Discontinued Pandora Kit from Purple-Days

JohnDeere

Question.

How much cooler does the Myrtlewood run...does it effect the clouds possible...I am planning on using mine primarily with my illadelph and would like to cloud it.

WOuld like to hear from some experienced myrtle/glass users...also from anyone else who gets clouds from their particular wood.

Tom is it too late to change my wood choice?

JohnDeere,

Infinite Cosmos

Quantum Foam
Got my Alder PD all put together, aside from the leather! The glue is drying right now!

Now to play the waiting game...

Infinite Cosmos,

Purple-Days

JohnDeere, you can change an order up till the time we ship. :)

We use Kiln Dried Myrtle, all our woods are KD, so there won't be a 'break in' period. :cool:

But, Myrtle is more dense than most of our other woods and I say so on our site next to the buy button. This means lower temperatures (2-3 degrees F, IMO, *all other factors being equal) than our Original Cherry, or Walnut or Alder. But Ash is even more dense resulting in slightly lower temps (another 1-2 degrees F, IMO *) than Myrtle, yet people use Ash units with satisfaction. All are in the 'Vapor Zone' but those looking for standard Purple-Days results should stay with the Cherry, Walnut or Alder. Insulation is the reason. Denser woods transmit the heat faster to the exterior. Simple thermodynamics, lower R-Value.

Purple-Days,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
How much cooler does the Myrtlewood run...does it effect the clouds possible...I am planning on using mine primarily with my illadelph and would like to cloud it.

WOuld like to hear from some experienced myrtle/glass users...also from anyone else who gets clouds from their particular wood.
My PD is by far my favorite vape, and sometimes i go weeks or longer without using anything else. Although i hook my PD up to glass often, please remember, This is not a bong vape. Sure you can fill up your tube with some vape. But tubes are not it's intended design use and method of intake. You will be disappointed, if looking for a glass tube exclusive vape IMO.

But if the main intended purpose of your PD is for glass you would not want to use Myrtlewood. It runs similar in temp to my ash PD, it will make a difference. You could use a beer coozie, but whats the point? you dont want to cover a PD. So i would stay away from Ash and Myrtle if you want to use glass as your primary PD method. :2c:

IAmKrazy2,

hereatlast

Regarding the PD and glass, minnesnowta posted some beautiful pics. of a milked up Vertigo showerhead circ. bud powered by the PD :o; I think he mentions that he was surprised at how well the PD does with a piece that large.

I'm interested to find out what my PD usage is, as of now I'm vaporbonging only and I'm thinking the Alder PDP will fall in line with that. :cool:

hereatlast,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
For the amount of herb you use, it is damn AMAZING, what you can get in a glass tube from a PD. You can actually use the glass to get the most pulled out of the PD stems, and i still can lightly brown the herb in any of my tubes even with my Ash PD can get it even to dark brown with the others woods.

That being said, restricted airflow and real big tubes just are tedious on your lungs after prolonged bowls. Others may not notice this, but to me i think it would feel uncomfortable or tedious on my lungs to pull 15 stems through glass every day, even through a small glass bubbler. Now 12 regular stems and 3 through a small piece of glass? That sounds like a good day. You also just wont get the real thick pulls that you could get from other bong exclusive vapes or big hit whip styles vapes. the tradeoff? the other vapes burn a LOT more herb to get thicker pulls. This is just my opinion It's not in the PD's nature.

IAmKrazy2,

JohnDeere

Tom & Pammy , I just emailed you guys about switching up to Cherry...I love the look of those Myrtles, but I really want to cloud my tube...judging by the vids I've seen I am hoping this won't be a problem.

Thanks again, and thanks IAm & Hereatlast for the input.

JohnDeere,

lwien

IAmKrazy2 said:
My PD is by far my favorite vape, and sometimes i go weeks or longer without using anything else. Although i hook my PD up to glass often, please remember, This is not a bong vape. Sure you can fill up your tube with some vape. But tubes are not it's intended design use and method of intake. You will be disappointed, if looking for a glass tube exclusive vape IMO.

But if the main intended purpose of your PD is for glass you would not want to use Myrtlewood. It runs similar in temp to my ash PD, it will make a difference. You could use a beer coozie, but whats the point? you dont want to cover a PD. So i would stay away from Ash and Myrtle if you want to use glass as your primary PD method. :2c:
Hmmm......

I primarily use my cherry wood PD thru my bong now and it works great. Able to get two healthy hits that fills my HVY Mini-Beaker with another one to two much smaller hits without the bong to finish up the stem. It seems to me that I am still able to maintain the efficiency of the PD even though I'm hitting it thru a bong, so for me, I am very satisfied hitting the PD thru glass.

Regarding not using Ash for bong use, I have to ask why? What I've observed is that when I hit my Cherry PD thru the bong, it runs warmer and the ABV comes out a lot darker than when I don't use the bong, so if one still wants to take bong hits through it, but wants to run at a temp that is a bit lower, I would think the Ash would work great, but you have experience with it, so could you give a bit more insight as to why the ash would not be a good choice in this situation.

lwien,

JohnDeere

I just have a 16inch straight tube with a basic slit-diffuser downstem...slowpulls are no problem...especially since I stepped up from dozens of huge Gbongs and milked-out combusted tubes to 18 cano balloons a day.

I just want an efficient way to vape through my tube with a satisfying rip without having to use half a jet fuel lighter on a vapman. If I need 6 square foot cloud of vapor, I can always throw .5g in the cano.

JohnDeere,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I primarily use my cherry wood PD thru my bong now and it works great. Able to get two healthy hits that fills my HVY Mini-Beaker with another one to two much smaller hits without the bong to finish up the stem. It seems to me that I am still able to maintain the efficiency of the PD even though I'm hitting it thru a bong, so for me, I am very satisfied hitting the PD thru glass.

Regarding not using Ash for bong use, I have to ask why? What I've observed is that when I hit my Cherry PD thru the bong, it runs warmer and the ABV comes out a lot darker than when I don't use the bong, so if one still wants to take bong hits through it, but wants to run at a temp that is a bit lower, I would think the Ash would work great, but you have experience with it, so could you give a bit more insight as to why the ash would not be a good choice in thissituation.
In my opinion Iwien, the amount you use might be a factor. I assume you use less then me. My main question, is there anyone who uses their PD day in day out on glass and uses at lease 12 plus stems a day? When using only my PD i probably use anywhere from 10-20 stems a day. I just couldn't do this out of glass. Once again, this is my opinion, i'll leave it there.

i also was hinting at in my last post that i notice the temp going up when i use my glass. i said it is the way to get the most out of your stems, and commented on the ABV. BUT, i have the option for Ash or other wood every time i use glass, and i never use ash anymore, just tried it. Iwien, when you use glass, would a few degrees less and a little less vapor be equally as satisfying? i guess it is hard to guess at something like that. Either way, switching away from Myrtle was a good choice IMO

IAmKrazy2,

lwien

The PD's work great with smaller tubes, but a 16 inch tube is way too big for it. For that, I would think that something like the Supreme would have been a better choice. Some vapes just do certain things better than others.

lwien,

lwien

IAmKrazy2 said:
In my opinion Iwien, the amount you use might be a factor. I assume you use less then me. My main question, is there anyone who uses their PD day in day out on glass and uses at lease 12 plus stems a day? When using only my PD i probably use anywhere from 10-20 stems a day. I just couldn't do this out of glass.
Ah, yes, I agree. You're correct. I use wayyyy less than you. Only one stem a day.

IAmKrazy2 said:
i also was hinting at in my last post that i notice the temp going up when i use my glass. i said it is the way to get the most out of your stems, and commented on the ABV. BUT, i have the option for Ash or other wood every time i use glass, and i never use ash anymore, just tried it. Iwien, when you use glass, would a few degrees less and a little less vapor be equally as satisfying?
I have no idea, but I'm gonna find out. ;) Would a few degrees less always produce less vapor, or could that be compensated for by taking a longer hit?

Edit: Just saw post #458. :)

lwien,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Thanks Iwien, i just dont want someone geting the PD and thinking it is something it is not. That's all. Hmmmm, another PD tube? It has been VHW and PD tubes all day, nice time to bring this topic up! :brow:

IAmKrazy2,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
I use my pd with my bub daily. Today I've done 5 stems through the circ and one regular. Then I cumbusted :o... But I get where krazy is coming from. If you have a nice tube the pd wouldn't be my first choice but it does do a pretty good job. I've always liked using glass an have used the pd with 7 or 8 different tubes and bubs and I've found that the highest flowing lowest volume peice works the best. When you get something with more air flow it's easier to pull which is why I love it with my circ. But that's all narrow bore, thick glass. It stands 17.5" tall but clears waaaaay faster than my beaker.

Now there are waaaay more satisfying vapor bong rips to be had because of the restriction but day afterday I use the pd with the circ more than the heatwand.

I like the pd because it seems more like a snap and I can finish a stem in 3-4 hits. It's easy to regulate yourself more. I even have a CD glass stem but don't use it too often. I'm gonna go make a quick vid to show how fast it milks and clears

two hits. Ignore the gimp hand lol I Had a accident at work. I got 3 hits after Those two as well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vrh62zcNK00

minnesnowta,
Wow! That bison looks really good with the ash. I like the grain of that ash, too. It's very bold and striking. Did ya have fun building it Lwien?

SkeletonLips,

Purple-Days

I built it for him. He was looking for a bit cooler vape temps. I suggested Ash as a way to get lower temps than the standard Cherry. No, I won't build them for others. This was for a buddy, not a crowd.

Pammy pointed out the blue tinge in the black Bison hide, to me. She has shown me how she uses blue as an addition to black when she paints. It gives it a darker color somehow.

Purple-Days,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Nice Iwien. Quality of the pic isn't great, but it looks to be a really nice piece.

How are you enjoying Ash? I really like having the option, and Ashy gets its workout mostly in morning and afternoon sessions. Are you noticing/enjoying the lower temp? With my Ash, i also didn't experience much of a "break in period" in fact i feel like it functions today exactly how it did a few hours after i got it.

IAmKrazy2,

lwien

IAmKrazy2 said:
Nice Iwien. Quality of the pic isn't great, but it looks to be a really nice piece.

How are you enjoying Ash? I really like having the option, and Ashy gets its workout mostly in morning and afternoon sessions. Are you noticing/enjoying the lower temp? With my Ash, i also didn't experience much of a "break in period" in fact i feel like it functions today exactly how it did a few hours after i got it.
Yeah, the pic was just taken from the built in camera in my iMac. Not the best quality.

I only used the ash once last night after it was plugged in for about 40 minutes. Gonna give it another go tonight. I definately noticed the lower temp. In my Cherry unit, which has been on 24/7 for about a year now, my abv comes out a VERY dark brown. Color of dark chocolate. With the Ash, the abv came out last night a golden tan. Will see if things warmed up a tad being that it's been on all night and all day today. Will report back later tonight, but yeah, I can see how this unit would be used when I got things to do and the Cherry when I just want to get super blasted.

A PD for every occasion. :)

lwien,
Top Bottom