Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

ashes26

I've had the O-Phos for a little less than two weeks now (I think?) and I am LOVING it!!! It is such a neat little thing :-)

I love having the regular carts to vape when I don't want to deal with layg, and I love having the KISS cart for dabs when i feel like something different.. it really is the best of both worlds with the two carts.

I've been showing it to everyone (bc I love it so much) and I'm pretty sure my brother is going to pick one up, possibly my cousin and a couple friends as well. I have barely touched the flowers I picked up at the same time as the concentrate I picked up the first day I bought the O-Phos. It is ridiculous! I can't believe it has taken me so long to get with this program!

I am coughing less (less smoking flowers).
I have more energy (has anyone else experienced this when primarily vaping concentrates after smoking herb for a long time? 20 years for me..)
I have zero paranoia in terms of smelling like weed in inappropriate places (my parents house for instance).
I no longer feel like I need to go outside on the porch, or turn on the air purifier, when I want to medicate at home.

I could go on more but I do have an issue that just came up tonight..

All of a sudden my O-Phos has stopped holding a charge.. I plugged it in, and the red charge light went off after a little while, indicating that it was done charging, which seemed strange since it was only plugged in for maybe 5 minutes. I got a few puffs out of it, and then the blue light started blinking again, indicating it was out of battery. I plugged it back in, and again, the red light went off after a few minutes, it gave me a few puffs and then the blue light flashed a few times and it wouldn't give me anything anymore.

@THC SCIENTIFIC or anyone have any ideas of what's happening? Is something broken? I'm so bummed.. don't want to go back to combusting :-(

ashes26,

nao12000

W9 Tech Rep
Company Rep
I've had the O-Phos for a little less than two wemonthso ) and I am LOVING it!!! It is such a neat little thing :-)

I love having the regular carts to vape when I don't want to deal with layg, and I love having the KISS cart for dabs when i feel like something different.. it really is the best of both worlds with the two carts.

I've been showing it to everyone (bc I love it so much) and I'm pretty sure my brother is going to pick one up, possibly my cousin and a couple friends as well. I have barely touched the flowers I picked up at the same time as the concentrate I picked up the first day I bought the O-Phos. It is ridiculous! I can't believe it has taken me so long to get with this program!

I have more energy (has anyone else experienced this when primarily vaping concentrates after smoking herb for a long time? 20 years for me..)
I have zero paranoia in terms of smelling like weed in inappropriate places (my parents house for instance).
I no longer feel like I need to go outside on the porch, or turn on the air purifier, when I want to medicate at home.

All of a sudden my O-Phos has stopped holding a charge.. I plugged it in, and the red charge light went off after a little while, indicating that it was done charging, which seemed strange since it was only plugged in for maybe 5 minutes. I got a few puffs out of it, and then the blue light started blinking again, indicating it was out of battery. I plugged it back in, and again, the red light went off after a few minutes, it gave me a few puffs and then the blue light flashed a few times and it wouldn't give me anything anymore.

@THC SCIENTIFIC or anyone have any ideas of what's happening? Is something broken? I'm so bummed.. don't want to go back to combusting :-([/quote

Can you call in on Monday so we can trouble shoot? Either the cart is dead or the Ophos . If it's the unit it's under warranty for 11 1/2 more months so you covered!
Naomi

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
IMO loading without a tool is not realistic, at least not for new guys. The load has to be 'bubble free' or it won't feed. Either get the official tool, or do what some of us 'old school' guys still do, use a Wilton #10 cake decorator tip and a wooden toothpick (what we did before the loading tool was developed).
Weigh the cart empty, put half a gram in (no more than .6), more invites leaks. Refill when it gets to .2 above new. Scrap the cart when it gets too slow or otherwise fouled out, perhaps 3 grams on average? Don't try to clean them until you're more up to speed.

My advice is to abandon the effort or buy some 2.4s and a loading tool. Chances of success on the plan you've got are against you I think.

Yes, we absolutely do. And with the exception of PG I'd say most get excellent results, but not without learning some skills. IMO thinner oils are the best to learn with (less trouble feeding).

Follow the loading guide on the W9 site, paying strict attention to preheating the center section of the cart.....where most new guys have problems.

Good luck with it, it really is worth doing......or we wouldn't?

OF

I love the 2.4 carts. (easiest)
Maybe I'm being careful however I stay away from PG for carts.
I use PG often however in something other than a cart.
CE4_Tank__96521.1375660252.1280.1280.jpg

http://www.w9tech.com/ce4-tank/

I get the 2.5.

I have used these for some time now and I just keep using them because I'll a cheap A@@.
I hate gambling I guess that's why I take the safe approach.

Listen to "OF"!

Ps The load tool is a must!
http://www.planetvape.ca/cartridge-fill-tool.html
I've had the O-Phos for a little less than two weeks now (I think?) and I am LOVING it!!! It is such a neat little thing :-)

@THC SCIENTIFIC or anyone have any ideas of what's happening? Is something broken? I'm so bummed.. don't want to go back to combusting :-(

I have a O-PHOS and love this little stealth medication device!
"G" at W9 TECH will know how to correct it!
I'm sure it's a minor issue!

What a great ideal about the K.I.S.S. cart attachment for the O-PHOS.
I need a BLACK one so it matches!

Last edited:
ataxian,
Reactions: ashes26

Caligula

Maximus

A. Did you try ignoring the light and leave the unit plugged in to charge for more than a few minutes?

B. Like @nao12000 said, call UP Tech today. They will fix this, Im sure.

C. You REALLY need to get a flower vape like the Arizer Solo.

ashes26

So weirdly enough, it started working fine again.. I'll keep an eye on it.. and like @nao12000 said, I have another 11+ months if it starts acting funny again :-)

Thanks vape friends!

@Caligula - I have the TV evo.. it's still not my go to device, despite me learning how to use it a bit better after coming on this site.. I still haven't had a chance to really sit with it and practice as much as I'd like... maybe I will check out the solo..

@ataxian what is the flower tool in your photo I think third from the right?

Last edited:
ashes26,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
So weirdly enough, it started working fine again.. I'll keep an eye on it.. and like @nao12000 said, I have another 11+ months if it starts acting funny again :-)

Thanks vape friends!

@Caligula - I have the TV evo.. it's still not my go to device, despite me learning how to use it a bit better than coming on this site.. I still haven't had a chance to really sit with it and practice as much as I'd like... maybe I will check out the solo..

@ataxian what is the flower tool in your photo I think third from the right?

If you are ever in the area come by bring the TV ill help you get situated with it. Its a little finicky but it can do what its designed just need a little learning curve.

Silvercloud538

Keep an eye on Up Toke coming out sooner than later as it looks very promising principally

from new technology designed to 'automatically heat' to proper vapor zone according to

individual user :-)

Silvercloud538,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
quick question on w9 tech webpage, what are the differences between the ophos and omicron v2.xx version of the kiss cart? also how is the taste and vapor production with the kiss cart? load a few dabs at a time, and pulse? and does oil cling to the sides and need to be placed back on the heater, thanks in advance

kushcabbage,
Reactions: rcflo

GR

quick question on w9 tech webpage, what are the differences between the ophos and omicron v2.xx version of the kiss cart? also how is the taste and vapor production with the kiss cart? load a few dabs at a time, and pulse? and does oil cling to the sides and need to be placed back on the heater, thanks in advance
This is the reply a few pages back I got to the same question.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/omicron-vaporizer-for-oils.4301/page-470#post-494019

GR,

Caligula

Maximus
I tried fine micron full melt the other day. It worked but it for sure started to burn residual plant matter. Whether that matters to YOU is a different matter all together though (heh).

Needless to say it's probably not good for the cart in the long run... Then again these are disposable units, no?

Caligula,
Reactions: ataxian

GHOST616

I tried fine micron full melt the other day. It worked but it for sure started to burn residual plant matter. Whether that matters to YOU is a different matter all together though (heh).

Needless to say it's probably not good for the cart in the long run... Then again these are disposable units, no?

Thanks man, I might as well find out what this things limits are.....

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Do you ever clean your KISS cart? How much d0 you load at once?

I have been working on a few technologically advance projects. (new invention)
OG FLOWERS too many. Tried of this strain. (BORED)

OK enough complaining!

K.I.S.S. cart I need to clean this morning and load some fresh material.
Little dabs is all I do!
They seem to last a long time?
Haven't weight a DAB!

Whatever it will hold without clogging the air path!

Not scientific at all however effective!

I need to get a BLACK K.I.S.S.

kamoe

all i can say is, cant know until we try it. I am now interested in the mountain cartridge. Hahaha started looking into a cartridge for the guy in Arctic circle.

I used my omicron v2 all last winter while I worked at the ski resort. It worked fine in the cold I just had to keep it warm by putting it in a pocket close to my body. The puff coat was the best insulator.

kamoe,
Reactions: ataxian

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
So, I joined the Omicron family last week. Really enjoy the device with only a couple of issues.

1. One of my batteries was DOA. Omi just flashes 3 times when I put it in. Tried charging extensively, still only flashes 3 times and refuses to work. The second battery works like a charm.

2. Even with the filling tool, I can't seem to get the original cart to fill properly. It was absolute, so that was probably the issue.

I love the kiss cart and have been using it exclusively, however would like to be able to load more for on the go ie: the original cart.

Overall, very happy.

FeelingFactory

Just got my O-Phos in the mail yesterday and had a couple questions.

I loaded the included cart with 0.75g of high grade Seedmans Haze shatter and got a few nice hits off it but now the cart seems to be broken. It doesn't get hot, if I press the button I don't see the glowing heater. I tested the cart before filling and got a few hits, so I know it wasn't DOA. I also confirmed that my empty spare cart glows, so I know it's not the battery. Is the cart dead? Is there a way to fix it? Is this common?

Also, while describing how to fill the cart at my local dispensary the budtender told me to be careful about heating BHO, especially sativas. He was saying that applying heat will cause decarboxalation and give the BHO less of a sativa buzz and more of an indica like buzz. Is he overreacting or is this a serious concern?

Not getting hot sounds like a suspicious cart, though I'm not sure if you would really see the light since material is there to cover it. Try gently heating the sides and lightly towards the bottom to ensure the load is melted down to the heater. With shatter I've had to sometimes make sure there weren't any air bubbles when loading from not using enough heat.

While heat does cause decarboxylation, this is also a generalized statement since that also depends on how much heat and how much time is involved. Since vaporizing and even combusting cause nearly instant decarbing in the air path, i.e. it gets heated anyway, this isn't necessarily a major cause for concern for some people. However, if you are using a ton of heat to load your product, it will alter the effects since thoroughly decarbing product prior to vaporizing will for sure produce a noticeably different effect, on the other hand.

Some suggest using a hair dryer to load, which controls your maximum heat used throughout the whole process. I've tried this once with stable shatter but had to finish loading it with a lighter, as it wouldn't quite melt all the way down, but I'm sure it's possible especially with slightly less stable products. Just be gentle regardless of your method and you shouldn't encounter much of a noticeable difference.

If you're a total connoisseur or are purchasing a specific concentrate for its cannabinoid profile however, then don't heat it at all prior to usage and pick up an O-Phos KISS cart.

decarboxylation-graph-1-11.jpg

For more info on decarbing, and just more info on concentrates, this was provided by
http://skunkpharmresearch.com/decarboxylation/

Last edited:
Top Bottom