Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

Vitolo

Vaporist
Now that I am a fairly "adept" Omicronian, I have a question that must be posed.
I have had no obvious leaks. My Hash oil is a hard resin, that does turn liquid when heated.
Today when I removed cart to charge battery, I saw the tar like oil on the cart bottom.
dsc00370i.jpg

The hole was clearly visible, and it was much less than a "drop". A tissue, dampened barely with alcohol removed this residual oil.
My next product up for placement in a cartridge makes me slightly nervous.
DSC00304.jpg

It is the middle vial. It is ear wax... Alaskan Ice. It is solid, and is pliable, not all that hard to work with... in fact, rather than melt it, I could get it into a cart, by scooping little sections, and dropping them in the sides of cart as little "balls'. My concern is that when I took a touch of the Ear Wax and put it on foil to "test" it and get one tiny taste... I noticed that the stuff liquifies MUCH faster than hash oil...
and is VERY liquid and viscous when it is warmed.
I do not use any other tool, and have none, for concentrates.
QUESTION-
Do I run a very high risk of losing my Alaskan Ice Gram, due to leakage if I fill it into a cart?

Vitolo,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Vitolo said:
My Hash oil is a hard resin, that does turn liquid when heated.

That's a real good news for us of have mostly those resines or those which turn "half liquid"... The Omicron I'll get soon will be so usefull! :D You hear that DubC! ;)

FLskwat,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
TracyLee said:
Vitolo - loving the log, and glad it's working for you!

I was successful with my first outing tailgating. I was a little shy and did have edibles with me. I did pull it out in the open when the grills and cigaretts started giving me a headache. Reason I medicate in the first place. I just like to relax a little too. Tried it once in the bathroom too during the game....wigged myself out and put it back.

Next weekend is Bridge School concert on Saturday and tailgating again on Sunday...woohoo!

cool, dont worry no one will notice. We are headed to the bridge benefit both days fun fun....

ran out the first cart of nitroOG. Time to load another.

been enjoying the blueberry wax. its got an interesting flavor and there is some subtle blueberry in there but its real subtle. its not the like the straight up lemon from the NitroOG.

ru_frothi,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Vitolo said:
Do I run a very high risk of losing my Alaskan Ice Gram, due to leakage if I fill it into a cart?

In my experience no. Those waxes primed really easily compared to the hash oil and they worked fine for me once I figured out to pull harder.

The leakage you see out the bottom is what I was experiencing a lot on the first 4 carts but haven't had any real issues like that since I started hitting it a lot harder. So far I know myself, tracylee, 408grow, DubC and a few others around here have tried 10+ different earwaxes (CO2 extract, o2 extract and Nitrogen extract) and all have worked well. reports from Tracy seem to be the 02 extract are the hardest to get primed and G seem to indicate shatter glass is also really hard to prime.

Who knows maybe thats why you have to draw a little harder with the earwaxes (since they flow so well). The nitroOG seems the thinnest of what I tried and I get good vapor on my first press and full vapor on my 2nd. certainly not hard to prime and get rolling.

I have some durban posion full melt here thats just amazing. I'm tempted to try that.

ru_frothi,

TracyLee

Do I have a clog? Wasn't hitting.....so I gave it a few primes without inhaling. Vapor came out where the battery screws into the cart. I didn't have the cover on, saw right away. I was hitting it earlier today and it worked fine. It's my Sour Diesel wax.

Put t down and walked away...

TracyLee,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I found that the cone being on does restrict the draw a tiny bit which is good. This also helps produce some better vapor in ecigs.....
I did notice today that with the cone off, I primed a bit faster. I think that for the priming perhaps an easier draw (from the vents at bottom screwin area) makes the prim easier.
I noticed a correlation to this "venting" effect with a viscous fluid (like before pop tops, we had to pop two holes in a soda can)
If I leave the cone off for my hit... There is more seepage out the bottom hole during the cooling.....
with the cone on there is less.
I am just "itching" to get started with the next concentrate...
I have a putty that can be handled carefully, that can be rolled into skinny snakes, which I will try to string down into the cartridges sides!
(we shall see... wont try today)

Vitolo,

Adobewan

THC,
Check you're e-mail, I know you get a lot of them.
I sent over your request.

Adobewan,

TracyLee

Well, played with the XXX Oxygen again tonight. It's a tuff one. It worked....little bit of work though. I did some priming while hitting. Priming with just the button, etc etc. It would work once or twice then stop....repeatly. Seems it needs to stay hot...once it cools down, I need to start over. Again while priming just hitting the button smoke came out near the battery screw in area....well, I hit that thing and got a few great hits until it cooled down again.

I need to try the concentrate that doesn't leak or make my head spin from priming just to get some heavy hits...lol

hummm....Nitro OG....where are you?

---Tracy

...waiting to get sleepy

TracyLee,

Vitolo

Vaporist
If you get vapor near battery... wait until unit is very cool.
try wiping cart bottom with qtip BARELY moist with iso, and do same to same in Battery post.
This may help.

Vitolo,

408_Grow

rufrothy said:
Vitolo said:

In my experience no. Those waxes primed really easily compared to the hash oil and they worked fine for me once I figured out to pull harder.

The leakage you see out the bottom is what I was experiencing a lot on the first 4 carts but haven't had any real issues like that since I started hitting it a lot harder. So far I know myself, tracylee, 408grow, DubC and a few others around here have tried 10+ different earwaxes (CO2 extract, o2 extract and Nitrogen extract) and all have worked well. reports from Tracy seem to be the 02 extract are the hardest to get primed and G seem to indicate shatter glass is also really hard to prime.

Who knows maybe thats why you have to draw a little harder with the earwaxes (since they flow so well). The nitroOG seems the thinnest of what I tried and I get good vapor on my first press and full vapor on my 2nd. certainly not hard to prime and get rolling.

I have some durban posion full melt here thats just amazing. I'm tempted to try that.

I too agree with you. We have all together tried many concentrates and some work better than others but overall alot DO work. I dont think VITOLO will lose your extract but i highly recommend trying only half at first. My GDP c02 worked flawlessly and gave me great hits where as my SpaceJill Oil barely gave me vapors and took a long time to get priming. Waxes are definitely my favorite type for this device. I am pretty sure that the FullMelt will also work if I am not mistaken. I am looking forward to hearing about it, that is, if you try it. As for TRACY LEE, dont be too shy...especially around those nasty cigarette smokers. Yesterday i was at the Old Wagon (local bar/restaurant) and i was sitting outside watching the sharks game while everyone was smoking cigarettes. I pulled my little Omicron out and started going to town. No one looked, no one asked. I am not recommending use in public because I am a patient and we do have rules, i am just saying it has been done. (I want to see when someone will tell me something actually :p)

408_Grow,

408_Grow

TracyLee said:
Do I have a clog? Wasn't hitting.....so I gave it a few primes without inhaling. Vapor came out where the battery screws into the cart. I didn't have the cover on, saw right away. I was hitting it earlier today and it worked fine. It's my Sour Diesel wax.

Put t down and walked away...

I have not heard of anyone talking about vapor coming out from the battery section. Might want to look into that a bit more. Anyone else chime in on this??:uhoh:

408_Grow,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Thanks for all the feedback guys, if anyone has any issues please contact support@thcscientific.com if you got it from us, or planetvape support if you got it from them. We are here for the long haul and have exciting products coming out, we are going through the testing phase at the moment more to come.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

408_Grow

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
Thanks for all the feedback guys, if anyone has any issues please contact support@thcscientific.com if you got it :peace:from us, or planetvape support if you got it from them. We are here for the long haul and have exciting products coming out, we are going through the testing phase at the moment more to come.
:cool: can't wait! keep us updated!

408_Grow,

VirginHarvester

THC Scientific, a few questions:

1) Where can I order one? I live in California.

2) How do I make certain I get the new cartridges to fill myself?

3) What substances can I load into the cartridges, hash oil, THC Gold, all waxes?

4) How do you know when a cartridge is spent?

Thanks for the help.

VH

VirginHarvester,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
VirginHarvester said:

3) What substances can I load into the cartridges, hash oil, THC Gold, all waxes?

Thanks for the help.

VH

1. you can buy em from THC Scientific or from one of their resellers or local dispensaries.

http://www.delta9vapes.com/ or http://www.planetvape.ca/ or a coop in your area might carry them. There are places in the bay area and so cal and sac that I know of.

2. The kit I ordered from delta9vapes (aka. THC Scientific) came with 5 brand new carts that you fill yourself. local coop here sells em the same way.

3. hash oil, thc gold, bho, nitroOg and lots of Waxes have been used effectively. G can comment on the few that he's had some issues getting primed. everything I've tried has primed easily.

4. when vapor stops coming out of it then its empty and you discard the cartridge. many of us have been using our scales to give a good estimate as to the current level of concentrate left in the cartridge. refill at your own risk.

ru_frothi,

408_Grow

nice info Rufrothy..did you ever try the full melt?..I just loaded up some incredible hulk..wax I believe? Can't recall but it is pretty good stuff.

408_Grow,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
rufrothy said:
VirginHarvester said:

Thanks for the help.

VH

1. you can buy em from THC Scientific or from one of their resellers or local dispensaries.

http://www.delta9vapes.com/ or http://www.planetvape.ca/ or a coop in your area might carry them. There are places in the bay area and so cal and sac that I know of.

2. The kit I ordered from delta9vapes (aka. THC Scientific) came with 5 brand new carts that you fill yourself. local coop here sells em the same way.

3. hash oil, thc gold, bho, nitroOg and lots of Waxes have been used effectively. G can comment on the few that he's had some issues getting primed. everything I've tried has primed easily.

4. when vapor stops coming out of it then its empty and you discard the cartridge. many of us have been using our scales to give a good estimate as to the current level of concentrate left in the cartridge. refill at your own risk.

Well Ruff answered all of the questions for me. Thanks Ruff.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
I'm curious about the full melt compatibility issue too...

I've tried taffy, earwax, super melt, co2 melt, and cheaper hash oils..

The taffy, earwax, super melt taste the best. They were all very easy to fill.

The c02 melt tasted very good but the life of the concentrate was not that compared to the taff/wax/supermelt.

Oh I noticed darker more tar looking "earwax" tends to taste worse... more impure perhaps?

The cheaper oils all leaked but I ended up troubleshooting that part for the most part.

Bubbcle hash wont work...correct?

jaypee2100,

Vitolo

Vaporist
It does not liquify, so can't work.
Still on original gram of Hash Oil.
Day 10 .. Morning meds for Nausea
133 uses of cartridge

Vitolo,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
408_Grow said:
nice info Rufrothy..did you ever try the full melt?..I just loaded up some incredible hulk..wax I believe? Can't recall but it is pretty good stuff.

no, I haven't tried the fullmelt. I tried some of the incredible hulk from SJPG (not in the omicron). Good Stuff. expensive though. let us know. loading more nitroOG right now.

gotta say the flavor on the blueberry has gotten better and the effect is heavy. pure indica.

ru_frothi,

VirginHarvester

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
Well Ruff answered all of the questions for me. Thanks Ruff.
Yes, I appreciate the help. I want to have one of these, but mostly want to know it's going to work(dependably), and medicate the way I need(discretely). It looks amazing. So, a couple more questions if anyone can help:

1) How long does it take to heat up, and how many sessions on a single battery charge? (I figure I need max 5 draws to get enough medication for a couple hours. Wax/oil/budders should be much more potent than vaping flower like I do now.

2) With the idea that Omicron is dispensing a much stronger med than I am used to, could I just heat it up and do a couple draws? I suppose that all depends on how strong the med is but with anything upwards of 30% seems like a little would go a long way.

3) Anyone think this might be such strong medication that flowers, which I love to use, will become too weak a medication?

jaypee2100 said:
I've tried taffy, earwax, super melt, co2 melt, and cheaper hash oils..
The taffy, earwax, super melt taste the best. They were all very easy to fill.
The c02 melt tasted very good but the life of the concentrate was not that compared to the taff/wax/supermelt.
The cheaper oils all leaked but I ended up troubleshooting that part for the most part.

jaypee,

Which concentrate did you like the best in the Omicron?

What do you mean by cheaper oils?

What causes cartridges to leak and how to avoid that? You can lay the Omicron on it's side and not have it leak, right?

Thanks for the help.

VirginHarvester,

dankitydank

I just bought an omicron! Ships priority, even better. Get to see this bad boy in a few days, hell yeah! Minimum fill is .5 right? I think i have about .7 right now, cant find my scale. :rolleyes:

dankitydank,
Top Bottom