Nausea: The Monster

GenYHippie

I am so sorry that you have to anticipate the worst as the weather takes a turn... both of you.

Thanks @Vitolo. Temp is starting to rise here again. Two days ago indoor average was 72 today its 80 and its supposed to be hotter still monday. Well if anything happens monday i'll already be at the doctors office anyway :p

Vitolo

Vaporist
I live in Tucson.
It is hot.
I do better intestinally and in my "monster avoidance tactics" when it is cooler also.
I have many metal parts, and am a patchwork of body repairs... so
the warm weather... while screwing with my gut, lets my limbs rest!

GenYHippie

I live in Tucson.
It is hot.
I do better intestinally and in my "monster avoidance tactics" when it is cooler also.

Sorry you deal with the heat issued you. Tuscon is alot hotter than here im fairly lucky our average temp is reasonable. Glad the heat gives parts of you a break at least

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
I live in Tucson.
It is hot.
I'm the same way. When the weather turns warmer, the monster only gets worse. I'm usually in more pain, too. For the last week though, I've been walking pain free for the first time in almost 5 years. I have no idea why...that's Crohn's for you--unpredictable.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Now im keeping an extra jar of my PM meds with me

Im with you on this wonderful plant. When i got my card it was a long time coming. To me it was either try it or start setting aside funeral money and making plans because nothing was giving me any quality of life worth having.
@GenYHippie, a contact lens storage case makes a great storage unit for a Solo owner. One side, keep finely ground herbs of choice stored. On the other side, well, I keep this empty so I can put the ABV from remote sessions within for later use. Since very decent contact lens cases can be obtained relatively cheaply (my English Teacher is throwing fits at this point in my fine use of the language), you can have more than one available in different locations.
lenscase_l.png

I'm the same way. When the weather turns warmer, the monster only gets worse. I'm usually in more pain, too. For the last week though, I've been walking pain free for the first time in almost 5 years. I have no idea why...that's Crohn's for you--unpredictable.

Hey, @Crohnie, happy to hear about the pain free time you've had recently! Am not certain, but I believe there is an FC rule that demands we must now celebrate!!!! :rockon::rockon::rockon:

Radio

stay true to yourselves
I get very emotional when I discuss nausea. Any of you who do skype vape sessions with me can hear the tears in my voice when I talk about nausea.
I am crying now.
I was a championship fighter for my entire lifetime, and a dog trainer.
Never took a pill.. never puked.
I was Superman.
Things change!
After my coma, I was left with many issues. Spasticity, that makes my body twist in directions I am not planning on aiming! Pain that makes me shout out, and then publicly announce "hehe.. excuse me folks.. a bit of a cramp"
I have gotten over the self conciousness of a broken Gait as I walk..
But (the big but)
Every morning I wake up and forget the morning before... I think today will be OK...
but it never is.
I fall to my knees and cry daily..
At night Patty says "Honey, did you get your morning meds ground?".. I love Patty with all of my heart and I comply.
If I fall asleep or forget... when I wake up it is too late.
I hurry in the morning to grind some herb, and vape a fast stem.... if I wait to long.....
Patty will find me.
A grown man...
A once famous champion..... now a shattered man.... on his knees... in tears...
"Oh God... why... I didnt do anything bad... please God .. tell me why and I will be good.. I swear... "
Patty walks in... " Oh honey I am so sorry"... My 115 lb wife drags my crumpled form into my wheelchair from it's station on the floor at the toilet.
I am not embarrassed.. not humiliated at being an EX hero... now reduced to daily tears..
I am grateful... because without her help.. I would not be able to get myself to my meds to grind....
2 large vape hits, and the tears begin to dry...
I kiss my Patty.
"I am so sorry Patty... I am so sorry that this happens to me, and that you have to see it"
She doesn't use weed... but she understands..
"I am glad your OK now Vito... tonight I will remind you to get the Daily Grind done for tomorrow!"

When I qualified as an MMJ Patient.. they qualified me on 4 separate criteria.
I was and am a fighter....
Pain...haha... bring it on!. I am not afraid.
Neurapathy.. Mind over matter
Spastic Convulsion... what the hell you lookin' at??
but... Nausea...
Nausea you fucking Monster... YOU BEAST....
How I loath you...
I would kill you dead if I could... but I can not see you or touch you... and if you get too close.. I am powerless against you.

Now friends- you have read my true feelings about Nausea.
Anyone want to try to come up in here and take my MMJ card?
Dude, having read that.. Just broke my heart. I love you man, as does everyone here. Life gets tough and we need to carry each other through these hardships, and it's great that you can benefit from nature's remedy to ease your discomfort. I wish you all the best!

GenYHippie

@GenYHippie, a contact lens storage case makes a great storage unit for a Solo owner. One side, keep finely ground herbs of choice stored. On the other side, well, I keep this empty so I can put the ABV from remote sessions within for later use. Since very decent contact lens cases can be obtained relatively cheaply (my English Teacher is throwing fits at this point in my fine use of the language), you can have more than one available in different locations.
lenscase_l.png

Hey, @Crohnie, happy to hear about the pain free time you've had recently! Am not certain, but I believe there is an FC rule that demands we must now celebrate!!!! :rockon::rockon::rockon:

Yes i remember seeing that on here somewhere. Thank you for the reminder i shall pick some up with my RX tomorow. Lol just have to make sure my moms and mine look different. Without glasses on she would go about her routine right ill she stuck her damp finger into my bud!

Vitolo

Vaporist
Yes... the contact case was suggested as an MFLB tool earlier in the forums history.
This was due to its size relative to the MFLB cases available.
If using this idea for another vaporizer, simply switch sides... and use the "left" side of the case for ABV instead of right side.

grokit

well-worn member
The monster is on the doorstep but I have a new weapon on the way. I spent all yesterday afternoon in the garden, and although my muscles are sore today and I came extremely close to cramping up last night I made it through okay. Today it's raining and that's a good thing because I can't get back to it for a few more days so I can recover. Coconut water and mineral supplements are great but never seem to help that much. Then I remembered when I was a kid, I used to take salt tablets to keep from dehydrating when working outdoors in the heat. So I went online and have these on the way, they seem better than straight salt:

61%2B-xCIjjNL._SY679_.jpg

If these work I may try the "puppy upper" version at some point:

$_12.JPG

Last edited:

HomeFree

This last week the monster kept trying to knock me down. I thought it was my pancreas as it kept feeling like my belly was being twisted up. Last night I knocked the monster out with two stems of Lemon Diesel and my belly started moving again. Saw my doc today and he doesn't think it was my pancreas, which is good! I never want to have pancreatitis again. Fuck pancreatitis! And fuck you, nausea.

Vitolo

Vaporist
I count my blessings today, more fervently then I do on other days.
I did not get the visit today.
I never even smelled his breath.
I woke up and vaped 4 bags of blue dream at 377º on the Volcano.
the vapor does not always blossom to it's fullest boquet at that temperature until the middle of the filling of the second bag,....
so my quest for flavor dictated I do two bags at full flavor.
(bullcrap vitolo... you just wanted to catch a buzz)
I did catch a buzz alright...
and was heavily rewarded by the feeling of well being that accompanies a good solid buzz.... when accompanied by flavor.

The days are few that I make it through morning without being sick.
I guess I am here to share a good day.
Once in a blue moon....
I get to smile and feel like I have less baggage.
for this.....

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I did not get the visit today.
I never even smelled his breath.
I woke up and vaped 4 bags of blue dream at 377º on the Volcano.
the vapor does not always blossom to it's fullest boquet at that temperature until the middle of the filling of the second bag,....
so my quest for flavor dictated I do two bags at full flavor.
(bullcrap vitolo... you just wanted to catch a buzz)
I did catch a buzz alright...
and was heavily rewarded by the feeling of well being that accompanies a good solid buzz.... when accompanied by flavor.

The days are few that I make it through morning without being sick.
I guess I am here to share a good day.
Once in a blue moon....
I get to smile and feel like I have less baggage.
for this.....
I feel you!

Every morning this week I suffer!
I tried to quit my dependence to cannabis.
Sick to my stomach is a under statement.
This afternoon I vaporized some purple KUSH.
I felt so good after!
I can't stop CANNABIS!
To be sick is not worth it!

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Keep hydrated and keep vaped, my friends :) May the winds of kindness blow beneath your wings during these hot days ahead. It hurts me to read what some of you have to say about your hardships, and I feel like these is nothing I can do from here, but for those who are struggling with chronic illness and nausea and can think of anything I can personally do to help please send me a private message. Maybe you will have more creativity than me but I am open to suggestions! Even just a chat.

I dedicate this song to you all, and also to my great grandfather who passed away this week. He lived a long life, and only suffered for a few months before he passed away. It has made me wonder if I would rather live through agony and misfortune for a longer life, or to pass as soon as things get too difficult to bare.. Fate will decide I guess. Eventually we all feel the same pain, and it has many disguises and comes in many forms. Some feel it sooner than others, and for more prolonged and merciless periods of time, but regardless we all meet again one day in our eternal form just as we met here in this world, and we all find solace.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I have been experimenting with digestive enzymes and having some success. I didn't realize how much they go away as you age. I was listening to a doctor speak about it and he said at age 50 your body makes 5% of the enzymes it used to and virtually no melatonin which is another thread, but I have been fighting sleep problems as well.

Radio

stay true to yourselves
I didn't know that about melatonin. Does that mean that 50+ year olds really choose when they want to sleep, or do so as required without a regular schedule or biological impulse telling them to at a certain time?

Radio,
Reactions: Vitolo

GenYHippie

I have been experimenting with digestive enzymes and having some success. I didn't realize how much they go away as you age. I was listening to a doctor speak about it and he said at age 50 your body makes 5% of the enzymes it used to and virtually no melatonin which is another thread, but I have been fighting sleep problems as well.

Its a big world of them but when you find the right one its great. Enzymedica Digest Spectrum is what my body does best with but im experimenting some some bio-porcine ones soon too. If you have other inflamitory issues like joint bromelin is worth looking into. Paired with alpha lipoic acid it helps with pain pain magment in inflammatory disease. So along with digesting protein is can give you body a boost.

Glad your having good results. I hope you can figure out what your body likes.

GenYHippie

I am still amazed by how much a few hit can change my day. About 2 hours ago i was feeling it coming to hit me hard and two hits + 15 minutes and i was up finishing the dishes and wiping own the counter for the night. Im so glad i took a risk on it things like that make the judgmental crap and misinformation worth dealing with. The monster isnt gone but decently subdued to finish what i need to and slowly sip on some fluids.

Vitolo

Vaporist
I am relieved for you on this morning.
Those few hits should be there for all of the monsters victims.
We are all "so glad" you took a risk on it.

We fear that for every good morning there will be a dozen bad ones.
We learn to accept that for every bad morning there may just be one good one.
We grow to love the good ones...
...hold them (the good mornings) in high esteem in your minds eye.
Don't take them for granted, and show them appreciation...
and like any friend... the good days may just come back to visit slightly more often.

GenYHippie

Lady parts are evil they seem to have a special bell to summon the Monster. I may still feel lousy but i only threw up three times yesterday and none so far today. At least im not so dehydrated thanks to out green friend :)

Top Bottom