My Stash

lwien

So.........about 30 years ago I was in Hawaii and had a chance to sample some Maui Wowie in Maui (of all places :/ ) and I still remember that high today......sitting in the bathtub with my brand new wife with the shower on full blast and we're laughing hysterically. Fun times.

I've never had any since, so it was no surprise that when I saw "Maui" on the menu of my dispensary, I called them up and said............"really?" They told me that it was grown here by a very talented and meticulous grower but that it had the exact same genetics as the original, so...........I fucking ran over there. I thought, well, it may have the same genetics but it wasn't grown outside in Maui like the original but I had to give it a shot.

Wowza....... :o . I'm usually a 1 stem guy with the PD. One stem, maybe just one hit less, usually does me just fine, but one hit of this shit was all I needed, even though I took 2 anyway. Po----------tent.

VaporEyeSore

WatTyler said:
^ +1 Occasionally we see some nice hash makes it across to the UK, but mostly muck unless you have good connections. I once worked with an Afghan ;)

Uncle Sam has made the drug 'problem' * worse, and is pretty impotent to have any other real effect. Even Opium Production has increased significantly since
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...nistan_opium_poppy_cultivation_1994-2007b.PNG.
I think the US would rather the fields were used for hash production, rather than opium poppies.

But hash production has increased too. This extract from Asia Times (whole article is worth a read)
In addition to being the world's leading producer of opium, Afghanistan has now become the largest producer of hashish, according to the first-ever cannabis survey released by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) this month. Again, the US invasion is behind the new record.

The 2009 Afghanistan Cannabis Survey revealed that there is large-scale cannabis cultivation in half (17 out of 34) of Afghanistan's provinces, covering a total area of 10,000 to 24,000 hectares every year (lower than opium cultivation, which covers 125,000 hectares). Afghanistan's crop yield is so high at 145 kilograms of resin per hectare that it overtakes other leading producers like Morocco, where cannabis covers a larger land area but whose yield is lower, at 40 kg/ha.

It is estimated that Afghanistan produces 1,500-3,500 tons of hashish annually, an industry involving 40,000 households. The total export value of Afghan hashish is still unknown, but its farm-gate value - the income paid to farmers - is estimated at about US$40-$95 million, roughly 15% that of opium ($438 million in 2009)......

.....The Taliban regime used opium to finance itself in the 1990s, but outlawed hashish production, some say because hashish was consumed by Afghans whereas opium was for the unbelievers in the West, although the real reason had more to do with the fact that there would have been an uprising against the Taliban if farmers had not been allowed to grow poppies. The Taliban ban on hashish was extremely effective - the crop persisting only in a few places - just like their later ban on opium in 2000-2001[you can see this in the chart above]. But the 2001 US invasion changed all that, leading to the spread of cannabis to new areas, especially from 2005 onwards, according to independent experts and UNODC.

Edit: * And I loosely term it 'problem' because I think that is probably what it is for the nation of Afghanistan. Whatever our personal views on the drug, as a poor nation it ideally needs to develop a more legitimate economy if it is to be sustainable and not be a target for western interference. How you do that somewhere like Afghanistan is the real 'problem'.

Sorry this post is sooo good i had to show my support !

VaporEyeSore,

jimbo

winterize
Got lucky and some King's Kush came my way last night :brow:

dscn0358n.jpg

jimbo,

wilf789

Non-combustion-convert
Those all looks delicious.

Never had the pleasure of trying Maui Wowie but it's something I'd truly love to sample. Saw some in a Dam coffee shop once but it was 24 euros a gram which is ridiculous pricing for that; then again it was The Grasshopper which I quickly learnt is a touristy hole that is ridiculed by most other shops in the city.

This evening I've got my hands on some Afghani #1. An old school strain that hits in the SSV like an absolute champ. Not the biggest on flavour but produces massive clouds. As they say on the Sensi site, 'almost-frightening resin production' - it looks like it's been snowing on my desk :lol:

http://sensiseeds.com/afghani/1p2307.htm

wilf789,

lwien

wilf789 said:
Those all looks delicious.

Never had the pleasure of trying Maui Wowie but it's something I'd truly love to sample. Saw some in a Dam coffee shop once but it was 24 euros a gram which is ridiculous pricing for that.......

Yeah, that price is insane. It was $52.80 US dollars an eighth here. Price is weird, but the price includes tax. Although there is a price break when purchasing in eighths, it would break down to less than 11 Euros a gram.

lwien,

SD_haze

Here is some Bubblegum x Master Kush straight from the medical dispensary here in Southern California.

You can see the nice bits of pinkish purple and its absolutely frosty to the core.

$20/g but this was free being a first time patient there. LEGIT

bubbaj.jpg

SD_haze,

lwien

For some odd reason, purps never did it for me. There are others here who feel the same way. I wonder why that is 'cause others just go ga ga over them. They sure are pretty to look at though.

lwien,

stroh

errl enthusiast
lwien said:
For some odd reason, purps never did it for me. There are others here who feel the same way. I wonder why that is 'cause others just go ga ga over them. They sure are pretty to look at though.

i agree, i find purple strains to have a nice flavor and they sure are some nice lookin' eye candy, but as far as buzz goes i almost always prefer some good ole standard green. of course this doesn't always hold true, and i've had multiple purp strains with a very strong buzz, but for the most part i find them lacking in that area.

stroh,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
stroh said:
lwien said:

i agree, i find purple strains to have a nice flavor and they sure are some nice lookin' eye candy, but as far as buzz goes i almost always prefer some good ole standard green. of course this doesn't always hold true, and i've had multiple purp strains with a very strong buzz, but for the most part i find them lacking in that area.

I agree with this too...every time I have had a purp strain, except for one, it has been a very subtle buzz, not alot of pain relief either. I had one strain that was mostly purple, with green leaves and orange hairs, that had a profound euphoric buzz almost immediately. It tapered into a relaxing indica high within 20-30 minutes. Can't remember the name, but it was before I had a med. Recommendation card, so the name probably wasnt legit.

Purpl3_Haz3,

SD_haze

The reason a lot of purple bud doesnt stack up big time is because its not purple from genetics, its purple from growing techniques which dont do anything but reduce overall potency.

That being said, pit a top tier all-green strain against a genetic purple like GDP, grown identically, I also agree the purple wont beat the green, but in that situation its hardly noticeable.

SD_haze,

Rico420

Blackberry Kush, 25g
20110601004.jpg

20110601003.jpg

Super Skunk- Homegrown, ~20g

20110601006.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Loving the BB kush, this is my second oz. currently getting it for around 180-200 an oz.
Good times.

Rico420,

Raf007

Retailer
@VaporEyeSore
Thx for these information ! never heard about such techniques !
@Flskwat
And that may be one of the reason why people say that quality is not as good when we talk about hash that regularly cross borders and is easily available in France nowadays. So we do agree a bit rite ? ;)

But yes, all thos Kushsss.. :brow: :ko:

Raf007,

Pappy

shmaporist
stroh said:
lwien said:

I find purple strains don't vape well. Combusting may be different which could account for the popularity of purple hairs. :2c:

Pappy,

Raf007

Retailer
I too find that most of the time purples don't do it for me. Even why I was combusting.
Today I just never buy a purple strain whatever the dealer is saying... except if it's offered and I find out it is a good one. Which have been rare.

Raf007,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
This is not quite "stash" yet, but it is a nice, organically grown White Widow (Pyramid). She needs another flush or 2, and then chop!

img3137f.jpg

Tstat,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Yea, I just love this plant. So easy, so quick. And it's a really nice sativa high for everyday use!

Tstat,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
So, I need some guidance. I was just told that the best grower I deal with is going to have "all purples" coming up. Then I read they don't vape well as a rule. Is there someone out there who knows which ones , if any, do? Nothing worse than getting some beautiful, sticky herb, then finding out it doesn't work with vaping.

momofthegoons,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Hmmm, I really don't see why that would be. i mean, buds with more trichs vape the best. If a purple variety is loaded with trichs, then it should vape just fine. Like i said, I use Kings Kush all the time, and it vapes really well. Although OG 18 is a little better...

Tstat,

SD_haze

momofthegoons said:
So, I need some guidance. I was just told that the best grower I deal with is going to have "all purples" coming up. Then I read they don't vape well as a rule. Is there someone out there who knows which ones , if any, do? Nothing worse than getting some beautiful, sticky herb, then finding out it doesn't work with vaping.

It depends if its purple from genetics or the grower made it purple artificially.

If its #2 its going to be less potent aka wont vape as well.

But genetically purple strains are quite potent and should vape fine.

grandaddy purple, purple urkel, grape ape, some of the more common genetically purple strains

SD_haze,
Top Bottom