to all the true foster parents that do it 4 the right reasons and have thur heart in the right place -- this is just a small percent I am sure --- ) plz do not jump on me --- i just need to be open about this ---

Time magazine as well as re-quoted in the NY times --- "Most foster parents try their best to provide stable, loving environments for the children in their care. However, it is becoming increasingly clear that the U.S. foster care system is becoming a “pipeline” for human trafficking. To some it is actually sending children into the sex industry or worse but most do not realize human trafficking isn't always so ugly ! If we really dig into the way the pay / benefit system works towards the foster care industry -- especially from state to state the abuse of funds and monies can be the act of trafficking --- In many cases the foster system helps the court system and back and forth --- just think of the many many foster families who cannot wait for the next kid so the funds continue to arrive in the mailbox or even better -- increase
-- some pay or get involved in huge local and national scams to get higher on "the list" -- It is a tough area to get involved with since it is a true money making private industry mixed with a government agency combined with individuals (many many incredible and just trying to help ! )

at this event I was helping pass out food baskets --- -
-- I actually see multiple peeps explaining to others who were being "recruited" about the extra money and the extra work/chores around the house they can have--- and the food they can get and benefits --
-- I heard one woman (another bad egg-- I'm sure most r soo wonderful -- ) but on a napkin she was explaining how with 3 kids if you do the math -- you can come ahead each month and have time instead of you and your hubby having to "work" --
-- I could go on n on with sick sick stories -- because this prompted me to look into deeper since I felt guilty that years ago I helped these same people as I thought I was helping the kids 2 ?
the facts seem to be --- much different than many know -- --- many adults who are now out of the "system" yet got fought up into sex or trade industry will quickly say foster care was the training ground to actually being trafficked (with the foster parents attached to that "check" instead of love -- just like her pimp is now "attached" to the cash she/he brings in )
- Over 70 % of rescued sex slaves who have been arrested or saved have been in foster care at some point
-"most foster mindset is that they are tied to a paycheck, the kids worth and value were not intrinsic; she/he was worth only the money she/he brought in. This is set up as easy prey for traffickers.?????"
EVERY STUDY I HAVE EVER READ --- has a statement very similar to this
"the money that is given by the state is supposed to be utilized to provide for the child’s basic needs — however the money is more often than not used for other things, specifically for special luxuries for the actual caretaker and their own biological children and families, unrelated to the financial support of the actual child it was intended for.
These caregivers will make statements like “you’re not my child, I don’t care what’s going on with you, as long as you’re not dead, I’ll continue to get my paycheck.”
This “nothing but a paycheck” theory objectifies the youth and the youth begin to normalize the perception that their presence is to be used for financial gain. This creates a mind frame for the youth that their purpose is to bring income into a household! " VERY SAD

There will always be children who require care outside of their biological families. Clearly, what we are doing now is not always working well. In fact, it seems as if foster care is often a precursor to becoming a victim of human trafficking. We must do better for our children, especially children who are most vulnerable.

GetLeft

@invisiblefriend, thanks for that sobering post. Some truly horrible sh*t some people have to endure. Not too long ago around here a judge was jailed for taking kick backs for the kids he sent to a juvy camp.

Serving and protecting.

I just hope that the mom that @WeedyGirl1979 mentioned was doing something worse than weed in their house. And that CPS went to the house for something other than a child's application of free speech. Would espousing the virtues of mj give CPS reasonable cause to believe that a child was being endangered? I can see if the child went to school and complained to a teacher that his parents were stoners and she/he was suffering the consequences. But to take a child's positive contribution to a discussion and criminalize it, resulting in the removal of the child from the home? Something definitely amiss there.

invisiblefriend

Manufacturer
@GetLeft I honestly do not know that individual story about that mother --- -

but I will say -- I have a recent story (3 months ago n still going on) situation with a mom at my sons school --
-- 6th grade -- they discussing drugs in health -- her daughter spoke up many times about feelings she had about legalization/current situation of MJ and furthering the discussion and asking about the medicinal properties ( kids r smart -- and when good families share - the kids they learn sooo well sooo qwik -- ) but now parents that r open with their kids must tell them to keep discussion and thoughts INSIDE THE HOME

this was ENOUGH TO GET CPS TO MAKE A VISIT AND REQUEST A URINE TEST FROM BOTH PARENTS
(it was refused and is still ongoing -- thank goodness the girl is at home with parents currently -- but they ae paying big $ on lawyers ) and they will now be on "A LIST " regardless of the result
THAT IS TRUE !!!!!!!!

I typed the info before -- and I wondered am I jaded ??-- and even though I had those thoughts years ago --- yes I am unfortunately jaded ---

my story a bit different -- but

after over 15 years of being involved on both sides and helping both sides --- after all I have just spoken about --- I get pulled in ??? I couldn't believe it --- ???

Suddenly I am a single DaD with an amazing son ! Just us 2 against the world
We lived and still live together and at the time his grandmother/my moms had bad cancer a few years ago so we took her into our home to care for her --

it was a tough year n half--- the first 6 months was tough she couldn't / wouldn't eat and only had days to live but was fighting so hard !
-- the 2nd part of the year the hospice workers who helped me out twice a week finally talked my mom who was SOOOOO against MJ to just try it ---- so I started getting capsules of thc since she couldn't ingest any other way --
IT WAS AMAZING
now my mom could talk to us and laugh again -- go outside for fresh air -- she started to eat --
suddenly no more need for hospice --- bye bye
she got so strong --- one dose in am -- one dose in pm --
instead of day by day -- we stopped even thinking about --- we started making future plans !
yes --- unfortunately she did die from the cancer 14 months after starting the new treatment !
(20 months after she was given just days)
every dr prior -- said we had just days --- -- it was amazing ---
I was so happy - my mother was so happy as was my son as they got to know each other and develop amazing memories from those 14 months !
the night my mom passed -- the fire department came to get the hospital bed @ 8 pm

and the police showed up to arrest me
with cps hand in hand ???and take my 4 year old son away @ 11pm !!!!! (yes there was a bottle of 12 thc capsules found next to her hospital bed in our home ! - i guess they removed them early in the day ..... I didn't think i needed to deny it .... )

(yes I have been vaporizing for years -- so yes I was vaping during this time as well --- so yes of course if / when I was going to be tested I would not pass thc .........)
** in the end - due to many factors including no search warrant / no rights read and my sons and my rights violated to name a few ---- 2 of the cops lost job ! and my case eventually got dropped **
a long stressful expensive time ---tough time -- a time that my son n I needed each other !
(and this was the months after my son and I lost his grandmother/my moms from cancer and his grandfather / my dad was murdered by a drunk hit n run within months)

Thank goodness they allowed my brother to hold onto my son as my lawyer turned things around --- (so I moved my brother into my home so we were all together asap ! ) THE LAWYER MADE SO MY SON WAS ONLY AWAY FROM ME FOR 12 HOURS -- but if I didn't have that money ?????? who knows what would have happened ???

but it took 9 months of showing I'm a good citizen (just not pissin thc) -- and 28k $$$$$$$fees and later of course
-- so I pay 28K -- I can only imagine what our govt needed to waste and then also what the private organizations pay at the same time ! just for a case that should have never happened ---

was that good for my son -- no way --- but he all good n we doing better than ever --
n here i am in the future --- I felt so good about the time with my mother n I thought I did right @ the time -- with my son n with my mom --
but I guess I look back and I was wrong maybe ? IDK some things r not cut n dry I suppose

I do know since my son was young at the time -- the foster parents were circling just HOPING i would fuck up --- ?? n that was scary to watch -- ( and actually receive phone calls from private groups ?? )

just as it was disgusting to see the judgement placed on peeps who unfortunately go through these things ---- I feel lucky I got by -- n my community swarmed up and helped and supported once I went to the media !

If I was solo -- -- IDK -- who knows the scary outcome !

let us all just please look out for one another !
and if you see something wrong --- if you r close enough or know someone close enough -- try n help -- ?

doesn't anyone remember that it takes a village to raise a child ?? that is gone now --most turn thur head -- n don't offer the hand for help --

the above 3 stories span a 23 year period --- starting with working with the lawyers -- then 23 years since then...... a lot I'm sure has changed ---
but all info I put in this aside my personal facts come from articles written in 2014 / 2015

grokit

well-worn member
I just hope that the mom that @WeedyGirl1979 mentioned was doing something worse than weed in their house. And that CPS went to the house for something other than a child's application of free speech. Would espousing the virtues of mj give CPS reasonable cause to believe that a child was being endangered? I can see if the child went to school and complained to a teacher that his parents were stoners and she/he was suffering the consequences. But to take a child's positive contribution to a discussion and criminalize it, resulting in the removal of the child from the home? Something definitely amiss there.
Actually it was even worse than that, I believe the mother was just using canna oil for a medical condition. I don't even think that she inhaled it, I think she was ingesting it somehow but I would have to read it again.

dUbmethod20

Keepin it foggy
I've got a one year old and a newborn so I'm a recent convert from smoking. I use a mod/rda setup for nic and along with the move to vaping I also moved to hash oil because it's wait to hide, smells less and works quickly. Anyway I have a separate rda setup for oil. Ill either vape outside our downstairs in my workshop. That's how I'm doin it :-)

DOOM

That's one of the reasons why I switched to vaping. When my wife was preggo she would complain about the ash smell from combusting, even when I went into garage for a session, she would still smell it on my clothes.

It was a struggle to transition from combusting to vaping. But I'm glad I did. My son is 2 now. The best part of vaping is that I still have energy. After a nice session in my garage I can easily come back and play with my son, instead of being a burnout on the couch.

GetLeft

Right there with you on the whole couch deal. The fact that vaporizing allows me to control my buzz means I can tone it down when I need to. Before I'd occasionally find myself trying to get through the first wave of an unexpectedly powerful buzz before I'd dare communicating with anyone. Also avoided contact due to odor issues. Both of those things definitely detracted from the joy, so vaping has been a major improvement for me. I can take care of my business in a number of places now, quickly and discretely. Then right back into the middle of things with no fear of being too blotto or too smelly. Big happy face on this dude. :) And a marijuana leaf too. :leaf:

Ricardo

No activity here for almost a year..... Last night my 20-year-old daughter spotted the glass stem and tube from my Ascent which were cooling off prior to soaking in ISO. Usually I'm super-careful but it had to happen some time, I 'spose. Vaping isn't really a thing where I live and she said something about not knowing much about drugs but that this stuff looked like meta-amphetamine or crack paraphernalia.... I brushed it off and assured I didn't do ice or crack! But then,later, I got to worrying if she really thought I was a crack fiend so I had "the conversation" with her. Turns out she hadn't given it a second thought - thought the glassware was something to go with gardening, maybe bonsais!!! So I needn't have 'fessed up at all :rofl:. Anyway, she's cool with it so all's well that ends well :peace:

GetLeft

Sounds like you're good to go!
My oldest is fourteen so having that conversation is not something I even want to think about.
The other day he got into the front seat of the car. When he got out, I noticed that my arizer air (without the stem in it) was sitting in the corner of the seat. He hadn't seen it, or if he did he didn't think it was any different from any of the other crap that I usually have lying around on my seat. I breathed a deep sigh of relief and then thought that hell he's a teenager and cares 110% about himself and -10% about his old man (relatively speaking) so I don't imagine he spends too much time wondering whether or not I partake.
Having to be cautious is my main buzz kill these days.

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
We have three kids under 5, and recently started partaking. We normally only do it after they are in bed, but occasionally on the weekends or days off we start a little early when they are around, but definitely never anything they could come close to getting a "contact" high. My friend asked me what if they ask about it, and I said I'd be honest. I think the biggest reason people are so scared of everything is no one talks about it enough, as if they're too afraid of either the topic or the conversation itself, so the fear keeps getting passed down to further generations.

But we are the family whose 4 year old asks if other boys have penises and all his female friends if they have vaginas, so we're already weird.

sChris

Account Closed
I use my portable in the kitchen with a window open usually, or a pipe outside. My kids have asked what it was a couple of times and ive said 'its just an ecig like your mums, except mines not addictive because I only put herbs in it' :D

They are usually in bed when I start, but sometimes I'll start a few hours earlier if I can

Adobewan

We have three kids under 5, and recently started partaking. We normally only do it after they are in bed, but occasionally on the weekends or days off we start a little early when they are around, but definitely never anything they could come close to getting a "contact" high. My friend asked me what if they ask about it, and I said I'd be honest. I think the biggest reason people are so scared of everything is no one talks about it enough, as if they're too afraid of either the topic or the conversation itself, so the fear keeps getting passed down to further generations.

But we are the family whose 4 year old asks if other boys have penises and all his female friends if they have vaginas, so we're already weird.
"Coming out" is liberating dude ;)... one of the things I found myself saying yesterday was "If we lived in California I'd have it on prescription". :leaf:
I use my portable in the kitchen with a window open usually, or a pipe outside. My kids have asked what it was a couple of times and ive said 'its just an ecig like your mums, except mines not addictive because I only put herbs in it' :D

They are usually in bed when I start, but sometimes I'll start a few hours earlier if I can
Wonderful for us to have these liberties, just be aware of DARE programs and the like that encourage kids to narc.

Reflections

I agree with @Adobewan , alot of schools have the DARE program and kids are totally taught to hate drugs and to report. I live in California and my son would come home and mention how he hated drugs and any kids that tried to push joints or other drugs on him. This was back like 20 years ago. I never mentioned I smoked and always hid it from him. Back then too you risked having your kids and property taken away from you..so I lived with doing it in the closet!! Over time the laws have changed here but I still never subjected him to the smell or contact highs.. since he hates drugs of any kind thanks to DARE.. in which I am glad he does not partake in any or even drinks! I finally confessed to him when he was 25 that i did partake in vaping now and had a medical card and he was totally cool with that!

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
In my area they don't have the DARE program anymore. They had it when my kids were in school though. I used cannabis back then after the kids went to bed. I was afraid I would get found out as being a "bad parent"

It was a way for kids to tell on their parents if they used cannabis. Plus the DARE officer visited every Thursday. With cannabis you have that tell tale sign smell wise. I used to burn insence.

The DARE program started when they were in the 3rd grade. It was hard to explain cannabis after the system filled their brains with bogus information.

Last edited:

djelibebbi

AKA djelimon, but lost the email
Back porch for me. Son knows but I don't do it in his face. I also tell him all that shit - dope, drinking, whatever else - is just a distraction for him until he's done high school. And if he does get into it, just be honest with me. I also told him some cautionary tales about falling in with a bad crowd from my own past, so hopefully he knows to be discerning. Mostly I worry about what happens if he goes to college and discovers this shit unsupervised.

Creeper

deep in the matrix...
Wow, just reading this thread (in bits and pieces) makes me feel better about the world in general. :D

I wish my parents had smoked some of this growing up, my household was "tense" lol.

I look forward to educating my nephew on it one day, although my brother is pretty cool with it so he'll probably beat me to it.

Tehmongoose

I like to hi
I have an mflb stealthily hidden in the living room as well as some vapor carts. Also a plug in in the bedroom for when I have time to my self or the wife distracts our boy long enough.
Vaping is the way to go!

HomeFree

DARE was great (not really). They lit up a fake joint in my class. I don't know what it was. I never told my parents at the time but later I went to a baseball game with my dad and smelled cannabis and said it smelled like MJ. He said "How do you know what it smells like?" "They lit a joint in class". His eyes got huge, he was so pissed off, he thought they lit a real joint.

I remember watching Nancy and Ronald Reagan saying don't do drugs on some television broadcast and that was the catalyst for my experimentation. "I don't wanna be like those people. I'm gonna use drugs!" Oops.

Even though it is legal in my state I still would not mention any use or use around any minor children. It was easy to tell the kids who had parents who used it because they blabbed their mouth about it. Personally it would not bother me one bit to see someone smoking pot outside with kids inside because I know it isn't a big deal at all, it's just an herb. But some people are busybodies.

Be careful.

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
I remember when DARE came to my high school. They lit a candle. Smelled like a dead skunk, and all the stoners were like, "Oh, it's DARE day! FYI, this is nothing like what weed smells like."

I also remember listening to my friend's dad (our "Officer Friendly") talk about how important it is to tell police and authority figures when people do bad things, etc. After class was over, I walked over to my friend, who's cop dad just lectured us on how to properly be narks, if she was going to nark on herself that she smoked weed. She just said no lol.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I treat it just like coffee or wine around my kids. I vape a lot and often but always in my garage if I am home. The garage is a cesspool of my tools and their toys so we share the garage. My boys are 4 and almost 6 and I have a 4 month old girl. I will be damned if I am going to raise them to have some sort of stigma that what I do is a criminal act or wrong in any way. As they grow they will be educated properly and they will be informed that there is a horribly incorrect stigma around cannabis and that they have the option just like coffee or alcohol or cigarettes to make the decision for themselves when they are of the appropriate age.

Fuck Dare and Fuck People who have a stigma. The stigma is so damn strong, parts of it still exist in actual users. I lived much of my life wondering if I was wrong for enjoying cannabis because of the stigma that it comes with and it took me many years to realize that I stand out against the stigma with all my success as a father, a husband, a career employee, a home owner, a community supporter and so much more that illustrates what a great person I am. I know I am not the only one as there are many of you on here that are the same and many local friends that I have that are the same.

For those who drink and have kids, have you ever let your kid try your drink? It's not uncommon for my brothers, uncles, aunt's, parents or cousins to allow my kids a sip of their alcoholic beverage. Why is this ok? I would never offer my kids a hit of my vape. They see it clear as day and see what goes in and what comes out but they know it is not something they can have. There is no tolerance to this rule with me. So stigma is bullshit, because I am the criminal here. :mental:

Top Bottom