Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

Silvercloud538

Confusion here @THC SCIENTIFIC : on W9Tech website ,besides the 49.99 O-Phos listing ,there's

a supplemental destruction warranty fee of $15 ,not $30 ~ which is it now ( seems if warrnty is 30

,for another 15 ya get the complete set incldng cart ,MP ,case & filler tool ) ~ should be a 15$ fee

,not 30

Silvercloud538,

FeelingFactory

Big big plans for the kiss carts guys. Just wait till you see what we got going.
Hopefully another shipment ;) The warranty checkbox required before adding to cart on the w9 site doesn't seem compatible on at least some mobile devices - and when I went to order 2 styles & colors last night from a computer since mobile hadn't been working, they showed as sold out.

Caligula

Maximus
Hopefully another shipment ;) The warranty checkbox required before adding to cart on the w9 site doesn't seem compatible on at least some mobile devices - and when I went to order 2 styles & colors last night from a computer since mobile hadn't been working, they showed as sold out.

Caligula,
Reactions: ataxian

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
You guys ever use this globe version?

It's a tube and is there a difference between this a globe and a kiss style? I know there's that "it cools the vapor" but anything other then that?

DC7A0C47-4C6F-40F0-82A9-FEC2D4720225-845-0000010089C6000D_zpsf8f6eacd.jpg

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Caligula

Maximus

It's a tube and is there a difference between this a globe and a kiss style? I know there's that "it cools the vapor" but anything other then that?

DC7A0C47-4C6F-40F0-82A9-FEC2D4720225-845-0000010089C6000D_zpsf8f6eacd.jpg

I have not but my immediate reaction would be to say that viewing vapor production is a plus. Also maybe some type of carb thing going on to get larger hits?

OF

I haven't used that one, but the general reason you do globes is to control the junk build up on the walls. That's why light bulbs are as big as they are (to keep the glass from going black from Tungsten deposits...).

I'd expect such a tube to klag up fast in a band. Have you tried it?

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Of i have tried a few globes but like we had our conversation im partial this one was a globe thats made to look like a tank been around for a few but all the same. I still think the herc is better then any wire vape.

Also quick question if I claim inconel wire does not have any chromium who would disagree?

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

Of i have tried a few globes but like we had our conversation im partial this one was a globe thats made to look like a tank been around for a few but all the same. I still think the herc is better then any wire vape.

Also quick question if I claim inconel wire does not have any chromium who would disagree?

Funny, I don't recall the conversation or the 'tank like' version of the globe. Where it really counts I'm not sure how much difference there is, I've only tried a fraction of them. I haven't tried Herc (never fired mine up) so have no comment there.

I'm not sure what you meant by the last part. I would not recommend you make the claim it's Chromium free. There must be dozens of alloys in the family, but when I went to school they all contained Chrome. Basically Nichrome base, always with some Iron (IIRC) and usually with lots of trace components. It was used in lots of places Stainless Steels now are used for, but still serious contenders in some high temperature uses.

Good, traditional choice for heaters. More expensive and harder to deal with than traditional Nichrome IIRC.

But if you said Iconel has no Chrome, expect lots of us to disagree?

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Funny, I don't recall the conversation or the 'tank like' version of the globe. Where it really counts I'm not sure how much difference there is, I've only tried a fraction of them. I haven't tried Herc (never fired mine up) so have no comment there.

I'm not sure what you meant by the last part. I would not recommend you make the claim it's Chromium free. There must be dozens of alloys in the family, but when I went to school they all contained Chrome. Basically Nichrome base, always with some Iron (IIRC) and usually with lots of trace components. It was used in lots of places Stainless Steels now are used for, but still serious contenders in some high temperature uses.

Good, traditional choice for heaters. More expensive and harder to deal with than traditional Nichrome IIRC.

But if you said Iconel has no Chrome, expect lots of us to disagree?

OF

well you know my approach to things minimalist as much as possible.

The internals are what matters and we discussed it with the kiss style carts so i doubt the globe makes it any better or worse.

But yes i would disagree about the chromium as well since inconel contains chromium. Just wanted to check on this since i see a manufacturer now claiming chromium free.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: rcflo

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Working on something better. If it pans out we have it in maybe third and fourth gen.

@Caligula I don't know who's using what but unless I'm proven wrong only Ti 6Al-4V also known as grade 5 contains vanadium and bunch of other things it is the only one that can be used as heaters. Unless I'm proven wrong. That is why you don't see anyone claiming any grades as they can't. Think about it.

You have titanium coil wouldn't you put out paperwork certifying the grade?

Last edited:

Caligula

Maximus
So I assume since the coil in the SR71 doesn't get directly heated, its okay for the application?

Caligula,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
So I assume since the coil in the SR71 doesn't get directly heated, its okay for the application?

The coil in the Herc is currently stainless and the new coils will be grade 1 CP like grade 2 in all the nails but little softer.

And yes since the stainless coils does not reach the catastrophic temperatures it's totally safe.

OF

I'm more worried about chromium less Inconel and Ti grade 5 coils.

I guess I don't follow that, if you're worried about Chrome how does alloying it with some Nickle and other stuff change that? These are metal alloys, not chemical compounds. Mixing Tin in with the Lead in solder doesn't change the Lead risk, right?

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I guess I don't follow that, if you're worried about Chrome how does alloying it with some Nickle and other stuff change that? These are metal alloys, not chemical compounds. Mixing Tin in with the Lead in solder doesn't change the Lead risk, right?

OF

That is the assumption but then again some people like to say otherwise since we know that's not uncommon.

Remember your words OF

God builds the perfect idiot each passing second.

Stay tuned you'll like Gen 2 kiss.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: exit

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Omicron users your day may have come. Testing titanium grade 2 kiss carts as we speak. That's right grade 2 no one else can claim this. Guaranteed grade 2 heaters. Coming soon.

Enjoy your holidays. Now it's time to support and help us achieve this goals the more people know the faster we can do it.

Omicron Vaporizer #1 for a reason.

Spread the word.

Last edited:

OF

Omicron users your day may have come. Testing titanium grade 2 kiss carts as we speak. That's right grade 2 no one else can claim this. Guaranteed grade 2 heaters. Coming soon.

And what, specifically, is the advantage of grade 2?

As I see it, this application doesn't take advantage of the properties available over other Ti materials. Most of the whiz bang material science stuff (tensile strength, extreme temperatures, corrosion resistance and so on) are not useful here, and in fact seeing as how the important points are probably workability of the wire (ability to cold form without stresses) and weldability I think, other grades might actually be better? Or at least not worse. In general you pick a material to match a mission not just because it's the 'in vogue' one?

So, why grade 2? TIA

OF

OF,
Top Bottom