Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

lockie

Great to hear about the news about Herc and hope we'll all be able to buy it soon haha

I've bought the v2.5 top for omicron black matte 3.7 and got a free replacement for it since it stopped heating up any of my cartridges after a couple weeks but the original still seems to work fine. Now within 2 months of getting that replacement, this one stopped working as well. I've tried to use the turn on/off method multiple times as well as recharging both batteries to full charge. I haven't got any response from the delta website after a few days wait so I guess I'm just shit outta luck?

So anyways, I was just wondering if this was a common issue for the v2.5 top and if I should even bother with buying another one just in case I've just had a bad run or something.

All things aside, I hope for a speedy release to the hercules! :D

lockie,

DubCRider

^ call in to the shop and ask, You may have an email response in your junk folder. It's an email system.

DubCRider,

VAPORIZER22

G,

I might have missed the info somewhere in the thread, when can we send in our chrome HVD's for replacement?

Thanks

VAPORIZER22,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
we have made improvements on the v2 tops and applied it to the replacements, we apologize any issues this has caused, and we shall have the replacement tops here that will be much stronger and able to handle the power people need running 1.5's or even the Hercules.

Please remember guys we made the system modular so that we can upgrade it more easily.

Vaporizer22 we have not announced the chrome HVD replacements just yet but will do it in a week or two.

Alpha Supreme is going to be a portable Desk Top unit. it will have about 5 times more battery life then the Persei at 7.4v.

Alpha Supreme is going to be a portable Desk Top unit. it will have about 5 times more battery life then the Persei at 7.4v.
So this will be the aborted contest design? i.e. quad 26650s in paired series-parallel for 7.4v, like you asked for in the contest description?

Maybe instead of "portable desktop", a clearer description might be "battery powered desktop"? Maybe not :)

-NDA

Nick Again,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
So this will be the aborted contest design? i.e. quad 26650s in paired series-parallel for 7.4v, like you asked for in the contest description?

Maybe instead of "portable desktop", a clearer description might be "battery powered desktop"? Maybe not :)

-NDA

Not aborted brotha, no one wanted to do build a design. We already have a design and had it for a long while, we just wanted to get people involved a start a innovation trend.

Also a 4 x 26650 is to massive, we decided to use a 2 x 26650 IMR 4000 mah batteries. This is enough to run a bender for about 5-8 bowls, a hercules for a while, and even a 1200F Hammer.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

kittyboy

ok guys dont forget,

Im going to be at Sparc Sf on Saturday 10-27-12 3-6pm for our little meet and greet, come by and check out our little toys and maybe even try out the Hercules and Iris.

Will wait for reviews on Herc from meet greet this weekend then decide if it is the tool for me. Sounds good but having feedback from board will be worth it. enjoy folks no cookies just vape.....:tup:

kittyboy,

Skeena

Standing stone faced like a statue.
So I got an omicron at a new omicron at a good price(hooray wholesale)

But when I went to oxidize the cart I didn't notice the red glow but I did feel the cart getting warm. As it was the only cart I could use I put in about .8-1g of cherry oil(this was 2 days ago) and I am only getting small wispy clouds. I tried hooting very lightly at 1st because I was scared to clog it up, I think sucking a little harder helps but im still not getting good hits.

Was the cart faulty? Should I try and get a new cart and refill it?

Skeena,

Skeena

wow grammar problems in that sentence(cant find edit button...)

Skeena,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
So I got an omicron at a new omicron at a good price(hooray wholesale)

are others (like me) available to get this good price??? if so, are you willing to share the information on how i can get it at a good price too??

mmenzie,

OF

But when I went to oxidize the cart I didn't notice the red glow but I did feel the cart getting warm. As it was the only cart I could use I put in about .8-1g of cherry oil(this was 2 days ago) and I am only getting small wispy clouds.

Was the cart faulty? Should I try and get a new cart and refill it?

First off, I seriously advise against 'oxidizing' the cart. This goes directly against the 'don't run them dry' advice. You can not only burn it out but can also melt the seals where the heater leads go through them leading to leaks later. For that reason alone you might consider replacing it?

IMO the 'nasty taste' issue was 'much ado about nothing', or noting really lasting or important anyway. I know flames will come for that but I point to the fact that D9 is not publishing instructions for this questionable practice. I was actually part of the famous 'pre oxidized cart test', while the taste for the first few hits may have been (a little) better, all four of the four I tested later got leaks that caused me to reclaim the oil.....a rare event for me. These were done by the experts at D9 (then THC) under controlled conditions....and it didn't work.

You've also loaded too much, the current recommendation is half a gram at most. If it was working well, it'd probably be leaking out the bottom because of that.

Since you're getting some vapor, the cart is not defective in a broad sense. My guess is you had a loading problem and there's now an air bubble trapped under the load above the wicks. Did you follow the instructions (specifically preheating the center of the cart)? You may be able to salvage it by careful heating to 'melt it down' but you have to be careful of the seals at the bottom. Keep your fingers on the bottom 1/4 of so and don't let it get past 'awfully warm'.

Good luck, but it sounds like a loading problem from here.

OF

Skeena

I think it has been past awfully warm when I was using it, and I was giving it breaks in between.

It got pretty warm when I was trying to prime it like some videos showed.

Skeena,

OF

I think it has been past awfully warm when I was using it, and I was giving it breaks in between.

It got pretty warm when I was trying to prime it like some videos showed.

The issue is heat at the seals. When it's in use the socket sinks heat away from the seals (which rest against the screw connector at the bottom.

We have to get it feeding to determine if it's going to leak when primed properly.

Advice stands.

OF

OF,

Skeena

The cart does not leak, I tried heating it up again to try and remove possible air bubbles(with a lighter) and I am still getting barely any vapor. I also tried the unclogging techniques to no avail(cart still heats)

Skeena,

OF

The cart does not leak, I tried heating it up again to try and remove possible air bubbles(with a lighter) and I am still getting barely any vapor. I also tried the unclogging techniques to no avail(cart still heats)

Again, if it's not feeding oil to the wicks I wouldn't expect a leak (it has to get there first). Leaks come later, after the wicks are 'swimming in hot oil'. Randomly heating it may not do the deed either, it takes following the drill. Getting it hot enough below the oil before melting it down. Otherwise the air bubble stays where it is as you might expect. Nor will unplugging techniques help much if there's nothing there to unplug. Your problem sounds like wicks that aren't primed, probably a loading error.

You've got an 'airlock' deal going I think. If you don't heat it from the bottom up there's little hope of clearing it. The gap between the heater body and the tube wall is pretty narrow, which is, I think, the problem here. Preheating the center section then melting the goods so they can run straight down to the bottom of the well is the idea. Done right you can actually feel the hot oil 'drop down' through your fingers, the bottom of the cart gets warmer as it arrives.

At this point it might be better to salvage the oil and try again with a fresh 2.4 Ohm cart? I would not heat it dry. Otherwise follow the instructions on the D9 site and you should get the same results are 'everyone else' I'd think?

But I think if the cart is getting warm and what little oil that makes it to the wicks gets vaped off to give those weak hits you can't ask much more from the cart. No heat or vapor would indicate bad heaters.

OF

OF,

rcflo

Have you tried a multimeter? If not, i would suggest testing your cart for its resistance. I had a 2.4 read out 4 ohms, that gave me similar consistent weak hits. obviously too high a resistance for ample current draw for omi's 3.7v, could be from a bad batch or something went wrong down the manufacturing line. Good luck

rcflo,

Krazzykid

First off, I seriously advise against 'oxidizing' the cart. This goes directly against the 'don't run them dry' advice. You can not only burn it out but can also melt the seals where the heater leads go through them leading to leaks later. For that reason alone you might consider replacing it?

I think the confusion is coming from the D9 website. Under extract cartridges it says "MUST BE OXIDIZED PRIOR TO USE (see instructions tab)"
In the instructions on the site for the omicron it says "Hold the Omicron v2.5 on/off button for five seconds then release.
During this step, look down the center air tube to ensure element
is glowing red at the bottom of air tube ensuring cartridge is good" Almost identical in the persei instructions as well.

I know that most everyone in here has concluded that it is a bad idea but the website is still directing people to do it.

For future reference, skeena and everyone else, it IS a bad idea and can lead to problems like OF said.
Follow his directions and you will be up and running, no "flying" in no time

OF

I think the confusion is coming from the D9 website. Under extract cartridges it says "MUST BE OXIDIZED PRIOR TO USE (see instructions tab)"
In the instructions on the site for the omicron it says "Hold the Omicron v2.5 on/off button for five seconds then release.
During this step, look down the center air tube to ensure element
is glowing red at the bottom of air tube ensuring cartridge is good" Almost identical in the persei instructions as well.

I know that most everyone in here has concluded that it is a bad idea but the website is still directing people to do it.

For future reference, skeena and everyone else, it IS a bad idea and can lead to problems like OF said.
Follow his directions and you will be up and running, no "flying" in no time

Excellent point! Does 'outside' folks no good for us to keep it secret.

So, G or DubC, ya got your ears on? Is it fair to suggest this note get removed, unless we're all wet or the goal is to sell more carts........

Thanks.

OF

DubCRider

No idea, don't shoot the messenger. I doubt it's to sell more carts. I still "check for the glow" with no issues.

DubCRider,

OF

No idea, don't shoot the messenger. I doubt it's to sell more carts. I still "check for the glow" with no issues.

Of course not, the 'sell more carts' is jerking G's chain.

'Check for the glow' (a few seconds at most) is probably OK, but not definitive. If you see it, great, but some don't seem to show it and yet are just fine. And at best you can only see one of the two heaters. That is half the failures will still pass the 'glow test'. Sometimes you do get a dud. I got tired of checking them and stopped. Then, of course, I got one with only one good heater I had to drain again. That one turned out to have no vape heater at all, you could look down the tube and see daylight coming in the vent tube at the bottom. I usually measure resistance now, but think the reject rate is really pretty small. If I don't have a meter handy, I just use the cart and take my chances. I don't want to damage it even a little bit running it dry.

The big problem is, I think, trying to oxidize the heater. To do that you have to get it real hot for many seconds. Not only does that put the seals at risk (leaks later) but you run the risk of burning the element out in the process of 'fixing' it.

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Don't forget guys tomorrow 3-6pm at Sparc collective in San francisco meet
And greet.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
Sorry I'll miss your smiling face, but have a wedding to attend.
Good place for lots of new converts I expect.
Good luck!

Sinclue,
Top Bottom