Official FC Stupid Annoyances Thread

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
I spend 1/2 hour at my computer planning an astronomy observing session for that night. The sky is absolutely clear and blue. I take my scope out to equilibrate to ambient temperature one hour prior to observing sky still clear, set it up equatorially and get everything ready. Point it to the sky and low and behold thick clouds making observation impossible.

Its like theres some unknown entity watching me all day, then for their amusement screw me over at the very last minute, after all of my preparation and anticipation. That sucks. :(

Same thing happens sometime when I going to get my bike (motorcycle) out for a ride. The weather is beautiful and no clouds. No clouds until I get maybe 30-50- miles from home, then it clouds up, gets dark and rains like a cow pissing off a flat rock. I think that its the same entity that watches and screws up my observing sessions. That equaly sucks. :(

Lycanthrope,

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
- When people on this forum call their MJ 'medicine'. Yeah, we know it's 'medicinal', but does it really make a difference if you're calling it 'medicine' or a 'medicine applicator' (aKa vaporizer)? :rolleyes:

Maybe it's just one of those words that makes me cringe... The word 'cuddle' for me just grosses me out... not that there's anything against cuddling but it's such a disgusting English word.

mattybass,

lwien

mattybass said:
- When people on this forum call their MJ 'medicine'.
'Cause for some of us, it is. You'll probably hear it referred to as meds more from those that live in states that have legalized MJ for medical use.

mattybass said:
The word 'cuddle' for me just grosses me out... not that there's anything against cuddling but it's such a disgusting English word.
How 'bout spooning, nuzzling, and snuggling. It's kind of interesting that you think cuddling is a disgusting word. I wonder why?

lwien,

bcleez

Lycanthrope, have you seen that new Spy Shuttle/satellite? Just read about how some backyard astronomers have been tracking it across the sky. Was launched a few weeks ago, kinda wish I had a telescope.

bcleez,

Cappella Sistina

-Business owners who dont have a lick of respect for their customer base, or are careless with their customers information

-Those who try to profit off of the MMJ market, with out truly having any compassion for the patients whoe benefit most from the herbal remedy

-Relgious conservatives, who walk among fellow man acting holier than thou, and judge those around them as if they are in fact themselves, God

-Ignorance

-Greed

-BP Oil Spill

-Facebook. More than anything I hate that I ever joined that site. I try to delete my account and over a 24 hour time, I am getting all kinds of e-mails and texts from people asking "why I deleted my account?". So its like this mundane vicious cycle.

- Spending $40.00 on a new Cabarnet, and it tasting fermented ass sweat.

Cappella Sistina,

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
lwien said:
mattybass said:
'Cause for some of us, it is. You'll probably hear it referred to as meds more from those that live in states that have legalized MJ for medical use.
Oh I wasn't bashing those that use medicinal MJ at all... it's just partly related to the whole thing about not liking the word 'cuddle'. Those words just have a certain ring to them that doesn't sit right with me.

I guess I'm alone on this one. :/

mattybass,

RussyRoo

mattybass said:
lwien said:
mattybass said:
Oh I wasn't bashing those that use medicinal MJ at all... it's just partly related to the whole thing about not liking the word 'cuddle'. Those words just have a certain ring to them that doesn't sit right with me.

I guess I'm alone on this one. :/
Nah I kinda know what you mean. For me it seems like people might feel the need to justify vaping by saying it's medicinal. I can completely understand that in other settings where people might not be so understanding/educated on the matter, but here it seems unnecessary. Maybe I'm wrong and that is just what some people like to call it. I don't really mind, I just don't think anyone here is going to judge anyone else because they like to use MJ :p
Tbh in a way it can be medicinal for everyone. I mean I know I like to use after a physical rugby match because it helps to relieve aches and pains. (But then I do also enjoy getting blasted out of my mind :lol:)

I get annoyed at the apartment above who have finished their exams so throw parties every night, when I still have over half my exams left :mad:

RussyRoo,

lwien

RussyRoo said:
Nah I kinda know what you mean. For me it seems like people might feel the need to justify vaping by saying it's medicinal. I can completely understand that in other settings where people might not be so understanding/educated on the matter, but here it seems unnecessary. Maybe I'm wrong and that is just what some people like to call it. I don't really mind, I just don't think anyone here is going to judge anyone else because they like to use MJ :p
It's not really a matter of justyfing it, but I can sure understand how some could view it that way. It just becomes part of the culture when living in a state that has legalized MJ. Most everyone here calls it meds, or at least those go to dispensaries do. It becomes really obvious if you go over to the Weedtracker site which is really targeted towards the medical community.
What's interesting though is that I saw a thread, a pretty long one at that, about people not liking the word, "pot" because it had too much of a negative connotation to it. Me? I could care less either way. I'll go from weed to pot to meds to buds to MJ, to MMJ. Just gotta spread the love........... ;)

lwien,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
"420" is pretty silly when you think about it but I think at one time it was considered "code."
Doesn't bother me what people may call it, but what did bother me for a while was the new neighbors above me, always moving furniture around as if they could never fully decide where
to put their sofa. They really do need to "medicate."

jeffp,

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
bcleez
No, I haven't looked for the satellite; its been raining here almost every day. Observations of satellites even with a high quality scope really doesnt show any detail at all, and they are very difficult if not impossible to accurately track. A pair of good binoculars of about 7-10X (wider field of view) would be preferable to a scope for satellite observation.
I do mostly deep space observation such as nebulas, star clusters, (open and globular) galaxies, and every now and then a wayward comet. Theres just so much out there in deep space to see I never get tired or run out of objects. My astronomical computer has over 40,000 deep space objects, planets, and moons stored in the processer that controls my scope.

Thanks for asking.

Lycanthrope,

dub

vapor newb
yeh its good craic looking at the star clusters , galaxies n stuff through a telescope while high :) i havnt got one of my own but my cousin has one and its good , i havnt looked at the stars since i started vaping i must pop up to him and give it a go :brow:

the weather annoys me , i live in ireland and it rains here most days but thers abit of a heatwave at the moment :D

dub,
Lycanthrope said:
I do mostly deep space observation such as nebulas, star clusters, (open and globular) galaxies, and every now and then a wayward comet. Theres just so much out there in deep space to see I never get tired or run out of objects. My astronomical computer has over 40,000 deep space objects, planets, and moons stored in the processer that controls my scope.
Thanks for asking.
Ya know, if you could feed the output to a big-screen LCD I could really enjoy that.
Especially if someone else operated it up on the roof while I kick back with my vape and some refreshments.

However, that brings up another annoyance: People who add to the light pollution that makes it damn near impossible to see any stars sometimes. WTF do you need ball park lights on for if no games are being played. (I do actually keep my lights off unless I need them to see something.)

Howie Feltersnatch,

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
Howie Feltersnatch
Another thing that annoys the hell out me are neighbors that have their porch and deck lights on, especially the rear deck lights when Im doing an observing session. Just who do they think is going to arrive at their rear deck for a visit at midnight? And its not just an isolated incident the stupid lights are on most of the time. Sometimes I have to cover my entire head under a black hood to block out ambient light. My privacy fence is 6 ft high and blocks out most ground level light, but allot of the decks are outside the second floors.

Light pollution is a big problem in most populated areas. Unfortunately hardly anyone notices light pollution but the astronomers, and we are a minority. Minorities are just voices crying out in the wilderness.

Lycanthrope,

chucku

Charles Urbane
Roasting that hot dog just perfect on the stick and setting it down to grab a beer, right then an enterprising raccoon/dog (it's happened both ways at the same lake) come up and steal it.

EEEWWWW, a hot dog should only be steamed.

chucku,

chucku

Charles Urbane
The Catholic Church even at the highest levels protecting pedophile criminals.

chucku,

indigal

Amongst the corn
chucku said:
Roasting that hot dog just perfect on the stick and setting it down to grab a beer, right then an enterprising raccoon/dog (it's happened both ways at the same lake) come up and steal it.

Yeah, but I'm not lugging my pot & steaming basket to camp!~
I love them steamed, in fact I had my first hot dogs of the summer a couple days ago, with home made coney sauce :D. I steam my Nathans, the other half likes 'em grilled. I like mustard, he likes ketchup, what can you do? :/

Squealing belts on a car, especially yours. I wince everytime..

indigal,

lwien

indigal said:
How 'bout when you can feel the metal on metal of your worn out disc brakes through your steering wheel and you can hear that grinding noise. That makes me wince thinking about the money it's going to cost me to get fixed and knowing, and feeling, and hearing that it's getting worse every time your foot hits the breaks.

lwien,

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
lwien said:
indigal said:
How 'bout when you can feel the metal on metal of your worn out disc brakes through your steering wheel and you can hear that grinding noise. That makes me wince thinking about the money it's going to cost me to get fixed and knowing, and feeling, and hearing that it's getting worse every time your foot hits the breaks.
On the topic of cars... whenever I know my car is due for an oil change... hate thinking about the $50 it's going to cost me to change it.

mattybass,

GreenLeaf

Speaking of cars, I don't like drivers who just suddenly stop when they're going to merge onto a busy highway or any highway.

Or people who own an expensive car like for example a BWM or a Saab and while driving on the highway they go 10 miles below the speed limit of 55mph and then merge into and stay in the passing lane all the time, and they are not getting off at an exit or even trying to merge into the driving lane.

GreenLeaf,

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
GreenLeaf said:
Speaking of cars, I don't like drivers who just suddenly stop when they're going to merge onto a busy highway or any highway.

Or people who own an expensive car like for example a BWM or a Saab and while driving on the highway they go 10 miles below the speed limit of 55mph and then merge into and stay in the passing lane all the time, and they are not getting off at an exit or even trying to merge into the driving lane.
Don't even get me started. Alberta, Canada, particularly Edmonton where I live has the worst drivers in Canada. All of them are rich oil hicks that drive huge trucks. There is absolutely zero common courtesy on the roads. Nobody gives you the right of way. Sometimes I get cut off three times on my 1.5-minute commute to work.

mattybass,

chucku

Charles Urbane
indigal said:
chucku said:

Yeah, but I'm not lugging my pot & steaming basket to camp!~
I love them steamed, in fact I had my first hot dogs of the summer a couple days ago, with home made coney sauce :D. I steam my Nathans, the other half likes 'em grilled. I like mustard, he likes ketchup, what can you do? :/

Blasphemers! Infidels! Heretics! Nathans??? Catsup on a hot dog??? Are Vienna Beef products available in your area. Try it Chicago style. A steamed Vienna dog on a steamed poppy seeded bun topped with any combination mustard, relish, raw and/or grilled onions, tomato, cucumber, dill pickle spear, sport peppers and celery salt. Properly prepared it is food of the gods. Catsup should never go on a dog. Fries and burgers, now that is another story and entirely acceptable.

chucku,
OK, now you've done it - traffic is one of the big ones for me.

Once and for all people - the left lane is the FAST lane, also known as the PASSING lane. It is not the insipid cell phone conversation, eating breakfast with one hand or putting on makeup lane. If you are in the left lane and you are not going 10 MPH over the posted speed or otherwise passing someone, YOU ARE IN THE WRONG FUCKING LANE. If you look in your rearview and you see more than one car immediately behind you less than 2 car lengths back, you are inciting road rage with your incompetence.

Please pull to the right and slow down. Then pull over and kill yourself.
kthxbai

Howie Feltersnatch,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
Howie Feltersnatch said:
OK, now you've done it - traffic is one of the big ones for me.

Once and for all people - the left lane is the FAST lane, also known as the PASSING lane. It is not the insipid cell phone conversation, eating breakfast with one hand or putting on makeup lane. If you are in the left lane and you are not going 10 MPH over the posted speed or otherwise passing someone, YOU ARE IN THE WRONG FUCKING LANE. If you look in your rearview and you see more than one car immediately behind you less than 2 car lengths back, you are inciting road rage with your incompetence.

Please pull to the right and slow down. Then pull over and kill yourself.
kthxbai
agree 100% , over half of all motor vehicle collisions are due to ppl not following road etiquette , unless you can go fast enough and maintain speed , stay out of the left (hammer) lane.

Samsquanch,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
alot of people treat driving like a video game - there doesn't seem to be any consciousness about how dangerous it really is. for instance when you attempt to change lanes quite often the car behind you in the lane you want to switch to will speed up to try and prevent you from changing lanes. to "win" seems to be worth risking everyone's lives because it's ten points.

jeffp,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
30 items in a "10-Item-or-Less" checkout stand, paying with a check, which doesn't get filled out until the last item scanned.

Overly chatty clerks.

macbill,
Top Bottom