Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

wondering if any of you guys have suggestions... i bought a omicron v2 a few months ago and due to money being tight was just barely able to get the oils to use it for the first time. I'm getting very little to no vapor from the thing and no real effect at all. i've tried every suggestion i could find through google on getting the oils to the bottom of the cart etc and nothing has worked. the oil melted very easily in the filler tool, so I don't get how this could be the problem anyway. meh, was way excited to try this out finally too.

vapedbeyondrecognition,

OF

wondering if any of you guys have suggestions... i bought a omicron v2 a few months ago and due to money being tight was just barely able to get the oils to use it for the first time. I'm getting very little to no vapor from the thing and no real effect at all. i've tried every suggestion i could find through google on getting the oils to the bottom of the cart etc and nothing has worked. the oil melted very easily in the filler tool, so I don't get how this could be the problem anyway. meh, was way excited to try this out finally too.

In broad terms if it's feeding oil to a heater that's good and being driven by a power supply at the right level it has to work. Get oil hot enough and vapor happens.

Seems like (at least) one of those things isn't happening. If you're convinced it's not a loading issue (IMO it usually is.....), we're down to a blown heater or bad supply. If the supply seems normal (light works and all) and it gets the cart at least a bit warm I'd say the first place to look is the heater. Understand there are two in there, one heats the supply of oil (the one you feel on the outside of the cart) the other does the vaporization deep inside. If you run that one too long without oil on it it will burn out. This may have happened to you in your efforts? Do you by chance have access to a meter?

OF

OF,

OF

Sorry, duplicate post.....

Seems the server doesn't like me today. It's no doubt not alone.

OF

OF,
Sorry, duplicate post.....

Seems the server doesn't like me today. It's no doubt not alone.

OF

the amount of priming it takes to get the smallest bit of vapor seems too long and the outside of the cart does eventually get warm. the oil melted easily in the fill tool so i'm having a hard time thinking it didn't reach the heater. and i followed the filling directions correctly, but i guess anything is possible though. i don't have a meter either =/ thanks for trying to help!

vapedbeyondrecognition,

OF

the amount of priming it takes to get the smallest bit of vapor seems too long and the outside of the cart does eventually get warm. the oil melted easily in the fill tool so i'm having a hard time thinking it didn't reach the heater. and i followed the filling directions correctly, but i guess anything is possible though. i don't have a meter either =/ thanks for trying to help!

Actually, I'm not having trouble with the idea the load went bad. It's very common problem for early users. What happens is you get the oil just hot enough to flow and it drains down and hits cold metal below and 'clots' right there. If the oil is thick enough to not flow well at room temperature, there it sits with an air bubble trapped under it. Every little bit that does make it down low enough get's preheated, fed and vaped away, but the bubble still is there.

The trick is to preheat the cart body below the fill tool and above the seals first then quickly heat the oil. Done right you can actually feel the hot oil slide down and heat the bottom under your fingers. Once this happens it generally feed just fine. But once 'vapor locked', you're screwed until you melt it down further.

The problem is there's seals down there that don't take heat well at all. You can quickly turn a non feeder into a working but chronic leaker. Not a good exchange IMO. You can also 'cook the oil' too much if you're not careful. Your call, you can try to fix it or melt out what you can and start over if this is what's up (and I think it is?).

If you're brave enough, here's what I do (I've suggested this many times here, thus far I think it's always worked??):
Hold the cart in one hand by the bottom and rotate it back and forth while you carefully heat the center section with a lighter. Don't let the bottom third get too hot to comfortably hang onto while keeping the center third as hot as you can. Keep working on it from all sides. Stainless conducts heat poorly, heat doesn't flow down very well at all. If it starts getting too hot, let it all cool and start over. Stop from time to time and give it another try.

Be sure to let it rest 'standing up'.

Some guys have good luck with inspecting from the top with a good light, I've never got much help that way. The air gap can be pretty small in volume, it's narrow in there.

If you get any vapor at all, the center heater is working. Don't run it more than say five seconds without good production. Once it 'burps' the bubble out, it'll sort itself out with the internal heater.

Good luck.

OF

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Ok, I feel my original 2.4 cart is low enough now to do a reclaim iso soak... I'll dunk it over night, dry it out tomorrow, and give it a fresh load... see how it goes. This is one of the carts that went out in Jan, so I don't know which run it's from. No print on the outside. Got it from PV. Mild use on it.

tharealmclovin

Ok, I feel my original 2.4 cart is low enough now to do a reclaim iso soak... I'll dunk it over night, dry it out tomorrow, and give it a fresh load... see how it goes. This is one of the carts that went out in Jan, so I don't know which run it's from. No print on the outside. Got it from PV. Mild use on it.

I iso soaked a few just to reclaim for baking. I'm still questionable about loading them up though. Let me know how that goes for you. I know it's been done before but idk.

tharealmclovin,
Reactions: OF

OF

Jam, at the risk of repeating myself, you're in inspiration to us all! We could sure use a few more like you.....

You'll excuse me if I stand by and let you take the risks here?

Happy Fourth, Lady. Stay safe.

OF

TracyLee

I'm back! Thinking about upgrading my Omicron for the new football season coming up...lol. Seen a model at Canna Culture (my local shop) and wondering if I should wait a little longer and getting caught up on the new stuff coming out. I guess I want to stay with the cartridge size I bought last year since I still have some empty ones waiting for some yummies. I have Pure Gold I'm saving for the start of football season :-)

Happy 4th!

Tracy

TracyLee,

OF

I'm back! Thinking about upgrading my Omicron for the new football season coming up...lol. Seen a model at Canna Culture (my local shop) and wondering if I should wait a little longer and getting caught up on the new stuff coming out.

Happy 4th!

Welcome back to the fun, lots happening of late. Yes, I'd advise holding off a bit while stuff settles out. As I understand it right now the 'hot ticket' is the new V2.5 head, change to IMR 14500 battery and use either a (15mm) spacer or the THC spring from the now suspended (?) HVD kit to make up for the shorter battery. Other exciting stuff in the wings, G is turning the crank for all he's worth (or rather getting his guys to we hope?).

One option you might be very interested in is the mini V2 (came out with the HVD) which uses the much shorter 14250 battery and does surprisingly well for such a small package IMO.

Great stuff now, better just ahead.

OF

OF,

Zingbuddah

Vaporologist
G,

I know you are limiting your product line regarding ecig parts but is there any plan to sell the carts for the Ego-W?

Just asking before I pull the trigger on another site.

***To the Group***

Does anyone have any experience with doing mass fills of carts? (without G's freaking awesome machine)

I'm looking to start offering my oils in pre-loaded carts and wondered if anyone else had experience with assembly line fill techniques.

Thanks,
Z

Zingbuddah,

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
G,

I know you are limiting your product line regarding ecig parts but is there any plan to sell the carts for the Ego-W?

Just asking before I pull the trigger on another site.

***To the Group***

Does anyone have any experience with doing mass fills of carts? (without G's freaking awesome machine)

I'm looking to start offering my oils in pre-loaded carts and wondered if anyone else had experience with assembly line fill techniques.

Thanks,
Z

Are you talking about making the Ego-W carts available for the Omicron? If so, Delta9 already offers them on their site for $10 bucks (includes the adapter) and the wicks are glycerin-free. I use one for more of a load as you go style until things such as the Nail Cart and Universe are available.

kindbeats,

OF

well if you guys havent noticed, the thing for me is that im trying to be considerate of less tech savvy patients, like i said, old ladies in pain and such... and im trying to limit the nunber of calls and issues i have to deal with in relation to recommending a product for sale to patients that you then have to offer CS on...
i am learning the finer points of bho and purging(thanks to this site) so that i can be sure of no residual solvents in bho and recommend that as well to patients, which i know does work better in the omi carts, but that doesnt change the fact that im trying to use oils that are knows to have issues with omi carts... i get it... and why im still here is because im actually still excited as well to see pyrex/ss tanks and such that can work with the thin stuff, and i hope that eventually the battery and hvd issues will work out, so i honestly hope to be able to use and recommend the omi in the near future...
ultimately that is why i am concerned about this product and voicing my criticisms

You know, Rusty, I've been giving this a bit of thought. I see, I think, the idea. You want as simple, trouble free system for THC delivery for 'non enthusiasts'. Basic Medical Users. Tough project, even though there's a clear demand and a lot of work being done, there's still no clear, flexible solution known. All have problems, some more than others.

Against that we have some tools to work with. I believe that given appropriate concentrates the Omicron carts will deliver trouble free service over a reasonable life span. Not an easy task, of course, but I have personal experience with at least 2 such concentrates amongst the few dozen I've tried that seem to fit this model. Both are thick at room temperature. One a wax (but looks more like oil to me once melted the first time....), the other a CO2 oil. Both fairly light in color and high in THC. I think those are clues. We know 'pure THC' (or nearly so like PG) doesn't feed well (fast and leaks) but it is a thin oil. I think it's some of the residual components that make the oils feed well, much like the additives in motor oil fight thinning? Let's assume for a moment your skills at refining continue growing and you ultimately 'crack the code' for an oil that will work? This, I think, would 'turn the trick' even if only over a narrow temperature and delivery range. Your target users can, I think, be expected to be able to deal with 'use at room temperature'?

This brings us to hardware. I'm not convinced V2 or Persei are the way to go here. I think we want something rock simple and low cost (so we can realistically provide a back up set). I'm thinking along the lines of the e-cig supplies that use 18650s or 18350s and have only a single function with time out. Like these:
http://www.litecigusa.net/Joye_ego_t_Mod_Battery_p/ego-tmodbatt.htm

They'd need a battery and adapter as well of course, but that's like $35 for a complete back up unit. Any issues, including the battery going dead and needing a recharge, and the patient could simply swap the cart over. A ten dollar cart with oil would of course give full redundancy.

Anyway, that's the sort of thinking I've been doing on the topic. I think the Omicron carts (at modest levels) can be made to work well with the right concentrates. Not that getting that to happen is at all simple of course. I know a couple that will do so and am very interested in other Member's experiences and opinions in the area.

Regards.

OF

Dgtheonlyg

I understand you and we are working hard at trying to resolve all issues with our cartridge.

but you have to understand that with so many different variations of oils, and so many variations of users nothing is going to be perfect.

We are currently testing the leak proof carts and are not ready to release it, there is so many things to take into consideration and plan for, if we do the perfect cart its going to cost more then $200 because of the technology that is used.

With our Hercules cartridges It solves the issue on viscous oils, but then again the thicker oils are not perfect on it, so we are working. I would like to say its easier to take technology off the shelf and do all sorts of claims then later to find out people where lied to and over charged for the same thing that exists in another market, then to build something from the ground up. We rather take the challenge and do it from the ground up then be caught dead with rebranded bs.

If the CE4 works for you thats great, we will have these for ecig use if the next month, but we wont claim them for oils, like we did with the ego-w.

Now the tanks on the other hand the SS tank is for dual purpose. Specs on it will be released soon as we finish testing them out.
that price is respectable because a piece is about 200$ or so. This cartridge is considered like the universe how its not disposable and meant to last and thats what I've really wanted because the price of how many cartridges i have bought over my omi owning lifetime is well over 200$ lol

This brings us to hardware. I'm not convinced V2 or Persei are the way to go here. I think we want something rock simple and low cost (so we can realistically provide a back up set). I'm thinking along the lines of the e-cig supplies that use 18650s or 18350s and have only a single function with time out. Like these:
http://www.litecigusa.net/Joye_ego_t_Mod_Battery_p/ego-tmodbatt.htm
You mean like this (with the cone removed)
28ai91d.jpg

-NDA

Edit:: The adapter and cart aren't screwed down - This bat is my DART backup normally (and convienently the DART body is normally flush with the cone top rim (a Joyetech atty cone). The other problem without a D9 kit is the fill tool, but the frosting tips still work. As to oils, I find with high quality oils I can just put the vial in the fill tube and wait 2 or 3 days - No heat and no more ruined seals, but I keep 3 or 4 carts active in rotation. High THC (vs. THC-A) oils often leak. Waxes need heating, so I've used a micro-Weller, but oils usually cost less (though the chance of getting short weight on oils seems greater than with more solid waxes).

Nick Again,
Reactions: OF

Zingbuddah

Vaporologist
Are you talking about making the Ego-W carts available for the Omicron? If so, Delta9 already offers them on their site for $10 bucks (includes the adapter) and the wicks are glycerin-free. I use one for more of a load as you go style until things such as the Nail Cart and Universe are available.

Nah, the actual cartridge portion (white plastic portion) of the Ego-W is meant to be a replaceable part. There are a few ecig sites that carry 5-packs or SR/LR options and I was curious if that would be on the menu as a small part order at Delta9. Saves me a bit on shipping since I'm looking at picking up a few items plus I like to give away my money...

-Z

Zingbuddah,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Nah, the actual cartridge portion (white plastic portion) of the Ego-W is meant to be a replaceable part. There are a few ecig sites that carry 5-packs or SR/LR options and I was curious if that would be on the menu as a small part order at Delta9. Saves me a bit on shipping since I'm looking at picking up a few items plus I like to give away my money...

-Z

Im lost, what is it that you wanted to accomplish?

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

You mean like this (with the cone removed)

Edit:: The adapter and cart aren't screwed down - This bat is my DART backup normally (and convienently the DART body is normally flush with the cone top rim (a Joyetech atty cone). The other problem without a D9 kit is the fill tool, but the frosting tips still work. As to oils, I find with high quality oils I can just put the vial in the fill tube and wait 2 or 3 days - No heat and no more ruined seals, but I keep 3 or 4 carts active in rotation. High THC (vs. THC-A) oils often leak. Waxes need heating, so I've used a micro-Weller, but oils usually cost less (though the chance of getting short weight on oils seems greater than with more solid waxes).

Yup, that looks like it, although mine is a different brand. Cheap, up to this job, and rock simple. Nearly as foolproof as the TV supplies but using a more practical battery.

Thanks for the extract observations, they fit well with mine.

Even though I own several of the official fill tools and have even used one lately to fill PG in the 'drain the little vial' fashion you describe (it's available at a local Dispensary in tiny cork capped vials that rest on the bridge) I still prefer the frosting tip since it conducts heat far better giving more control. I modified mine by rolling it over the round shaft of a screwdriver flaring the last 1/8 inch or so parallel for a 'slip fit' inside the cart tube. The material forms easily as you might imagine. A 1/4 long end of a toothpick plugs the flue tube in the center. 'Works a treat' as the Brits say. I've used it all but 2 or 3 times and plan to continue to do so. It's waiting in it's little bag with the toothpick for next time.....

Thanks again.

OF

danke for the suggestions Herr OF :)

the ecig base you linked to looks promising, and looks like it will take ce4's as well as the omi carts, so great!!

now, i just received a g. of this new stuff called air-wax that just used o2 for extraction...
anybody heard of this stuff?? pure as fuck, hard like shatter almost until heated, but kinda crumbly,
and very tasty/potent, im thinking its perfect for omi carts.
dont know a damn thing about the o2 extraction though...

rusty shacklford,

OF

danke for the suggestions Herr OF :)

the ecig base you linked to looks promising, and looks like it will take ce4's as well as the omi carts, so great!!

now, i just received a g. of this new stuff called air-wax that just used o2 for extraction...
anybody heard of this stuff?? pure as fuck, hard like shatter almost until heated, but kinda crumbly,
and very tasty/potent, im thinking its perfect for omi carts.
dont know a damn thing about the o2 extraction though...

Great news! I've used O2 and N2 extracted stuff, great indeed in the ones I had. Wish I had more. Tasty too. Lighter in color than many. My understanding is there's a lot of pressure involved in the process, not at all simple like the more common solvents. One thing sure, purging can go to the bottom of the concerns list.

Those little supplies are great IMO. I keep mine in a little zip up camera case with a cart in a 'doob tube'. Makes a great 'field emergency kit'. The battery is good for LOTS of hits, something over an hour total IIRC. This is the case:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001V9KG0I/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&redirect=true

Fits in a pants pocket just fine.

You're very welcome, of course, hope it aids in your Holy Quest.....

OF

OF

Gentle readers,

No doubt some will recall the 'spirited' discussions several days back to the effect we were all to stupid to just buy the obviously superior Ego Variable Voltage unit for $20 or so rather than our overpriced THC units?

You know, the one that lets the user select 3.2, 3.7 or 4.2 Volts at will by 5 quick button presses and get a light color change back? We were 'missing out' on higher performance for a lower cost....

no o-pos for me, I'm done.... I have over $200 in omicron tops, tubes, and caps. And still waiting on the small one for hvd
they are all weak compared to the hits you get at 4.2 with the $20piece of chinese crap. Not to mention no pocket scares, built in time out, PASSTHROUGH, working lock mode, variable voltage by button click/not fussing with batteries and spacers to get the desired voltage, and its usb charged.

Well, as I said at the time, I ordered one from LiteCig USA, it just got here (first class mail, very quick), charged and ready to go. It changes ranges easily and quickly as described and it looks neat and all (a little long for the capacity) but I thought you might be interested in the 'improved performance', this will what seems a fully charged battery. Open circuit (no cart) the outputs are not exactly 3.2, 3.7 and 4.2. They're actually 2.96, 3.50 and 4.01. Put a 2.4 Ohm cart on for a load and you get: 2.65, 3.16 and 3.62. Yes, 3.62 out under a modest load. Not quite 4.2. Scares me to think what a 1.5 Ohm cart might do, I'll save that adventure until later.

Needless to say, even at 'full blast' this guy is underpowered by actual objective measurement against HVD. I suspect a bit of use will make it lower since it's got a small Li-ion battery inside, not IMR, but we'll have to wait to see that.

More later, but as of now my advice is "save your money".

OF

tharealmclovin

Gentle readers,

No doubt some will recall the 'spirited' discussions several days back to the effect we were all to stupid to just buy the obviously superior Ego Variable Voltage unit for $20 or so rather than our overpriced THC units?

You know, the one that lets the user select 3.2, 3.7 or 4.2 Volts at will buy 5 quick button presses and get a light color change back? We were 'missing out' on higher performance for a lower cost....

Well, as I said at the time, I ordered one from LiteCig USA, it just got here (first class mail, very quick), charged and ready to go. It changes ranges easily and quickly as described and it looks neat and all (a little long for the capacity) but I thought you might be interested in the 'improved performance', this will what seems a fully charged battery. Open circuit (no cart) the outputs are not exactly 3.2, 3.7 and 4.2. They're actually 2.96, 3.50 and 4.01. Put a 2.4 Ohm cart on for a load and you get: 2.65, 3.16 and 3.62. Yes, 3.62 out under a modest load. Not quite 4.2. Scares me to think what a 1.5 Ohm cart might do, I'll save that adventure until later.

Needless to say, even at 'full blast' this guy is underpowered by actual objective measurement against HVD. I suspect a bit of use will make it lower since it's got a small Li-ion battery inside, not IMR, but we'll have to wait to see that.

More later, but as of now my advice is "save your money".

OF

I think we all thank you for your scientific data. I'll stick with my V2.

OF

I think we all thank you for your scientific data. I'll stick with my V2.

You're (collectively) welcome, glad to help folks sort through this good stuff when I can. For sure I'm paying back some most welcome help that's come my way over the years.....feels good.

Thanks.

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
You're (collectively) welcome, glad to help folks sort through this good stuff when I can. For sure I'm paying back some most welcome help that's come my way over the years.....feels good.

Thanks.

OF

Grass is always greener on the other side until you live there, then realize its astroturf.

ok so here is a update, i have in my hands worlds first and i do mean worlds first.

Cart that is designed for runny oils. No its not a ecig cart, no its not a rebranded bs. It is a variation of our cartridge that we are currently testing.

Just put in .5 grams of Gold oil and we are letting it rip without cool downs between them.

Im on Skype if anyone wants to see it in action.

ok update.

2 min non stop use and i do mean none stop burned my lips a few times. Now letting it cool down. Lets see if it leaks.

Slight clog, but testing continues.

No leaks. One small clog but easily popped.

another 2 minutes none stop use, now letting it cool down again.

initial test.

Out of gold.

Slight clog nothing hard small suction clears it instantly. No leaks still.

On to next test. Load 1 gram in it. And run it for 2 minutes and let it sit and see if it leaks. Then run it again for 2 minutes and see if it leaks. There will be 1 minute cool down between 2 minute runs.

BTW clog appears to be result of inhaling to fast.

Oh and this cartridge design is different.

VAPORIZER22

Thanks for all the updates THC, got to get home and jump on Skype to check it out. What set up are you using to run the cart?

VAPORIZER22,
Top Bottom