Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
We have thought about the single cart loader, and have prototypes of it, just costs to much to produce. We are still working on this but is on the back burner for now.

In this I agree with OF. I started with a basic V2 and 2.4 before my Persei arrived and figured out the quirks of the oils, quantities, draw, etc on 2.4's before my 5's and 1.5's arrived. Since I have decided to run my V2 unmodified (no upgrade) because I have zero issues on partially filled 1.5's kicking out great vape on my V2. On my Persei I run it at 3.7 and feed it 2.4's, my 2.4's have had different kinds of concentrates including some black 'tar' oil that worked but did result in more issues. My BHO in the 2.4 I filled with 1 gram exactly. She hits well but I always have to do a little unclog clean at the bottom of the cart with a pin before I can prime and pull the block through. From that point she hits like a champ until I'm done. No leaking from the bottom, and I pull to cool but after 12 hours it's still plugged again. I suspect overfill as the problem.. Like I stated before my sweet spot seems to be just over the half gram mark with .2 being danger low. Of the 13 carts I have only 2 are in the discard pile. My first 5 ohm I burned out oxidising and a 2.4 that gave up on it's 2nd load of black tar.

I will admit I'm excited about the new Herc carts! I was really excited about a cart loader until I read that it's for doing 100 carts at a time (looks at his 11 carts) will there be a single cart version? I have a fantasy about a single cart loader.. Build a scale into it! Plug a funnel on a cart, screw cart into loader, turn on preheat and check the weight.. drop a glob of oil in and watch if melt down while keeping a eye on the weight.. then while you wait for the oil to melt down the stripper comes in.. (My kit will have to be the one with the stripper included - I'll pay for the extra shipping).

Right now I load fairly easy using a 'mounting block' I made years back for something else. The carts fit in though and it works. Here's a pic of the family, the V2 with it's 1.5, the Persei with the 2.4 and my version of the clear mouth piece and the mounting block (cart and funnel added for effect).
familyft.jpg

Cheers!

Indy.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Jhonny

to prevent burning the wick you should pre weigh ur cart never let it go under .2 over the starting weight. to prevent leaks and clogs never fill more than .7 over starting weight. taste will diminish with use.

Thanks for the tips Bob!

At the moment my cartridge is working very well, just waiting for the better taste :)

Now I'm still stuck between which portable vape would be the best to purchase, the omicron or the persei, could someone possibly list some pros vs cons on both devices? And how close is the 8 attachment to release?

L337Zombie,
I have done my research, I was merely curious of your guy's personal opinion of both models and which you prefer and why.

L337Zombie,

jpdnkstr

I have done my research, I was merely curious of your guy's personal opinion of both models and which you prefer and why.
Omicron for discreet public use(Persei can accomplish this as well), Persei for EVERYTHING ELSE!, I own Persei, Omicron v1 x 2, Omicron v2, HVD upgrade ordered, along with the breast cancer limited edition Omi, so my wife will keep her hands of my stuff!(not that this is a problem!) If you can only afford 1 I would buy the Persei because of the attachments available(more to come!), but if discretion is your main concern, go with the Omi.

DubCRider

Persei is a portable dabber and Omicron is the public puffer. I choose Persei because I like to dab and have a strong tolerance.

DubCRider,

shortwind

Hi. I have an Omnicron V2 and when I used it yesterday I noticed the oil bubbling up to the top of the mouthpiece. I think I may have even inhaled a bit of hot oil ..... Is it supposed to do that...and if not, how do I prevent it from bubbling up to top of cart (mouthpiece area)? I am using a 1.5 cartridge and BHO...The cart is new and recently loaded with the BHO...I've inhaled from this one on about 4 or 5 occasions with the current load of BHO.
Thanks!

shortwind,

JoeKickass

For high power carts or carts with leaky oil I find the white mouthpiece that comes with the carts works best. It lets the oil reflow back into the cart and if you tilt it when a blob comes out you can get it all flowing back in the same side.

The internal mouthpieces work best with brand new 2.4 ohm carts and wax or something less leaky, but they're still going to get gummed up eventually.

Blue Dream

Hi. I have an Omnicron V2 and when I used it yesterday I noticed the oil bubbling up to the top of the mouthpiece. I think I may have even inhaled a bit of hot oil ..... Is it supposed to do that...and if not, how do I prevent it from bubbling up to top of cart (mouthpiece area)? I am using a 1.5 cartridge and BHO...The cart is new and recently loaded with the BHO...I've inhaled from this one on about 4 or 5 occasions with the current load of BHO.
Thanks!
How much BHO did you use to fill the cart.?

Blue Dream,

OF

For high power carts or carts with leaky oil I find the white mouthpiece that comes with the carts works best. It lets the oil reflow back into the cart and if you tilt it when a blob comes out you can get it all flowing back in the same side.

The internal mouthpieces work best with brand new 2.4 ohm carts and wax or something less leaky, but they're still going to get gummed up eventually.

Once again, JKA has nailed it. Use the white mouthpiece until you've got it sorted out.

I'll also repeat my opinion that guys should learn how to deal with the device with the 2.4 Ohm carts on 3.7 Volts. They are much more tolerant and you 'get into trouble' slower and it's easier to recover. When you've got the basic skills down then go for the 'big clouds' and high power carts. IMO this issue (actually a couple probably) should not have come up on 1.5 Ohm carts because the OP would have learned all about it before graduating to higher powers.

I know that's not a popular idea, but there it is.

OF

GR

How much BHO did you use to fill the cart.?

+1

Loading a max of .7g is what I find works best, .5g is my normal for a fresh cart with a follow up of .5g added when the cart gets down to .2-.3g, repeat until annoying clogs come and it's time to use a fresh cart. This method allows me to get a minimum of 2g of BHO oil through a cart, I have gone through as much as 5g in a cart but find the flavor deteriates after 3G.

Question @THC. Are the pink Brest cancer V2.5s also the full voltage tops? I have a patient that would probably choose this color. Second question, will the other colors become available around the same release date?

GR,

GR

No need to discard a cart so fast. 99 iso reclaim works great, makes the cart feel brand new IMO
I did stop throwing carts away so I have around 15 or more waiting on confirmation of a good clean. To be honest I am happy to get 2g through a cart for the $12.50 each investment for a five pack shipped but I hate to waste and if I could get as good as new flavor I will find the time for the effort.

shortwind

Hi: Thanks for the feedback. What white mouthpiece??? I never received a white mouthpiece. I have a metal one that I keep on the cartridge...and the stuff bubbled to the top of that. I have a white plastic cap to cover it that I received with it. And I have some white o-ring items that I have no idea what to do with...is a white o-ring the "white mouthpiece"? By the way, when not in use, I store the cartridge in a small blue plastic container that resembles a small marker pen...I got this at a local "tobacco" store which sells lots of items such as bongs, pipes, etc. Fits the cartridge perfectly.

shortwind,

GR

The white, or silicon mouth pieces come with new carts when I order them direct, the other mouth pieces give me problems and I no longer use them.

GR,
I am currently using the Omicron v2 at 3.5v w/ 1.5ohm cartridges to vaporize waxes. The medicative effect is too weak for my liking.

Here is my question regarding the HVD upgrade: does the jump from 3.5v to 7v raise the temperature of the heating element? Thus moving the device from vaporization to combustion and (hopefully) getting a stronger medicative effect.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

alwaysgrinding,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
I am currently using the Omicron v2 at 3.5v w/ 1.5ohm cartridges to vaporize waxes. The medicative effect is too weak for my liking.

Here is my question regarding the HVD upgrade: does the jump from 3.5v to 7v raise the temperature of the heating element? Thus moving the device from vaporization to combustion and (hopefully) getting a stronger medicative effect.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

The HVD top will allow you to run 7.4v and will also remove the limitation of your 3.7v allowing you to get a bigger hit at 3.7v

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Top Bottom