Discontinued Pandora Kit from Purple-Days

Purple-Days

I like the Abolone markers. Very right for a wood from this area. :2c:

Very nice book-matched pieces. ;)

I had a piece, of another wood species, book-match done once, long time ago. Nothing like that... Beautiful work.

The shape is sorta Gretsch and Fender and Gibson, but the electrics and bridge / tail set up is Gibson. Nice find. :cool:

Purple-Days,
Purple-Days said:
Yeah, I liked the grain, Skel, but like you said those pix didn't show it off at it's best. Lighting makes a big difference in a picture. And it's nearly impossible to show the figure in some woods, it's so subtle. Hope you are doing well. ;)
Ha, yeah, webcam photos are no where near even close to showing how gorgeous the grain is. I have put about 5 coats of buzz butter on it and it has just gotten deeper, and richer in appearance. The elk leather has really deepened as well. It is a perfect match for the alder wood.
I had bought a digital camera, a coolpix something that was 10mp, and looked nice, but took absolute shit pictures. Thanks to Amazon's easy return policy, I got my money back. Too scared to buy a digital camera that isn't one of the fancier ones. Maybe someday I'll get a good camera and take some pictures worthy of this little vape.
Yep, Im doing fine as well. Still a bit sore, but no where near the kind of pain I had been going through. I actually was able to sit down in the front seat instead of lay in the back in a recent car ride! Yay! Never thought I could be so happy 'bout something like that. Well, just got done having a session with "Honey", and am off for a walk. Peace.

SkeletonLips,

the ob

all good in the hood.
I am so fired up about the myrtlewood pandora that I have ordered. the details on the myrtlewood are amazing. why do I feel like I may end up owning a few of these....

BTW,
I have changed my wood type three times (I guess I am that guy) and pammy has been very patient and nice to me with very quick reply's. I do not even own the unit yet, but the service has been great.

the ob,

Purple-Days

Pammy says it's cool.. till it's shipped. And says you have only changed twice. ;)

Myrtlewood is used in shops along the Coast as a signature wood (souv.) of the Coastal Experience. Our buddies, who are working with us, to bring you new woods, have a shop with many large bowls and sculptures. Like us, they try to bring new ideas to the table.

The Maple is a nice refrain. Glad to see it back in the line-up.

ps. We like the Elk too. Another North American product (from Maine). Woot !

Purple-Days,

hereatlast

So cool that different density woods provide a slightly different temp. and consequently vapor. More and more I'm thinking a PD Pandora is in my near future :cool:

EDIT: its also very cool to see such a commitment to natural resources, the North American woods look beautiful from here, no need for the exotics.

hereatlast,

Infinite Cosmos

Quantum Foam
Wow...I am really interested in getting a Myrtlewood PD alongside my freshly ordered Alder...decisions decisions.

Infinite Cosmos,

the ob

all good in the hood.
^^^

she is right, but I am on my third wood choice. once it goes out it will be too late....maybe I will get it quicker :). I just excited about a beautiful piece of wood, and I am glad you decided to use it again.

I know it gets used a lot in souvenir shops. I think maybe it looks played out to us because we are here in Oregon. the wood has beautiful features though. I think it will make for a great pandora.

the ob,

Purple-Days

Thanks folks, we always try to provide a better experience.

And once again we try harder.

Ask about our
New Leather...

Including genuine USA harvested Bison Hide.

And a few embossed cowhides, like:
Black Snakeskin
Yellow Lizard
Denim and
Pontiac Green

plus;

North Of Cordovan Horse Hide (extra special)

Purple-Days,

lwien

Purple-Days said:
I like the Abolone markers. Very right for a wood from this area. :2c:

Very nice book-matched pieces. ;)

I had a piece, of another wood species, book-match done once, long time ago. Nothing like that... Beautiful work.

The shape is sorta Gretsch and Fender and Gibson, but the electrics and bridge / tail set up is Gibson. Nice find. :cool:
Here is the maker, Tom. Thought you may like this. What's kind of interesting is that in reading the copy, it seems like you and him are cut from the same cloth.

The quilted maple on honduran mahogany is just insane.

Check it out: http://joetillguitars.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2&Itemid=9

lwien,

the ob

all good in the hood.
tom,

you should have a buy button that says "buyers choice" for indecisive people like me. That way you could just pick out a cool piece of wood, send it and it would be a surprise.

p.s. please stop posting new options until you send mine out. Leathers....are you kidding me with this! that would be amazing.

I promised no more changes and I am sticking to it. today ;)

the ob,

Purple-Days

Snakyskin:
e96l9v.jpg

Yellar Lizzard
1538m5z.jpg

North of Cordovan
r8yxdw.jpg

Denim
ejj4nq.jpg

I'm not kidding. 16 Tailors... :lol:

Purple-Days,

the ob

all good in the hood.
what is the denim? Is that just leather dyed blue? looks like it.

you guys are going for it.....

I am going to be interested to see how you fasten the leather to the wood. also, what kind of wood will you use under the leather?

the ob,

Purple-Days

Thanks Indi, folks seem to be having fun. Why not make it a more individual experience? The new leathers are on the way, Churchill always makes the buying experience special.

Bison Leather and Horse Cordovan will be $5 extra, all others normal price. Just ask Pammy.

Purple-Days,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Do you have a pic of Pontiac green Tom? Sorry. I was thinking that would likely be my choice. Thanks.

IAmKrazy2,

the ob

all good in the hood.
if you want something that knocks it out of the park, you probably want ash.......:lol:

the ob,

lwien

I think Tom just came up with a whole new category of vapes.........Designer Vapes.

lwien,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Thanks for the pic. And speedy, just like Pammy. I think I called her lightning earlier. I am ordering another PD. I think the Pandora PD kit will help me better appreciate The Full PD Experience.

IAmKrazy2,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
I bet it will. I had a blast doing this and am considering doing another. I'm loving the walnut and a ash with snakeskin would be amazing. Someday maybe.

On another not I cut one of my stems down about as short as you can go. Like ~1/8" past the boring. This was not a very good call on my part because now it's soo mall all the poly sits inside the gong joint so you can't pull it to clear it :(. Oh well I've learned. It did however make the pd alot more stable. I'll probaly still use it and just pull the diffy or just use my cd stem.

Now Ima have another stem then put some butter on it. I'm growin attached allready.

minnesnowta,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Crap.., He is offering them in different woods now. I might have to pull the trigger on one of these here shortly.

Awesomeness.

AGBeer,

Purple-Days

6 wood choices and 11 Leathers. :)

Gonna have to add another wood so it's seven and eleven. :D
Old Hickory is a leading contender.

Finished the Leather choices page.
http://purple-days.com/Leather.html
Pandora Kits come with genuine Elk Hide
you may choose another leather to substitute.
This is a separate purchase that you may
make up till the time when your kit ships.

$2 for Cowhides
$5 for Horse Leather
$10 for Bison

Pammy says she is really enjoying being back in the customer service loop. :tinfoil: :lol:

Purple-Days,
Top Bottom