Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

Cinnamonster

You're welcome.

Steer clear of toothbrush cases, they are not vapor tight (or your toothbrush would rot.....). Here's the stogie humidors I use, they're very solid and fume tight. A shim strip kills the rattle as well:
http://www.amazon.com/Telescoping-A...6C/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1331490710&sr=8-10

OF

Oh man, thanks for the suggestion. That does seem so much better than the toothbrush case (I can't believe I didn't think of them rotting if it was airtight -_-)

What's a shim strip and where can I get them?

Cinnamonster,

JoeKickass

Oh man, thanks for the suggestion. That does seem so much better than the toothbrush case (I can't believe I didn't think of them rotting if it was airtight -_-)

What's a shim strip and where can I get them?

He just means a bit of paper or cardboard lengthwise to fill the space.

JoeKickass,

Cinnamonster

Oh all right, that makes sense. I googled "shim strip" and I couldn't figure out exactly what it was.

Thanks again for all the suggestions!

Cinnamonster,

OF

Oh all right, that makes sense. I googled "shim strip" and I couldn't figure out exactly what it was.

Thanks again for all the suggestions!

Sorry to be vague, but JKA got there first with the straight poop.....again. Easy to hate a guy that's that fast and right so often, isn't it?

I tried thick paper first, but it crushed down after a bit. I settled on a strip of the white plastic foam (closed cell polyethylene I think?) used as packing sometimes. It's a sheet maybe 3/16 thick that came in the case for my Kindle (so it's the size and shape of a Kindle.....). You know the stuff, slick, strong and flexible? A strip about as long as the Omicron and half an inch or so wide does very nicely. I even cut a round disk of it and pushed it to the bottom but that's not really necessary as the rubber tip won't let it rattle with the cap on (at least not up and down).

Neat tubes, BTW, strong as can be. Not at tough as a TV of course, but I bet you can stand on 'em.

OF

OF,

Silvercloud538

You can click on THC's username and then click "start a conversation" and you can send him it that way if you like. It's pretty much like a Personal Message. :)

Also there the D9V number listed on the bottom of website, but the D9V store looks down ATM. :/

Drum ,thanks for the headzup :)

Silvercloud538,

usermaine

THC could you please make a video of the new omicron, i'm very interested. and what are some improvements over the first one?

usermaine,

Mflbparox

does anyone know the approximate cost of the herb cart? cause i have 50$ left on my card and hopefully its cheaper than that...

Mflbparox,
Reactions: Jeppy

druminfected

Any news on the exchange program for version 1 to version 2.?????

Nope, but the v2 JUST came out and PV just restocked older versions of omicron's as well, so I would give it a little time on that. I'm interested about the upgrade program too, but prolly won't happen until at least the chrome V2 omicrons come out if that, but THC always surprises us.

does anyone know the approximate cost of the herb cart? cause i have 50$ left on my card and hopefully its cheaper than that...

only person would know would be THC, and the herb cart is top secret stuff atm. Just keep saving up money like me :)

druminfected,

usermaine

what are the demotions of the packaging of the omicron v2 when shipped? i'm trying to get a p.o. box to get it shipped to ( nosey parents..) but idk what side p.o. box i should get

usermaine,

druminfected

what are the demotions of the packaging of the omicron v2 when shipped? i'm trying to get a p.o. box to get it shipped to ( nosey parents..) but idk what side p.o. box i should get

huh? Not sure I understand what your saying, but do u want measurements of the v2 package? Why not just get it shipped to a buddys house if you have nosey parents? Or just tell them it's an ecigs, like they would know any better. :)

druminfected,

usermaine

huh? Not sure I understand what your saying, but do u want measurements of the v2 package? Why not just get it shipped to a buddys house if you have nosey parents? Or just tell them it's an ecigs, like they would know any better. :)
yes, the measurements of the package the v2 is shipped in. the white box with the THC Scientific logo seems pretty small but i assume they put it in some other packaging when shipping.. they have various sizes of P.O. boxes and i'm trying to get one thats big enough for the v2 in all its packaging to fit in but smallest possible so i don't have to pay for extra space i don't need.. i have a post office on the same block i live on its be easier than asking someones and having to explain why i can't have it shipped to my place, then having to go pick it up... it'd just be easier for me..

usermaine,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
will it be going to an actual US post office? As I understand it, if you get a package that is too big for your po box, they will put a card in your box and hold the package for you to claim it. You might want to ask the PO about that.

jambandphan03,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
10 1/4 x 4 1/2 x 6 1/4 is the dimensions of the box my Omicron V.2 came in. just got mine yesterday. with the 1.5 ohm carts and no time out it works great. as to the stealth, honestly the oil i make isn't that smelly and most people who aren't familiar w/ oil don't really know its a cannabis product. an herb vape is way more odorous than my omi. went to a wedding and dinner and no one even noticed. have it on a lanyard and hit that sucker all day. (i do get people used to my non-nic. egoT e-cig first. looks similar and smells of peppermint. great cover.)

Bob Loblaw,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Until then, if faced with the problem myself, I'd probably start with cobbling something up with acrylic drip tips. They solvent cement like a dream you know. And the material is easy to work (which is why we make all those cheap water pipes from the stuff). I'd build up a manifold from other bits and glue the lot together while it was on the Persei (to get the spacing right). I'm thinking 3 plates, bottom has two holes to mate with the tips, second a slot to connect the two, the third has a hole to accept the single mouthpiece. 3 plates a 1/8 or maybe 1/4 thick? Make sense?

You could even make 'em round (same size as the body) which might be fun. And then there's colors.......

OF
Yeh I won't have that issue of my lips not fitting, but I only seen a couple people say anything about it. I suggested the idea to the people complaining about the issue, but they didn't respond,but I think it might be useful to some people. I understand what you mean, and sounds very interesting. Anyway you could take pics of the idea prototype or use ms paint to draw a rough diagram of it even would be kewl. Personally I would go with 1/8, but that's just me. Also for the bottom two plates, maybe have it hook up to the silicone tubes (or a part of it) since it makes a nice and snug fit. didn't know they made colors :haw:

Anyone else have questions let us know!

i replied to this earlier but due to being overmedicated, i hadn't realized this thread had continued (for several pages) before my comment landed or that i hadn't quoted these posts to give context. I would personally be very interested in whatever you come up with to the point of paying for a working "two holes into one" mouthpiece. shipping and all that as well. i don't use my dual cart nearly as much as i would with one i think.

Bob Loblaw,

hatfieldsmama

because i dont smoke disgusting cigs or ecigs. i smoke cronic hash oil...... if i get a sketchy ass pen looking thing, my rents will call that thing a bong.

hatfieldsmama,
Reactions: usermaine

DubCRider

If you can solve that issue in life a million dollars is yours. The iPhone scale app could make a million.

DubCRider,

OF

because i dont smoke disgusting cigs or ecigs. i smoke cronic hash oil...... if i get a sketchy ass pen looking thing, my rents will call that thing a bong.

Not to play the heavy, but the Rules seem to forbid this sub topic:
"This forum is for mature adults only. We don’t want to hear about you needing to hide things from your parents."

I suggest you can get the package size and avoid the subject?

How do I know if a cartridge is empty without my having a gram scale?

I don't think you really can. Even then, stuff sticks to the walls so weight can only indicate there's concentrate in there, it may well need melting down to feed (happens a lot it seems?). When a cart slows down I guess you could blindly reheat it, adding more might get you into overfill troubles?

It's even more fun than that. When they run dry, they seem to still have the last of the concentrate (maybe 150 or 200 mg worth) that just won't feed nor melt out. Adding a second gram to an 'empty' cart ends up being heavier than the first time the cart got filled. I had one with a favorite Sour Diesel oil in it (it went four fills) that stalled out with over a quarter gram in it each time. I got about half that back in the end and fed it to the next cart (which is humming along just fine....).

My advice is to schedule a modest scale (ten grams by .01 will work fine) for a future purchase? I've used this one for a while now, it's cheap enough and does a great job:
http://www.amazon.com/American-Weig...OQUQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1331538801&sr=8-1

I also use it to weigh my Iolilte so I know how much gas is there. If you don't need to go that heavy, and are willing to spend a few more dollars (still under the cost of a gram of herb) this one is really neat because it's so small:
http://www.amazon.com/Worlds-Smalle...UM/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1331538801&sr=8-16

OF

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
that's a toughie. you can't really know for sure. only by trying to reclaim the oil maybe would you be able to really tell that it was empty. if you know you have melted all your oil down and no vapor is producing anymore would be the simplest answer i can think of (not to sound like a smart-ass). or what they said. swear to god i update before i post then as soon as i do 3 more show up above me, lol.
lovin' the mini scale OF.

Bob Loblaw,

Blue Dream

I tried to reclaim whatever might have been left in the cartridge and I got several drops of wax.

In the future I plan on investing in a scale.

Blue Dream,
Top Bottom