Nausea: The Monster

GenYHippie

The good thing is it will not last long.
Keep your dose low at first then work your way up.
@Vicki & @Vitolo know more about edibles than I.
I made a few mistakes when I started learning how to self medicate.

Obviously I go by what makes me feel best!

Lol good motto Ataxian

I think the biggest mistake people make is forgetting to decarb the herb before using it. I know I did.

I hope everyone wakes up nausea free today. :)

Thanks for the reminder I saw that when I first started looking at making edibles but then I got a vaporizer.

Cannabutter's weed has been decarbed in the crockpot for 8 to 12 hours in the creation.
It is ready to use.
It can be eaten straight if you could gaga it down.
DSC01058.jpg

At minimum I must put it in instant oatmeal to eat it.
DSC01283.jpg

When you use this already decarboxylated product to cook or bake, it faces the heat/activation process a second time.
What I am saying here is, unless you eat bud from your bag... most things that are served as medibles have reached an activated state.
If they have not....

when you cook with green weed you must decarboxylate it.
Photoon2011-05-21at1555.jpg

I do it in a dry frying pan... and stir over low heat until I get wisps of vapor and a golden hue.
Then you can throw it in whatever you wish...
I used to be a green weed chef.. using the frying pan a great deal.
it was fun, but I enjoy eating cannabutter goods more.
The green weed consumption would be for folks with strong metabolism.. and any condition that disallows consumption of butter.. or folks on strict no fat diets.

How cool I didn't know you could do it in a pan! Way more convenient for me than doing it in the oven. I only do small amounts usually gram so I can get out my mini pan and have it done quick :).

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
dry frying pan... teflon scratches ....
use a fork to stir the meds about.. as you hold pan over the heat...
shake the pan as though popping pocorn.... to gently stir the meds about along with the fork.
when you see the first wisps.. and smell the golden essence.. remove from heat, and continue stiring to prevent scorching, as you pour that pile onto a dish.
it now is easy to crunch into a finer dust also!

GenYHippie

dry frying pan... teflon scratches ....
use a fork to stir the meds about.. as you hold pan over the heat...
shake the pan as though popping pocorn.... to gently stir the meds about along with the fork.
when you see the first wisps.. and smell the golden essence.. remove from heat, and continue stiring to prevent scorching, as you pour that pile onto a dish.
it now is easy to crunch into a finer dust also!

Awesome thanks. I have a mini steel and a mini aluminum I can use. I like the idea of having some decarbed and ready so I can try it as I wish. Sprinkle some on a sandwich bite or such instead of having to make a pre-dosed edible

GenYHippie,
Reactions: ataxian

Vitolo

Vaporist
You can eat it on sandwich...
make a honey slide too!

Honey slide.
Put a heaping teaspoon of this tanned toasty finely powdered meds and put it in a tiny cup
on that same frying pan, pour a heaping teaspoon of honey.....
let the honey sizzle and bubble.... stir it around as you did the meds.
when the honey smells strong and the bubbles are profuse....
pour the honey onto the meds...
stir it up well.. the mix will thib]cken as it cools.
hint:
stir and work this stuff with two butterknives/tableknives.... so you can wipe them off of each other.
do not eat hot, it will burn you till it cools.
scrape/spoon it up to eat it.
stick in fridge a few minutes to be able to shape it (into balls or whatever)
leave in fridge to hold its shape. (do not be fooled.. it feels hard like candy , but 60 seconds out of fridge will let it get gooey, so noy sticking it in pocket!!
This is not a pocket food... it is a "pie hole" food!

Tony Hemp

I keep wax pens loaded with shatter I make myself.
They work great.
I tried edibles and they freaked me out!
If you can eat them great.

Medication Devices!
Where did you get that glass piece for the battery? I've been looking for a good dry herb pen attachment.

Tony Hemp,
Reactions: ataxian

DirtyBongWater

ok.. where do i start.. i am a 53 year old male,disabled/retired early due to some spine and pain issues.. been a pot smoker for about 40 years ,,lately in the past 5-10 more regularly and with the newer better weeds.. i have been and still am a major proponent of weed for medical uses,,works wonders for me in a lot of areas.. well so i thought ..started about 7 years ago on a trip to vegas..started to feel ill on the plane,by the time i landed and checked in felt worse..went to room to lay down and started to vomit..soon uncontrolablly ..then dry heaving for hours until dehydrated and rushed to hospt..where they gave me IV's and morphine for abdominal pain.. few hours later after nothing in tests i felt good..next episode happened about 2 years later..out of the blue..same thing..nothing wrong with me,,felt great ..took a bite of something to eat and that was it,, puking again..cant stop..suffered all day..thinking a bug or virus..went to hospt for fluids etc..same thing..morphine..fluids..no anti nausea meds ever working..all tests coming back normal..cat scan,,x-rays..ultrasound..scope..few days of rest and fluids i felt back to normal.. skipping to about a year ago.. sudden attack on 4th of july.. same
symptoms..vomiting,stomach pains and sweating.. admitted to hospt..same scenario..fluids..anti nausea meds to no avail and pain meds which always seem to help..now in the past year i have had 3 more episodes all about 3 months apart..all three times back in the hospt..nothing on tests everything in my body as far as stomach..bowls,,intestines etc all fine..DR told me after all tests i had CHS .. i said what is that ?? he said toxic reaction to chronic weed smoking.. i laughed and basically told him to go back to school .. after further research and being curious if anything to this,i started to read on CHS & CVS i am amazed ?? i have never heard of this in my life and thought i knew all there is to know about weed but finding so so many with same issues and symptoms as me is astounding ..now i do have other underlying factors mentioned.. lack of sleep,,poor eating habits..spine and nerve damage and some anxities i take paxil & welbutrin for.. i am so so bummed about this and am hoping just by cutting down and not toking every day i can still enjoy some weed..also curious if anyone knows if a vape would actually be better for removing toxins that may contribute to this ..thanks all

pittiserria

Truth Warrior
Hi,

I live in Israel. My doctor recently prescribed Cannabis for me for a variety of issues, nausea being one of them. Before the permit I've been vaping unknown strains (anything I could get my hands on), however now that I have a choice I would love it if any of you could recommend on any specific strain which targets nausea most specifically. The available strains for me are attached, some are still undergoing lab testings so the THC/CBD percentage is unspecified.

Thanks..

betterstrains-147731.jpg

Vitolo

Vaporist
I am voting on Purple Kush, Blackerry and the Durban Blend.
These are ones I would pick off of this menu.
If you are in a dispensary setting, and can see and smell the meds.......
follow your nose.
I have found most often strains with fruity, or floral and appealing scents work best for me.
The nose and brain help guide you where you should be.
CONGRATS!...and let us know how it goes.

pittiserria

Truth Warrior
I am voting on Purple Kush, Blackerry and the Durban Blend.
These are ones I would pick off of this menu.
If you are in a dispensary setting, and can see and smell the meds.......
follow your nose.
I have found most often strains with fruity, or floral and appealing scents work best for me.
The nose and brain help guide you where you should be.
CONGRATS!...and let us know how it goes.

That would be ideal... unfortunately no dispensary setting. I need to preorder my medicine 3 days in advance and then pick up my sealed package. No refunds/replacements :-)

pittiserria,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I notice the purple kush, while called pk is a blend and one of 3 constituents is Purple kush.
I do not know this combination, and only know pure purple kush.
I still like the sound of it, but am going to move Blackberry up to my first choice.
Black Widow and Bubble Gum are both pleasant and antiemetic in nature and that strain should do you well. It will make you happy also!

GenYHippie

Wow interesting how it works there. On that list i have only tried Jack Herer which helped but was too racy for my weak heart. I have various strains who's parents are on the list but i havent tried them "straight". For nighttime id say anything with Purple in it as thats what was recommended to me and so far it works :). Good luck keep updating!

GenYHippie

I believe it is.
You are vaporizing only I will presume.
2 grams a day sounds like a fine amount.
You can also save up your abv and begin cooking with it and supplementing your "state" with the ABV.

To chime in as one of the odd balls you may not need as much as you think. Even just vaping one strain all the time going through a gram a week would be alot for me. I have insanely low tolerance :p but everyone is different. I hope your selections work out well for you :)

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Where did you get that glass piece for the battery? I've been looking for a good dry herb pen attachment.
I don't even know if W9 Tech has any more? I love this thing for flavor.
It is wasteful however I don't care.
To conserve I use the SOLO. However the cool thing about the BENDER is it's all glass and takes a PERSEI 7.4Volts to drive it. I use the HAMMER attachment with this set up.

Not to be a cry baby however lately I wake up with the "MONSTER" in my stomach!

I'm filling my FLOWER jars to VAKE the "MONSTER" away!

The BENDER is more of a intuitive device. Technique is important.
I stir between rips. I like it however not for running around town. Around the house in a garden chair is where I use it.

WAKE & VAKE to rid the "MONSTER" BENDER becomes my friend!

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Hi,

I live in Israel. My doctor recently prescribed Cannabis for me for a variety of issues, nausea being one of them. Before the permit I've been vaping unknown strains (anything I could get my hands on), however now that I have a choice I would love it if any of you could recommend on any specific strain which targets nausea most specifically. The available strains for me are attached, some are still undergoing lab testings so the THC/CBD percentage is unspecified.

Thanks..

betterstrains-147731.jpg
Dizarella and PHD are the two I would go for right away. I've had the luck of finding a collective that has high CBD strains for people that need them. I had one in particular, CannaQuin, which is a cross between Cannatonic and Harlequin. It gave me a lot of vapor but I didn't even get high at all. I did however note a very good analgesic and antiemetic effect from it. If I wanted to get lifted I'd vape some Sour Diesel after some CannaQuin.

Dizarella might be my first choice given that it's 6% THC and 7% CBD if I'm reading this correctly. Nearly 1:1 ratio which works pretty well. For some people high THC strains work very well for nausea, but I find high CBD's/indicas to work best for me. Occasionally I'll find a sativa that works well, but the OG's and Kushes I have available to me are always solid for it.

Keep in mind though that we're all different, what works for you may not work for me. The important part is getting relief from it. Being able to vaporize at different temperatures is also going to really help get the most out of it.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Dizarella and PHD are the two I would go for right away. I've had the luck of finding a collective that has high CBD strains for people that need them. I had one in particular, CannaQuin, which is a cross between Cannatonic and Harlequin. It gave me a lot of vapor but I didn't even get high at all. I did however note a very good analgesic and antiemetic effect from it. If I wanted to get lifted I'd vape some Sour Diesel after some CannaQuin.

Dizarella might be my first choice given that it's 6% THC and 7% CBD if I'm reading this correctly. Nearly 1:1 ratio which works pretty well. For some people high THC strains work very well for nausea, but I find high CBD's/indicas to work best for me. Occasionally I'll find a sativa that works well, but the OG's and Kushes I have available to me are always solid for it.

Keep in mind though that we're all different, what works for you may not work for me. The important part is getting relief from it. Being able to vaporize at different temperatures is also going to really help get the most out of it.
I want to scream from the pain!
SORRY!

I found a clone high in CBD!
It's called CATATONIC!

24"!

As soon as I finish in two weeks my current legal it's on!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
You and me both. My body aches right now...
I'm so stupid!

I love spicey food.
Hot Peppers: Jalapeños, Serrano's, Cabaneros, Red Thai, Etc.

Last night I thought I was a master chef so I created a spread for my gluten free crackers.

I took I cup of RED PEPPER (THAI) Marmalade and mixed a SERRANO finely chopped de-seeded pepper.

It was all time delicious.
However at 10:30PM my stomach hurt like hell! Burning and so painful.
I caused it!
Took 40% YODA and mixed 60% BLUE DREAM to make my vape medicine.
Grabbed a SOLO, ASH COLLECTOR, dhgate BUBBLER, 14mm GonG and calmed down my stomach so I could sleep.

It was my foolishness that opened the door for the "MONSTER" to come in and cause my discomfort!

GenYHippie

I'm so stupid!

I love spicey food.
Hot Peppers: Jalapeños, Serrano's, Cabaneros, Red Thai, Etc.

Last night I thought I was a master chef so I created a spread for my gluten free crackers.

I took I cup of RED PEPPER (THAI) Marmalade and mixed a SERRANO finely chopped de-seeded pepper.

It was all time delicious.
However at 10:30PM my stomach hurt like hell! Burning and so painful.
I caused it!
Took 40% YODA and mixed 60% BLUE DREAM to make my vape medicine.
Grabbed a SOLO, ASH COLLECTOR, dhgate BUBBLER, 14mm GonG and calmed down my stomach so I could sleep.

It was my foolishness that opened the door for the "MONSTER" to come in and cause my discomfort!
Oh man that does sound good but man i know i cant go near it either. At most i can handle 1/4 tsp dried chili flake per 5 cups of fluid. I cand do solid spicy foods at all. Glad you were able to calm it down and get some sleep.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Hi,

Thanks..

betterstrains-147731.jpg
I love this chart.
Printed in and put it in my cannabis note book!

Thank you!

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
For some reason, warm weather aggravates my Crohn's to no end. And along with the return of Spring comes the return of the Monster. I thank God in Her wisdom that She created Ganja. Otherwise, I would have given up a long time ago.

Last edited:

GenYHippie

The monster has been out and swinging recently (stupid hormones and lady bits) and it KOed me last night. The dizziness started then the monster jumped in to party. Stupid me not loading a new bowl i thought i had enough left on my last one and when it wasnt i was too sick to move far enough to get more :(. Now im keeping an extra jar of my PM meds with me rather than just the bowl full. I really did not need to be up and puking till 7:30 this morning

For some reason, warm weather aggravates my Crohn's to no end. And along with the return of Spring comes the return of the Monster. I thank God in Her wisdom that She created Ganja. Otherwise, I would have given up a long time ago.

Im sorry Chronie heat gets to me too but in a different way. The first few days are fine as long as i stick to mostly liquids and take it easy but even with that im always dehydrated which amplifies the dizziness and nausea. There is juts no way i can ingest and keep down enough liquid to be ok so when the heat spikes it IV time so i dont have to ingest as much and give my GI a break.

Im with you on this wonderful plant. When i got my card it was a long time coming. To me it was either try it or start setting aside funeral money and making plans because nothing was giving me any quality of life worth having.

Top Bottom