Official FC Stupid Annoyances Thread

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
- buying pot
- customers at work who think I'm 14.. bonus points if they treat me like I'm 14.
- When my hi-fi doesn't work.
- Waiting for a torrent to download.
- drivers who think they are the king of the road in their huge fucking trucks.
- when a place isn't at least halfway clean or organized.

mattybass,

lwien

I think they are conservative, but I, too, think it's just shtick. Who's the outrageous woman, Coulter, couldn't possible be as nasty s she comes across. But doing her shtick she doesn't have to work at being a lawyer. I, like lwien, think a great part of their outrageousness is an act.

If all you have to do is spew invectives and cut down liberals and they hand you millions of dollars, I'd do it.
-----macbill
^^ Yup. They get paid for their TV and Radio work. They get paid for writing books and making personal appearances. Hell, Beck and O'Rielly are even going on tour playing at stadiums.
Sure it's shtick, but whats really scary is that you KNOW that there are bunches of people that really take them seriously and all it takes is just for one of them to go into action and a very bad thing could happen. Fanning the flames of fear can have pretty dire consequences along with being a very profitable endeavor.

lwien,

bcleez

I agree. I lived in CT for 26 years then moved to NC and it's shocking the level of ignorance and hatred that is down here. I work with people who believe this shit and think that Sarah Palin is a viable candidate for president.

Edit: macbill you would sell your soul!! shame on you... I can understand taking a party line in a multi-sided argument but they are really stoking the flames of hate. It isn't constructive, but you are correct in that it sells... I equate it to PTI on espn...

bcleez,

bcleez

BTW, I hate how at the grocery store when people buy tons of stuff and they refuse to bag it... they just stand there as the poor check out person is trying to scan stuff and bag... sure if you have a bagger that is fine... but its so rude to just stand there and let the cashier sweat it out like they are a servant...

just got back from standing behind the rudest soccer mom on the planet at the grocery store.

bcleez,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Hopefully, the media fragmentation dilutes their message. Only so many things to listen and/or watch.

There will always be Joe McCarthys, Joe Pines, Rush Limbaughs, Cardinal Whats-his-name that was a very popular conservative voice many many years ago on the radio. There is a market for it. Fear sells.

I agree it seems more scary: just having an African American president flips some folks out.

Edit: macbill you would sell your soul!! shame on you...

I can't help it if I would derive satisfaction and profit from duping the Sheeple. I would dress up like Boy George and sing falsetto if someone would give me enough money.

It boils down to my major philosophical outlook: Life is Absurd.

macbill,
Who the fuck brought politics into this?
Please, ... don't.

OK, a stupid annoyance:
Milk jugs that are engineered so badly it is impossible to make the first pour without spilling some.

Howie Feltersnatch,

lwien

lol

When one talks about "stupid annoyances", it hard not to talk about politics, just because politics can be such a.................stupid annoyance, and that can be said regardless from what side of the aisle you're on. But I don't think we're talking politics here as much as talking about these insane radio and tv personalities. Fuck, I'd even throw Keith Olbermann in that line of wacko's and he's uber liberal. It's more of an issue of being annoyed at those that are fanning the flames of hate and mistrust regardless if they're on the right or the left.

lwien,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
lwien said:
lol
I'd even throw Keith Olbermann in that line of wacko's and he's uber liberal.
Absolutely. Kieth, at times, gets atop his high horse. He's kind of a Murrow-wanna-bee.

Sometimes we, the public, forget that commercial programming on the radio and TV ultimately is an "advertisement delivery system", and the content doesn't matter so much to programmers, only numbers of people watching/listening. The louder, ruder voices get the buzz, so programmers can ask more for advertisements.

Its all about what sells.

macbill,

bcleez

I will throw in all the infomercial guys too. Popiel, Billy Mays, Antony Sullivan, Vince from shamwow..

bcleez,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
bcleez said:
I will throw in all the infomercial guys too. Popiel, Billy Mays, Antony Sullivan, Vince from shamwow..
I have to take exception here, I like all those infomercial guys and I miss Tom Vu ("Are you a DOER or are you a LOSER? Come to my seminar!")
i find Anthony Sullivan inexplicably reassuring.

jeffp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Howie Feltersnatch said:
Who the fuck brought politics into this?
Please, ... don't.

OK, a stupid annoyance:
Milk jugs that are engineered so badly it is impossible to make the first pour without spilling some.
I find it annoying when I shake a soy or almond milk carton, or a half and half carton, forgetting that I had already removed the cap, and it's all over the place.
This happens to me occasionally and I don't like it.

jeffp,

bcleez

I just hate how he says "hi i'm Ant-knee sullivan" Plus if you ever watched that show that Mays & him did he was such a tool.

I also hate when public restroom entry/exit doors don't swing properly... you want to pull the door when you enter and push it open when you leave, so you don't have to dirty your hands after washing... I usually use a paper towel to open then kick it the rest of the way.

bcleez,

lwien

jeffp said:
I find it annoying when I shake a soy or almond milk carton, or a half and half carton, forgetting that I had already removed the cap, and it's all over the place.
This happens to me occasionally and I don't like it.
Which reminds me. What about those stupid, fucking, leaking caps on the liquid Coffee-Mate bottles. Every time I shake it up before pouring, the damn thing leaks and runs down the outside of the bottle when I close the lid. Fucking petty, yeah, but it still pisses me off that after all these years, they can't seem to get it right. Wonder if these leaking bottles were designed by BP engineers. :rolleyes:

lwien,

lwien

bcleez said:
I also hate when public restroom entry/exit doors don't swing properly... you want to pull the door when you enter and push it open when you leave, so you don't have to dirty your hands after washing... I usually use a paper towel to open then kick it the rest of the way.
Yeah, but have you ever had the occasion when you were on the road and REALLY, REALLY had to go to the bathroom, like NOW, and so you pulled over, ran into the local gas station and the guy behind the counter says, "Sorry. It's not for public use", to which I say, "Ok, how 'bout if I then take a dump all over your counter here instead."

lwien,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Driving on I-75 north on a Friday or south on a Sunday here in Michigan.

And that asshole who, when it's been clearly marked for miles that a lane is going to end due to construction, waits till the very last minute to get over, passing hundreds of people and making them all slam on their brakes.

momofthegoons,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
What about those toilets that flush themselves? How do they know? Are they color coded? Are there a team of workers under the toilets that wait and push flush buttons for our convenience?
If so, that's one shit job I missed.

jeffp,

bcleez

momofthegoons said:

And that asshole who, when it's been clearly marked for miles that a lane is going to end due to construction, waits till the very last minute to get over, passing hundreds of people and making them all slam on their brakes.
AMEN!

bcleez,

bcleez

jeffp said:
What about those toilets that flush themselves? How do they know? Are they color coded? Are there a team of workers under the toilets that wait and push flush buttons for our convenience?
If so, that's one shit job I missed.
I hate when you lean forward to get TP, and they auto flush on you.

bcleez,

lwien

bcleez said:
And how 'bout those that power flush and you get spray back strong enough to hit ya in the face. :o

lwien,

toxicc

E11001420
indigal said:
When you accidentally dial a wrong number & hang up before leaving a message & get a call back later from someone saying "someone called me from this number." I always think- do you call back every number on your phone just to see who made it ring?? No message = no call back.
Right! I actually had someone call me back and he was angry that i did not wait until he awnser before i hung up. Too much stupid and anoying people in this world.

Here's my contribution: piles of stuff on my floor, they are very anoying. I must get up and clean the place... Hmm well i'll vape a bit first.

toxicc,

bcleez

lwien said:
bcleez said:
And how 'bout those that power flush and you get spray back strong enough to hit ya in the face. :o
Funny self depricating story here. My wife and I were at my mother inlaws beach house and there is a bidet that no one uses. So I kept teasing my wife that she should use it... and I kept on and on about it, and was like I will turn it on for you.. i do quarter twist of the handle and the water shoots 4 feet in the air up into my fucking face! I wanted to have a face transplant via the Face off movie, it was pretty funny though after I didn't die or get hepatitis.

Some plumber is laughing about the water pressure on that beeyotch.

bcleez,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
what's jamming my head is the rattling of the air conditioner. i tried putting weights on top of the frame and stuff like that. nothing really helps.

jeffp,

indigal

Amongst the corn
Stupid annoyances related to food:

Biting into a good sammich to have all the contents slip out the opposite side and onto your shirt/plate/floor.

Roasting that hot dog just perfect on the stick and setting it down to grab a beer, right then an enterprising raccoon/dog (it's happened both ways at the same lake) come up and steal it.

Being so impatient that you just can't wait to let the pizza/soup/whatever cool down and you burn your tongue so bad you can't taste anything the rest of the night.

indigal,

Mckdenton

momofthegoons said:

I love the Michigan construction along with stupid drivers. :/

Mckdenton,
Top Bottom