New York Cannabis News

Razhumikin

Sadly i feel like the grey market scene is getting worse in the city, or at least in Astoria. My two go to shops have raised prices while quality has stayed steady or declined, and prices seem to have gone up in all the stores ive visited, maybe due to them craxking down more now. Anybody have a rec for a good place to buy quality in NYC?

Razhumikin,
Reactions: vapviking

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Sadly i feel like the grey market scene is getting worse in the city, or at least in Astoria. My two go to shops have raised prices while quality has stayed steady or declined, and prices seem to have gone up in all the stores ive visited, maybe due to them craxking down more now. Anybody have a rec for a good place to buy quality in NYC?
Sadly seeing a lack of inventory in Manhattan as well ... discount oz's have suddenly disappeared from Empire and all the legals too ... I'm considering making a visit to Gotham next week... they have an oz of Blueberry Danish that had gotten good writeups on Reddit

vapviking

Old & In the Way
@NYC_Frank
Along the same lines as Gotham, these guys have 2 strains at Oz pricing. And a very wide delivery area.
Yeah, Empire seems to have reduced their discount Oz program. I think last week, with some drilling down at their confusing menus, I was seeing stock of just a couple bags per store, if at all.
Could be they don't want to risk stock against another bust(first one wiped out 2 stores' inventory).
Then there was the fire last week that ruined the LES location store...
Or maybe they think they might get legal status soon and would have to swap out all inventory!

But yeah, with the nationwide and statewide gluts, where is the fallout for us? And crops are coming in...

Last edited:

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
@NYC_Frank
Along the same lines as Gotham, these guys have 2 strains at Oz pricing. And a very wide delivery area.
But yeah, with the nationwide and statewide gluts, where is the fallout for us? And crops are coming in...
Makes me remember the old days when getting smoke would totally dry up in September into October ... had a girlfriend who would pray to St Anthony ('Patron Saint of Lost Things') to help us find some herb somewhere
🌿 🙏 😇💨

vapviking

Old & In the Way
This is kinda wild. The state is holding roving workshops all about cannabis licensing.
Under the new program, a license can be had for $1,000, if I read that correctly. And they'll teach you all you need to know about going into business "right in your own backyard."
Not really sure what they mean by that.......
Open the link and see the press item, "Roadmap To Adult Use..."
Thinking of a startup. Only Ounces. Just what the name implies.
The window on this open season closes Dec. 4.

OFFICE OF CANNABIS MANAGEMENT LAUNCHES ‘ROADMAP TO ADULT-USE APPLICATIONS’ STATEWIDE TOUR TO PROVIDE POTENTIAL LICENSEES WITH GUIDANCE, SUPPORT

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968

Adobewan

How 1.2 Million Marijuana Arrests Will Shape New York’s Legal Market​

A new map illustrating 42 years of marijuana arrests documents the way that New York disproportionately targeted working-class, Black and Hispanic people for decades.

Gift version for non-subscribers https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/24/...e_code=1.A00.XF0X.W3kwLQkrSzqw&smid=url-share
Thank you for the gift link @Polarbearboy !!
Fingers crossed Sullivan gets one of the licenses.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
A Festivus Miracle!
We have our very first Rec Cannabis store in Westchester County, NY.
Still, a 20 min car drive from me, but this is some kinda progress!

Last edited:

vinnyzan

So any one been doing any shopping on the rec market? I feel like things have settled down alot, Ive been going a little crazy lately with the spending as opposed to when things first got started I wouldn't walk into theese stores if you paid me

Gotham buds has some really solid ozs for $170 including tax that I highly recommend, I have tried quite a few of them.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
So any one been doing any shopping on the rec market? I feel like things have settled down alot, Ive been going a little crazy lately with the spending as opposed to when things first got started I wouldn't walk into theese stores if you paid me

Gotham buds has some really solid ozs for $170 including tax that I highly recommend, I have tried quite a few of them.
In the thread NYC Best Vape Spots I recently wrote what I quote below.
Been meaning to go back and point out my typo in the Farm's name.
It's actually Hepworth Farms, a 200 yr old family owned organic farm growing outdoor bud about mid-way up the Hudson river. I've seen their product on several menus.
I have been really enjoying the Apple Fritter X Bubble Gum, delicious. Also out the door at 169.50/oz for the 2 oz bag.
Edit,
In other news, I picked up a 2 oz bag of Apple Fritter X Bubble Gum by Hepwirth, from the delivery-only shop Sesh in the Bronx. Not top-top tier, but a solid sun grown smoke. About 20% thc. Nice flavor. $300, with tax $339.
I also saw via email an once at a sale price, $99, in a Massachusetts shop today. Hopefully NY is not far behind that kind of prices!

Last edited:

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
It's actually Hepworth Farms, a 200 yr old family owned organic farm growing outdoor bud about mid-way up the Hudson river. I've seen their product on several menus.
I have been really enjoying the Apple Fritter X Bubble Gum, delicious. Also out the door at 169.50/oz for the 2 oz bag.
I grew up right near there and actually saw my first cannabis plants growing in their orchards. The migrant workers would grow plants in small hidden away areas. On some local farms we'd find really large grows. :lol:

vinnyzan

Nice, I have tried hepworth carts but haven't tried their flower yet. I wouldn't mind seeing what if looks like if you want to send me a pic or a quick vid.
Out of the NY brands, (non multi state operators)I've tried flower from flower house, high valley and rolling green.

For concentrates I've tried Luci, Blotter and Ithaca organics. special nod to the gorilla breathe bubble hash by Ithaca organics. I haven't seen it available on alot of menus,I bought it at terp bros in Astoria $40g pre tax
Looks even better in person, appears to be 'full melt'. I put some on my e nail and didn't see any left over ash or anything.

Carts I've tried jaunty, hepworth and veterans choice creations. Definitely trying to chill on the carts though as they have been wrecking my tolerance. So convenient though!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Nice, I have tried hepworth carts but haven't tried their flower yet. I wouldn't mind seeing what if looks like if you want to send me a pic or a quick vid.
Out of the NY brands, (non multi state operators)I've tried flower from flower house, high valley and rolling green.
Here's the Hepworth Apple Fritter X Bubble Gum.
A couple of images, I'm frustrated by the lighting.
Top pic is indoor lighting, lower pic is with a flash. The actual color is somewhere between these two! :lol:
No natural light here yet, it's too early...

Razhumikin

For concentrates I've tried Luci, Blotter and Ithaca organics. special nod to the gorilla breathe bubble hash by Ithaca organics. I haven't seen it available on alot of menus,I bought it at terp bros in Astoria $40g pre tax
Looks even better in person, appears to be 'full melt'. I put some on my e nail and didn't see any left over ash or anything.

Carts I've tried jaunty, hepworth and veterans choice creations. Definitely trying to chill on the carts though as they have been wrecking my tolerance. So convenient though!
Man I wish Terp bros was better, but ive been in 4 times and the place is just a mess. It feels impossible to get someone to help you and see the menu, and the 1 time a staff member did try to help me he tried to upsell me really aggresivelly on more expensive flower, but he couldnt articulate why it was worth more at all other than saying "well its in glass packaging." The whole place feels off. Another legal dispensary is supposed to open in Astoria, Canavita on Steinway, but they have never said when theyre are going to open and have ignored my repeated questions. Why cant this state just get its shit together. Its embarrasing that Maine, a state with half the population of Queens, can beat the shit out of us so badly in terms of weed quality and price.

Razhumikin,

vinnyzan

Man I wish Terp bros was better, but ive been in 4 times and the place is just a mess. It feels impossible to get someone to help you and see the menu, and the 1 time a staff member did try to help me he tried to upsell me really aggresivelly on more expensive flower, but he couldnt articulate why it was worth more at all other than saying "well its in glass packaging." The whole place feels off. Another legal dispensary is supposed to open in Astoria, Canavita on Steinway, but they have never said when theyre are going to open and have ignored my repeated questions. Why cant this state just get its shit together. Its embarrasing that Maine, a state with half the population of Queens, can beat the shit out of us so badly in terms of weed quality and price.
Personally I always know what I want before I walk into the store, I bookmarked all the dispensaries in NYC and look through the menus online. The prices of a certain product can vary astronomically between store so it's always good to look around. If there is something I may want to buy but need more information I will look at manufacturer website.

Some companies put their out door/'light deprived' flower in mylar bags and will put the mixed light/electric light in jars. It depends on the brand though.
I don't expect the people at the stores to really know anything. I don't think these dispensaries pay that well compared to what it actually costs to live in NYC. Hell I would quit my job and go work there but then I won't be able to afford to buy all the weed products and vaporizers I buy.

Worst dispensary by far is Union square travel agency. I walked in, went up to the counter and told them I wanted a 1 g cart and they told me I have to put my order in on one of the tablets. It seemed like a really unnecessary step and I was very confused by it. They insisted that I have to do it like that, I laughed and hightailed it for the door and went around the corner to another dispensary and didn't have any problems.

Urban weeds just opened this week and is closer to Steinway, supposedly cannavita is supposed to open right near urban weeds.... I personally haven't went by urban weeds yet because their online menu doesn't work so I can't see what they have for sale.
Also there is supposed to 3rd dispensary coming to that same area by Steinway but I don't have much information other than the owner used to own a pet store in that same area.

At terp bros the $36 rolling green 8ths are pretty solid they also have $40 1 g carts by veterans choice creation. The hash I posted may still be available too, it wasn't on the menu when I went to get it but they had it in stock.

Maine is definitely the Cali of the east Coast, none of the states around here are even close.

Last edited:

vinnyzan

Here's the Hepworth Apple Fritter X Bubble Gum.
A couple of images, I'm frustrated by the lighting.
Top pic is indoor lighting, lower pic is with a flash. The actual color is somewhere between these two! :lol:
No natural light here yet, it's too early...

I noticed a lot of bud from the NY companies is barely trimmed, especially when you buy in bulk. That doesn't seem to be the case here. I haven't heard any one say anything good or bad about their flower and I haven't been able to see any pics so thank you I appreciate it.

You have me laughing because I opted for a quick video for the same reasons you mentioned, if I do it with the flash on it makes it look prettier than it really is and if I take without the flash it's makes it look worse than it really is.

Last edited:
vinnyzan,
Reactions: vapviking

howie105

Thank you, Vapviking your time and efforts are appreciated.

A small quote to those who continue to fail at state imposed cannabis management.

You're old and your hands are gray
You're old, go home and stay
We've all heard your dirty stories

The irony that I am setting here in the twilight zone in my twilight years is not lost on me.

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Here are some of the proposed rules:

The board will vote on regulations that would let New Yorkers who are at least 21 years old cultivate up to six mature plants — meaning they have visible buds — and six immature plants per residence. Home cultivators would be able to keep up to 5 pounds of flower that's been trimmed from those plants, far more than the 3 ounces that are legal to possess otherwise. And while it’s illegal to sell cannabis without a license in New York, gifting is OK.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
New Yorkers who are at least 21 years old cultivate up to six mature plants — meaning they have visible buds — and six immature plants per residence
I think the proposed rule would allow those limits per household (regardless of number of adults).
But, I think the limit for an individual would be 3 immature and 3 mature.

vapviking,
Reactions: Photonic

Ned Bogan

Here are some of the proposed rules:

The board will vote on regulations that would let New Yorkers who are at least 21 years old cultivate up to six mature plants — meaning they have visible buds — and six immature plants per residence. Home cultivators would be able to keep up to 5 pounds of flower that's been trimmed from those plants, far more than the 3 ounces that are legal to possess otherwise. And while it’s illegal to sell cannabis without a license in New York, gifting is OK.
I've been searching for the proposed regs but can't find them. Where can I find news about the current status of NYSOCM reg consideration and debate or maybe committee meetings or public hearings? I've gone through the OCM website but didn't find anything like what I'm looking for.

Ned Bogan,
Top Bottom