Discontinued Pandora Kit from Purple-Days

Purple-Days

I think the issue with a vinyl would be finding an adhesive. Yes, the leather makes a non-skid surface too, but I think cork might be ideal for the vegan set. I have had requests for vegan PDs and have thought about a suitable material many times, but never hit on cork :duh: Coasters etc. are made of cork... a great idea. Non-toxic, would work with carpenter's glue. :tup:

We were at the new Laser and Wood man's shop yesterday to drop off a bunch of Walnut and Alder and place an order for a bunch of Myrtlewood bodies. More fun was a tour of the shop, these folks make beautiful Myrtlewood jewelery, and two ladies were assembling parts. Also of interest was looking at some of the larger Myrtlewood items in the retail shop and seeing the high quality of this fellow's laser work.

Western Maple is off the menu. As I have said it is a very wasteful wood and the best looking stuff comes from the most wasteful parts. The plain stuff is just plain, like most other maple, boring. Also off the menu Billy-Bowls. Congrats to all who own one, they are a thing of the past. If you have an order in for one we have the product in hand, but these are the last pieces.

Purple-Days,

panasonic

Plant said:
i just ordered the Myrtlewood pandora i'm so stoked can't wait to get it and start building :)
How did you manage to order? I haven't seen a buy button on the site this whole time

panasonic,

Plant

i went to the main site and clicked on pandora and then under the picture of the kit there is a option to go to usa/can(flags) or outside North America and then click on the buy button with the myrtlewood

Plant,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
panasonic said:
Plant said:
i just ordered the Myrtlewood pandora i'm so stoked can't wait to get it and start building :)
How did you manage to order? I haven't seen a buy button on the site this whole time
If you look at the pandora kit page, you will notice right under the first pic there is a link that says Ordering info click here. click on that and you will see the buy button

DevoTheStrange,

panasonic

Don't see a buy button dudes:
14oam2r.png

panasonic,

Plant

yep yo're right i ordered mine for overseas and there is a button to buy a mirtle wood on the page for outside the US
but that's bcuzz there is a 2-4 week wait for outside the US so by then Tom will have the new myrtlewood bodies in :uhoh: i hope

Plant,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Your totally right panasonic, there is no buy button...
it says coming soon.. so I dunno if it isnt available yet... or the code just hasn't been updated.

DevoTheStrange,

Gatsby T Pig

I would prefer to wait for a PD but considering the length of time and unbelievable wood and base selections, I have become interested in the PDP.

I am pretty good at assembling things and following directions. My only concern is soldering. I have never soldered anything before. Everything else looks like I could figure it out without much difficulty.

Does anyone have advice as to something to practice soldering before building a PDP. Do I even need to practice? I have seen a couple vids but Tom might just be making it look easier than it really is. Is soldering the only thing I should be worrying about when putting this bad-boy together?

The reason I am concerned is, if I mess this up, I'm screwed(maybe not because it seems Tom is very reasonable)... but I am definitely fretting.

What would you say the difficulty level of the build is? I know it might be hard to judge if you are highly skilled like Devo. Maybe someone could give a few possible pitfalls or difficulties they would foresee for people not used to some skills that are required for this build. Or some they ran into.

I noticed 'the ob' had almost identical concerns as mine. Is there anyone else out there like me or 'ob'? I am capable but I worry.

Gatsby T Pig,
Hey, just finished the most the assembly of my PD(testing it right now before closing the bottom)
It was awesome to build!!
Everything was easy, including the solder
Don't be scared by soldering, its really easy, just follow the instruction.
The worst part about building my Pd was paying 20$ for those ring player at my local hardwood store:mad:
Btw, I'm a teenager and I don't have many experience with tool.
I sometime help my dad work around the house and that's it.
The building is really fun and the instructions are really good.
Follow the instructions and nothing can go wrong (except if your a dumbass...)
I really recommend this kit to anyone, and I will surely tell my friends about it!
IMO, it's cool to build your own vape, because you are bonded to it :D
Now, I don't plan on using my volcano digit for a long time!

Edit: My Purple Days is ALIVE!!!:D:ko:

Big Dick Baller,

Purple-Days

Sorry, about the confusion with the Myrtlewood buy button. It was up for a bit, then I took it down while we found a new Laser and Wood man. It's back up. I forgot about it till now. Thanks.

BDB, I really enjoy hearing that the build was fun and the instructions were good. I think a decent set of ring pliers are $10 around here, of course some brands are more expensive than others.

A few Pandoras in the bunch today. ;)
2mn4raq.jpg

Still working hard on Original PDs, but when it's boring time, (or any other op) they all go as a group. Some Ash in the crowd, otherwise American Cherry and Walnut.

Boring is a grip killer, with this many (left hand), and you dare not let loose. Even my fingernails hurt tonight (serious). Whah... :lol: Standing at the press all day is tough, but I have great dust collection these days, and I still promise a look at the noise canceling muffs, so I have radio and hearing protection even in the noisiest conditions. If you are young, please protect your ears while you can. I have always tried, but as a professional carpenter and ex-rocker I was ever-exposed and pay for it today. :cool:

Purple-Days,
How many layers of Buzz butter do you guys use or recomend?

Man I thought my PD was pretty, I then but one layers of Buzz Butter and :o

Big Dick Baller,

Pammy-Days

Lovely Assistant
Hey BDB,

It really depends on you. For me 1 layer about every other week is enough. Put it on while the Pandora's warm for best results and wipe off with a soft, clean cloth and buff. :brow:

Pammy-Days,

Purple-Days

From our blog:

Custom Pandoras

We already do several house species. American Cherry, Alder, Ash, Myrtle, and Black Walnut. But some folks want other woods, something with a bit of spice.
fz4yg8.jpg

Ambrosia Maple. Nice.

This fellow contacted me, asked about the woods suitability, we have done this for some folks.

Would you like something extra nice? Maybe we can find the wood.
o7kgsi.jpg

Now we can offer it to all Pandora Builders. Custom woods.

If you can find a suitable wood that you would like for a Pandora Kit, we will turn it. Send a picture for your approval. Then , you pay. If it doesnt work, or you dont like the picture, then no big deal we toss it. You like? We send a kit.

Lots of places to get beautiful woods, local dealers and the internet. We ask that you choose medium density hardwoods for optimum temperature output. We also require Kiln Dried material. Size : 3 x 3 x 12 . Kiln Dried only, (PAD is not acceptable). Please do not select endangered woods. We will not accept them.

This may seem enough for two units, but allows us to choose the best portion of the stick for your unit, wether its in the middle or the end, you get the best part.

Custom shop. $180 and up for the kit. Laser work, leathers, matching holders and bowls, Custom is what you want.

Purple-Days,

hereatlast

Very nice.

I just ordered a Pandora kit :D
Gotta update with some choices, decisions....

hereatlast,

Plant

wow those are super maybe i'll do a special one after i'm done with the myrtlewood :rolleyes:

Plant,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Well my Pandora just passed the heat up test.... Wheeee!! Am I the first gal to get her Pandora heating??

I'm still waiting to hear from my friend to see if he got his working yet.

I was worried I might mess up but heated up no problem and I'm excited. Waiting for glue to dry :D

Thanks for all the support here!!! Wouldn't have had the guts to try if it wasn't knowing I had support team lol! Oh and the new woods look divine!!!!

Lo,

Purple-Days

When I find time to turn them, they will be graded and priced. Pictures and buy buttons will be up when units are available. They will be first come first served. We are not taking names or requests. Probably a few weeks before any are available. We just ordered the wood.

Purple-Days,
Top Bottom