My Stash

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
SD_haze said:
momofthegoons said:
So, I need some guidance. I was just told that the best grower I deal with is going to have "all purples" coming up. Then I read they don't vape well as a rule. Is there someone out there who knows which ones , if any, do? Nothing worse than getting some beautiful, sticky herb, then finding out it doesn't work with vaping.

It depends if its purple from genetics or the grower made it purple artificially.

If its #2 its going to be less potent aka wont vape as well.

But genetically purple strains are quite potent and should vape fine.

grandaddy purple, purple urkel, grape ape, some of the more common genetically purple strains

Yah, we have a third option up here (north eastern us...) I find that then last outdoor harvest of our (short) season, always has purple leaves, due to temperature drop...

Purpl3_Haz3,

SD_haze

Purpl3_Haz3 said:
SD_haze said:
momofthegoons said:
So, I need some guidance. I was just told that the best grower I deal with is going to have "all purples" coming up. Then I read they don't vape well as a rule. Is there someone out there who knows which ones , if any, do? Nothing worse than getting some beautiful, sticky herb, then finding out it doesn't work with vaping.

It depends if its purple from genetics or the grower made it purple artificially.

If its #2 its going to be less potent aka wont vape as well.

But genetically purple strains are quite potent and should vape fine.

grandaddy purple, purple urkel, grape ape, some of the more common genetically purple strains

Yah, we have a third option up here (north eastern us...) I find that then last outdoor harvest of our (short) season, always has purple leaves, due to temperature drop...

Well that's still artificial purple, even if its artificially caused by forces out of your control =P

SD_haze,

wthanna

...Actually.. that's the most "natural" purple of all.. totally controlled by weather.. Many strains will start to change color when grown in colder temperatures and climates. ;)

wthanna,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Well, speaking of that- here is Kings Kush. It has Grape Ape in it, and it turns really purple in the fall and winter. This is her a few days from harvest. Nice colors- but no purple!

img3143t.jpg

img3141p.jpg

Tstat,

los

there are many strains that will turn purple due to environmental conditions, i have found that some people just dont like purple strains. personally, i have had good and bad, the one thing i have noticed though is that that the true purple strains usually taste grapeish rather they have grapeish tones.

los,

lwien

los said:
....the one thing i have noticed though is that that the true purple strains usually taste grapeish rather they have grapeish tones.

Purple = grapeish? Sounds a bit psychosomatic to me.

On the other hand, eggplant doesn't taste like grapes at all. ;)

lwien,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
wthanna said:
...Actually.. that's the most "natural" purple of all.. totally controlled by weather.. Many strains will start to change color when grown in colder temperatures and climates. ;)

Thats what I was going for, saying that there is another option...Nature.

So, I got some Bubba Kush the other day...gotta say it's one of the prettier buds I've vaped...

edit to fix pic links

Purpl3_Haz3,

Raf007

Retailer
Oh yes Bubba Kush is one of my fav in the Kush Fam !!

Used to smoke that for months when I was living in Hawaii, it's what turned me into the Kushes. That and some NYCD and you're all set for a perfect day :)

Raf007,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Raf007 said:
Oh yes Bubba Kush is one of my fav in the Kush Fam !!

Used to smoke that for months when I was living in Hawaii, it's what turned me into the Kushes. That and some NYCD and you're all set for a perfect day :)

Nice! I would love to be sitting on a beach, or anywhere in Hawaii for that matter, with some kush...

I also have some Sour Diesel, and it goes great with the kush...Id love to try NYCD sometime if it ever shows up here.

Purpl3_Haz3,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
I had the Greenhouse Bubba Kush for a while, but it hermied on me. I do like the smack in front of the face it gives you. Good nighttime vape...

Tstat,

Raf007

Retailer
Purpl3_Haz3 said:
Nice! I would love to be sitting on a beach, or anywhere in Hawaii for that matter, with some kush...

I also have some Sour Diesel, and it goes great with the kush...Id love to try NYCD sometime if it ever shows up here.

Me too ! Miss that a lot.

Tstat
Or good wake&bake, the perfect smack in front of the face ^^

Raf007,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Here is Pineapple Express. What an amazing plant!
img3174mt.jpg

img3152u.jpg

img3151lh.jpg

Tstat,

jimbo

winterize
^^Wow, amazing looking bud Tstat :cool:

Just got some White Rhino in last night.. not the tastiest bud out there but
it sure is potent.

dscn0359i.jpg

jimbo,

colly

Romulan Haze
Romulan x Super Silver Haze

XogfAh.jpg

Cf2ARh.jpg

crUcCh.jpg

8SfQBh.jpg

Just the keif from my 2 pc. grinder after the flowers out of it. Got a nice vape load out of it. Really keify bud.
DnNJjh.jpg

some dust on the lens or something in a few of those :rolleyes:

colly,

Pappy

shmaporist
Tonight I really realize how much I miss Acapulco Gold, Panama Red, and Michoacn. :mad:

Pappy,

lwien

Pappy said:
Tonight I really realize how much I miss Acapulco Gold, Panama Red, and Michoacn. :mad:

And Thai Sticks, and Temple Balls........ :)

And Oaxacan..........

And Ludes, and Owsley, and............... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........(poof)

lwien,

SD_haze

Thai didnt go extinct but no ones exporting it to America because how much high quality bud is homegrown nowadays.

Most strains nowadays are grown to produce as much THC as possible, as fast as possible, and in the process of trying to do that, we've lost subtleties & nuances of the heirloom strains :/

SD_haze,
Top Bottom