Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

vishus650

This upgrade will allow you to use 7.4v on your omicron, and also turn the Omicron into a mini unit. This is not a standalone unit; it requires the bottom cap of the original V2 to operate in mini mode.

The HVD Top is a click on click off top.

these are the new words added to the hvd upgrade. or at least i dont remember them being present before. this SHOULD have been done before we were able to purchase, so there wouldn't a misunderstanding.

and i see you guys removed a couple words also.
  • 1 x Bottom cap for 7.4v
when before (when i and many others purchased) it said 1 x Bottom cap for 7.4v as well as 3.7v mini

giving us the understanding that the bottom cap coming with the hvd upgrade would allow us to run 3.7v, exactly as it stated.

which is in no way true at all. because the only use for the new bottom cap is for the 7.4v, which you guys have corrected, but many people still bought the unit with the thought the bottom cap would work with the 3.7v mini.

im going to dsb some of this girl scout cookies i got. have s happy fathers day everybody, and im sure G will get the issues resolved in a timely matter

OF

this SHOULD have been done before we were able to purchase, so there wouldn't a misunderstanding.

I don't think anyone disagrees with you there. But it happened.

And THC responded with the corrections within hours of it's discovery, on a Sunday and Father's day to boot. We got the man's attention. Hard to ask for more than that by way of immediate response. Let's see what 'recovery II' brings?

Misunderstanding will happen, the key is how we respond to them I think.

OF

I already fired 1 engineer OF and we will not have anymore issues, I will make it right for people who are effected with the bad bottom caps.

of course your still going to have issues...
your a manu, and thats part of the territory.
the only real thing is how you deal with those issues and the effected customers.
and hats off to you for being accessible here and having good CS,
but honestly, you cant blame it all on one engineer and just say he's gone problem solved...
280 pages of issues and experiences here tells me its bigger than one engineer.
if you guys would just stop patting yourselves on the back for being innovaters and
focus on making your products the absolute best they can be, BEFORE YOU RELEASE THEM,
i think your lives would be easier.
also, your releasing all this new stuff, but where is the non leak/clog cart??
i would think its more important to live up to what you promise to deliver with your current products instead of releasing new ones.

rusty shacklford,

Makavapei

This upgrade will allow you to use 7.4v on your omicron, and also turn the Omicron into a mini unit. This is not a standalone unit; it requires the bottom cap of the original V2 to operate in mini mode.

The HVD Top is a click on click off top.

these are the new words added to the hvd upgrade. or at least i dont remember them being present before. this SHOULD have been done before we were able to purchase, so there wouldn't a misunderstanding.

and i see you guys removed a couple words also.
  • 1 x Bottom cap for 7.4v
when before (when i and many others purchased) it said 1 x Bottom cap for 7.4v as well as 3.7v mini

giving us the understanding that the bottom cap coming with the hvd upgrade would allow us to run 3.7v, exactly as it stated.

which is in no way true at all. because the only use for the new bottom cap is for the 7.4v, which you guys have corrected, but many people still bought the unit with the thought the bottom cap would work with the 3.7v mini.

im going to dsb some of this girl scout cookies i got. have s happy fathers day everybody, and im sure G will get the issues resolved in a timely matter
I agree with what this guy said, I for one feel very strongly like I got had. I have the V2 and like the option of going big, but the main reason I got the hvd was to have 2 3.7 units available.

Makavapei,
Reactions: vishus650

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Guys I stated that we will have the none hvd tops available without the 3.7v regulation. That top is the upgraded waterproof and durable top.

The HVD is a upgrade not a stand alone unit, that was said before. That is why it's under the upgrade section and not the vaporizer section. You needed te original V2 to use the mini mode.

As for caps not fitting we did not have this issue in testing and final check.

Click on/off feature was added because when we introduce the pass through people can use the hammer on it.

Once again OF If someone forgets to press the brake on the vehicle and gets into a accident is it the manufacturers fault for not installing brakes that press itself?

I will be back tomorrow to address all issues. I understand everyone's confusion. Let's talk tomorrow.

G

Thats a lame response. I feel cheated. I'm with OF. I just wanted a V2 that worked. now your fixing that issue and giving me an off/on button that I guarantee will get left on and cause some kind of mess.

EDIT: I'll call you on monday and we can work this out.

ru_frothi,

GReYAReA

Amid The Vapors...
I just want to add in a comment; I too purchased expecting I'd be able to run two units at 3.7 (full and mini). This seemed to be the consensus reading the descriptions and thread.

However, I don't feel cheated. This was just a case of confusion. D9 will make this right and keep their fans happy. It doesn't cost them much to sell or send out a few tops; and they have a long history of supporting their base..

Let's all enjoy our father's day, vape some oil, and chillax. It'll get worked out next week.

Evry1concentrate

It's 7:10, maryjane you better concentrate.
I don't think anyone disagrees with you there. But it happened.

And THC responded with the corrections within hours of it's discovery, on a Sunday and Father's day to boot. We got the man's attention. Hard to ask for more than that by way of immediate response. Let's see what 'recovery II' brings?

Misunderstanding will happen, the key is how we respond to them I think.

OF
"We control nothing in this world. Except for our reaction to it." Good looking out to the man for getting back to us so fast !!! I'm sure this is all new to you also, we all have a learning curve all the time !! Happy fathers day if you are. Hear from you soon.

OF

Anyone?

Where can I buy 14250 rechargeables?

It should, I'll know tomorrow when I get mine, lots of 14500s to try. A long while back I requested a shorter tube for just this, we got the really short one for 14250s instead so I assume this was considered 'done' with the longer cap. Would have been better shorter overall of course, but more expensive to provide?

Madvapes sells 'em.

OF

Evry1concentrate

It's 7:10, maryjane you better concentrate.
I gotta be honest, i am super used to the v2. My psychiatrist lets me use it in his office. Today was my first day without it, at the fathers day picnic back home, which was great because my family is everything to me. But it was kinda tough. I had to leave my meds home. I dont puff flowers, it has a completely different effect on me, im figuring its something to with the, up to 76% plant matter. Definitely gotta look into something OF for these situations, im pretty sure you had mentioned something back a few pages ? I dont feel like packing up the toro and the torch, not so inconspicuous. And i moved away from home for a reason, so being there alone can be tough sometimes.

Evry1concentrate,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

MaxVapor

The Professor
" sweet, I'll use the HDV as a mini in the mean time, looking forward to it." Jambandphan03.

I understand its an upgrade, but your posts and the actual website listing kinda makes a guy think otherwise.

Edit:+1 on OF saying we don't expect father day help from ya man, enjoy your day, we all get back to the grind tomorrow, but not today.

I gotta add, that post from THC is what convinced me to get the HVD. Based on past experiences I believe G will make it right.

Happy Father's Day to all the Pops out there in Omiland! I know my Omi added to enjoying the day.

jpdnkstr

It should, I'll know tomorrow when I get mine, lots of 14500s to try. A long while back I requested a shorter tube for just this, we got the really short one for 14250s instead so I assume this was considered 'done' with the longer cap. Would have been better shorter overall of course, but more expensive to provide?

Madvapes sells 'em.

OF
Thanks OF, I knew you would answer that.

jpdnkstr,

OF

Definitely gotta look into something OF for these situations, im pretty sure you had mentioned something back a few pages ?

Hard to say for sure, I ramble a bit, but I think I suggested the DART by TV as another oil vape to consider as a backup. It's a 'load as you go' deal, you load a dab at a time and pull it out over half a dozen or so hits. It's a bit smaller than an Omicron cart and can be run on the same power supply with an adapter (or you can run Omicron carts on the TV supply with a different adapter). The thread for this guy is combined with the similar Revolution which is basically the same thing better optimized for oils rather than including bubble, kief and the rest of the concentrates:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/thermovape-revolution-for-concentrates.4927/page-73

Also an excellent machine with a strong following of happy owners. IMO a guy should consider both. THC also has some interesting stuff in process that should interest you as well. Their 'Universe', for instance, is the unregulated heater from their upcoming 8 vape, which has done a good job on oils in testing. We're probably a few months out on that one?

OF

ekulaj

So I got a sticky wax, similar in consistency to silly puddy as my first fill, and I can rarely get vapor to come out. When I do, it's usually after minutes of inhaling and getting it to work. Is this normal under any circumstances?

ekulaj,

OF

thats what happened to me too! I'm surprised it wasn't just sent straight to my house lol

Mine's at the PO too. It came here today, but needed me to sign for it so now I've got to go down and stand in that GD line to sign in front of them. Why? THC has my money, and has had it for a while in this case, seems to me 'delivery confirmation' would cover them just as well but wouldn't delay or inconvenience on this end.

And I guess I get to pay the extra shipping costs as well? Ownership of the gored ox is evident.

Be less grating if the box contained what I wanted in the first place, but I now know otherwise. I just hope the line isn't typically long.... In the end I'm sure it'll be OK, but I sense a few bumps in the road ahead.

OF

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Mine's at the PO too. It came here today, but needed me to sign for it so now I've got to go down and stand in that GD line to sign in front of them. Why? THC has my money, and has had it for a while in this case, seems to me 'delivery confirmation' would cover them just as well but wouldn't delay or inconvenience on this end.

And I guess I get to pay the extra shipping costs as well? Ownership of the gored ox is evident.

Be less grating if the box contained what I wanted in the first place, but I now know otherwise. I just hope the line isn't typically long.... In the end I'm sure it'll be OK, but I sense a few bumps in the road ahead.

OF
too many people were claiming to not receive packages so they had to go for signatures. iirc, shipping costs are the same as before they were doing this. so as much as you hate the PO, you might want to take a breath on that, imo. as someone who has ebayed and sent people a few things here, i do the same thing and the sig costs me $2 per item. understand frustration due to it being unusable right now anyway, but shouldn't that also kinda do the opposite. as you can't use it, why be in a rush to get it. far be it from me to let some one get their anger out tho. i DO have a v2 (or did) and while my hvd is usable, my much more expensive v2 is toast as is my other HVD top. not trying to thro a bigger pity party, just sympathizing. hopefully this will all be a memory be the time the Persei surprise comes at the end of the month

Bob Loblaw,

OF

So I got a sticky wax, similar in consistency to silly puddy as my first fill, and I can rarely get vapor to come out. When I do, it's usually after minutes of inhaling and getting it to work. Is this normal under any circumstances?

Yes, pretty typical for a botched load. No offense, but that's probably where the problem came in.
Typically, the just melted concentrate hits cold metal (not preheated) and 'clots' there with an air bubble under it. Being too solid to flow down, there it stays not reaching the wicks to feed.

We go through this a lot. If you do a search on "melt it down" posts by me on this thread you'll get 3 pages of it. Please excuse me if I don't go through it again?

Try the first listing from that search (a couple of weeks back):
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/omicron-vaporizer-for-oils.4301/page-261#post-231816

Be careful, and good luck.

OF

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
But whats the problem with the kits now =/ Will i be sending this back for fixing or something or a fix upgrade or no ?
they can only be used in conjunction w/ a v2. some of the chrome tops don't thread correctly. be careful when screwing on and if you meet resistance. stop and open a ticket. other complaints have been in regards to the on/off button no longer needing to be held, but pushed on or off instead.

p.s. the three flashes isn't a drop protection. it is a contact w/ good battery notification. sorry for b4

ekulaj

Yes, pretty typical for a botched load. No offense, but that's probably where the problem came in.
Typically, the just melted concentrate hits cold metal (not preheated) and 'clots' there with an air bubble under it. Being too solid to flow down, there it stays not reaching the wicks to feed.

We go through this a lot. If you do a search on "melt it down" posts by me on this thread you'll get 3 pages of it. Please excuse me if I don't go through it again?

Try the first listing from that search (a couple of weeks back):
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/omicron-vaporizer-for-oils.4301/page-261#post-231816

Be careful, and good luck.

OF
Thank you. Unfortunately, my battery just died so I can't see if this worked. My spare battery never got any energy from my last charge! They seem to die pretty often, way less than a hundred hits, but that's probably because I've turned it on so many times, probably for too long each time, without getting a hit... I can't say I'm too happy with my purchase so far. Hopefully this helps though!

ekulaj,

ilovedoobies!

they can only be used in conjunction w/ a v2. some of the chrome tops don't thread correctly. be careful when screwing on and if you meet resistance. stop and open a ticket. other complaints have been in regards to the on/off button no longer needing to be held, but pushed on or off instead.

p.s. the three flashes isn't a drop protection. it is a contact w/ good battery notification. sorry for b4

Well i have the black v2 and ordered the chrome HVD for some flavor with color schemes but so i will be fine then ?

and i knew the 3 flash thing indicated that thats when the battery connection is made with a good battery sense thats how the v2 is

ilovedoobies!,
Top Bottom