Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

MaxVapor

The Professor
Ok brotha you got me, im a evil super genius at work. I give up, we have made a pv that can fill itself, and vaporize enough extract for a city.

The Lungulator 1000

I am so glad I live in same city as you. Let me know when you gonna test fire, I'll take the day off from work. I assume the vapor will travel several miles?

Seriously man, you're like a super EVIL cannabis genius.

I am happy to have helped fund your efforts, Capitalism at it's best!

MaxVapor,
Reactions: DubCRider

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
I am so glad I live in same city as you. Let me know when you gonna test fire, I'll take the day off from work. I assume the vapor will travel several miles?

Seriously man, you're like a super EVIL cannabis genius.

I am happy to have helped fund your efforts, Capitalism at it's best!

Untitled22.png

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
it would take me a week doing runs all day to fill that. someone's gonna be happy they don't have to fill carts anymore!

Bob Loblaw,

OF

what would the equivalent be for a 1.5ohm to 3.7v on the 7.4v?

3-4 ohms, basically

Woah, there Bob. That's not even close to right. 1.5 Ohms at 3.7 Volts is like 9 Watts, a true screamer compared to the original 2.4's 5.7 Watts. OTOH, what you suggest as 'equivalent' is 14 to 18 Watts, basically twice the power (a considerably larger % increase than the well established boost from 5.7 to 9), no way would I consider even 5 Ohm carts at 7.4 Volts (11 Watts) equivalent but it's a whole lot closer than doubling it is.

This is based on 'official THC data', although it seems a little too high it's at least a good relative measure:
http://www.planetvape.ca/vaporizer-extract-cartridge-combi-pak-5-pack.html

I continue to think a guy should learn to work 2.4 Ohms at 3.7 Volts well before trying for hero status. The higher performance carts are all the more temperamental and hard to deal with even after developing those skills. I'm confident this advice will be routinely ignored.

OF

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
hey bob you wanna see something pretty cool?
do you even have to ask? lol
Don't do it Bob!!! Next he's gonna want you to show him yours.....you know how he is.....

Look away, don't touch it, leave the area, tell an adult! Apologies to Eddie Eagle, but if the shoe fits....

OF
that's why i keep a state line between us, at least so far, lol
i hope the shoe doesn't fit! or has someone gotten to you already?

Bob Loblaw,

OF

do you even have to ask? lol
that's why i keep a state line between us, at least so far, lol
i hope the shoe doesn't fit! or has someone gotten to you already?

I'm not at all sure a state line means much to that guy. A phony address in the wrong state might help. The best protection remains meeting only in public places in the daylight I think. Lots of witnesses.....

If a couple of time zones won't buy you some security, how can you expect useful results from a few area codes?

OF

OF,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Woah, there Bob. That's not even close to right. 1.5 Ohms at 3.7 Volts is like 9 Watts, a true screamer compared to the original 2.4's 5.7 Watts. OTOH, what you suggest as 'equivalent' is 14 to 18 Watts, basically twice the power (a considerably larger % increase than the well established boost from 5.7 to 9), no way would I consider even 5 Ohm carts at 7.4 Volts (11 Watts) equivalent but it's a whole lot closer than doubling it is.

This is based on 'official THC data', although it seems a little too high it's at least a good relative measure:
http://www.planetvape.ca/vaporizer-extract-cartridge-combi-pak-5-pack.html

I continue to think a guy should learn to work 2.4 Ohms at 3.7 Volts well before trying for hero status. The higher performance carts are all the more temperamental and hard to deal with even after developing those skills. I'm confident this advice will be routinely ignored.

OF
i fully agree with this. w/ the slight aside that it is as dependent on consistency of oil as ohm. that's why i can't wait for the vv top for persei. i can rip sap in 2.4 ohm the same way i rip shatter on a 1.5 vs the same way i'll rip shatter in a 3-4 on 6-7v and sap in a 5 ohm on 6-7.4v. the thickness of the expelled vapor is the same, but the fullness of the vapor (i know subjective term, but can't really figure out a way to describe) increases up the volt and ohm ladder, imho. however, ripping a sap in a 4 ohm at 7.4 will cook and give you a weaker hit than that same sap in a 5 ohm at 6v. send that data thru ur processor if ya can, mwahahaha. anyway, hope that helps!
"can't wait" for the new cart versions and the nail as well as the vv to smooth out some of these finer adjustments.

OF

i fully agree with this. w/ the slight aside that it is as dependent on consistency of oil as ohm. that's why i can't wait for the vv top for persei.

Excellent point. Concentrate changes change the whole game sometimes. I agree VV is likely to be where we all end up, I already enjoy using one to 'fine tune' my efforts......which is why I know you really don't want 3.7 Volts as a low end, not only is 3.0 useful, but even lower might have use as well. With 3.0 available it's possible to turn 1.5 Ohm carts down to the general level of 2.4s at 3.7 Volts. Remember that V2 is really driving 1.5s at under 3.0 right now and lots of guys think that's too much steam in some cases. Driving them almost 50% harder still (at the minimum on the upcoming VV supply) isn't going to help that.

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
hmmm i thought oil does not conduct electricity, hence can not be any resistance to it. Am i mistaken OF? or am I not understanding the convo, i guess above my pay grade.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

hmmm i thought oil does not conduct electricity, hence can not be any resistance to it. Am i mistaken OF? or am I not understanding the convo, i guess above my pay grade.

Boy, you lost me here. Oils don't conduct electricity (for practical purposes) but this is high resistance not low or worse still none. Lots of Ohms.

Resistance is a 'backwards unit' just like the name sounds. Big numbers mean higher resistance (to current flow) not less. Just like happens in tubing. Bigger hoses draw easier because they have less resistance? Or high sales resistance limits sales?

So help me out here, what are we talking about????

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Boy, you lost me here. Oils don't conduct electricity (for practical purposes) but this is high resistance not low or worse still none. Lots of Ohms.

Resistance is a 'backwards unit' just like the name sounds. Big numbers mean higher resistance (to current flow) not less. Just like happens in tubing. Bigger hoses draw easier because they have less resistance? Or high sales resistance limits sales?

So help me out here, what are we talking about????

OF

Have no clue. But ok.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Jhonny

The photo is of a disassembled cart that died a slow death in it's third gram. It's a months old 2.4 Ohm cart from an Omicron V1.X. This was otherwise very nice 69% East Coast Sour Diesel oil from Harborside. It got slower and slower until I finally gave up and drained the last out and started over with a new cart. Instant success. The cause of the problem is easy to see:

omicron1.jpg

What you see is the bottom of the furnace body on the left, with the bulk heater wound around the outside. Rotated out of place (it goes into the slot at the bottom of the body with the wire inside) is the main or vaporizing heater. The ends of the wick stick out the slots into the area outside where the bulk heater is (and all the hot oil waiting to feed). The vaporizing heater is wound around the wick in the center. It's under that big old scab made up of the junk in the oil that has deposited there when the other stuff vaped away. There's the junk from almost 3 grams there, toward the end all the vapor had to be blowing up the pores in the surface like some strange moon around Saturn or a comet too close to the sun. The deposit is quite hard, it's been soaked in ISO for a while and had a couple runs through the ultrasonic sink. Notice the oil drawn from the wick.

The bottom is sealed with a rubber disk of material like the mouthpiece with a hole for the lower tube to enter. This seal is the one that most often causes grief. If the oil gets past it along the wick the only way out is down into the socket from there unless you're right there and suck it out the top. Not much better, really.

As I see it there's no way to stop this (short of better oils and this one was pretty darn good) or remove it once it's there. This means the carts will not only die eventually but they will degrade getting there. I'm thinking it's like oil in your car, you need to buy more and change it out before it breaks down?

Anyway, I also thought you guys might like to see what it looks like inside.

OF

sorry to go back to this old post. But I have a simple question regarding this:

What should I do to prevent to burn the wick??

I ask because I had many burned wicks on my e-cigs with e-liquid and I want to avoid it with concentrates!

I also didn't pre-oxidize well my cartidge before filling it (I didn't want to burn the wick)... Will this "machine oil" taste dissipate after a while by using the cartridge?

Sorry for the stupid questions...

& a big thank to Planetvape for the very fast shipping to Europe!! Only 4 working days!

Jhonny,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer

I ask because I had many burned wicks on my e-cigs with e-liquid and I want to avoid it with concentrates!

I also didn't pre-oxidize well my cartidge before filling it (I didn't want to burn the wick)... Will this "machine oil" taste dissipate after a while by using the cartridge?

& a big thank to Planetvape for the very fast shipping to Europe!! Only 4 working days!

How old are your cartridges? where did you get them from?

THC SCIENTIFIC,
I've been touring your forums for a few weeks as a guest reading all of your epic conversations, personally I've always been a bong guy but I've always loved vaporizers just as much because i can be a health nut at times. :p I've only owned 2 vapes before because it hasn't been in my budget until recently.

Usually I'm at home most of the time but for quite awhile now I've been on the go and I'm usually in a public place so it's hard to find time or a good place to medicate And I also previously make a bunch of my own different concentrates and would like a feasible way to medicate in a more public setting. Hence the reason I'm so interested in portable vaporizers and its a lot more convenient then trying to light up a joint in a park or on the sidewalk. Or wherever for that matter. I'm also a mad scientist at heart and I love to stay on the cutting edge of technology.

From what I have seen I think I would like the omicron v2 the most but possibly with the universal adapter because I would like to vape both my herbs and concentrates.

I really love how dedicated and active you guys are here and am happy to be a part of it all.

Just a little intro and my two cents. :D

~LZ

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut

to prevent burning the wick you should pre weigh ur cart never let it go under .2 over the starting weight. to prevent leaks and clogs never fill more than .7 over starting weight. taste will diminish with use.
Usually I'm at home most of the time but for quite awhile now I've been on the go and I'm usually in a public place so it's hard to find time or a good place to medicate And I also previously make a bunch of my own different concentrates and would like a feasible way to medicate in a more public setting. Hence the reason I'm so interested in portable vaporizers and its a lot more convenient then trying to light up a joint in a park or on the sidewalk. Or wherever for that matter. I'm also a mad scientist at heart and I love to stay on the cutting edge of technology.

From what I have seen I think I would like the omicron v2 the most but possibly with the universal adapter because I would like to vape both my herbs and concentrates.

I really love how dedicated and active you guys are here and am happy to be a part of it all.

Just a little intro and my two cents. :D

~LZ

this sounds like you know what you need as well as want! for public consumption these things are a champ, but they also can really deliver the right amount of heat for ur oil which can get it tasting better than a dab. temp goes up to meet need instead of blasting a nail, waiting for red to go away and guessing temp you are hitting at as it comes down as with a nail. so home use tends to go up as well, in my experience anyway ;)

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: Jhonny

OF

In this I agree with OF. I started with a basic V2 and 2.4 before my Persei arrived and figured out the quirks of the oils, quantities, draw, etc on 2.4's before my 5's and 1.5's arrived. Since I have decided to run my V2 unmodified (no upgrade) because I have zero issues on partially filled 1.5's kicking out great vape on my V2. On my Persei I run it at 3.7 and feed it 2.4's, my 2.4's have had different kinds of concentrates including some black 'tar' oil that worked but did result in more issues. My BHO in the 2.4 I filled with 1 gram exactly. She hits well but I always have to do a little unclog clean at the bottom of the cart with a pin before I can prime and pull the block through. From that point she hits like a champ until I'm done. No leaking from the bottom, and I pull to cool but after 12 hours it's still plugged again. I suspect overfill as the problem.. Like I stated before my sweet spot seems to be just over the half gram mark with .2 being danger low. Of the 13 carts I have only 2 are in the discard pile. My first 5 ohm I burned out oxidising and a 2.4 that gave up on it's 2nd load of black tar.

I will admit I'm excited about the new Herc carts! I was really excited about a cart loader until I read that it's for doing 100 carts at a time (looks at his 11 carts) will there be a single cart version? I have a fantasy about a single cart loader.. Build a scale into it! Plug a funnel on a cart, screw cart into loader, turn on preheat and check the weight.. drop a glob of oil in and watch if melt down while keeping a eye on the weight.. then while you wait for the oil to melt down the stripper comes in.. (My kit will have to be the one with the stripper included - I'll pay for the extra shipping).

Right now I load fairly easy using a 'mounting block' I made years back for something else. The carts fit in though and it works. Here's a pic of the family, the V2 with it's 1.5, the Persei with the 2.4 and my version of the clear mouth piece and the mounting block (cart and funnel added for effect).
familyft.jpg

Cheers!

Indy.

Top Bottom