Parents That Vape

Tranquility

One thing that I don't do even when someone is OK with it....I don't vape around children in a enclosed room. I prefer to be "overly" considerate even when it's not necessary. I've had some friends and family break out the vape with toddlers in the room and I've asked them to use another room.....I usually go with them so they don't get lost :D
I don't drink, cuss or vape around kids. Not because of a worry of some physical effects from the action, but because of the modeling behavior. If I'm going to be a bad example of something, I'd prefer it to involve explosions in some way.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I don't drink, cuss or vape around kids. Not because of a worry of some physical effects from the action, but because of the modeling behavior. If I'm going to be a bad example of something, I'd prefer it to involve explosions in some way.

So farting is ok then! I concur! In keeping with the thread purpose I propose farting be used to show how much better vaping in close proximity is.

Thanks for the outlet......Now that my grandson is old enough to understand I've been asked to curb the "potty humor" and I was having withdrawal symptoms.

510MOD

Manufacturer
Judge ye who have not thrown a stone I say. I have 4 kids from 14 months to 9 years. I would have to teach them that deceitfulness, lying and living multiple lives is ok if I was to never cuss, drink or vape in front of them. My kids are proper kids with manners, courtesy, discipline and confidence. Much better than I was or any of the kids I grew up with. So am I in a manner of both.

I don't vape indoors though. Just not my thing.

Tranquility

Judge ye who have not thrown a stone I say. I have 4 kids from 14 months to 9 years. I would have to teach them that deceitfulness, lying and living multiple lives is ok if I was to never cuss, drink or vape in front of them. My kids are proper kids with manners, courtesy, discipline and confidence. Much better than I was or any of the kids I grew up with. So am I in a manner of both.

I don't vape indoors though. Just not my thing.

All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts,
His acts being seven ages. At first, the infant,
Mewling and puking in the nurse's arms.
Then the whining schoolboy, with his satchel
And shining morning face, creeping like snail
Unwillingly to school. And then the lover,
Sighing like furnace, with a woeful ballad
Made to his mistress' eyebrow. Then a soldier,
Full of strange oaths and bearded like the pard,
Jealous in honour, sudden and quick in quarrel,
Seeking the bubble reputation
Even in the cannon's mouth. And then the justice,
In fair round belly with good capon lined,
With eyes severe and beard of formal cut,
Full of wise saws and modern instances;
And so he plays his part. The sixth age shifts
Into the lean and slippered pantaloon,
With spectacles on nose and pouch on side;
His youthful hose, well saved, a world too wide
For his shrunk shank, and his big manly voice,
Turning again toward childish treble, pipes
And whistles in his sound. Last scene of all,
That ends this strange eventful history,
Is second childishness and mere oblivion,
Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything.

Solomon

Talk to the Beard
This issue came up at my house just recently. I have 2 kids (22 and 24) and 3 grand-kids (.25, 3, and 7), and I do not vape with them in the same room. However, it has been explained to my 2 older grand-kids that "Grandpa needs to take his medicine and will be right back". We have defined mj vaping as medicinal, which is legal in FLA, so we no longer worry about kids saying anything to their friends or families (like we did 10 years ago). This explanation has also been accepted by my daughter's in-laws who also come from a medicinal mj state (Arizona).

So now instead of it being a "secret", we're just discreet about it. To the kids, it's no difference than my brother-in-law who has to leave occasionally to deal with his colostomy bag. It's just another medical thing that I think, if anything, would make them less likely to want to try it recreationally.

Interesting that the issue of "second hand vaping" came up. From what I have gleaned online from studies, second hand vaping of mj flower has almost no second-hand effects because 90+% of the active compounds are absorbed by the one vaping. What is exhaled is "vapor" (a "gas" and not smoke), which leaves almost no trace in air, no heavy metals or particles like smoke does. It disperses in the air almost immediately, and no longer contains enough psychoactive chemicals to be traceable.

This is NOT to be confused with vaping oils or vaping e-cigs, which do add additional chemicals, and present a greater danger.

So while I do not vape with kids or non-vapers in the room, I do it out of respect and not cause I think they "get high" or because I think it's dangerous. My wife says "better safe than sorry" if they do discover some previously unknown secondary-vape side effect. I'm fine with that too.

strech

The wife has made the decision to hide our use. Myself I won't go blowing clouds in front of him but can be careless with putting things away. With legalization in about a month we have been discussing how to move forward then add he is getting close to age of natural discovery 12 now. She has much more concern then I.

EverythingsHazy

Until Cannabis is federally legal, on top of being legal in your state, I would avoid letting your young children know about your use of it, because children reveal private matters all of the time, and you would not want to deal with the legal ramifications that can come from them saying the wrong thing to the wrong person.

Alexis

I gave my 70-year old mum my unusable Flowerpot Showerhead a couple of years ago and she did like it when she did use it but she has gravitated entirely away from vaporization and simply prefers her edibles nowadays.

She doesn't like the suddenness of the onset with vaporizing and smoking she hasn't smoked for many decades but she prefers the more credible delayed onset of the edibles.

I did say to her though that it is when you have not vaporized for some time that the initial hit can come on very powerfully and overwhelmingly but generally is not like that when you are vaporizing regularly or more often.

After a substantial break hitting a strong vaporizer load is analogous to an LSD come up in many ways with that initial uncomfortable period where are your subconscious and unconscious has a sort of spotlight shone inwards on all of the crap and disorder which needs to be filtered out.

But I am tempted to get my mum some organic CBD flowers to see if I can get her to make some good use of one of the greatest desktop vaporizers ever to be invented such a shame to be sitting idly underneath our front room armchair.

Top Bottom