New York Cannabis News

howie105

A codified national, market would seem to be the quickest way to achieve what I think many of the states want, an easily managed revenue stream with social and political perks. Sadly, there seems no will to move forward, what else in new.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
NY rec cannabis rollout is an embarassment to me, as a Ny'er.
3 stores in the whole state. Stupid expensive.

After saying all last year that stores would be open in '22, they managed to get one open on Dec. 29th, with very limited expensive product.

A single lawsuit has paralyzed the rollout in about 1/2 of the state for half a year now...including where I live.

And a mountain of cannabis in warehouses. Wtf?

So far the only okay thing about legalization in NY is the not getting arrested part.

Razhumikin

New dispensary opened up in Astoria, Da Gas House, which is a cringey af name, and it has some cringy af decorations (looking at you big picture of Elon Musk smoking a joint), but they are selling ounces of multiple strains for under $100/oz. Even selling some outdoor Blueberry for 60/Oz. Lowest prices ive seen so far in nyc.

Last edited:

vinnyzan

New dispensary opened up in Astoria, Da Gas House, which is a cringey af name, and it has some cringy af decorations (looking at you big picture of Elon Musk smoking a joint), but they are selling ounces of multiple strains for under $100/oz. Even selling some outdoor Blueberry for 60/Oz. Lowest prices ive seen so far in nyc.
Astoria is nuts with all these stores opening up, I heard there is also a regulated dispensary coming to Astoria called 'blaze' or something of that nature. They had some kind of hiring event in February, so must be coming soon.

If we can get flower for this cheap I'm wondering if it's worth it to try to make some bubble hash...

Razhumikin

Astoria is nuts with all these stores opening up, I heard there is also a regulated dispensary coming to Astoria called 'blaze' or something of that nature. They had some kind of hiring event in February, so must be coming soon.

If we can get flower for this cheap I'm wondering if it's worth it to try to make some bubble hash...
Why make it when you can buy great single origin hash from morroco at these stores. Look for dyonysos hashish, its great. Astoria-based importer, hence the greek name.

vinnyzan

Why make it when you can buy great single origin hash from morroco at these stores. Look for dyonysos hashish, its great. Astoria-based importer, hence the greek name.
What stores have you seen selling this specific hash? I'm sure I could find hash in alot of stores but I don't know if I'll have any luck finding a specific kind.

vinnyzan,

vinnyzan

SmoKing on 30th ave in Astoria has it, as does the one with the sign that just says Dispensary on broadway and 38th
No luck with either store, smoKing says they get more hash on Monday. Is it labeled dyonysos/does it have a specific packaging ?

Today I got some hash from 'astoria 24 clouds' near the bohemian beer garden, he had 3 different types I went with the one that had a blondeish color in the middle which I think he said was Lebanese hash. The other 2 were both blackish and it was the same color in the middle, as opposed to the Lebanese that was more of a brownish on the outside and then a little lighter in the middle. Not exactly sure what characteristics to look for.

I stopped by da gas house to see what $80an ounce weed looks like, unfortunately they close pretty early so I missed them. This location will probably get some complaints, they appear to be right in the lobby of a residential building.

Last edited:
vinnyzan,

Razhumikin

No luck with either store, smoKing says they get more hash on Monday. Is it labeled dyonysos/does it have a specific packaging ?

Today I got some hash from 'astoria 24 clouds' near the bohemian beer garden, he had 3 different types I went with the one that had a blondeish color in the middle which I think he said was Lebanese hash. The other 2 were both blackish and it was the same color in the middle, as opposed to the Lebanese that was more of a brownish on the outside and then a little lighter in the middle. Not exactly sure what characteristics to look for.

I stopped by da gas house to see what $80an ounce weed looks like, unfortunately they close pretty early so I missed them. This location will probably get some complaints, they appear to be right in the lobby of a residential building.
It is labelled dyonysos, in a little paper package. Dm me if you want a pic of it

Razhumikin,
Reactions: vinnyzan

vinnyzan

I make it a habit to only vape during waking hours, about 6am to 9 or 10pm these days...
Edibles before bed ? Aka Bedibles...

@GoldenBud In all seriousness though I don't think bud at that price range is going to be very enjoyable to vape. I Haven't really found the flower to be anything really too special at any of these stores, even if you go up to the $50 an 8th price range. I think since we vaporize we are alot more in tune with the flavor and will taste the difference. That's why I was thinking about some type of hash.

vinnyzan,
Reactions: GoldenBud

GoldenBud

@GoldenBud In all seriousness though I don't think bud at that price range is going to be very enjoyable to vape. I Haven't really found the flower to be anything really too special at any of these stores, even if you go up to the $50 an 8th price range. I think since we vaporize we are alot more in tune with the flavor and will taste the difference. That's why I was thinking about some type of hash.
If you can get low quality for 80$ an O, so you can find 160$ for an O that is top shelf. you just need to search it. I think.....that's how the world works like. if you find the right place even 150$ for an O of top shelf. need to look at some places, at least.

hash is the material where somebody can trick you and can never know (you'll never know how much THC/Terpz it has, other than plant material)

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
If you guys remember Andrew Cuomo was really against cannabis. IMO that’s why NY cannabis was slowed down, it took awhile for them to get caught up. Not that NY is caught up. The state just needs to makes sure they don’t get too greedy about taxing the hell out of it. If it’s too expensive that’s when folks will sell illegal.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Razhumikin

The Puffco CEO looks for hash in NYC. If you aren't annoyed by the light Puffco infomercial vibes, it's a fun look at 4/20/23 in NYC. And at the burgeoning hash scene in the city.

My hash guy is in this video haha, guy with the blurred face. I didnt realize he got the hot knife from the owner of puffco, he just used that at my apt to show me his static sift is full melt.

florduh

My hash guy is in this video haha, guy with the blurred face. I didnt realize he got the hot knife from the owner of puffco, he just used that at my apt to show me his static sift is full melt.

That's incredibly cool! I liked seeing how full melt hash is taking off in NYC. Is his stuff grown/extracted in NY State or is it mostly imports?

Razhumikin

That's incredibly cool! I liked seeing how full melt hash is taking off in NYC. Is his stuff grown/extracted in NY State or is it mostly imports?
Its all imports, mostly from morroco but also he gets great stuff like traditional charas from Nepal and India, and sometimes even mazar-i-sharif from Aghanistan. He also gets ice-water hash from Cali, but i usually prefer the old world stuff. When youre in nyc lemme knoe and ill help hook you up.

GoldenBud

show me his static sift is full melt.
the method which is required for checking if some hash is full melt it's not by the knife, it's about to dab it and see if any residue of plant material is left on the banger.. the knife method is just cool but not guarentees full melt.. full melt hash is very very rare.. AFAIK..

it must be good quality, I had seen the photos of these hashes, but it's not full melt hash or 6 stars hash if it's not done by a banger and left no residue of plant material

****edit: ok if it's a white ceramic knife maybe it's fine to check this way, although a knife is a flat thing and not some "container" with volume

Last edited:
GoldenBud,
Reactions: NYC_Frank
Top Bottom