Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

jon_dojah

Now as I'm using my Omicron V2 (its been a minute) I'm starting to miss the feel of the HVD's click to power on function. I remember reading awhile ago that the updated HVD top will function as a hybrid of V2+HVD. Is this accurate?

jon_dojah,

MaxVapor

The Professor
Now as I'm using my Omicron V2 (its been a minute) I'm starting to miss the feel of the HVD's click to power on function. I remember reading awhile ago that the updated HVD top will function as a hybrid of V2+HVD. Is this accurate?

I think the new HVD will be press and hold for on, not click on/ click off. I like the click on/off too, but I think he also said that the old tops will lose their warrantee if you decide to keep it.

MaxVapor,

druminfected

guys im sorry but only send in black HVD's for now.

sounds good G, so just return the tube and top and should we include our email associated with the D9V account as well on a piece of paper included with the tube and top? Just want to make this as easy as possible for you and D9V.

also I wanted to know if u will be ever selling those battery spaces that came with the HVD upgrade? I torn my room apart looking for my second one thank buddha, but wanted to just know in case I do lose it.

druminfected,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
yes we will have it online when i get back, and send tube and top only

THC SCIENTIFIC,

NoName

guys im sorry but only send in black HVD's for now.

G:
Nuts! My chrome HVD top and tube are already in the mail. I originally had a Black HVD that was exchanged by D9V for the chrome version when there were threading problems encountered when trying to 'mate' Black HVD components to chrome Omi V2's. Does this incompatibility still exist, or can 'black' and 'chrome' be mated? If need be, I can certainly wait until the chrome HVD's are available. Have a great vacation -and if there's room for one more at October's 'meet and greet'-hope to meet fellow FCR's.
NoName

NoName,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
G:
Nuts! My chrome HVD top and tube are already in the mail. I originally had a Black HVD that was exchanged by D9V for the chrome version when there were threading problems encountered when trying to 'mate' Black HVD components to chrome Omi V2's. Does this incompatibility still exist, or can 'black' and 'chrome' be mated? If need be, I can certainly wait until the chrome HVD's are available. Have a great vacation -and if there's room for one more at October's 'meet and greet'-hope to meet fellow FCR's.
NoName

Thats fine if you sent the chrome HVD we will just replace it when we have the chromes in mid to late october.

As for the meet and greet its open to anyone that wants to come.

OF

Swell, DubC and I were going to sell tickets. Too late to split it with you?

Maybe we could just sell secret maps to the location.....naw, you'll spill the beans there too if I know you....

OF

OF,

GReYAReA

Amid The Vapors...
Guys, I have a question. I've finally had access to PG and am using it in my Omicron 2.4ohm Cart. I also am running it in my REV. The same PG tastes harsh through the Omicron, but very smooth in the Rev. Can anyone tell me why or what I'm doing wrong? I've had 1.5 grams (.5 at a time) in this cart, no leaks, careful hitting. Hits well, but now it burns every time, even when taking small pulls. I don't think it did that at first but am not 100% sure...

Is it because the oil is getting nasty, or maybe burning too hot or something? My cart is full now and I don't want to waste it.

GReYAReA,

OF

Is it because the oil is getting nasty, or maybe burning too hot or something? My cart is full now and I don't want to waste it.

I've seen it too, something seems to happen in the cart along the way (my guess is the preheat station?) and it tastes off from then on. It could have to do with deposits on the heater itself (I lost track of the one I was going to open and check for this).

Revolution/DART doesn't have preheat of course. And the heater isn't a tiny little thing that can get much hotter quickly. In that system, I think, the entire load stays under vaping temperature until the end.

I'm not sure what triggers it, sometimes I've gone through a couple of half grams before it happens (or leaks set in). The taste I'll put up with to a point, leaks are another matter.

OF

OF,

GReYAReA

Amid The Vapors...
Thank you OF. It is good to know its probably just the oil; I can live with it for now. I was afraid the cart was bad.

GReYAReA,

OF

Thank you OF. It is good to know its probably just the oil; I can live with it for now. I was afraid the cart was bad.

You're welcome. Can't be sure, I never drained one....or had one 'get better'.

FWIW when putting in half grams at $40 a pop I consider the $10 cart expendable. Sometime I ran 'em down and refilled with cheaper concentrate (if they weren't leaking), sometimes I just ran them dry and dumped 'em.

OF

OF,

smoke dust

Thats fine if you sent the chrome HVD we will just replace it when we have the chromes in mid to late october.

by HVD do you mean i can just send in my black persei without the batteries inside it with the top that holds 1 cartridge to you guys for an upgraded persei?

smoke dust,

DubCRider

HVD is an attachment for the Omicron v2 to make it in to a mini Persei. I don't think there is an upgrade program for Persei but I have been wrong in the past.

DubCRider,
Reactions: OF

CJWOLT

Just got my omicron back from repairs. Im very excited going to heard over to the club and pick up some new oil.

How long should i leave the batteries in for their first charge?

CJWOLT,

GR

I have been absent for awhile so I would like some FC community help since G is on vacation I believe.

I see it is time to send in the HVD top for replacement with the short tube. I understand sending in the top but I am confused about sending the short tube in since I can use the bottom cap tightness just fine to align the button and logo. So is it mandatory to send in the bottom tube? and Will this help in anyway to make the HVD top align with my long tube? That is the one that is so off that it actually bothers me and really not that much, it is a tool not a fashion statement for me.

Bottom line question, is it mandatory to send the short tube in with the HVD top?

GR,

stray201

Got my Omicron 2.5 from PV (awesome service btw, will definitely order from them again) about 10 days ago, and after blowing out 1 cart extracting some wax after a botched load, I managed to get loaded up and puffing. The learning curve is there, but it's not huge. Really satisfied with my purchase.

Quick question though. One of the carts I got for free from PV heats up, but I can't see the element glowing. I'm hesitant to load this one up as I'm not sure if it's dead or not. It's the old style of cart with no labeling on it, if that makes a difference. Can you always see the element glowing in a working cartridge, or is the fact that it heats up enough of an indicator that it works?

DubCRider

If it heats up you should be fine. Be sure it's getting hot on the bottom too, not just the middle.

DubCRider,

Fire Bad!

I have been absent for awhile so I would like some FC community help since G is on vacation I believe.

I see it is time to send in the HVD top for replacement with the short tube. I understand sending in the top but I am confused about sending the short tube in since I can use the bottom cap tightness just fine to align the button and logo. So is it mandatory to send in the bottom tube? and Will this help in anyway to make the HVD top align with my long tube? That is the one that is so off that it actually bothers me and really not that much, it is a tool not a fashion statement for me.

Bottom line question, is it mandatory to send the short tube in with the HVD top?

I have been waiting patiently for the HVD top replacement and am a bit confused as to which tube to send in. It makes more sense to replace the long original V2 tube to correct the logo location. A pic would be great to show us what the new tube looks like and if it is worth sending in your old tube :). Not sure if I want to be without my tube just to get a logo fix but if you could make it into a 14500 size battery tube that would be cool! (Thanks OF for the battery recommendation).

Also did G forget :) about the option to purchase both HVD tops as was stated in these quotes below or has this changed and we no longer can purchase the Click On/Off tops?

HVD update we will offer to types.

Tops with Momentary button

and

Tops with Click on/off.

We have the final prototypes and are testing them now, the top is a little bit longer but has better internals. The button action is just like the omicron and if you want to buy the click on click off top that will be separate as that is what people wanted.
We have not forgotten please dont worry.

Sorry for the long post. I can wait for G to come back from vacation to find out more info but figured I would ask if anyone knows as I have been away for a while.
TIA:)

Fire Bad!,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
the HVD Tops and the mini tubes that came with the HVD kit needs to be sent back in to be switched out.

The click on click off tops will be available later on, we want to fix one issue at a time.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw
Top Bottom