Overwhelmed with choice of vapes. Need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
I used a SSV daily for 8 months btw. Ime whips are clumsy and a little obsolete. Go logs! (yes, I'm a fanboy now, get used to it FC :lol: )

As much as I love my viVape and will likely always use it, after getting it I quickly realized the whip/wand rigmarole was a bit cumbersome compared to what the VXC offers, but even more so a log vape. I'm jonesing for my HI. In the meantime, here's a vid of me with my viVape and my new glass piece.

Quinlin

Thank you all for your help and good advice. I really appreciate it. I've been watching these threads for awhile now and could see you guys know your shit. :) I was getting worn out and wanted to make a decision to buy a quality vape. So.. it sounds like a log vape or the vapolution 2 are both good choices. Any recommendations on the best log vape for health reasons, reliability of use and efficiency? It seems like the clean air path is the characteristic most linked with "healthiest" for my lungs. Is that right? The health reason is my biggest priority. Thanks again!! Appreciate you guys SO much!!

Quinlin,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
It's hard to go wrong with either of the log vapes. I own a CRZ, UD, and HI, and I use all three everyday. I use my CRZ as a direct draw vape because of the ease of use and small load size. MY HI stays on my office desk because of the quick heat up time and my UD's are placed throughout the house in various rooms. I prefer to use the UD and HI with glass because of the less restricted airflow. I do find the more restricted air flow of the CRZ better for direct draw hits though.

I would recommend to read up on each log vape and pick whichever suits your needs best if a log is really what you are looking for.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
My log experience is limited to the PD, the HI and the Solo, and the PD is no longer available. Between these two, I would get a Solo due to the HI's waiting list and learning curve, and the Solo's portability. As far as safety, they are all on the same level. All of the logs use a stainless steel vapor path until they get to the stem. The HI and Solo have glass airpaths after that. The Solo uses a ceramic heating element (I think that's right), which is generally considered to be better tasting, but I haven't paid much attention to taste in the logs. Outside of these two vapes, the CRZ interests me due to its recent innovations, and the UD has a great and loyal following, which says a lot. Once you've narrowed it down this far, don't sweat it too much...they are all good vapes. BTW, congrats on your decision making process...I think it will serve you well. I went over to my dealer's the other night and he had some shitty box vape that he never uses. After I let him try the Cloud and borrow the E, he is vaping a ton. Buying a good vape in the beginning makes all the difference in the world.

Also, sorry to be lazy, but has the Solo gotten all the kinks out? I also looked very carefully at that one, followed the thread for a couple months, and just got exhausted by the discussion of smells and chips and this and that. If it works as advertised, it would indeed be a fantastic all around unit.

I was in this boat for a long time. I really wanted the Solo, but wanted it to get tweaked first. I ended up trading for a M104 with ceramic that had worked fine for its original owners, and I love it. I think if you get one of the new ones, or one of the old ones the way it was meant to be, you will really enjoy it. It's what I use most, and I originally got it just for its portability.

stickstones,

Quinlin

Ok. So I've narrowed it down to one priority in looking for the right vape for me. Health. The main reason I'm switching from combusting to vaping is to help my lungs stay as healthy as possible. I know vapes with clean air paths are typically sought because they maximize taste, but does anyone know of the vape with the cleanest air path, as in a path completely protected/separate from electronics or any other materials that can cause toxins to leak into the air I'm inhaling? That's the vape I want. The other qualities don't matter to me as much as that one. In other words... it doesn't matter to me if it's portable, what type of method is used (direct draw, etc.), how big the hits are, etc.

I know vaping is personal preference, but I've been researching trying to find the vape w/ cleanest air path, not as much for taste as for cleanest air intake- no toxins, electronics, metal exposure, and it's difficult to find. The vapolution worries me a little in that the housing material is cheaply made. I realize the air path materials are what really affect air quality, but if they're going to make the housing cheap, how do we know the inside material (air path) is quality? Thanks again for all your ideas!!

Quinlin,

weedemon

enthusiast
ok you want all glass air path and I think you should also use water filtration as well.

Vapes that will so this for you are the Cloud, VHW, and on the cheaper end of the spectrum, the Gn0me and Vapocane.

I think the LSV, and SSV both deserve consideration as well though. (only the ceramic heater is also exposed in there)

Ultimately I think you want to consider the VHW and Cloud as your vape of choice. :)

weedemon,

Quinlin

Thank you, Weedemon. I saw there's a long wait list for the Cloud. If I ordered one today, any ideas on how long it would take to receive one in Colorado? I'll check out the VHW too. What types of water filtration would you recommend? Does the water filtration purify inhalation too so you don't inhale contaminants? My grandfather has emphysema and I see what he goes through on a daily basis just trying to breathe so I'm probably going too far with purity, but the health factor is big for me, while I still want to enjoy the herb. :)

Quinlin,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Does the water filtration purify inhalation too so you don't inhale contaminants?

Yes it will filter pollen/small particles, add moisture to your hit, and cool down the vapor some. This will allow for bigger hits, ;).

Tweak,
Reactions: Quinlin

weedemon

enthusiast
the VXL team are based out of Cali so I would think it would be very quick once it ships.

As for water filtration: it is a little bit of a double edged sword imo. one one side it does smooth out the hits. (allowing 2 things: you can take bigger hits, or a normal hit before that would have hurt will be lessened or made less harsh) on the other side of the coin, you actually lose a little bit of the flavour. but hey the smoothness is worth it for me. I do low temp dry hits with ice for flavour after getting the tip from a fellow FC member here :)

weedemon,
Reactions: Quinlin

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
I do low temp dry hits with ice for flavour after getting the tip from a fellow FC member here :)

Wow that is a great tip. Thanks for sharing.

Have you noticed any loss of potency from water filtration? I would guess the more surface the vapor passes over, the more chance for condensation.

Tweak,

weedemon

enthusiast
Wow that is a great tip. Thanks for sharing.

Have you noticed any loss of potency from water filtration? I would guess the more surface the vapor passes over, the more chance for condensation.

i would say it becomes slightly less potent yes, but the ability to compensate by taking a bigger hit makes up for it :p

Quinlin

Weedemon and Tweak... good info! Thanks! I'm going to use water filtration, as the benefits outweigh the costs imo. This site is amazing with so much helpful information from people that care to share it. There's such a welcoming feel that helps newbies feel free to ask seemingly stupid questions. Thanks to everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom