My secret to THC E-Cig PG-Liquid... Potent, Effective, Cheap, Easy!!!

OttoMan

Yeah you can use budder, the process discussed will work for pretty much any good solvent extraction. Maybe you'll have to adjust your ratios slightly depending on the consistency of your extract but the principals are the same.

randomtoker

Dropped by a dispensary on the way to see Star Wars last night. Picked up a gram of Darth Vader shatter. Dropped it right in the tank, filled with juice, heated lightly with a lighter, shook and repeated a few times. Stealth puffed ghost tokes waiting in line and through film. :ninja:

I like using larger glass tanks even more now. It's great to be able to refill like this on the go without any effort.

Jayt0625

Wouldn't it make it too thick if you use LESS solution? Is it not more like adding more solvent (will EJmix fit?)? Ratio maybe like 3:1 solvent:budder?
For me it's works softer needs less solvent to suspend for easy vaping with simple setups and harder like shatter, real shatter not bendy shatter needs more solvent to suspend for vaping.

Jayt0625,
Reactions: Hyphy

VEGASMMJ

Dropped by a dispensary on the way to see Star Wars last night. Picked up a gram of Darth Vader shatter. Dropped it right in the tank, filled with juice, heated lightly with a lighter, shook and repeated a few times. Stealth puffed ghost tokes waiting in line and through film. :ninja:

I like using larger glass tanks even more now. It's great to be able to refill like this on the go without any effort.
Damn that's hardcore! U must really not like mixing lol. We're you using CC? No stirring needed? Yowza haha

VEGASMMJ,

randomtoker

Well, I wouldn't prefer this method but it's good to know it works in a pinch! :) I used 1g shatter and filled the rest of the tank with vapeur extract mix. The tank has ~2.5ml of usable space so it was roughly 1/1.5 ratio. A few heatings and a few shakings and it was close enough to fully dissolved that it was 'hitable'. Just using it and having it in my pocket seemed to dissolve the rest because I looked at it under a light after the movie and it was fully mixed. I think this would only work with shatter, when I mix with sappy rosin in a shot glass I have to stir it a lot.

Baz

I tested the Crown 0.5ohm coils, it started getting a bit dry at 50W (about 5v). That was way more powerful than I like but the coils keep up well, assuming you're not chain-vaping it or taking really long hits.

Baz,

randomtoker

I tested the Crown 0.5ohm coils, it started getting a bit dry at 50W (about 5v). That was way more powerful than I like but the coils keep up well, assuming you're not chain-vaping it or taking really long hits.
Interesting, I've been wondering about this. I was previously looking at an Aspire starter kit with the atlantis 2 sub ohm. I checked out the Crown since you'd mentioned it before. Looks really nice. I decided to try something just a little cheaper first so I ordered the new Kanger subvod kit which comes with their new topfill version of the subtank called the 'toptank'. It's a simple little plug and play with a fixed 3.7v subohm battery. The 3.2ml toptank comes with a 0.5ohm burner but I ordered a pack of 1.5 replacements. I wasn't planning to use it subohm, but I'm curious to at least try the default burner. I figured it would be perfect at 1.5 for me and the little battery would last longer. Looking forward to the bigger tank and those huge wick holes. :)

Which size Crown tank are you using again? What ratio do you mix at and how fast does it go through it in your setup?

Jayt0625

Update on these new small buttonless battery with nano carts from http://elegantaware.com/vapor-kits.html (just realized I didn't get my chrome battery, got a black one??? Don't know how I feel about that! LOL) good quality, fast shipping, got the case to go with it, perfect to put in front shirt pocket or jacket pocket to hide it. Small quality case. Now for the battery-great little battery. Nano carts-sleek well built, huge clouds for small cart, good flavor, can handle the liquid well. Just my 2 cents.

randomtoker

I just ordered a couple of bottles of the Holy Terp mixer. I got the Philosopher and Couch Lock. Philosopher is labeled "sativa" and described as "citrus and pine aroma" so I figure it's got alpha and/or beta pinene and perhaps limonene. The Couch Lock is labeled 'indica' and described as "natural raw and herby aroma" so I assume it has myrcene. I figure the two bottles are opposite end of the the flavor/aroma spectrum and, if there are any detectable secondary effects, opposite ends of the effect spectrum. I'll use the Philosopher to mix sativa concentrates and Couch Lock to mix indica concentrates. Hopefully they compliment any remaining flavors and secondary effects in the concentrates!

Also, I see their recommended mixing ratios in the guide are listed as 2:1 (mixer to concentrate). That's cool because I like to mix diluted like that, even up to 3:1, so that implies it should still taste pretty good without having to mix super strong like 0.5:1.

Not sure how to post pics??? Got pics of case, carts filled and empty.
http://postimage.org/ lets you post quick without an account.

Baz

Interesting, I've been wondering about this. I was previously looking at an Aspire starter kit with the atlantis 2 sub ohm. I checked out the Crown since you'd mentioned it before. Looks really nice. I decided to try something just a little cheaper first so I ordered the new Kanger subvod kit which comes with their new topfill version of the subtank called the 'toptank'. It's a simple little plug and play with a fixed 3.7v subohm battery. The 3.2ml toptank comes with a 0.5ohm burner but I ordered a pack of 1.5 replacements. I wasn't planning to use it subohm, but I'm curious to at least try the default burner. I figured it would be perfect at 1.5 for me and the little battery would last longer. Looking forward to the bigger tank and those huge wick holes. :)

Which size Crown tank are you using again? What ratio do you mix at and how fast does it go through it in your setup?

It's 4ml capacity, pretty big but there's no need to fill it completely if you're worried about leaking or whatever. I changed the coil today and I did find a small amount had leaked into the bottom area where the airflow comes in but nothing actually outside the tank. I was mixing at 1:1 with Vapeur Extract but I've just mixed up some 3:2 concentrate to Vapeur Extract and it's still wicking just fine and tastes better so I think I'll keep going with this, took longer to mix though! I usually only have a few hits per session so a full tank lasts ages, I'd guess 10 days or so? Probably longer now at 3:2. :p Bigger than it needs to be for our purposes, a lower capacity version using the same coils would be perfect for me.

That Subvod kit looks slick! Looking forward to hearing how you get on with it. :)

Last edited:

zebra

Vaper
I have been seeing the O-pen style cartridges around now that are much improved. They moved back to a standard tip as opposed to the rounded ones that you see everywhere now. They went back to silver instead of the red band. It basically resembles the O.pen design from the original days, but the fill plug looks/is a bit different. I've gotten pickled monkey and dank tanks that both used this disposable cart design and they were among the best disposables i've ever used. My gut is telling me it's simply a different manufacturer. The fill plug is still blue but the hole is recessed so when plugged in the blue "disc" part sits flush, rather than above, if that makes sense. Picture here of recessed vs. not recessed. Has any body here tried a different manufacturer than buddy tech for these O.pen style disposables?

Non-shitty (Dank tank, Pickled Monkey) disposable, with recessed plug:
rBVaHVXAesyAb47kAAou_RN2tKQ914.jpg

vs.

Shitty disposable that leaks and every other brand uses:
2015-top-selling-510-e-cigarette-refillable.jpg

I know the difference is subtle, and I'm not sure the recessed plug does anything toward making this cart work so much better than it's counterparts in and of itself, but it's the only thing visibly different from what O.pen et al have been using forever.... No colored (red, yellow or blue) band on bottom just a regular looking cart that happens to have an innie instead of an outie on top basically lol.... anybody familiar??? thanks all!!!

zebra,

Happy Jack

I have been seeing the O-pen style cartridges around now that are much improved. They moved back to a standard tip as opposed to the rounded ones that you see everywhere now. They went back to silver instead of the red band. It basically resembles the O.pen design from the original days, but the fill plug looks/is a bit different. I've gotten pickled monkey and dank tanks that both used this disposable cart design and they were among the best disposables i've ever used. My gut is telling me it's simply a different manufacturer. The fill plug is still blue but the hole is recessed so when plugged in the blue "disc" part sits flush, rather than above, if that makes sense. Picture here of recessed vs. not recessed. Has any body here tried a different manufacturer than buddy tech for these O.pen style disposables?

Non-shitty (Dank tank, Pickled Monkey) disposable, with recessed plug:
rBVaHVXAesyAb47kAAou_RN2tKQ914.jpg

vs.

Shitty disposable that leaks and every other brand uses:
2015-top-selling-510-e-cigarette-refillable.jpg

I know the difference is subtle, and I'm not sure the recessed plug does anything toward making this cart work so much better than it's counterparts in and of itself, but it's the only thing visibly different from what O.pen et al have been using forever.... No colored (red, yellow or blue) band on bottom just a regular looking cart that happens to have an innie instead of an outie on top basically lol.... anybody familiar??? thanks all!!!

Just an FYI ............Ocitytimes is simply a trading company selling products made in the Buddy factory. .

Happy Jack,

Happy Jack

I have now used CC in over 30 O.pen carts so maybe I can add my 2 cents. I have to say, I have noticed some degradation in the tanks since using this product. A common occurrence is that I will notice hairline cracks that form. It is usually a bunch of cracks together like in the shape of a blooming flower sprouting upwards. They almost always form in the plasic air pathway. But it looks like they are just on the inner part of the tank and not the outer. At first I wanted to blame thesee hairline cracks on me being clumsy and dropping my pen. But I've seen it so many times now over 30 carts and I haven't dropped them all lol. Id say this happens a solid 50% of the time. Does not affect performance however. I've also had 3 carts break apart on me without dropping or anything. They all broke in the same spot at the bottom of the tank right below that plastic stopper.
The cracks are likely a defect in the Chinese manufacturing process that are only visible after use. It's extreamly unlikely the CC dilutant is causing the cracks.

Happy Jack,

Happy Jack

Just to clarify, I haven't really had s chance to test the potency. I'm just going off the common sense approach that 2:1 will be less potent than 1:2.

I find it hard for me to judge the potency though since I typically just do dabs and don't rely solely on the vape pen. I let my friends give me feedback since their tolerances aren't as high as mine.

I'm also located in the north east so it is cold now as well. I'm thinking even though it's more diluted, I can produce a lot thicker clouds. Im assuming that I'm also able to inhale more at the same time, thus making it similar to the more potent counterpart. You will burn through the mix quicker that's for sure.

I ordered from the Holy Terp before it was updated... Aka I didn't know it was a PEG400/PG/VG/Terpene blend. If I did, I probably would of just spent a little more and got the CC solution. Not for nothing, the taste is way better than any PEG400/PG mix I've done myself. The terpenes definitely make a noticeable difference in the taste. Although it's not exactly what I wanted, it's still a quality product.
Surprised you have any positive opinions of a 2:1 diluted oil if you are a dabber. Dabbing a 60% THC product and then using a vape pen solution diluted down to 20% is really a night and day difference and as I mentioned .... I'm really surprised you have anything positive to say on that.

Happy Jack,

caro-line

I just wonder what temperature would be the best for o.pen carts with evic vtc mini.
Any suggestions?

caro-line,

zebra

Vaper
Just an FYI ............Ocitytimes is simply a trading company selling products made in the Buddy factory. .

This doesn't appear to be an Ocitytimes product if that's what you're trying to say. Don't see it anywhere on any of their product lines, just the shitty regular old buddy style with the non-recessed outtie plug or the dex with the red band. Both of which are shit...

Did you read my whole Post? Cause these wouldn't be made in the same factory as the others as the body on the cart itself is actually different with a recession. If they were in same factory they'd be same carts just different branding, not different body designs that would require different machines to make - so I think you may be mistaken on this.

If you know what kind of carts these are can you place a link please? Otherwise if anybody else out there has any idea please let me know! Maybe is Wiscoo or some other manufacturer just making a bud510 style cart but I just can't seem to locate... Thanks all.

Last edited:
zebra,
Reactions: nikcorda

notoriousLrg

sTrange cLouds
I've just ordered some K1's and some Holy Terp Jack. Will report back when it all arrives :)
Don't forget to ensure the atomizer is fully saturated before use. I think letting it sit for an hour or more after filling, and several primer hits should do this.

Also, I started to experience leaks with the k1 recently. I;ve incorporated a technique that keeps the atomizer from flooding and leaking at the bottom onto the battery. First a couple of primer hits (no battery) to ensure the air flow is clear. Then while continuing to inhale, fire the bottom for as long as you need (for me 3 - 4 seconds). Then take your finger off the button and continue to inhale for a couple seconds to properly cool down. This, and also I stopped puffing (sucking in like you would a cigar). Its been several weeks now and no leaks and no gurgling. I;ve got one k1 filled with straight liquid gold and another with crumble and CC at 1:.4 and no issues.

Last edited:
notoriousLrg,
Reactions: NorVape

Baz

I just wonder what temperature would be the best for o.pen carts with evic vtc mini.
Any suggestions?

I don't know too much about these o.pen carts but afaik, they don't have any temperature control options, I think you'd be best off staying on a low power setting if you're using them with an evic vtc mini. If you want to use temp control, a tank with replaceable coils is probably the best bet.

Don't forget to ensure the atomizer is fully saturated before use. I think letting it sit for an hour or more after filling, and several dry hits should do this.

Also, I started to experience leaks with the k1 recently. I;ve incorporated a technique that keeps the atomizer from flooding and leaking at the bottom onto the battery. First a couple of dry hits (no battery) to ensure the air flow is clear. Then while continuing to inhale, fire the bottom for as long as you need (for me 3 - 4 seconds). Then take your finger off the button and continue to inhale for a couple seconds to properly cool down. This, and also I stopped puffing (sucking in like you would a cigar). Its been several weeks now and no leaks and no gurgling. I;ve got one k1 filled with straight liquid gold and another with crumble and CC at 1:.4 and no issues.

Good advice there but a dry hit happens when not enough liquid is reaching the coil while it's being fired, and that causes the wick to get very dry and start to burn and that's what causes the dry/burnt taste. I've heard some people describe what you do as "primer puffs" to help get that liquid onto the coil.

Baz,

Vapvana

Manufacturer
Surprised you have any positive opinions of a 2:1 diluted oil if you are a dabber. Dabbing a 60% THC product and then using a vape pen solution diluted down to 20% is really a night and day difference and as I mentioned .... I'm really surprised you have anything positive to say on that.
You are correct, this really isn't wasn't potent enough for me. My friend enjoyed the cart I gave him (non dabber).

I'm waiting until I can invest the $125 for the CC solution... Until then I'm just sticking with dabs off my lovely d-nail SiC Halo :)

Vapvana,

notoriousLrg

sTrange cLouds
I've heard some people describe what you do as "primer puffs" to help get that liquid onto the coil.
Eeek. Thanks for correcting on difference btwn dry hit vs primer hit. I corrected my post.

Last edited:
notoriousLrg,

randomtoker

That Subvod kit looks slick! Looking forward to hearing how you get on with it. :)

Both the Holy Terp juices and the Kanger Subvod kit came in the mail today. Looks like they both shipped from LA area so, super fast! Here's some juice pron. hah

pixlr_20151222173158001_1.jpg

The Holy Terp flavors are pretty much what I expected. By smell, Philosopher seems to have pinene and Couch Lock seems to have myrcene. While both smell nice to me, I expect I might still add a tiny bit of lemon or berry flavor when I mix to round the flavor out so it doesn't taste too much like pine sap or essential oil.

So, I had about a leftover half g of the darth vader shatter already mixed with some flavorless vapeur extract in my old tank. It was mixed stronger than usual for me. I poured that in the new tank and added an extra 25 drops or so of the "Philosopher". It was dark shatter to begin with and I vaped half of the gram already so that's why it's so dark.

The 'TopTank' that came with the subvod kit is solidly built. It opens from the bottom but also from the top for convenient filling (shown in pic). I could easily do a "road mix" with this tank if needed (mixing shatter right in the tank) because there is plenty of room to drop shatter and drops right in the tank. The tank came with a 0.5ohm burner so I'm trying it out before I replace it with the 1.5ohm burners I intended to use with this setup. The wick holes on the burners are huge (see pic) so I figured it would be ok to try since the Holy Terp mix is quite viscous.

I've been using it for half the day now and it's awesome! Wow, so much flavor and airflow. Hits are so smooth compared to smaller pens. No comparison. Satisfying vapor volume from the kit and this mix tastes great, like pine but it's not overwhelming. It is diluted with flavorless though.

I'm loving this tank. The drip tip has a wide hole and the airflow ring is solid, allowing for good calibration of resistance/flow. I can open it wide and lung hit huge pulls, or close it tight and sip tight little mouth to lung pulls. There's some spattering and sputtering going on, but no more than I'd expect from a wide wick burner like this.

I assumed the 0.5ohm burner would flare too fast and cause the wick to dry and burn. Doesn't seem to be the case. I primed the wick with some drops from the mixer dropper, filled, and let it sit like 10 minutes. If I do a long hit (>6 seconds?) then it's a little funky at the end, but the flow is keeping up. I've found that mixing Vapeur Extract with shatter stays very viscous, but if you're mixing anything sappier like rosin then the mix sort of emulsifies and gets pretty thick. So I'll stick to shatter with this tank if I use low resistance burners.

I'm curious now how the 1.5ohm burners will perform. Hopefully even smoother vapor. I'll blast through this leftovers tank and hit up the dispensary for a 5 pack 'o shatters for the rest of my Christmas present. :) :) :) I'll update when I try the Couch Lock.

**Edit: added links

Last edited:
Top Bottom