Most efficient vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojo

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and I wish I stumbled across you guys earlier.

I bought a super vapezilla 3 weeks ago which is a total disappointment.
Just like I read in one of the existing threads, the vaping session with the super vapezilla takes too long time. I also noticed it does not vape evenly the herb and I have to vape around 400 F to get a consistent effect (usually the temp is supposed around 375 F). It seems I can vape for hours and still have some greenish-yellow herbs.

So I want to buy a new vaporizer, the most efficient one.
I read in another thread that efficiency was more or less based on:
using the least amount of herbs VS getting the most out of the herbs in a single session.
My opinion is that if you can get the most out of the herbs than you automatically use less amount of plants.

The factors to be taken into account are:

- I prefer whip vaporizers
- Convection is a must
- Unhealthy material are not an option
- Portability is not an issue.

My aim is to find the most efficient vaporizer.
Which one sucks out the most of the main compound evenly?
With the super vapezilla some plant material were brown while others were still green.

I thought it was me who did not inhale well but I had some friend try it with the same result!

jojo,

DubCRider

VXC Cloud, get your order in ASAP! It's truly a revolutionary vaporizer.

DubCRider,

lwien

Um.........there's a few different ways to define efficiency in regards to vaporizers. If what you are looking for is a vape that will help you conserve your bud, I disagree with the suggestion above and would rather point you in the direction of one of the log vapes with a very small bowl such as the CRZ's from Aromazap.

lwien,

jojo

DubCRider said:
VXC Cloud, get your order in ASAP! It's truly a revolutionary vaporizer.

From what I read and saw about the Cloud, I definitely agree with you.

The issue is that I live in Europe and there is no European version yet.
Do you have any other suggestions?

In either case thanks for your answer!

jojo,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
If you want the most efficient vaporizer it's probably not going to be a whip vape but a log type vaporizer, do you use a lot of herb or just tiny bits at the time?

But tell us a little more about how you vape too, because it could be just a lack of technique instead of the vape itself.

It helps to get your herbs vaped more evenly if you use a fine grind, and to stir your bowl in between hits. Also try lowering your inhale speed, this will keep the temperature higher than a quicker draw speed thus cook the herb more thoroughly.

OhTheAgony,

jojo

lwien said:
Um.........there's a few different ways to define efficiency in regards to vaporizers. If what you are looking for is a vape that will help you conserve your bud, I disagree with the suggestion above and would rather point you in the direction of one of the log vapes with a very small bowl such as the CRZ's from Aromazap.

I'll ask my question differently:

Which vaporizer, using the same amount of herb, will make you feel the strongest effect?

jojo,

lwien

I apologize in advance for answering your question with a question, but is the bottom line that you want to use the least amount of bud to get to where you want to be?

lwien,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
To be honest I think 'efficiency' has more to do with the user and how they use the vape, rather than the vape itself. I can honestly make all of my vapes work somewhat 'efficiently' if I need to. That is to get high as possible from whatever limited amount I load them with- it's probably more to do with your hitting pattern than much else.

A given amount of bud has a given maximum amount of cannabinoids that can be released, it's just the total volume of the load vaped and how quickly they are released, and how completely which differs.

I think maybe what you are kind of referring to might be those vapes with the smaller bowls that slow down your consumption- then you're more likely not to vape more than you actually need to to get to the level of effect that you're looking for. These vapes use a small quantity release slowly type approach, which lends itself well to efficient consumption patterns. With the vapes with a big bowl that encourage big hits it's easier to overshot this point and take more.

However, thiose fixed temp log vapes with the smallest bowls that slow down your consumption are fixed temp- usually towards the lower end of the spectrum, and so the extraction might not be as complete as a variable/higher temp vape. This aspect is not efficient.

WatTyler,

lwien

Wat, while I agree with most of what you say, I have to disagree with your statement that log vapes usually vapes in the lower end of the vape spectrum, for this has not been my experience at all. Much of this has to do with the types of wood being used along with the girth of the vape. I have no doubt, as an example, that if you contact Rick in Zapville, that he can provide you with a vape that vapes in the upper temp ranges. With my PD, if it ran any warmer, it would tip into combustion temps and I would assume that this would be true for all log vapes made with American Cherry of a similar girth.

lwien,

jojo

OhTheAgony said:
If you want the most efficient vaporizer it's probably not going to be a whip vape but a log type vaporizer, do you use a lot of herb or just tiny bits at the time?

Well I don't care actually, if I can use less herb and get the same effect it is cool.
I used to smoke between 0.3 and 0.6 per day ( 2 j ).

I don't care about the vape type either, I'd rather choose the most efficient one.
So if a log vape is what I need then log vape it is!

OhTheAgony said:
But tell us a little more about how you vape too, because it could be just a lack of technique instead of the vape itself.

Well when the temperature is attained, I put the glass in the heating chamber and inhale, sometimes slowly and sometimes quickly. Like you said I tried different inhale speed and I think that I am not doing it the wrong way ( I wish the problem comes from me not from the vape). Note that I cannot inhale for more than 10 seconds because my lungs are not very strong.
I stir the bowl after each draw, although sometimes the herb does not move as if it was stick together.

Anyway thanks for the advice I'll keep giving it a try.

I once read that the herb should not be grounded very finely, should I grind the herb into very small pieces?

jojo,

lwien

jojo said:
Well I don't care actually, if I can use less herb and get the same effect it is cool.

Maybe this perspective may help.

When I went from smoking joints and bongs to a VaporGenie, my consumption was cut half. When I went from the VaporGenie to the Purple Days, my consumption was cut in half again. When I got a Da Buddha (whip based vape) and a Zephyr Ion (a bag based vape), my consumption doubled back to what it was with the VaporGenie. The amount of bud that I consume with the PD is ridiculously small. Vaping every single night, a gram lasts me over a month.

Hope this helps.

lwien,

jojo

lwien said:
I apologize in advance for answering your question with a question, but is the bottom line that you want to use the least amount of bud to get to where you want to be?

No prob Iwien.
Yes bottom line it is all about using less bud to get the same effect.

Consider vape A and vape B.

To get the same effect using both vaporizers you need to use 0.3 g with vape B and 0.5 g with vape A.
Thus vape B is more efficient.

jojo,

jojo

lwien said:
jojo said:

Maybe this perspective may help.

When I went from smoking joints and bongs to a VaporGenie, my consumption was cut half. When I went from the VaporGenie to the Purple Days, my consumption was cut in half again. When I got a Da Buddha (whip based vape) and a Zephyr Ion (a bag based vape), my consumption doubled back to what it was with the VaporGenie. The amount of bud that I consume with the PD is ridiculously small. Vaping every single night, a gram lasts me over a month.

Hope this helps.

Yes thanks!

I am looking into Purple Days right now

jojo,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
It varies a bit per vaporizer how fine a grind works best, and to be honest I do not know a whole lot about the Vapezilla. You'd be better of looking in the Vapezilla thread for the right answer to that question.

It sounds like you've experimented enough to make it work though, so lets look at other vapes.

With your kind of use I would recommend you a CRZ if you were a American user, but since they don't ship to the EU I think the HI is your best option right now. The Underdog would be another option, but I'm hesitant to recommend that one to EU user after the problems I been having with the EU power supply Dave ships them with. I'd have a look at those models first anyway, see if you think you'd enjoy using one.

OhTheAgony,

lwien

jojo said:
I am looking into Purple Days right now

The Purple Days is no longer being produced. You may be able to find a used one but there are also other options as suggested by Agony above.

lwien,

cluffy

Vaker
OhTheAgony said:
With your kind of use I would recommend you a CRZ if you were a American user, but since they don't ship to the EU I think the HI is your best option right now. The Underdog would be another option, but I'm hesitant to recommend that one to EU user after the problems I been having with the EU power supply Dave ships them with. I'd have a look at those models first anyway, see if you think you'd enjoy using one.

Hey OTA, Blisssville ships overseas and look: ZAPS!
I think you can get a EU adapter, I'd email Blisssville and check it out jojo. Sounds to me like a log is what you're looking for.

cluffy,
lwien said:
The amount of bud that I consume with the PD is ridiculously small. Vaping every single night, a gram lasts me over a month.

Keep in mind that the quality of your herb is going to have a lot to do with this too. lwien, I know from another one of your posts that you exclusively purchase top-quality, $65/eighth medical bud. With mids, that gram certainly won't last you the whole month. I know, because I have a fairly low tolerance as well, but my mids simply won't last that long, even through my PD.

OKcomputer,

reece

I believe efficient use of a vaporizer depends a lot on the user. That said, some vapes do make it easier to be efficient. When I first started, I used the Supreme Vaporizer and my herb was lasting three times longer than when I smoked. Over time it my usage went back up to where it was when I smoked.

Then I got a log vape, an AromaZap (MyrtleZap). It made it much easier to conserve because the bowl was small and when before I could load another bowl I realized I didn't need another bowl (much like my experience with a dugout when I smoked). Over time, though, my usage surpassed what it was when I smoked. With some effort, I got my usage down again to an 1/8 lasting 3+ weeks. Recently, my usage went up to an 1/8 a week again. I am now on my way to getting it back down.

I strongly recommend a log type vaporizer. I have only tried the AromaZap (current version is the Ceramic Rock Zap or CRZ).

The log vape makes it easier to be efficient but it's really up to you. Lwien experiences great efficiency. Is it the vaporizer or the fact he only vaporizes at night? I think it's a little from column A and a lot from column B.

And as OKComputer said, quality of herbs is also a factor.

reece,

lwien

OKcomputer said:
Keep in mind that the quality of your herb is going to have a lot to do with this too. lwien, I know from another one of your posts that you exclusively purchase top-quality, $65/eighth medical bud. With mids, that gram certainly won't last you the whole month.

Agreed, but I believe that the relative differences in consumption between the VaporGenie, Zephyr Ion, Da Buddha and the Purple Days would remain the same regardless if I were using mids or not. With that said, I also agree that if I were using bud of less quality than what I currently use, I would be going through more bud than the measly amount that I have been going thru for the past 3 years thru the PD.

reece said:
Lwien experiences great efficiency. Is it the vaporizer or the fact he only vaporizes at night? I think it's a little from column A and a lot from column B.

All of the above and then some. But please keep in mind the differences I experienced between the Ion, the VG, the Buddha and the Purple Days. With all of those vapes, I used the same bud and I only vaped in the evenings, but yet, my total consumption was dramtically different.

lwien,

makisupacurtain

I have owned a super vapezilla for awhile now, and up until I got the Extreme Q, it was my everyday vape that fully satisfied me. Heres some tips as to how to get a nice consistent vape out of the zilla.

First off, the whip and screen that comes standard arent too great, though they will work fine. I replaced the screen with a slightly thicker one from my shop and eventually replaced the whole whip with one from halfbakedgoods. This helped in my vape efforts, however the standard whip and screen can be used effectively.

I generally set mine to around 420 or so, since I believe that the air actual getting to the herb is atleast 30 degrees cooler than the setting. I like to let it heat up for about 10 mins or so. Then pack just enough ground herb in the whip to cover the screen and press it down flat with a chopstick. Place the whip in the vape and with your thumb over the end of the whip, let it heat for like 15-30 seconds. I find the best way to pull with this vape, is long slow breaths. I describe it to my friends to act as if they are in a hospital getting oxygen, long slow and steady. Using this method I am able to get big clouds of tasty vapor that rival any other vape.

The super vapezilla definitely is not the best vape out there, esp for the money. But dont get me wrong, it will do the trick every time. I call mine the car stereo, and have even had people mistake it for one. The very nondescript design allows you to set it up with computer, or audio, or musical equipment, and none is the wiser as to what it really is until you use it.

Just thought you could use these tips to hold you over till you make your next purchase so that we do not lose a vape believer to the dark side.

makisupacurtain,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
lwien said:
Wat, while I agree with most of what you say, I have to disagree with your statement that log vapes usually vapes in the lower end of the vape spectrum, for this has not been my experience at all. Much of this has to do with the types of wood being used along with the girth of the vape. I have no doubt, as an example, that if you contact Rick in Zapville, that he can provide you with a vape that vapes in the upper temp ranges. With my PD, if it ran any warmer, it would tip into combustion temps and I would assume that this would be true for all log vapes made with American Cherry of a similar girth.

My cherry PD and walnut PD don't get a lot uf use, they run much hotter after a few years burning in. I stick to my ash pd now. I think any CRZ would be a good choice and don't vape on the lower end IMO

IAmKrazy2,

jojo

Thanks for the answers everybody!

I guess log vape is the best option for me.
I looked into HI, underdog and CRZ.
I think I will go for the CRZ, but OhTheAgony said that it cannot be shipped to the EU.

In their website aromazape.com, you can ask shipment to the EU.

OhTheAgony are you sure that they do not ship to the EU?

Another question, if they ship to the EU, do they take into consideration that 220 V are used instead of 110 V?

jojo,

Rick

Zapman
Damn lwein! Make my day! I love to read that "a gram lasts over a month".....with nightly sessions even! Dare I say most other FC folks would not be able to say that. 1/30th a gram a session! You will always be in the record books to me. Thanks for mentioning us in this thread too.
I would agree that efficiency can be a subjective subject. Log vapes do seem to be "the most efficient" but there are differences between the existing log vapes too. Some can give that efficiency in one or two big blasts. Our vape does not do that as well but will deliver the same goodies over several pulls.
Much does depend on the user because those heavier hitting log vapes can also be tweaked down via technique and/or voltage with an experienced user to perform at a different level.
Most log vapes are fixed temperature units but the heat can be changed with slight variances from the standard 12 volt fixed voltage transformer. ie, a variable transformer staying under 13.5 volts, minimum 1 amp will vary the fixed air temperature in a log vape. We do not recommend using the variable transformer because we think our standard 12 volt is just right.

Rick,

jojo

makisupacurtain said:
I have owned a super vapezilla for awhile now, and up until I got the Extreme Q, it was my everyday vape that fully satisfied me. Heres some tips as to how to get a nice consistent vape out of the zilla.

First off, the whip and screen that comes standard arent too great, though they will work fine. I replaced the screen with a slightly thicker one from my shop and eventually replaced the whole whip with one from halfbakedgoods. This helped in my vape efforts, however the standard whip and screen can be used effectively.

I generally set mine to around 420 or so, since I believe that the air actual getting to the herb is atleast 30 degrees cooler than the setting. I like to let it heat up for about 10 mins or so. Then pack just enough ground herb in the whip to cover the screen and press it down flat with a chopstick. Place the whip in the vape and with your thumb over the end of the whip, let it heat for like 15-30 seconds. I find the best way to pull with this vape, is long slow breaths. I describe it to my friends to act as if they are in a hospital getting oxygen, long slow and steady. Using this method I am able to get big clouds of tasty vapor that rival any other vape.

The super vapezilla definitely is not the best vape out there, esp for the money. But dont get me wrong, it will do the trick every time. I call mine the car stereo, and have even had people mistake it for one. The very nondescript design allows you to set it up with computer, or audio, or musical equipment, and none is the wiser as to what it really is until you use it.

Thanks a lot!

I'll let you know in a while how well your tips did :)

makisupacurtain said:
Just thought you could use these tips to hold you over till you make your next purchase so that we do not lose a vape believer to the dark side.

Definitely agree with you, I heard so many good things about vaping, don't want to get back to smoking!

jojo,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom