My secret to THC E-Cig PG-Liquid... Potent, Effective, Cheap, Easy!!!

Happy Jack

This doesn't appear to be an Ocitytimes product if that's what you're trying to say. Don't see it anywhere on any of their product lines, just the shitty regular old buddy style with the non-recessed outtie plug or the dex with the red band. Both of which are shit...

Did you read my whole Post? Cause these wouldn't be made in the same factory as the others as the body on the cart itself is actually different with a recession. If they were in same factory they'd be same carts just different branding, not different body designs that would require different machines to make - so I think you may be mistaken on this.

If you know what kind of carts these are can you place a link please? Otherwise if anybody else out there has any idea please let me know! Maybe is Wiscoo or some other manufacturer just making a bud510 style cart but I just can't seem to locate... Thanks all.
My point is Ocitytimes is nothing more than a trading company for Buddy ..... and perhaps a few other factories as well. But what's so good about these anyways? I would hope something more than just the color of the band, tip style or the blue plug design. There isn't much to change in this design that would affect performance. You've got wicks and coils to play around with but not much else.

Happy Jack,

zebra

Vaper
My point is Ocitytimes is nothing more than a trading company for Buddy ..... and perhaps a few other factories as well. But what's so good about these anyways? I would hope something more than just the color of the band, tip style or the blue plug design. There isn't much to change in this design that would affect performance. You've got wicks and coils to play around with but not much else.

They work better I don't know what to tell you. I appreciate your info but it doesn't answer my question. You also seem to be confused by the premise. I don't know what makes them so much better than the other carte I'm not saying it's the difference in plugs I'm just saying that is one visible difference to differentiate the shitty from the good. Sorry if you think all these carts are the same - they aren't. Some are better than others and these have been the best - no leakage great hits and all 5 I've tried from dank and pickle used this style so obviously there is something to it. The other similar carts from eureka with the red band weren't as good. Am I saying the red band is the reason why? No I am not it's a point of differentiation. So if you can help me tell which disposable bud style cart is which or if it's different manufacturers please do let me know. Something in the design makes it better. I can just tell the superficial differences by eye (thought I made this clear) and was hoping somebody knowledgable would know if Wiscoo or joye made a similar competing disposable cart to the bud510 and this was it or something .

Happy Jack

They work better I don't know what to tell you. I appreciate your info but it doesn't answer my question. You also seem to be confused by the premise. I don't know what makes them so much better than the other carte I'm not saying it's the difference in plugs I'm just saying that is one visible difference to differentiate the shitty from the good. Sorry if you think all these carts are the same - they aren't. Some are better than others and these have been the best - no leakage great hits and all 5 I've tried from dank and pickle used this style so obviously there is something to it. The other similar carts from eureka with the red band weren't as good. Am I saying the red band is the reason why? No I am not it's a point of differentiation. So if you can help me tell which disposable bud style cart is which or if it's different manufacturers please do let me know. Something in the design makes it better. I can just tell the superficial differences by eye (thought I made this clear) and was hoping somebody knowledgable would know if Wiscoo or joye made a similar competing disposable cart to the bud510 and this was it or something .
Ok you finally got to the point of what makes them better ...... no leaking, bigger hits. Much of that depends on the oil and what they are using to dilute it. I had to fine tune several times not only the coil resistance but the wick material to get my oil to not over-flood the coil chamber yet still deliver enough to the chamber to hit good... and every time. At the end of the day, I'm quite pleased with the results I get from what I think you are referring to as the crappy, Buddy produced O-Pen carts. We very rarely get leakers anymore and the oil we use in them has the viscocity of a thick molasses. Yeah I know they have their shortcomings but for what they do .. with the right setup, they do very well. It takes some doing to get a good match between the software and the hardware and it sounds like dank and pickle have that. Having said that, I can almost guarantee that tank design they are using is no different from the O-Pen Buddy tank.

Happy Jack,
Reactions: zebra

Genki88

I also have had problems with cracking tanks when using cc as a dilutant.
8yerro.jpg

Genki88,

zebra

Vaper
Ok you finally got to the point of what makes them better ...... no leaking, bigger hits. Much of that depends on the oil and what they are using to dilute it. I had to fine tune several times not only the coil resistance but the wick material to get my oil to not over-flood the coil chamber yet still deliver enough to the chamber to hit good... and every time. At the end of the day, I'm quite pleased with the results I get from what I think you are referring to as the crappy, Buddy produced O-Pen carts. We very rarely get leakers anymore and the oil we use in them has the viscocity of a thick molasses. Yeah I know they have their shortcomings but for what they do .. with the right setup, they do very well. It takes some doing to get a good match between the software and the hardware and it sounds like dank and pickle have that. Having said that, I can almost guarantee that tank design they are using is no different from the O-Pen Buddy tank.

I called and they are in fact using carts that are not direct from buddy tech. They weren't super forthcoming about where they are getting their carts but they are different somehow. As I said the small changes I saw indicated is in fact different or modified from the standard bud510 just curious if anybody knows exactly how it's different. It could just be a different manufacturer producing bud style carts. But I'm telling you I'm no noob and these are different. The body is modified to a degree that it wasn't a tweak. Dank and pickle have sourced these slightly different carts from somewhere I am just trying to find where. Please if anybody out there knows of other carts that are nearly identical to bud510 but might be joye or wiscoo. The cart is different the seals are different the airhole is different the plug is different. The thing is different. Please allow somebody who may know which cart I am talking about answer. Comparison below:

Non-shitty (Dank tank, Pickled Monkey) disposable, with recessed plug:
rBVaHVXAesyAb47kAAou_RN2tKQ914.jpg

vs.

Shitty disposable that leaks and every other brand uses:
2015-top-selling-510-e-cigarette-refillable.jpg

the latter cart is clearly a bud510 but does anybody know what the first picture is? Very similar but not the same...

zebra,
Reactions: NorVape

Happy Jack

I called and they are in fact using carts that are not direct from buddy tech. They weren't super forthcoming about where they are getting their carts but they are different somehow. As I said the small changes I saw indicated is in fact different or modified from the standard bud510 just curious if anybody knows exactly how it's different. It could just be a different manufacturer producing bud style carts. But I'm telling you I'm no noob and these are different. The body is modified to a degree that it wasn't a tweak. Dank and pickle have sourced these slightly different carts from somewhere I am just trying to find where. Please if anybody out there knows of other carts that are nearly identical to bud510 but might be joye or wiscoo. The cart is different the seals are different the airhole is different the plug is different. The thing is different. Please allow somebody who may know which cart I am talking about answer. Comparison below:

Non-shitty (Dank tank, Pickled Monkey) disposable, with recessed plug:
rBVaHVXAesyAb47kAAou_RN2tKQ914.jpg

vs.

Shitty disposable that leaks and every other brand uses:
2015-top-selling-510-e-cigarette-refillable.jpg

the latter cart is clearly a bud510 but does anybody know what the first picture is? Very similar but not the same...

Yeah I was never implying they were made at Buddy. Sorry for the confusion. There's likely about a hundred factories large and small making knockoffs to the Buddy tank atty. This is just another one. You'll find it someday.

Happy Jack,

chainz

I also have had problems with cracking tanks when using cc as a dilutant.
8yerro.jpg
Does anyone know what solvent is used in CC? i got a The NorCal Sample pack and made a batch of the g-rilla 13 and it feels like im vaping alcohol or something. I didnt heat it with a lighter, instead i held it above my enail to gently melt it together. has everyone else been using a lighter to heat it?

chainz,

Happy Jack

I used a hotplate to mix up a few 1.0 gram samples. Quick and easy. I'll report back with taste results. What was your mix ratio? 0.3 grams CC per 1.0 gram of extract?

Happy Jack,

Happy Jack

Does anyone know what solvent is used in CC? i got a The NorCal Sample pack and made a batch of the g-rilla 13 and it feels like im vaping alcohol or something. I didnt heat it with a lighter, instead i held it above my enail to gently melt it together. has everyone else been using a lighter to heat it?
Upon further review ....... I see where you're coming from and would agree with you ...... does seem like alcohol a bit. It sort of hits you hard on the intial draw and it changed the intial flavor quite a bit as well. All that goes away pretty quickly IMO and turns into a pleasant hit. I've also got a Blueberry and Strawberry in the loop to try. Interesting to see if those are similar.

Happy Jack,

VEGASMMJ

I mostly use the Original CC and thats what I enjoy. But I did mix a batch of Tangerine and a batch of orange in the last 2 weeks and both were excellent. Much better than the blueberry Imo which is the only other flavor I've tried.

I'm also finding that the amount of CC needed varies greatly depending on the product used. Some grams only need .4 while others need a solid .6. Now that I stick with the same brand of shatter where the product is always consistent, it has made it much easier to dial in my results.

VEGASMMJ,

Genki88

actually kind of taste like watermelon frost lol...............weird.
(watermelon frost is some kind of chinese medicine)

Genki88,
Reactions: chainz

randomtoker

So I've been using 2 flavors of Holy Terp for the past few days so I can give a more comprehensive review now. I've vaped a gram and a half or so (because holidays!), only partially filling the tank numerous times to try many different mixes.

Holy Terp - The Philosopher
  • suggested mix: 2 parts HT to 1 part concentrate
  • I tried a couple different mixes between 1:1 and 3:1
  • smells and tastes very strongly of pine sap
  • strong flavor on tongue, but not harsh on back of throat
  • likely contains alpha and/or beta pinene
  • no pronounced secondary terpene effects
Holy Terp - Couch Lock
  • suggested mix: 2 parts HT to 1 part concentrate
  • I tried a couple different mixes between 1:1 and 3:1
  • smells and tastes 'like' musky dank bud, but not exactly like cannabis
  • much subtler and smoother flavor when vaping compared to Philosopher
  • likely contains myrcene
  • no pronounced secondary terpene effects
Like the flavorless Vapeur Extract mix, shatter is mixing great with very little effort. Wax takes a little more vigorous mixing but it still stays mixed great, even down to 1:1 ratio.

I'm using cheap dispensary shatter and wax on purpose ($20/g) because it's cheap and has little/poor flavor and I want to see if I can improve that and make an enjoyable e-cig mix.

In my last tank, I mixed the Philosopher with the Couch Lock and I like it the best. If I were to only buy one of these again, it would be Couch Lock (but I'll probably try their other flavors first). I prefer its aroma and flavor. Regardless, with each separately or combined, I've been adding an extra couple drops of orange, lemon, and almond flavor (pure flavorings). I find that fruity and floral addition is rounding out the flavor and making the vapor taste more like actual cannabis and less like isolated cannabis aroma elements.

Price wise, these Holy Terp mixers seem like an affordable and easy way to make a decent tasting e-juice mix if you're looking to replicate cannabis flavors. A similarly priced alternative would be to buy unflavored EJmix or Puff Majic, or Vapeur Extract, and then buy some of the Pan's Ink flavors and combine them together. I think the end result would be similar cost and juice.

In the long run, the best route would be to buy bulk PEG, PG, VG, figure out a ratio that works. Then buy isolated terpenes and pure flavorings and DIY from scratch (I'm not sure I have the motivation for that yet myself).

chainz

Upon further review ....... I see where you're coming from and would agree with you ...... does seem like alcohol a bit. It sort of hits you hard on the intial draw and it changed the intial flavor quite a bit as well. All that goes away pretty quickly IMO and turns into a pleasant hit. I've also got a Blueberry and Strawberry in the loop to try. Interesting to see if those are similar.
i think i didnt use enough heat mixing, more heat would have allowed me to use less of the Solution and also remove some of the alcohol taste.

chainz,

Genki88

i think i didnt use enough heat mixing, more heat would have allowed me to use less of the Solution and also remove some of the alcohol taste.
I hope that more heat will take away that weird taste...........i just bought a whole bottle of "Original" and it tasted different from my samples for some reason and it is also harsh on the throat.

Genki88,

Happy Jack

I hardly used any heat at all...... in fact you really don't need any heat to dissolve this dilutant (which again concerns me some). In the Blueberry and Strawberry samples, I simply added 0.3 grams of solution in each, used no heat and simply left them overnight. In the morning I just mixed them up with a stir rod. I will admit though that my base concentrate is a very low viscosity BHO that in it's natural state looks and acts like molasses so it really does not take much to make it diluted enough. I also did a sample using 0.2 grams of dilutant and will load that up in a cart to try next.

Last edited:

Happy Jack

I hope that more heat will take away that weird taste...........i just bought a whole bottle of "Original" and it tasted different from my samples for some reason and it is also harsh on the throat.
There's several observations on this CC that make me lean towards assuming it's alcohol based:

1. No heat required to blend with the concentrate
2. Harsh thoat hit
3. It will evaporate within a short time frame (30-60 days) per their instructions

Of course these might simply be the trademarks of any Terpene extract but I'm not so sure about that. The tail-tail sign for me would be whether this solution eats up the wicks in the O-Pen carts causing leakage. If anyone has made up a batch of this ..... filled up some carts and let them sit upright for a week or two and observe of any had leaked, that would be a good test.

zebra

Vaper
Yeah I was never implying they were made at Buddy. Sorry for the confusion. There's likely about a hundred factories large and small making knockoffs to the Buddy tank atty. This is just another one. You'll find it someday.

Hopefully sooner rather than later... anybody here with any clues about other manufacturers than buddy making these O.pen style carts please drop that info here!

zebra,

florduh

I believe CC uses a small amount of alcohol as a carrier for the terpenes. This may sound bad but even some nicotine juice manufacturers use alcohol based flavorings. It tends not to be a big deal because it is a small part of the overall mixture.

My experience has been by following the directions for mixing CC using heat, most of the alcohol must evaporate because I notice no overly harsh throat hits. Occasionally there is a slightly scratchy throat feeling, but it is more akin to when I was using straight wax in a pen. I notice harsher hits with any of the PEG based mixers.

As for CC destroying plastic tanks, it is important to remember even some nicotine juices are known as "tank busters" when using plastic. Generally these are darker e-juices. Maybe plastic isn't the best option for THC juice? If you like disposable carts I'd suggest the glass, "wickless", Bud Nano's. I've had a great experience with them. No major leakage. I have noticed occasionally there is a bit of oil residue on the battery connection, but it is a small fraction of a drop.

gladthaturaglide

Interesting that you guys think alcohol is being used a terpene carrier hypothetically.

I emailed CC to ask about which juices could potentially contain d-limonene because I think that is what was causing some of the swelling and cracking in the plastic cap and choking the wick and ultimately making the cartomizer unuseable. One of the pictures above shows of the same swelling in the plastic cap that I was experiencing. Cc basically kind of tip toed around my questions when I asked about the content of d-limonene in their product. First trying to claim that they don't use it. Then when I pretty much didn't back down they admitted that's it's possible some of the "Limey" (they actually used that term wtf lol) flavors could contain trace amounts of d-limonene. I love these guys product but it's really bugging me that they aren't more forth coming about its contents.

I am also wondering about the consistency of their products from bottle to bottle because I too think that some of my samples were overly flavorful and harsh while others were not. I personally would like to water down my juice a bit to use larger sub ohm tanks but I don't want to do that when the flavoring is so powerful and harsh with such a small amount. I can't imagine mixing this stuff at 1ml to 1gram of concentrate. the whole solution would probably taste like smoking a Christmas tree. (If using grilla).

Thunderclees

Would any of these techniques work with an "Open vape" cartridge & battery? Those are the ones that I can get at the medical store, but I hesitate because they are one-time use and are a bit expensive. Dabs are too much for me right now, so if I can find a way to re-fill one of the Open Vape carts with the wax I can get from the medical store, I think I might have a cost effective way of using a vape & cart setup.

Thunderclees,

florduh

Would any of these techniques work with an "Open vape" cartridge & battery? Those are the ones that I can get at the medical store, but I hesitate because they are one-time use and are a bit expensive. Dabs are too much for me right now, so if I can find a way to re-fill one of the Open Vape carts with the wax I can get from the medical store, I think I might have a cost effective way of using a vape & cart setup.

Yes. My (and many others') purpose behind all of this is to fill cartridges at a lower cost than dispensary pre-fills. You can often make a stronger product as well. The O.Pen style carts are popular on this thread and the generic "Bud" carts are available cheaply as well.

You can purchase dispensary wax and mix it with Puff Majic or any of the other available mixers. I personally use Connoisseur Concentrates' Solution but that is a bit expensive if you're just starting out.

Top Bottom