Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

OF

I too tend to file 'facts' away in groups. This one obviously passed 'interesting, maybe useful' but was short of 'solid data from a reliable source' or I'd have a tighter lock on it and a different take.

Right now, my take is this is not the issue. G can set us straight on this detail, I hope?

Hey, Bob, I think I just remember where I heard it. It was on the Atmos RAW discussion I think. Does that make sense to you? I still think the guy to set us on or off this trail is G.

thanks
how does the auto off work?? is it worth it or should I just get the button

I've not seen this one, but the general technique is to sense airflow into the cart. The to little holes above the threads are blocked so all the air has to come up the center from the battery. Seems to work OK for the e-cig guys.

OF

OF,

OF

guys i swear to you, and i am being as honest as i can be, there is not pg or other liquids on the wick when it is shipped to me. It is dry as dry can be.

Thanks for the confirmation, Big Guy. That makes LOTS of sense. Dumb you're not. Sneaky maybe, twisted no doubt about it, but no where near dumb as I see it.....

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Thanks for the confirmation, Big Guy. That makes LOTS of sense. Dumb you're not. Sneaky maybe, twisted no doubt about it, but no where near dumb as I see it.....

OF

Eh i have heard worse.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
No worries, but that part is important. G alone is in a position to tell us for sure what is or is not being put in on purpose.
Right now, my take is this is not the issue. G can set us straight on this detail, I hope?
Hey, Bob, I think I just remember where I heard it. It was on the Atmos RAW discussion I think. Does that make sense to you? I still think the guy to set us on or off this trail is G.
OF

guys i swear to you, and i am being as honest as i can be, there is not pg or other liquids on the wick when it is shipped to me. It is dry as dry can be.

can we get a clear once and for all explanation of what IS happening w/ the pre-oxidizing and odor?
if it's not silica or pg or anything else.
have been defending these carts taste issues for awhile now and would like to have some more ammo

Bob Loblaw,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
can we get a clear once and for all explanation of what IS happening w/ the pre-oxidizing and odor?
if it's not silica or pg or anything else.
have been defending these carts taste issues for awhile now and would like to have some more ammo

The taste issue is the wire, that is all. One person dubbed it a machine oil taste and it just caught on, there is no machine oil, there is no pg/vg, it is just the wire oxidizing. We already introduced the pre oxidizing carts to our line up, I just dont know whats what anymore because our in house engineer went ahead and implemented this without waiting for feedback from the testers, so we do have oxidized carts in the mix, just dont know whats what anymore because we didnt follow FIFO rules.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

JoeKickass

The taste issue is the wire, that is all. One person dubbed it a machine oil taste and it just caught on, there is no machine oil, there is no pg/vg, it is just the wire oxidizing. We already introduced the pre oxidizing carts to our line up, I just dont know whats what anymore because our in house engineer went ahead and implemented this without waiting for feedback from the testers, so we do have oxidized carts in the mix, just dont know whats what anymore because we didnt follow FIFO rules.

Well although he may have broken your rules, having more pre-oxidized carts is always a good thing...

Hopefully the remaining un-oxidized ones will go to people who treat them right...

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
thanks for clearing that up boss, ;) you'd be amazed at what rumors run around
on here when you leave for a few days ;) sooo excited for my o-phoses (o-phosi?)
and hammer is already on pre-order.

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: OF

OF

Absolutely! Of course we can. How stupid of me not to think of it. Talk about mind blocked. Capture the gas and feed it to your friendly neighborhood Gas Chromatograph! You know the 'tool' they use to find the odd few molecules of some drug in a strand of your hair? It won't name the poison, but it will tell you it's atomic mass. And it will give you the elemental fractions (look for the metals in the heater and so on).

Easy, sensitive and precise.

I no longer have access to such gear, but it's 'all over'........

Why not bring science in on THC Scientific's problem???

Bob, yer great....sometimes. Please keep it up.

you'd be amazed at what rumors run around
on here when you leave for a few days ;)

Right on on that. Doesn't take us long to pool our collective ignorance and go racing off does it? Pretty soon guys are making decisions on false 'facts'. "Must be true, I read it on the web somewhere..."

OF

Good thing testing is going good then.... I reported on 1st cart a ways back, but cart #2 is going well(instant SD flavor), about to fill #3, and will share my findings from the first 3 in the Persei thread.

havealight101,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

OF

Well although he may have broken your rules, having more pre-oxidized carts is always a good thing...

Sorry, I can't agree, this is not a 'the end justifies the means' moment. This is 'loose cannon' action. Exceeding one's authority and possibly making a difficult (and expensive) research project invalid. It was not his job to do so it seems.

I know nothing of the details, of course, but if he did cleanly violate policy (which it seems) IMO his in line for time on the beach or being made available to the industry.....not knighthood.

Discipline is key in such cases, it's the company's eggs in the basket, not yours. Period. You take the man's money, you ride for the brand.

anyone in cali have access to one of these labs?

Probably no more than ten or 20 thousand folks? The gear is pretty common, gas chromatography has been a tool for a long time. It's used in Carbon dating for instance. And drug busts. And basic research. I use to use it's first cousin, RGA (Residual Gas Analyzer) routinely for finding vacuum leaks, had two in my shop, several more in the next building. You'd need to add a vacuum pump to do this job with that gear, but any one of these could have done this at least up to atomic masses in the low hundreds (would ID most metals). Machines with longer ranges abound.

I'd suggest asking the QC engineer for a reference?

I'm not sure what it would tell you you don't know besides stuff like confirming it's not machine oil, PG or VG (there'd be no 'crack products', random hydrocarbon bits, with metal oxides). And that there is nickle, iron and other metals in there.....

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Sorry, I can't agree, this is not a 'the end justifies the means' moment. This is 'loose cannon' action. Exceeding one's authority and possibly making a difficult (and expensive) research project invalid. It was not his job to do so it seems.

I know nothing of the details, of course, but if he did cleanly violate policy (which it seems) IMO his in line for time on the beach or being made available to the industry.....not knighthood.

Discipline is key in such cases, it's the company's eggs in the basket, not yours. Period. You take the man's money, you ride for the brand.

OF

I agree with this, we cant release items without testing.

OF

I agree with this, we cant release items without testing.

Sure you can (and did it seems), but it's sure not responsible to customers nor the kind of thing one does if one wants to stay in business for a while......

Keep a steady hand on that helm, Cap'n, still some rough weather ahead.

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Sure you can (and did it seems), but it's sure not responsible to customers nor the kind of thing one does if one wants to stay in business for a while......

Keep a steady hand on that helm, Cap'n, still some rough weather ahead.

OF

I hear ya, gotta get back to work you know, need to design some way to control the heat on the 8, its not like we can wrap it up, its a never ending process.

OF

I hear ya, gotta get back to work you know, need to design some way to control the heat on the 8, its not like we can wrap it up, its a never ending process.

Agreed. "Never ending process" is it, even when the design is solid it needs to be maintained over time....

So you've got a lot of balls in the air? Juggle on, about all you can do. Can't be setting balls down, or letting them go. You know what they say about diplomacy, "it's the fine art of keeping five balls in the air without loosing yours".

Still juggling?

Regards.

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Agreed. "Never ending process" is it, even when the design is solid it needs to be maintained over time....

So you've got a lot of balls in the air? Juggle on, about all you can do. Can't be setting balls down, or letting them go. You know what they say about diplomacy, "it's the fine art of keeping five balls in the air without loosing yours".

Still juggling?

Regards.

OF

No my friend, diplomacy is making sure that the wife of the other guy is keeping her eyes on your juggling not your balls. You know how wars start right?

Now thats diplomacy.

Blue Dream

thanks for clearing that up boss, ;) you'd be amazed at what rumors run around
on here when you leave for a few days ;) sooo excited for my o-phoses (o-phosi?)
and hammer is already on pre-order.
The Hammer pre-order is for the Persei and not the V2, correct?

Blue Dream,
Top Bottom