Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

Silvercloud538

Does anyone know what the '"skinny"' is w/ O-Phos ,V 2.5 adaptation to Sr-71 via 3.7 v w/

improved batts ?/? (efest ,ultrafire ??)

tia ,sc_

Silvercloud538,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Does anyone know what the '"skinny"' is w/ O-Phos ,V 2.5 adaptation to Sr-71 via 3.7 v w/

improved batts ?/? (efest ,ultrafire ??)

tia ,sc_

Hey Silver, the ophos or the omicron light can not handle the Hercules. But the Omicron with the pass through can. But that is only if you use the Core and have the HVD tops.

clukx

G, Can i load an SR-71 with a full gram and vape it all day like the original carts?

clukx,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
G, Can i load an SR-71 with a full gram and vape it all day like the original carts?

I dont see why not but you have to understand that if you dont cool it correctly its gonna leak. 1 gram needs a lot of inhaling when the power is off.

Caligula is right you need a original coil for this.

Caligula

Maximus

Not on a cut coil you cant. A full uncut coil supposedly can hole a gram, but even then I found that to be a bit too much to have in all at once. That means you are putting a .5g dab on top of a fully saturated coil which also has a half gram in it.

That being said, you can get a lot of pulls off of a properly loaded cart especially with the more stable concentrates like shatter glass.

clukx

Darn, i dont think thats for me then, at least not yet..
Are you planning on implementing an offer to upgrade units like some of your authorized retailers have had in the past? (example) I have an OmicronV2.5 could I send in that with original packaging and reciept for a discount on a Persei?

Silvercloud538

Darn, i dont think thats for me then, at least not yet..
Are you planning on implementing an offer to upgrade units like some of your authorized retailers have had in the past? (example) I have an OmicronV2.5 could I send in that with original packaging and reciept for a discount on a Persei?

Copy that G ~ what would the upgrade be to move from V2 > Persei ??

Silvercloud538,

clukx

Yeah but im not sure i need the Persei either, why not run 5ohm carts on my v2.5 at 7.4v with the hvd head

clukx,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
0BCD0DE8-295D-4F51-9C4D-2C4DD0A46789-1030-0000010C2D9E0B1D_zps4d3958c8.jpg

71FC3229-CCA8-4CA6-AAC8-594087BEA12D-1030-0000010C34E61261_zps47032254.jpg

mollee

Yet another n00b question! :D

The consistency of the c02 oils works best for me (although my AK shatter is doing great too! Wax...not so much).

Anyway, I see a local dispensary offering BHO (strain) Gold Star (i.e "BHO: LA Confidential - Gold Star").

What are these? I see some good strains, so am interested!

Caligula

Maximus
BHO (Butane Hash Oil, but the name can be misleading) means it was made via butane extraction. For the most part the vast majority of concentrates in dispensaries (and everywhere else) are "BHOs". As long as the BHO is purged properly (ask your BT is it was vacuum purged. If it is, then you're probably good to go) there are no issues to be had.

That being said, the traditional Omicron/Persei carts do work REALLY well with those C02 oils (like the Organalabs syringes). However for the more taffy like stuff, or even shatter, I'd opt for one of these new KISS (LAYG) carts.

mollee

BHO (Butane Hash Oil, but the name can be misleading) means it was made via butane extraction. For the most part the vast majority of concentrates in dispensaries (and everywhere else) are "BHOs". As long as the BHO is purged properly (ask your BT is it was vacuum purged. If it is, then you're probably good to go) there are no issues to be had.

That being said, the traditional Omicron/Persei carts do work REALLY well with those C02 oils (like the Organalabs syringes). However for the more taffy like stuff, or even shatter, I'd opt for one of these new KISS (LAYG) carts.
Agreed - the C02 oil syringes are definitely the easiest to use in the Omi. I used it the first time ever loading a cart & it was a cinch.

Any idea what the "Gold Star" designation means?

Looking into the LAYG carts now...

Caligula

Maximus
Agreed - the C02 oil syringes are definitely the easiest to use in the Omi. I used it the first time ever loading a cart & it was a cinch.

Any idea what the "Gold Star" designation means?

Looking into the LAYG carts now...

Trust me, I went through about 50 carts trying out every type of concentrate I could get my hands on. Out of all of it, the C02 oil in a 2.4 ohm cart was by far the most hassle free of all the combos I tried.

As for the "gold star" thing, it's probably something that specific dispensary is doing. Sort of like how I keep seeing "Private Reserves" and "Special Blends" on the menu at some places here. Basically, I'm guessing that it's some designation the club gives their top shelf stuff or some such nonsense.

Who knows, though? Just ask the BT when you call.

mollee

Trust me, I went through about 50 carts trying out every type of concentrate I could get my hands on. Out of all of it, the C02 oil in a 2.4 ohm cart was by far the most hassle free of all the combos I tried.

As for the "gold star" thing, it's probably something that specific dispensary is doing. Sort of like how I keep seeing "Private Reserves" and "Special Blends" on the menu at some places here. Basically, I'm guessing that it's some designation the club gives their top shelf stuff or some such nonsense.

Who knows, though? Just ask the BT when you call.
That's so much, Caligula - you've been so great at answering my many "beginner" questions! I appreciate it!

I'm just noticing these SS Kits, to shorten the Omi. Have these worked well for people? I'm about to order one & just wanted to make sure before I pull the rip-cord on it! ;)

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Yet another n00b question! :D

The consistency of the c02 oils works best for me (although my AK shatter is doing great too! Wax...not so much).

Anyway, I see a local dispensary offering BHO (strain) Gold Star (i.e "BHO: LA Confidential - Gold Star").

What are these? I see some good strains, so am interested!
mollee I found this post thru searching googly(funny how I am on FC reading, do a google search to find gold star bho, brings me right back to a post on FC in the Seattle clubs and concentrates thread, small world). Hope this helps:

"New Millennium and their sister store Aurora Alternate Medicine tend to have nicely priced oils but I've found the quality varies even within the same brand(s). They have Seattle's Best Concentrates and Gold Star Concentrates and n-Tane (not sure if this is a spinoff of SBC or not) and some "in-house" stuff (not sure if they did the actual extraction or sent some trim elsewhere - most of their folks moved up as growers from Colorado as I understand and brought some strains with them, so for the "Glass Slipper" oil, that's definitely from them).

I've had some sparkly issues (not enough purging) with the GSC-brand stuff, but it tends to have a good taste.

I believe GreenHealth Cooperative has a fairly good track record, but haven't tried their oils yet.. A bit higher-priced but I'd definitely pay a bit more for consistency and/or quality.

(Note that I mainly use in Omicron carts, but I do a bit of dabbing as well.. If it doesn't flow well in the cart, I'll extract it back out and wind up dabbing as well as crossing off my purchase list for next time ;)"

Found in the Seattle Clubs and Concentrates thread.
I think this Gold Star may be a "brand".

Caligula

Maximus
That's so much, Caligula - you've been so great at answering my many "beginner" questions! I appreciate it!

I'm just noticing these SS Kits, to shorten the Omi. Have these worked well for people? I'm about to order one & just wanted to make sure before I pull the rip-cord on it! ;)

Not only do you get to shorten it, if you want you can connect the two tubes and run two large capacity batteries. If all you run are 2.4 ohm carts, I'd figure a configuration like that would last you until eternity before needing recharging (@THC SCIENTIFIC you ever run a test on that?)!

Of course having a stealth piece you can slip in your purse/pocket is nice too.

Hope this helps:

"I've had some sparkly issues (not enough purging) with the GSC-brand stuff, but it tends to have a good taste."

Wow. That would be sign #1 to NOT use the BHO and then complain to the dispensary. Even a little "sparkly issue" no not okay, IMO.

mollee

mollee I found this post thru searching googly(funny how I am on FC reading, do a google search to find gold star bho, brings me right back to a post on FC in the Seattle clubs and concentrates thread, small world). Hope this helps:

"New Millennium and their sister store Aurora Alternate Medicine tend to have nicely priced oils but I've found the quality varies even within the same brand(s). They have Seattle's Best Concentrates and Gold Star Concentrates and n-Tane (not sure if this is a spinoff of SBC or not) and some "in-house" stuff (not sure if they did the actual extraction or sent some trim elsewhere - most of their folks moved up as growers from Colorado as I understand and brought some strains with them, so for the "Glass Slipper" oil, that's definitely from them).

I've had some sparkly issues (not enough purging) with the GSC-brand stuff, but it tends to have a good taste.

I believe GreenHealth Cooperative has a fairly good track record, but haven't tried their oils yet.. A bit higher-priced but I'd definitely pay a bit more for consistency and/or quality.

(Note that I mainly use in Omicron carts, but I do a bit of dabbing as well.. If it doesn't flow well in the cart, I'll extract it back out and wind up dabbing as well as crossing off my purchase list for next time ;)"

Found in the Seattle Clubs and Concentrates thread.
I think this Gold Star may be a "brand".
Oh my gosh, thank you! I did a regular google search & came up with nothing. I'll try here next time instead! :D

I think I'll stick to the tried-and-true c02 oils in a syringe for now! They're pricier, but worth it!

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
I got mad search skillz gurl!! :lol:
You are very welcome. I would at least give the Gold Star a try for :science: sake. Plus you've got us all curious now.

Silver420Surfer,
Reactions: mollee

MaxVapor

The Professor

Holy Crap! This has been up for over 4 hours and no one has commented on it.

Has the world ended?

I knew it, it ended and no one told me.

That thing is going to kill my wallet!!

Will it work with regular carts? (I know you hate that question).

MaxVapor,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Holy Crap! This has been up for over 4 hours and no one has commented on it.

Has the world ended?

I knew it, it ended and no one told me.

That thing is going to kill my wallet!!

Will it work with regular carts? (I know you hate that question).

What will work with regular cart?

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Top Bottom