Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
That's interesting, I consider the dual coils heavy duty when you turn the watts up. I can't wait to see this new one, I think I saw a 3 coil cart a couple of weeks ago. I wonder if it's heavy duty in vaporizing or in how much it holds. Maybe both. Good news for me though, herc and kiss ac are all I really use for concentrates.

StormyPinkness,
Reactions: ataxian

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
That's interesting, I consider the dual coils heavy duty when you turn the watts up. I can't wait to see this new one, I think I saw a 3 coil cart a couple of weeks ago. I wonder if it's heavy duty in vaporizing or in how much it holds. Maybe both. Good news for me though, herc and kiss ac are all I really use for concentrates.

The coils will have some minor improvements to make it even longer lasting.

Last edited:

Mac S

What's the difference between an omicron/KISS alpha centauri and a hercules oil cartridge + a top of the line modbox?

Mac S,

waxdab23

What's the difference between an omicron/KISS alpha centauri and a hercules oil cartridge + a top of the line modbox?

There are many differences, but here are a couple big ones:

Omicron/Alpha combo is a LAYG (load (enough for 2-3 hits) as you go) setup, while the Hercules can hold about a half gram of concentrate.

Omicron/Alpha combo requires frequent cleaning of disposable coils, while the Hercules only needs occasional cleaning and does not use disposable parts that need constant replacement.

What are you looking to accomplish?

You can also run the Alpha Centauri on a box mod...

Mac S

There are many differences, but here are a couple big ones:

Omicron/Alpha combo is a LAYG (load (enough for 2-3 hits) as you go) setup, while the Hercules can hold about a half gram of concentrate.

Omicron/Alpha combo requires frequent cleaning of disposable coils, while the Hercules only needs occasional cleaning and does not use disposable parts that need constant replacement.

What are you looking to accomplish?

I'm trying to find a portable daily driver for on-the-go, specifically for circumstances where I need to medicate stealthily and quickly, generally in these cases if something goes wrong or breaks I will not have more than a couple minutes to maintenance my device until I get home.

Is either more versatile or heavy hitting? how often does the Alpha go through coils? Is the Herc really all that much better for the money?

waxdab23

I'm trying to find a portable daily driver for on-the-go, specifically for circumstances where I need to medicate stealthily and quickly, generally in these cases if something goes wrong or breaks I will not have more than a couple minutes to maintenance my device until I get home.

Is either more versatile or heavy hitting? how often does the Alpha go through coils? Is the Herc really all that much better for the money?

For the scenario you describe, I take either the Omicron/Alpha or Box Mod/Alpha, with an extra coil in case shit hits the fan.

For me, the Hercules isn't all that portable but that's my opinion and others seem to have no problem using it as a portable. I like using it at home because it's larger and requires a little more focus to operate than the AC. But that's just me and I've only owned a Herc for a couple months. One of the things it has going for it in terms of portability is that you don't have to reload as often.

The Herc is capable of delivering the heaviest of hits that are very smooth and flavorful. Worth the premium.

Coils for the Alpha could last many months if maintained properly. They need to be cleaned thoroughly in a hot ISO bath or ultrasonic cleaner every 0.5g-1g of usage.

waxdab23

Hmm that's interesting. Have you actually tried using an ultrasonic cleaner for your coils? I had never thought of that.

Yes I just tried for the first time this last weekend lol!

Here's how I did it...

I purchased this cleaner: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00H...ic+cleaner&dpPl=1&dpID=41yIaj8lx-L&ref=plSrch

I filled half the tank with ISO and ran the ultrasonic cleaner for one cycle (3 minutes). I later read in the ultrasonic cleaner recommendation thread on here that a smarter way to use the ISO is stick your, in this case, coils and ISO in a ziploc bag and fill the tank with warm water. Duh lol, I'll do that next time so I'm not wasting a bottle of ISO on one session.

Placed a bunch of AC coils in a basket and dropped in the tank. Ran a few cycles and rinsed with distilled water.

Check out one of the coils, and this is an old one - several months of use...

ERfhKOs.jpg

Came out cleaner and with less effort than when I did hot ISO baths.

Resistance and everything reads fine on my box mod. Have been using them after drying and burning off and everything has been fine.

I also threw all the 'soakable' parts of my Herc and my ELB's in there. Good as new.

elmoe420

Here's how I did it...

Resistance and everything reads fine on my box mod. Have been using them after drying and burning off and everything has been fine.

I also threw all the 'soakable' parts of my Herc and my ELB's in there. Good as new.

Genius! Just ordered one. I don't know why I didn't think of this before, this is perfect.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

@Mac S I have both and their different animal's.

I ALPHA at times and when I am looking to destroy myself the HERCULES will consume more however you will be beyond medicated.

Either way = CIVILIZED

If $ is tight the ALPHA is pretty cool too! (both are amazing)!
I just ALPHA'ED through water and I want to sleep and I just woke-up?
Just figured it out?

AFGHANI VALLEY KUSH SHATTER overload.
Taste good at least!

That was a ALPHA. (love it)
The HERCULES I need to have my night clothes on. (after 6:00 PM)

Last edited:

DreamHaze

Psychonaughty

Here's how I did it...

I purchased this cleaner: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00H...ic+cleaner&dpPl=1&dpID=41yIaj8lx-L&ref=plSrch

I filled half the tank with ISO and ran the ultrasonic cleaner for one cycle (3 minutes). I later read in the ultrasonic cleaner recommendation thread on here that a smarter way to use the ISO is stick your, in this case, coils and ISO in a ziploc bag and fill the tank with warm water. Duh lol, I'll do that next time so I'm not wasting a bottle of ISO on one session.

Placed a bunch of AC coils in a basket and dropped in the tank. Ran a few cycles and rinsed with distilled water.

ERfhKOs.jpg

So lemme get this straight...
You put the atomizer in a small plastic bag (will a 2x2 be good?) filled with ISO
Then you fill the actual cleaner with warm water?

I recently did a warm iso soak for my double coil and didn't like how it didn't really clean the atomizer too well. Still left some junk under the coils and around the ceramic dish.

Might invest in one of these ultrasonic cleaners now after seeing how clean that looks!

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Here's how I did it...

ERfhKOs.jpg

Thank you for this, this is basically my routine now except I'd put it in a mug of hot water and just take out the bag to reheat the water every once in awhile. The nerd AND ocd in me is going to love ultrasonically cleaning it. Going to read through both those threads.

One maybe weird question for anyone, does it bug pets?

waxdab23

Thank you for this, this is basically my routine now except I'd put it in a mug of hot water and just take out the bag to reheat the water every once in awhile. The nerd AND ocd in me is going to love ultrasonically cleaning it. Going to read through both those threads.

One maybe weird question for anyone, does it bug pets?

My cat was nearby while I was doing it and she was totally normal. Not a weird question, I was thinking the same before I did it lol.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
My cat was nearby while I was doing it and she was totally normal. Not a weird question, I was thinking the same before I did it lol.
My Dog got so medicated I had to stop sharing?
nsQV5ab.jpg

Civilized = just a test.
The shatter on the right is going to knock me out!
She said, not me!
Quality is kind of refreshing?
I had a bunch of cheap pens that fell apart?
Not the OMICRON!

@CarolKing do you have one?
@Vitolo BLUE DREAM as a CONTRATE = CIVILIZED

Last edited:

waxdab23

elmoe420

Mac S

I'm buying my Omicron + AC tonight. I want to get a backup coil, and initially I was just going to buy a standard single coil, but then I started wondering what the differences between single, double, double quartz, and donut coils are. Can anyone comment?

waxdab23

I'm buying my Omicron + AC tonight. I want to get a backup coil, and initially I was just going to buy a standard single coil, but then I started wondering what the differences between single, double, double quartz, and donut coils are. Can anyone comment?

Single vs dual: Dual gives you more surface area to apply your concentrate, allowing you to load more at a time than with the Single. Fatter rips, more power with the dual.

Ceramic vs quartz rods: Quartz rips a little harder, maybe a little more pure in taste than the ceramic. But that flavor doesn't last long because the quartz doesn't absorb any oil like the ceramic does, so it's sorta constantly burning the oil. So the quartz gets cruddy pretty fast.

The donut is for flavor chasing. I've only used one a handful of times because I prefer the fatter rips from the coil attys.

My favorite is the dual Ti with ceramic rods. Flavor is great, hits hard and fairly easy to maintain.

Top Bottom