Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
update we made it leak on purpose.

Ok what could make it leak. Holding the power button for 2 minutes and not inhaling.

This made it leak after 50 seconds of on status and no inhaling.

After this we started using the cartridge again with a 2 minutes run time, at first it was getting clogged and gurgling, and it got better, now its clogging but still easy to clear and no leaking.

Seems like once you clean up the leak and start using it normal it clears up as all liquid is pulled back into the heating chamber.

More testing to come.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
ok so another observation is made. Looks like the clogging can be fixed. Its a issue of a small part. Interesting.

Ok back to work, no leaks nothing just did 2x2 min run with about 1 minute in between and we are feeding it with gold at the moment.

no leaks none nope sorry even after making it leak on purpose, it has stopped and is working fine.

ok so another observation is made. Looks like the clogging can be fixed. Its a issue of a small part. Interesting.

Ok back to work, no leaks nothing just did 2x2 min run with about 1 minute in between and we are feeding it with gold at the moment.

no leaks none nope sorry even after making it leak on purpose, it has stopped and is working fine.

thats fuckin awesome!
now, you must be fried on PG....
a pic would be sweet. (not of you fried...)

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
thats fuckin awesome!
now, you must be fried on PG....
a pic would be sweet. (not of you fried...)

It looks like the same on the outside, the internals is whats different.

Update we did find a drop of oil after cleaning up. Now for the hard test. Leaving cartridge alone and see if it leaks.

Starting on cartridge #2 and normal use. No more intentionally making it leak lets see how this goes.

ok update,

Loaded second cartridge with .5 grams of gold, did 2 x 25 6 second pulls with 1 minute of cool down in between each set and doing 10 puffs after its off to cool it down, Now leaving it to cool down for 30 minutes.

I'm over tested and now am feeling the effects like i have never before.

OF

Update we did find a drop of oil after cleaning up. Now for the hard test. Leaving cartridge alone and see if it leaks.

Hey, doesn't the acid test also call for an afternoon in the car trunk? In the full sun?

I'm over tested and now am feeling the effects like i have never before.

After over a gram of PG, I have no trouble believing that.....

Exciting stuff G. How many of these did you have made? Be nice to have some heavy users put some serious time on a couple and see what they flush out. This is the $200 'lasts for a year' cart, right? So much keen stuff in process, I loose track.

Thanks.

OF

OF,

JoeKickass

This is the $200 'lasts for a year' cart, right?

Just the latest version of the regular carts it sounds like, what is this v2.5, v3, or v4?

ok so here is a update, i have in my hands worlds first and i do mean worlds first.

Cart that is designed for runny oils. No its not a ecig cart, no its not a rebranded bs. It is a variation of our cartridge that we are currently testing.

JoeKickass,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Hey, doesn't the acid test also call for an afternoon in the car trunk? In the full sun?

After over a gram of PG, I have no trouble believing that.....

Exciting stuff G. How many of these did you have made? Be nice to have some heavy users put some serious time on a couple and see what they flush out. This is the $200 'lasts for a year' cart, right? So much keen stuff in process, I loose track.

Thanks.

OF

Oh we are going to do the dashboard test.

This is the current cartridge, with different internals. Cleaner taste. I wont say whats what until we release it.

Improvements on this cart is taste, and leak proof for runny oils.

So far the taste i great.

First cart small speck of oil in the air hole on the bottom.

Second cart looks like no leak.

Just the latest version of the regular carts it sounds like, what is this v2.5, v3, or v4?

V2.5 us the updated top for the Omicron.

V3 Cartridge is the Hercules, we stopped calling it that so people wont get

ok update.

Cart #1, made it leak on purpose. cleaned the bottom air hole out and leak has stopped.

Cart #2, normal use no leaks, small clog, but we easy to unclog, popped right out with small suction. Did another 12 pulls at 6 second each and still no leaks.

Office Temp is around 74 degrees.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Well back to update.

Cart 1 is done. Its leaking and keeps on leaking. Guessing the rough testing isnt helping.

I think 50 seconds with button pressed and no inhaling is what killed it, along with the 1 gram fill.

Cart 2, no leaks what so ever. Only doing .5 at a time doing about 10 puffs at 6 second each back to back with no cool down in between hits.

Slow draws.

Tomorrow we test it under Heat. Gonna leave it in the car, under the sun.

Side note taste is awesome.

Gentle readers,

No doubt some will recall the 'spirited' discussions several days back to the effect we were all to stupid to just buy the obviously superior Ego Variable Voltage unit for $20 or so rather than our overpriced THC units?

You know, the one that lets the user select 3.2, 3.7 or 4.2 Volts at will by 5 quick button presses and get a light color change back? We were 'missing out' on higher performance for a lower cost....

Well, as I said at the time, I ordered one from LiteCig USA, it just got here (first class mail, very quick), charged and ready to go. It changes ranges easily and quickly as described and it looks neat and all (a little long for the capacity) but I thought you might be interested in the 'improved performance', this will what seems a fully charged battery. Open circuit (no cart) the outputs are not exactly 3.2, 3.7 and 4.2. They're actually 2.96, 3.50 and 4.01. Put a 2.4 Ohm cart on for a load and you get: 2.65, 3.16 and 3.62. Yes, 3.62 out under a modest load. Not quite 4.2. Scares me to think what a 1.5 Ohm cart might do, I'll save that adventure until later.

Needless to say, even at 'full blast' this guy is underpowered by actual objective measurement against HVD. I suspect a bit of use will make it lower since it's got a small Li-ion battery inside, not IMR, but we'll have to wait to see that.

More later, but as of now my advice is "save your money".

OF

There seems to be some confusion about the OP's port. He was using an Joyetech eGo-C battery and you bought and tested a "Jaunty" clone eGo VV. You can note that Litecig states "not made by Joyetech".

The OP was using this device, which does say it is a "variable voltage', but it isn't (it is unregulated).
http://www.joyetech.com/board/ngnboard_view.php?bid=manual&bno=10&page=1
I don't have one of these, but it is the same electronics as in the 18650 bat picture I posted. I measure (with a Fluke 73III) 3.76v unloaded in regulated mode and 4.06v in unregulated mode on that bat with a not fully charged protected cell.. I don't have an easy rig to test with under load (and I don;t have the correct resisters to gerry-rig a simple one).

However, when _I_ mentioned CHEAP Joyetech VV, I spoke of this product, the eGo-C twist:
http://www.joyetech.com/board/ngnboard_view.php?bid=manual&bno=12&page=1
Here I measure 3.36v on the 3.2v setting, unloaded and 4.98 on 4.8v when unloaded. The manual at the link I provided gives a voltage curve over time under a 2.2 Ohm load and shows the device maintains close to the set voltage (of course it does, according to the manufacturer). There was also this report from a vendor:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...le-voltage-battery-now-available-smoktek.html

I guess there is cheap and there is *CHEAP*. I think you tested the wrong thing. Oh yea, the one you tested is the one sold as the "Double Agent" by Gentleman's.

SUMMATION: Save your money on the 3 (or 4) setting eGo VV clones (or any eGo clone - I wasted some of my money on a RIVA 1300mAh - a 2.4 Ohm Omi cart "works" but not well on it). OTOH, the Joyetech products work well.

-NDA

EDIT: In case no one notices, from the vendors report (a few posts down in the thread) and the manufacturer's choice of test conditions, I would infer the device has a 2.5 Amp current limit. It will do fine on 2.4 or 3.0 Ohm carts, but might be challenged by the 1.5 Ohm carts or any TV gear. It WILL blow clouds (and readily blow up) a 2.4 Ohm carts set to 4.8v.

Nick Again,
Reactions: DubCRider

DubCRider

I'm fairly certain Nick and OF could solve the worlds problems should they ever meet.

I ran in to a guy in the industry trying to sell me on a pen that you hook up to your computer and input the desired temp(vv). $70 wholesale, I laughed. It had a digital hit counter on it too, lol. The downfall of vapor pens will be the massive flood of cheap products that flood the market. Take a look at the Eureka Vape, Atmos Optimos knockoff. Word on the streets is that Eureka was started by an ex-employee of Atmos. They were selling 2-pen kits for $30-$35 at the Cannabis Cup. Soon enough everyone will try out a "cheap" vapor pen and be turned off by a bad expierence. I feel like I see a new pen brand every week!

DubCRider,
EDIT: In case no one notices, from the vendors report (a few posts down in the thread) and the manufacturer's choice of test conditions, I would infer the device has a 2.5 Amp current limit. It will do fine on 2.4 or 3.0 Ohm carts, but might be challenged by the 1.5 Ohm carts or any TV gear. It WILL blow clouds (and readily blow up) a 2.4 Ohm carts set to 4.8v.

I use the same Joyetech battery with 1.5 and 2.4 Ohm carts since one month and it works very well.
Better than on my Omicron (v2)
By far the best battery on the market for stealth vaping.

hippieforever,
Reactions: Soflo

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I use the same Joyetech battery with 1.5 and 2.4 Ohm carts since one month and it works very well.
Better than on my Omicron (v2)
By far the best battery on the market for stealth vaping.

We understand your opinion, but there is a reason why the v2 performs the way it performs.

I would love to discuss old discussions, but boosting the battery to 4.8v till its dead puts a lot of strain on it, and shortens the battery life considerably.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
We understand your opinion, but there is a reason why the v2 performs the way it performs.

I would love to discuss old discussions, but boosting the battery to 4.8v till its dead puts a lot of strain on it, and shortens the battery life considerably.

the v2 is a great device, but I prefer the Joyetech batterie for stealth vaping at work, in bars or wherever I go. It looks like an e-cig, and I allways have a 2nd one in my pocket, with a 510 stainless steel cart filled with e-juice, for curious people or cops who may want to try :lol:

hippieforever,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
the v2 is a great device, but I prefer the Joyetech batterie for stealth vaping at work, in bars or wherever I go. It looks like an e-cig, and I allways have a 2nd one in my pocket, with a 510 stainless steel cart filled with e-juice, for curious people or cops who may want to try :lol:

Cant compete boss with ecig look.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
the v1 and o-phos do :)
you should consider to sell O-Phos double kits, like you did with the v1 (and include a 510 adapter).
It's just a suggestion...

hippieforever,

Sure you can :) The mini is more stealth than any "standard" ecig base I have - Add a cone and you're there. Also the early Centauri shots you posted look good too (and with the pretty colored short carts).

Just to be clear, I bought lots of "junk" to try out and most of it has various problems, at least for me (we all have different priorities).
Much of the ecig stuff is plastic junk (e.g. the Lavatube's endcaps). Other stuff has "problems" like the twist - for me it is far too "shiney" (it is the steel version), but the critical annoyance is that the voltage control will turn in a pants pocket. Besides, I am happy to sip along at 3.7-4.1v and if I need more, there's a Persei loaded with a pair of 4 Ohm carts on the shelf (though I blew lots of 4 Ohm carts until I "learned" to hold the button for no more than 5-7 seconds but keep inhaling for 15-20).

-NDA

OF

There seems to be some confusion about the OP's port. He was using an Joyetech eGo-C battery and you bought and tested a "Jaunty" clone eGo VV. You can note that Litecig states "not made by Joyetech".

However, when _I_ mentioned CHEAP Joyetech VV, I spoke of this product, the eGo-C twist:
http://www.joyetech.com/board/ngnboard_view.php?bid=manual&bno=12&page=1

I guess there is cheap and there is *CHEAP*. I think you tested the wrong thing. Oh yea, the one you tested is the one sold as the "Double Agent" by Gentleman's.

SUMMATION: Save your money on the 3 (or 4) setting eGo VV clones (or any eGo clone - I wasted some of my money on a RIVA 1300mAh - a 2.4 Ohm Omi cart "works" but not well on it).

I'm sure we went through this already, I'm was interested in testing this 'VV' feature, not some other e-cig unit using a different system. Entirely different. You're welcome to criticize what I do, it's a free world, but I get to decide what I want to test, right? And why. In fact it's the very idea that this is the same circuit used by Gentleman's interested me, as did the fun little battery meter as I said before. In fact, IMO right now, the meter is the best part of the unit. I actually had an idea what I was doing and a plan. I don't agree I tested the wrong thing, quite the opposite, I tested the feature I wanted to, the unit you suggest, while interesting as well, does not have that feature. As I said before, perhaps a project for another day or tester.

FWIW that's not the exact unit I tested, either, but a similar one. I'm confident that's not important to the test.

Thus far, we're in agreement that this unit is not recommended as 'better' for use with Omicrons and it does not have the performance the OP stated by actual measure.

I've no doubt it's a popular e-cig thing, just not all that useful here.

BTW, I think this is also used by another unit (Atmos something?) as it showed me an undocumented function last night, it shifted itself from '4.2' to '3.7' mode on it's own. Vaping suddenly got much worse between hits. I measured the NL output at 3.38 confirming it really was in that mode. IIRC someone reported this 'feature' before, Stu? It's either a problem with mine alone (I doubt) or a problem with the design, if not a big one.

OF

OF,

Sure you can :) The mini is more stealth than any "standard" ecig base I have - Add a cone and you're there. Also the early Centauri shots you posted look good too (and with the pretty colored short carts).

Just to be clear, I bought lots of "junk" to try out and most of it has various problems, at least for me (we all have different priorities).
Much of the ecig stuff is plastic junk (e.g. the Lavatube's endcaps). Other stuff has "problems" like the twist - for me it is far too "shiney" (it is the steel version), but the critical annoyance is that the voltage control will turn in a pants pocket. Besides, I am happy to sip along at 3.7-4.1v and if I need more, there's a Persei loaded with a pair of 4 Ohm carts on the shelf (though I blew lots of 4 Ohm carts until I "learned" to hold the button for no more than 5-7 seconds but keep inhaling for 15-20).

-NDA

I'm sure we went through this already, I'm was interested in testing this 'VV' feature, not some other e-cig unit using a different system. Entirely different. You're welcome to criticize what I do, it's a free world, but I get to decide what I want to test, right? And why. In fact it's the very idea that this is the same circuit used by Gentleman's interested me, as did the fun little battery meter as I said before. In fact, IMO right now, the meter is the best part of the unit. I actually had an idea what I was doing and a plan. I don't agree I tested the wrong thing, quite the opposite, I tested the feature I wanted to, the unit you suggest, while interesting as well, does not have that feature. As I said before, perhaps a project for another day or tester.

FWIW that's not the exact unit I tested, either, but a similar one. I'm confident that's not important to the test.

Thus far, we're in agreement that this unit is not recommended as 'better' for use with Omicrons and it does not have the performance the OP stated by actual measure.

I've no doubt it's a popular e-cig thing, just not all that useful here.

BTW, I think this is also used by another unit (Atmos something?) as it showed me an undocumented function last night, it shifted itself from '4.2' to '3.7' mode on it's own. Vaping suddenly got much worse between hits. I measured the NL output at 3.38 confirming it really was in that mode. IIRC someone reported this 'feature' before, Stu? It's either a problem with mine alone (I doubt) or a problem with the design, if not a big one.

OF

I didn't mean to be telling you what to do, just to point out that a conclusion that the OP's claim of improved performance on a cheap ecig isn't what you actually tested. We seem to agree about the details of most of this - I just want to say that I believe that the OP saw better performance for his use case on his Joyetech power supply and I'm equally sure that the one you got doesn't offer anything other than physical size to the group here (BTW. The twists would be a couple mm longer than a 3-mode at the same battery capacity, the OP's case of an eGo-C non-twist would be _smaller_, it isn't VV, but you can get a battery meter on one).

Also, DubC's comment about a lot of "vape pens" - yea, I'm seeing very cheap "disposable" ones showing up the past few weeks (like $40-50 with a loaded cart). If they work, fine. But I expect that lots of people will try them and then never want to try anything similar again.

-NDA

Nick Again,

OF

I didn't mean to be telling you what to do, just to point out that a conclusion that the OP's claim of improved performance on a cheap ecig isn't what you actually tested.

OK, fine. Again, that's not what I was testing. Not 'cheap e-cig pens' but that specific (magic) function in some of them that let him happily vape at 4.2 Volts while the rest of us were stuck with less. I think I tested that part, what I set out to do. It is not, at that level, a superior unit.

I do not believe I 'tested the wrong one', in fact the one you suggest (while also interesting) would not have been productive to my needs.

In the fun way these things often turn out, my 'standard cart' seems to have taken a dive, it's down to .2 grams and fading out. Switching back to a 'known good' supply tells me it's time to reestablish that if I want to continue qualitative testing, which thus far seems about on par when set on 'full blast'. I'm waiting for the next .5 grams to cool off after loading.......

Edit: BTW, it seems like this circuit has a time out in the 12 or so second range, longer than any of the others I recall, a slight advantage to our use. The lock out seems longer, if only by a bit, so 'chain hitting' is easier until you screw up.

OF

OF,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
@Jam. Thanks for the inspiration. I took the plunge and filled one of my Iso soaked 2.4s. So far it's working great...so far. Thanks again.

I hope it continues to work out for you. I just drained my 2.4 that was soaking, and still need to let it dry out for a bit before I can fill it back up. Still waiting... post more soon. Let us know how yours behaves after using it a bit will ya?

It seems to me, iso soak shouldn't be a problem for the carts unless they already have some kind of issue, or just too much "gunk" built up around the heat coil. I know these are not exactly the same as regular atomizers, but I soaked 510's like crazy, when I was first starting my leg of testing VG/thc juices I was making at the time, that would cook down around the coils, and create a "shell" of gunk that was hard as a rock and damn near impossible to remove. Those parts would hold up to some serious abuse. I know the Omi-carts are not exactly the same, but similar parts, and unless the iso creates some kind of corrosion, or would damage the rubber the seals are made of, which I doubt, then it really shouldn't hurt anything (in theory). So far this remains true, with the first couple of carts I soaked. I imagine though, if the cart is older, and used up enough, it might not do much to prolong its natural life, seeing that all the resins in the oils do eventually cake up around the heat coil, causing it to eventually over heat and fail. That part is hard to avoid. Maybe the iso soak, on a regular basis would help remove some of this?? hard to say for sure, but as a reclaim method, it works great for me. I use 99% iso.

tharealmclovin

Day 1 So far it seems normal. It's a little harsh on the throat, but that may be the oil that was transferred from a burnt out cart.

I also let my cart sit in the ISO for a couple days since I wasn't planning on reusing them. But until D9 gets more 2.4s I'm gonna have to use this one.

Next time I plan in reusing I will just Fo an overnight soak.

tharealmclovin,
OK, fine. Again, that's not what I was testing. Not 'cheap e-cig pens' but that specific (magic) function in some of them that let him happily vape at 4.2 Volts while the rest of us were stuck with less. I think I tested that part, what I set out to do. It is not, at that level, a superior unit.

You should test the Ego Twist ... not the old VV units that only can reach 3.9 when the battery is full.

hippieforever,
Reactions: Egzoset
Top Bottom