Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

OF

I tried to reclaim whatever might have been left in the cartridge and I got several drops of wax.

There still can be a fair bit on the walls. There's some good discussion around here on breaking the cart down and using it's own seals to scour the walls for you. You can also melt off the wax trapped in the furnace assembly this way. As I said there seems to be a tenth or two still in an 'empty' cart and that stuff ain't cheap.....

OF

OF,

Blue Dream

There still can be a fair bit on the walls. There's some good discussion around here on breaking the cart down and using it's own seals to scour the walls for you. You can also melt off the wax trapped in the furnace assembly this way. As I said there seems to be a tenth or two still in an 'empty' cart and that stuff ain't cheap.....

OF
Would you say that my cartridge was empty? Sure was not hitting.

Blue Dream,

OF

Would you say that my cartridge was empty?

I can't really see it clearly enough, can you hold it closer to the monitor?

Sorry for that, hard to resist you know. A guy doesn't get all that many straight lines around here these days.

Empty is a hard line to draw I think. There's no doubt some (like in the wick) you'll never get back. Otherwise torching the outside (even to the point of destroying the seals perhaps) will leave at least a coating behind (what Vitolo vapes off). There is also oil trapped in the bulk heater and wires around the furnace that won't drain out. My experience carefully weighing several carts through their service lives is that 'empty' carts have a tenth or two in there still. How much of that you're willing to fight for (and the trouble doing so) is at best a slippery slope. You already have the 'low hanging fruit', the easy stuff.

Scrapping the cart gives you the option of using the neat little built in squeegie to scrape the walls down for you and eject the other parts where oil hides. You can melt or scrape to your heart's content. You can, I should think, also soak the lot in IPA and evaporate it off, it's not like QW hash in that you don't have to be at all quick, there's nothing evil and foul tasting that's likely to leach out like plant oils do.

IMO the best plan is when a cart gets low, say a quarter gram or so from it's dry weight and shows any sign of balking it's time to gas up. I add another gram of concentrate which not only does a serious melt down of what's left but basically recycles that last tenth to fifth of the first gram. Otherwise, you've got 'ten dollars of oil lost in a five dollar (used value?) cart'. If it dies, you can easily get all but that last bit back.

OF

OF,

JoeKickass

Guys I have found visual inspection to be much more reliable than weighing the carts:

Take a small single led keychain light and shine it in one side of the cartridge while you look closely in the other.

Look at an empty cart and a full one, it's pretty easy to gauge how much oil is left by looking at how much of the bottom white furnace is covered.

JoeKickass,

LetitGrow

I just got my 1.5 ohm carts in the mail. So far these are working twice as good as the original that came with it stock. I dont even have to hold down the button and reset it to get a good hit. Fat rips in 4-5 seconds. I'm impressed, seems like Im getting better airflow as well.

Im not sure how much quicker these will burn out, but they sure do take away the learning curve and make it much simpler to hit.

LetitGrow,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
This thread has sure taken on new direction. Kids playing with Omicrons, guys with x-ray eyes. :o OF,,,,why don't you just create the damn herb cart already.......

Jeppy,

hatfieldsmama

hmm.... now i cant decide if i really need to get myself a vv when i already have a stealthy battery that i can use with different carts..... i guess the vv will putout a more (much much more from what i understand) consistent voltage from hit to hit. that would be quite a plus

hatfieldsmama,

hatfieldsmama

my carts came at about X.7 and now when they stop hitting everyone seems to weigh around (X+1).0, worries me a lil bit

hatfieldsmama,

Cinnamonster

huh? Not sure I understand what your saying, but do u want measurements of the v2 package? Why not just get it shipped to a buddys house if you have nosey parents? Or just tell them it's an ecigs, like they would know any better. :)

Yeah man, I agree with this dude. ^ It'd be a lot easier and cheaper to have it shipped to a friend's house.

Edit: Actually, you can ship it to me...

Cinnamonster,

druminfected

i replied to this earlier but due to being overmedicated, i hadn't realized this thread had continued (for several pages) before my comment landed or that i hadn't quoted these posts to give context. I would personally be very interested in whatever you come up with to the point of paying for a working "two holes into one" mouthpiece. shipping and all that as well. i don't use my dual cart nearly as much as i would with one i think.

No worries Bob, I will start creating it as soon as I have the supplies to do it with, I pretty much have it figured out, just need materials but will try and find something for now. I'll post on the forums and to you when I do though. :)

druminfected,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

bruno13

insomniac
my carts came at about X.7 and now when they stop hitting everyone seems to weigh around (X+1).0, worries me a lil bit

Carts need about 0.2 in them to work. When the cart stop hitting, put in another 1/2. It should come back to life. When the cart eventually dies, take it apart and reclaim.

bruno13,

Silvercloud538

hmm.... now i cant decide if i really need to get myself a vv when i already have a stealthy battery that i can use with different carts..... i guess the vv will putout a more (much much more from what i understand) consistent voltage from hit to hit. that would be quite a plus

When you go war ,you wanna hav plenty of mags ,lol (batteries) ~ permits multiple batteries for long trips away from any grid ,w/ wall charger (ie., weekend camping ,etc.) ~ and yes ,steady voltage gets a few points ,also ;)

Silvercloud538,

usermaine

10 1/4 x 4 1/2 x 6 1/4 is the dimensions of the box my Omicron V.2 came in. just got mine yesterday. with the 1.5 ohm carts and no time out it works great. as to the stealth, honestly the oil i make isn't that smelly and most people who aren't familiar w/ oil don't really know its a cannabis product. an herb vape is way more odorous than my omi. went to a wedding and dinner and no one even noticed. have it on a lanyard and hit that sucker all day. (i do get people used to my non-nic. egoT e-cig first. looks similar and smells of peppermint. great cover.)
thanks

because i dont smoke disgusting cigs or ecigs. i smoke cronic hash oil...... if i get a sketchy ass pen looking thing, my rents will call that thing a bong.
exactly.

usermaine,

Mflbparox

I just got my 1.5 ohm carts in the mail. So far these are working twice as good as the original that came with it stock. I dont even have to hold down the button and reset it to get a good hit. Fat rips in 4-5 seconds. I'm impressed, seems like Im getting better airflow as well.

Im not sure how much quicker these will burn out, but they sure do take away the learning curve and make it much simpler to hit.

hey man what website did you purchase the carts from? planetvape or delta9 and can u see the heater turning red and lighting up upon 1 second of holding it down? cause on my cart it doesn't come till 3-4

Mflbparox,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
hey man what website did you purchase the carts from? planetvape or delta9 and can u see the heater turning red and lighting up upon 1 second of holding it down? cause on my cart it doesn't come till 3-4

Is your battery fully charged? Are you using the v1 or Omi v2?

THC SCIENTIFIC,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
can you replace the battery ( cell ) inside? is it one piece with a cone on it?

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Mflbparox

its silver and the cone thing is screwable and i put it on when i put the cartridge on cause it gets really hot haha

Mflbparox,
Top Bottom