Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

OF

Update. Sent back my omnicron V2 for testing. Got it back today...and it was basically a technique thing on my part...got good run through on phone on using it correctly with a very very patient Delta 9 guy. Bottom line? SUCCESSSSSSS!! And I am typing this during this "successful" episode. Thanks!

Thank you very much for not only posting but 'taking the rap'. We often have guys come on screaming about defective gear, assuring everyone it sight it can't possibly be technique (even to the point of inferring others who don't have the same issues aren't really up to speed on such things.....) and sometimes hinting of the stuff they should get because of it (usually another unit).

We know from what we watch here that a large portion of the problems are 'cockpit errors' that is are corrected with adjustments to technique and in the end the hardware was just fine. This vape and others fit this pattern a lot it seems. Some portion do go back to the shop, we're told many of those cases are like yours but few ever come back to confirm that.

Thanks again for making your case a good example of why a guy should exhaust the technique and load material options before crying foul and sending it off. Doing so 'early' deprives him of the use. Insisting on (or even just getting) unnecessary parts only ties up the good folks at the shop who could be helping the next guy instead and raise the costs of business and therefore the price we all pay.

And congrats, nothing is really as good as success! Seems you worked extra hard to get there, enjoy it!

OF

OF,

vishus650

my girl thinks usps lost her shipment of a defective v2 going to d9v. damn it if they did, means ill be buying her a new one lol
anyone else have any problems while shipping with usps and missing items w/no trackin #?

vishus650,

OF

my girl thinks usps lost her shipment of a defective v2 going to d9v. damn it if they did, means ill be buying her a new one lol
anyone else have any problems while shipping with usps and missing items w/no trackin #?

USPS? Yes, sadly stuff gets lost. Often it gets found again. Seems like half the tracking numbers I get from them say it's still out there somewhere after it's in my hands.

Don't underestimate these Government employees on easy street with their job security. Let me give you an example from today in fact. The wife ordered some big bucks trinket which shipped 3 weeks and a bit ago, registered and insured. I've been home mostly and have taken the heat for missing the delivery. Finally at the end of the week, being a couple weeks late, she had the sender trace it. The local PO confirms the carrier seems to have brought it out 4/12 (I was home I think) but lacking a signature took it back....kinda forgot to leave a tag but put it back on the shelf where it was found again. It sat from the 12th or 13th until sometime in the last few days when it went missing again. That is they can't find it, think it might be on the truck...... Really, just today. Mail's not here yet, so I don't know how the story ends. It would be nice if it happens before she comes home.

These guys can't get fired unless they drop trou in front of your kids....and not even then sometimes. They don't care........

Sorry to hear it's gone missing. It may come back when it gets hungry enough, but I'd put a trace on it, no telling where it's sitting or what it's doing.

Good luck.

OF

OF,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
USPS? Yes, sadly stuff gets lost. Often it gets found again. Seems like half the tracking numbers I get from them say it's still out there somewhere after it's in my hands.

OF

Twice in the last year USPS has "delivered" a package to me...but not to my address. Their tracking indicated the package had been delivered so there was nothing they would do about it. I was home both times it was supposedly delivered.

Fortunately one of the packages was dropped off by the person who had mistakenly gotten it (some 18 blocks away from my house...not even close on street name and number). There are a few honest folk let here and there apparently.

The other package never showed up. Seller wouldn't reimburse because USPS said it had been delivered.

Oh well.

Sinclue,

Sinclue

However, speaking of deliveries they did deliver my two OPHOS upgrades today successfully.

Guess I hadn't really thought it through what I might be getting, but what it is are two complete units. Cases, fill funnels, chargers, plugs, and cartridges. The whole works.

Way to go G and D9.

OF

However, speaking of deliveries they did deliver my two OPHOS upgrades today successfully.

Guess I hadn't really thought it through what I might be getting, but what it is are two complete units. Cases, fill funnels, chargers, plugs, and cartridges. The whole works.

Way to go G and D9.

Cool SC, I'm focused on the V2 and Persei I guess, I decided to give the upgrade a pass. I'd have had to go with a pair like you did (charger issue) and I expect to be using the V1s less and less as time goes on.

I'm sure I'll come to regret that real soon. When does the offer end? Bet it happens by Friday? Anyway, when I cave in I guess I'll pony up the $90 instead of $50 plus postage. I just see the V1s I am using being so useful.....'cides which they're old friends. We've had a few fine adventures together. I'll have them as loaners this way as well I guess, although the new units would do that as well or better.

Great deal for sure, even if I'm not smart enough to jump on it. OTHO, the V2 upgrade is coming and I'd like to get the voltage drop thing out of the way.....

And there's the VV tops....

OF

Sinclue

I think these upgrade deals all end today or May 1 (tomorrow).

I loved the sleek look of the original Omi and the OPHOS retains that. These are here and available. All else is promised or somewhere in the pipeline...all dependent on G's situation.

Carpe Diem I say.

OF

I think these upgrade deals all end today or May 1 (tomorrow).

Carpe Diem I say.

It says it expires tomorrow on the web page:

http://www.delta9vapes.com/products.php?product=Omicron-v1-upgrade-to-O%2dPhos-Black

I'd like to upgrade to black, too. Oh, well, something to think about too much I guess. I wish I wasn't so distracted by the V2 and Persei and 8 and.....

In other news, I emailed both the companies that offer the '510 to M601 adapter' needed to put Omicron carts on normal 510 power supplies. One has been out of stock (pre order?) for a long time, the other unresponsive. I have a few from each on order (I'd hoped). I emailed them both this morning and they've both responded, one saying 'tomorrow', the other 'this week'. The race is on, time for USPS to loose 'em soon I'm thinking.....

I'll let you good folks know when they get here and how they look and work. One is chrome brass (I have one already) the other claims to be Stainless Steel. Can't really solder to stainless, but I think most guys would prefer it?

Anyway, will advise.

OF

OF,
Reactions: Uce

like2dab

My Omicron v2 arrived today. I've filled it with some nice golden wax and primed it. I've gotten a few good sized hits, but I'm having an issue with the taste. Instead of tasting sweet and floral like it does off curve it tastes REALLY dirty. It almost reminds me of the oil that they use when they package razor blades. Is this something normal that goes away after some use or is something wrong with my unit?

like2dab,

bluesurfboy

I used the 7x power vs the 5x and I couldn't notice any difference of quality or consistency. And the trick to making it wax is whipping it, while it being heated.

What would you say is the best way to process my next run to optimize for the omicron/persei carts? to low heat long purge and then just vacc til shatter/sap? (Ive heard some people prefer a wax or budder saying that it lasts longer in the carts... any thoughts?)

StickyShisha2

they e-mailed me a tracking link, but the link says "Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site. A return receipt after mailing may be available through your local Post Office."

StickyShisha2,

OF

they e-mailed me a tracking link, but the link says "Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site. A return receipt after mailing may be available through your local Post Office."

Yup, it's the same with the Post Office we have here....

I routinely get packages still showing 'out there somewhere' days later. It seems they scan things when they darn well feel like it, unlike folks that can loose their jobs for incompetence? The good side is they usually stumble across stuff and send it somewhere else. However, just yesterday the wife rescued a package 'lost' in the local PO since 4/12 when the carrier apparently brought the box out but couldn't get the signature for insurance and registration and took it back. Kinda forgot to leave the note (no record there, or note here). They found the box on a shelf with no paperwork......in response to the trace. A day later, when we got the word, they'd lost track of it again. It wasn't with the carrier (as thought possible), but hiding in another area......

Too bad they don't have more openings at the DMV......

OF

THChemist

I've been starting to get a nasty taste in my 1.5 cart. Is this normal when they are getting low?

THChemist,

OF

Yes I have already noticed, this taste, i use 2.4 cart, but only when going low !

Oh, me too. Kind of like trying to use the last bit of gas at the bottom of the tank on your car? It might or might not get your there, but it sure won't be in style and it won't be something your relaxed and comfortable doing....or would want to plan to do again any time soon?

When they balk even a little bit and are within .200 grams of when they were dry I put another half gram or so in.

OF

OF,

Ogseed

For me no matter what I do with a 1.5 cart it always tastes bad. I stoped using them. Because I tried three in a row and never tasted my tasty wax once. It always taste bad to me, tastes like some kind of metal or something, so much that i fear there may be healh risks with using those carts. put the same wax in a 2.4 and it taste's great though. I can't explain it. Hopefully they well fix the 1.5 carts because I do like the bigger hits.

Ogseed,

OF

For me no matter what I do with a 1.5 cart it always tastes bad. I stoped using them. Because I tried three in a row and never tasted my tasty wax once. It always taste bad to me, tastes like some kind of metal or something, so much that i fear there may be healh risks with using those carts. put the same wax in a 2.4 and it taste's great though. I can't explain it. Hopefully they well fix the 1.5 carts because I do like the bigger hits.

For sure you should use what works for you. If you find the 2.4s otherwise good, I suggest you try driving one to about 4.5 Volts. I haven't run the numbers to support it, but my feeling is it doing so with the same SD oil gives me the same hits as 1.5s are on my V1. I don't find a taste issue there, but that's not the point. Very soon, we're told, VV heads for V2 and Persei will be available. What are you using for a power supply?

OF

OF,

Ogseed

not ALL 5x refined are equal.
we made awful, unusable oil from TattooWorks 5x.
it made propane smelling bho that no amount of purging would help.
I can't speak for tattoworks 5x for I've never tried it, but it was most likely the materials u used to make it like that. I've had pallets of power 5x, vector 5x, super 5x, and some other off brand 5x I can't remember the name of. All of which produced proper yellow wax if the the trim/buds were proper. If what ur using is old, or not dried correctly, or ruined in the freezer, it will come out too oily with a butane smell and taste. It will spark when dabbed.. And it is very hard to whip all the butane out or purge out, basically trash unless u spend hours whipping and that doesn't always fix it. This has happened with the same butane all the time. But as long as I use good trim/buds it always turns out proper. And I've never had one brand of butane perform better than another, and I have done tons of side by side tests / comparisons. ,

Ogseed,

Ogseed

For sure you should use what works for you. If you find the 2.4s otherwise good, I suggest you try driving one to about 4.5 Volts. I haven't run the numbers to support it, but my feeling is it doing so with the same SD oil gives me the same hits as 1.5s are on my V1. I don't find a taste issue there, but that's not the point. Very soon, we're told, VV heads for V2 and Persei will be available. What are you using for a power supply?

OF

For now all I have is a coup,e o-phos, my roomate has a persei but he's out of town. But I'd like to try that so ur saying using the 2.4 cart at 4.5 v will make it perform like a 1.5 cart on 3.7v? That's a good idea. So u don't have any taste issues with the 1.5 carts? Do u have a different method of pre-oxidation? I read someone saying the idea of blowing through the cart as it is being pre-oxidized, or using a vacuumed somehow, have u tried anything like that or have other ideas? I've tried all of thc's methods but none have made the taste go away..

Ogseed,

OF

But I'd like to try that so ur saying using the 2.4 cart at 4.5 v will make it perform like a 1.5 cart on 3.7v? That's a good idea.

Yes, I'm saying it's like that. Not as clean cut because noting is really solid to start with. I measured my V1 which should be the same as your Omicron (V2 is a bit different). Starting with fully charged battery in V1 or V2 (you can measure 4.2 Volts for V2 since V2 has a replaceable battery), you get 3.7 out with no load. The 2.4 Ohm card drops that to 3.3 Volts, 1.5 takes it to a bit under 3.2 for V1, under 3.0 for V2. These are the numbers you should use for calculations seems to me. So on a V1 your 1.5 Ohm cart (if it really is 1.5....) sees 3.2 Volts (not 3.7) and therefore draws less current and generates about 6.8 Watts not the 9.25 in song and fable (and official charts....). Not to worry, the 2.4 is really developing 4.6 not 5.75 Watts itself. The 'missing power' is lost in the battery and power supply and is what makes it get warm in use.

So we really need about seven Watts, not a nine and a quarter. A VV unit will have most of the losses compensated for buy drawing more power from the battery to get the pressure (voltage) up to the proper level. There's probably some errors in reading things there too. In my unit the display said 4.5 when the two seemed about equal (actually very hard to determine....), not the 4.1 the numbers say I wanted. Then again, I never checked the delivered voltage to the socket, I took my test rig apart to get the adapter connector back. I should have more adapters soon, so should be able to check this detail. It's really not important, it's somewhere near 4.5 right now. 4.4 or 4.3 will back it down in steps probably too small to notice, 4.6 or 4.7 will sneak it up a mite.

OF

OF,
Just got my V2 yesterday. Had to chase down a dick of a postal worker in my car to make sure I got it when I did and not this morning. She left a ticket without even knocking... lol but yeah, I love this device! I initially put .7 of some light, crumbly budder my friend and I made from a batch of OG. When melted down it's pretty viscuous and normally doesn't take any priming to produce clouds. There was definitely a taste at first, but it went away and then came back with a vengeance today when I got down to about .4 which I thought was kind of pre-mature. I threw in another .3 for now and it's been smooth ever since. I really wish I could do something about the taste though. This is my only cart for now.

About the M601 battery that was brought up earlier; does anyone know what kind of charger it needs? I live in Vegas and tend to smoke in public places so that slim battery would be great for when I'm out and about.

lesser_eidolon,

tharealmclovin

Just got my V2 yesterday. Had to chase down a dick of a postal worker in my car to make sure I got it when I did and not this morning. She left a ticket without even knocking... lol but yeah, I love this device! I initially put .7 of some light, crumbly budder my friend and I made from a batch of OG. When melted down it's pretty viscuous and normally doesn't take any priming to produce clouds. There was definitely a taste at first, but it went away and then came back with a vengeance today when I got down to about .4 which I thought was kind of pre-mature. I threw in another .3 for now and it's been smooth ever since. I really wish I could do something about the taste though. This is my only cart for now.

About the M601 battery that was brought up earlier; does anyone know what kind of charger it needs? I live in Vegas and tend to smoke in public places so that slim battery would be great for when I'm out and about.

It uses the standard Omicron V1 charger.

tharealmclovin,

VirginHarvester

Indica and sativa PureGold? I thought there was the original and the lighter one didn't have the added flavoring? I hear spots say its 90% THC as well.

I'm going to their website.....
Pure Gold is a little confusing lately. I have seen one dispensary in LA(although I imagine there are more) with the indica version. It's up to the dispensary to know which they have and remember most budtenders aren't that up to speed on product variances so when in doubt, make sure they know what they are talking about.

I believe the darker Gold was introduced with more lemonines(?) to give it more color and perhaps flavor but I don't believe color on its own determines whether or not sativa/indica.

As for the vials, they supposedly were reintroduced because they ran out of the caps so went back to vials temporarily(two months) according to a couple dispensaries.

So right now, as far as I know, neither color nor type of container is indicative of sativa or indica, dispensary will have to steer you to the right one.

VirginHarvester,
Reactions: Blue Dream
Top Bottom