Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

BossBrew

Metalhead
rufrothy said:
Earwax is generally 35-60 around here with 50G being the average I would say.

NitroOG is consistently $50 but $45 at one place and PureGold is consistently $40 a 1/2g around here.

Regardless of the small residual leftover you get your moneys worth out of a gram in the omicron.
Whoa, $40 for 1/2g is a very steep price. In your opinion is it worth the high price? It would have to be leaps and bounds better than NitroOG if it costs $40 for 1/2g.

BossBrew,

DubCRider

It works flawless! The flavor is great too. I haven't tried the lighter colored ones but I hear they have less taste/smell.

DubCRider,

BossBrew

Metalhead
DubCRider said:
It works flawless! The flavor is great too. I haven't tried the lighter colored ones but I hear they have less taste/smell.
Wow you guys up in NorCal are spoiled! I guess it couldn't hurt to make a trip every now and then. :cool:

BossBrew,

OF

rufrothy said:
really within 0.05g on 6 different carts. all refilled all working fine. some refilled 2-3 times now.

not reporting anyones guestimations just my 1st hand experiences.

These carts are way tougher than most here think. THat was one of my main problems earlier on. Being scared to pull to hard, being scared to heat the cart too much, being scared to prime a lot to clear a clog. All these things get worked out as you use the product more.

The only thing I am noticing is that the refilled carts leak a bit more than the new ones. no biggy just a little harder to prime 1st thing.

Thanks for the clarification, 50 mg is a long ways from "back to original weight", even if it is way less than others seem to have issues at. For sure it doesn't square with my (modest) experience. I had problems at several times that much left with an oil known to flow down well on it's own. I also assume THC's advice is based on not only 'inside information' to do with the development and design but a considerable testing experience as well? I'm still curious about what other folks find. Do they find performance erratic when it gets low like I did? It got to the point where I noticed that holding it horizontal was harder to hit than vertical. Or at least thought so.

I agree, the carts are fairly tough, but they are mortal. Guys have killed them with lighters for instance. And we're told running dry. The observation that they leak more as they age is interesting to me. Why should that be? Seems to me if you're not abusing it somehow (like with heat) it should slowly klag up on the inside and feed more and more slowly. Leaking should become less of an issue, not more?

Agreed, though, leaks (as long as they are minor) are an annoyance rather than a deal breaker. Still, given a choice, I'd rather they didn't leak and look forward to the 'leak proof' version.

Thanks again for the additional information. Anybody else have experience wringing the last few dozen hits out of these guys?

OF

OF,

DubCRider

I just refill when the clouds dwindle. I have one budtender who claims at least 8-10 PureGolds through one cart and running strong. He is going to let me know when that cart dies.

DubCRider,

kertong

*please delete me*
When I had my brand new empty cart weighed, it was a 7.8g, and filled, it went to a 8.8g. I noticed the first 50 hits are awesome - just milky thick vapor. When I get down to the point where there is ~.4-.5g left in the cart, I notice the vapor clouds get much thinner and weaker, similar to what you'd get out of an MFLB. I am very paranoid about overheating and ruining the seals in the cart, but melting the middle of the cart and up along the sides seem to "melt" the concentrate back down into the bottom of the cart, because the smoke will get thick and milky again for a short while. I got some orange velvet wax that seemed a bit harder to melt than the rest, and even without a lighter I got it to "resettle" by just priming for 4-5 seconds at a time, letting go for .5-1 second, then repeating until the top of the cart started getting warmer/hot to the touch. I hope this isn't bad for the cart/battery? It seems to help produce thick clouds for the next few hits though, so I believe some waxes/oils melt down better than others..

Wish there was an easy way to peer inside the cart, I'd love to see what my oil is doing. Otherwise, man, I love this thing, sipped on it all day riding in the car with the wife, made traffic nearly pleasant! :D [removed] I haven't touched the solo since I got the omicron :D

Modnote: Please review the forum rules. No selling or soliciting items on the forum.

kertong,

jon_dojah

THC Scientific:

I want to get 2 sets of doubles as xmas gifts for some relatives...is it possible to order tonight and get them b4 xmas?

jon_dojah,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
They will be shipped out on Tuesday priority 2-3 days. Now if the post office screws up witch they have before, I can't guarantee it.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

JoeKickass

WatTyler said:
Well my Omicron arrived yesterday... I have my Omicron in my hand filled with a gram of

home-made budder,

vaping away... Only thing I will say is that to me it tastes like shit- but that's just the taste of budder/oil. I can't relate to the folk that get a nice taste from oil at all....

I think either you have your terminology mixed up or you have been vaporizing fat...

Budder = Weed cooked in butter; THC bonded to fat molecules so it can be absorbed when eaten. Smells a bit like weed but most of the weight/content is just butter. And butter is mostly fat. Fat will definitely melt & burn and smell really different from weed so I'm thinking this is what you have been doing. I would check your cartridge for butter residue/unmelted bits.

Hash oil = Weed that has been processed by butane or another solvent. The weight/content is almost completely thc and terpenes. This will vaporize very cleanly with a light smell/taste.

Wax = I'm guessing here, hash oil that has been whipped/solidified somehow? While they look similar, budder & wax are very different. Wax is almost pure thc, like hash oil, and will vaporize very cleanly as well. I find slightly more taste with wax than oil

JoeKickass,

jon_dojah

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
They will be shipped out on Tuesday priority 2-3 days. Now if the post office screws up witch they have before, I can't guarantee it.

Cool i have faith it will be here by friday if not monday is ok since i wont be able to get them oils until the next week anyway...i just ordered 2 doubles, 2 fill tools, a pack of carts, etc. :D

jon_dojah,

Adobewan

@BossBrew
Regarding the Pure Gold price, it is definitely worth trying at least once. It's is perfectly suited for the Omicron, the little nipple on top fits right into your cart. No priming, just instant medicating clouds of citrus. It was the first concentrate I tried in the Omicron, the first "concentrate" I'd had since the '70s and it immediately revealed the potential for the Omicron.
Can't say it's worth twice the price of the very excellent Nitro OG but you might treat yourself to an ampule for the holidays. You'll be glad you did.
Guaranteed "Merry".

Adobewan,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
JoeKickass said:
WatTyler said:
Well my Omicron arrived yesterday... I have my Omicron in my hand filled with a gram of

home-made budder,

vaping away... Only thing I will say is that to me it tastes like shit- but that's just the taste of budder/oil. I can't relate to the folk that get a nice taste from oil at all....

I think either you have your terminology mixed up or you have been vaporizing fat...

Budder = Weed cooked in butter

;) No worries, there's no butter in my Omicron. Indeed, that would taste foul :uhoh:

SF Giant said:
Nay, Budder=BHO heated and whipped into a solid form afaik

this is the recipe I followed.

WatTyler,

OF

DubCRider said:
I just refill when the clouds dwindle. I have one budtender who claims at least 8-10 PureGolds through one cart and running strong. He is going to let me know when that cart dies.

That seems like the best plan, if you're going to refill why fight it? Provided you're near the end (say within .200 or so?), why not top it up? Avoid over filling, of course. The cart will die sometime and you'll drain all but the residual at that time. All we can do to change that is maybe kill it off early through abuse.

Interesting info on the budtender's little experiment, that's a lot of cycles on that cart (although probably under near ideal conditions). Given that's three or four hundred dollars worth of oil you'd have to say the owner's got his ten bucks worth from that cart already. I'll bet it's gonna be sad to eventually say good by to such a friend (no doubt a lot of good memories there)......

Thanks for the 'food for thought'.

OF

OF,

wthanna

THC SCIENTIFIC: Just an FYI.. There appears to be a problem with your mail system on the delta9vapes.com site. I submitted a question on 12/14/11 through your mail system, after logging into my account that has never been answered. It's not a big deal. I just wanted to make you aware of what is going on.

wthanna,

Sicc

BossBrew said:
rufrothy said:
+1

Earwaxes etc taste much better.

The claim that 2.-.3g is left in the cart when done is just done true. yes often times with .2-.3 left it may slow down in producing vapor until you hit the cart with a lighter and gently melt down some more concentrate. And magically its back to ripping again. I have done this with 6 carts now and gotten every one back to the original weight before I filled it and then re-filled. There is no issue here.
Looks like I'm all set. Just picked up some OG Kush Earwax from a local collective and it is potent and easy to work with! Not quite sure how the prices are in NorCal but I paid $55/G.

Can't wait until the Omicron is delivered. :ko:

Where in socal are you bud? I been looking for some og kush wax. Im in OC

Sicc,

TracyLee

8-10 PureGolds in one cart!!!!!????? Wowow. I know what's on my shopping list this week...keeps on coming up. I enjoyed my Nitro cart yesterday at the Raiders game. I just had a few hits this morning too....damn I love that taste.

Ya gotta try the waxes...oils taste fishy in my opinion....but nice clouds when I want a satisfying exhale.

--Tracy

TracyLee,

BossBrew

Metalhead
Sicc said:
BossBrew said:
rufrothy said:
+1

Earwaxes etc taste much better.

The claim that 2.-.3g is left in the cart when done is just done true. yes often times with .2-.3 left it may slow down in producing vapor until you hit the cart with a lighter and gently melt down some more concentrate. And magically its back to ripping again. I have done this with 6 carts now and gotten every one back to the original weight before I filled it and then re-filled. There is no issue here.
Looks like I'm all set. Just picked up some OG Kush Earwax from a local collective and it is potent and easy to work with! Not quite sure how the prices are in NorCal but I paid $55/G.

Can't wait until the Omicron is delivered. :ko:

Where in socal are you bud? I been looking for some og kush wax. Im in OC
I live in Apple Valley (town in the High Desert). My favorite local dispensary has an amazing delivery service and carries it.

According to WeedMaps there is a collective in Garden Grove that carries the OG Kush Wax for $40/g. Search for the ABC COOPERATIVE.

Good luck in your travels!

BossBrew,

dankd420

After a little over a week with this device, thoroughly impressed. After a week of constant usage i went through 1.5g of oil and ~.6g of wax. Took it with me out on the town saturday night and turned a buddy of mine into a believer too, he just has to have one now :)

Empty cartidges waiting to be filled were calling to me, so i picked up two more waxes and loaded them up. Fire OG and Tangerine Dream from the Silver Creek Collective. I was only planning to get one, but they gave me a 20% new patient discount(might have been 10% new patient + 10% happy hour) and i had to get both :) The tangerine dream was difficult to get into the cart. It cools quickly after heating and didnt really want to flow. Once loaded its an enjoyable smoke with tons of potency but not much flavor.

The Fire OG on the other hand melted right in. Of the concentrates i've loaded so far the Fire OG has the most distinct flavor, very tasty and incredibly distinct from the other concentrates.

TracyLee is right on the money about the dark oils. They smoke well, plenty of vapor, but have a planty taste that the waxes dont.

DankD420

dankd420,

408_Grow

Running on my 3rd puregold in one cart, still going very strong! I also added some bluedream oil to the nitro cart I had and holllllly hell this thing is killer!

408_Grow,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
just wanted to share a pic. this should help people on the fence about purchasing one. :brow:
pc191753a.jpg

ilovebOObs,

vape4health

b00bs, is that a real picture, you didn't fuck with it or use smoke or anything like that. Wow

vape4health,
Top Bottom