Most efficient vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojo

stickstones said:
the vapolution is worth looking at especially if you are interested in an all glass system with great taste. Also, no grinder necessary. When this forum first started years ago marcuss was singing this thing's praises all the time. I think there are better vapes out now with really good taste, but not at the vapolution's low price point.

I guess no grinder means high quality heating element, worth the look IMO.
Thanks for the advice.

jojo,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I think no need for grinding rather means that there is a little conduction going on.

OhTheAgony,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
nope...this is a convection vape. You actually roll the weed up into little pellets before loading.

stickstones,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Sticks, try this thought experiment: If you load a pellet, and place it into the a (preheated) bowl but don't hit it for 20-30 minutes, the bowl will be mostly cashed, correct? This can only be the result of conduction as no air has been pulled through for convection vaporization.

I agree that it is mostly a convection vape, but the hot glass bowl will cook your load if you don't finish your session or pull the bowl between hits.

:2c:

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I thought I saw Stu mention that the glass tube/bowl will get quite hot after a while and that a bowl that's left unattended for to long will be spend without toking. I think that suggests there's some partial conduction going on as well doesn't it?

edit; never mind, there's the man himself, lol

OhTheAgony,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
caveat...I've never used a Vapolution.

At this point in my hi, I would agree with what you guys are saying, but this is present in most vapes to some extent. The same thing would happen to my Extreme, the Ion, the LB and most certainly the Iolite family of vapes. Maybe it's more present in the Vapolution...I'm not qualified to say. But from everything I have read, this would be a rare occurrence. How often are you gonna pack a bowl, load the unit, and then walk away long enough for it to be spent without ever hitting it? This is nitpicky shit when the bottom line is it is a convection vape. The HA doesn't need grinding either, and it's not a conduction vape.

Regardless, the point of this thread is efficiency and the Vapolution should be included in that conversation...plus it's cheap and all glass for great taste. I'm tellin' ya, marcuss used to rave about this thing, and that fucker knew his vapor.

stickstones,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Don't get me wrong. I love my Vapolution and I highly recommend it to anyone.

I just wanted to point out that you can not use it the way you would an EQ for example. When I load my EQ, I don't ever worry about losing goodies while I'm not hitting because the bowl is relatively cool. With the Vapolution, the herb chamber is glass on glass and very hot, so conduction begins more quickly. You can not leave a load in the herb chamber for 20 minutes (something I quite often do with my EQ with no worries). It is simply a matter of design differences and since the Vapo has glass on glass in a heated chamber, conduction is much more prevalent than with vaporizers that don't have the herb under constant high temperatures.

It's not a huge inconvenience for me to start and finish a session in a short period of time. I just wanted to point out that because of the way it is designed, you can't leave unattended bowls or they will get roasted.

:peace:

Stu,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I always wanted a Vapolution and almost picked one up a few months back...don't ask me why when I have a demo cloud unit.

I left a bowl on the E for about an hour once when i was really fucked up and it went brown on me, but it took a long while and I was clearly on my second or third bowl. I'm kind of surprised the vapolution does that so much faster, but I guess the AIW is more in direct contact with the heating element than the E. Thanks for the heads up!

stickstones,

nucleo

With the volcano you will end up toking more air, however since it's more diluted, it's smoother on the lungs. not to mention hot air is bad for the lungs, the bag turns cold instantly the moment you swirl it around in the room. Did i mention that the high is better and much clearer? Well using a whip might give you more of a punch but because you are toking more on the bag, your lungs are absorbing a bigger amount of thc. How does this work? The lungs apparently only absorb so much THC per toke, as you exhale, you are also exhaling THC. Yes you've probably read somewhere that THC gets absorbed instantly as it reachs lung tissue, but that didn't mean that all the THC you inhale will get absorbed in that 1 go. Hence volcano bags which contain a high ratio of air allow smoother and more administration of THC to a whip which would be relevantly less tokes than on the bag.

What do you guys think?

nucleo,

lwien

nucleo said:
Did i mention that the high is better and much clearer?

That may be true for you, but that hasn't been the experience of everyone here.

lwien,

max

Out to lunch
stickstones said:
I'm kind of surprised the vapolution does that so much faster
The Vapo bowl, unlike the E bowl, is fairly deep into the heating chamber, and if the temp is also set fairly high, to go with a harder than average draw, it gets quite a bit of ambient heat.

lwien said:
nucleo said:
Did i mention that the high is better and much clearer?

That may be true for you, but that hasn't been the experience of everyone here.
I agree lwien. I've used the 'cano and bagged vapor is bagged vapor to me-also used the herbalAire extensively and sucked some Extreme bags too. There's no magic to the Volcano, despite what some may say. Vaporization is a simple process-apply heat and vapor is produced.

As for exhaling big hits from an SSV vs. taking bag hits, you can load up a bowl in a bag vape just like a whip vape, and take big hits from the bag. I've found myself exhaling too much vapor from bags, just like an SSV bowl. The diluted bagged vapor isn't a fix for this, it's just relatively easier (psychologically) to limit your hit size with a bag. OTOH smaller hits from the bag, plus holding them, makes for more hits, so if the bag is fairly large, there's more vapor loss in the bag, while inactivity with a whip wastes no vapor.

max,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
Vaporization is a simple process-apply heat and vapor is produced.

i would amend that to say: "apply consistent heat" -- if seeking peak vapor experience.

Hippie Dickie,

Darth Vapor

Pathological Vapist
Hi, I'm new to this site but Ive been vaping for years. My brass MZ is definitely the most efficient vaporizer that I own, and I dont really think that any bag or whip system could beat it in that category even on a good day. One nug is good for at least 10 stems in the MZ, and only 3-4 stems are needed to get me super lifted.

I don't understand how people on this site perceive my second love, the Extreme-Q, as being inefficient. Although the cyclone bowl offers potential for a wasteful rip session, I find that a small amount will fill 3-4 bags with some nice milk at 192C. I learned about elbow packs from members of this site but I find them unnecessary- an equally small amount placed in the cyclone will yield a similar effect. Can any other vaporizer get a heavy user lifted off .1 grams?

Darth Vapor,

nickb

SSV w/ Standard HC, LSV HC, thermovape all,
You might want to check out the E-NANO from epicvape,
it appears to be the best of both worlds, looks like it rips fat, and it has a small bowl, and appears to have good air flow, and you can use it for bong rips as well, plus a 2 min heat up variable temp control, and $175 right now, ima get one soon,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
One problem though.. the Epic Vape only works in 110V, US standards. You would need a 220V converter.

Have you checked the Wychwood? It is a log vape made in the UK, it wasn't around when you asked the question.

vorrange,

Pcpvapors

For extraction I found the solo to actually be very very efficient, I placed a 1/4 of a q-tip just enough to cover the holes in the stem so it would collect my stem goo, it also reduced my bowl maximum load slightly to about 2x a log vape. I found myself getting through the day on one stem and about 5 days later I would just flip the cotton over and vape hash all day. Just my thoughts. That would be the "most efficient portable" in my book, however for desktop models the variables all lie on the user really, is a log vape more efficient than the SSV? No, you can pack the exact same amount in both and still vaporize, the problem is that the log vape will be a much more satisfying experience. Truly "relative" term to use. However if "efficiency" is referring to extraction specifically, I would say the herbal aire.

Pcpvapors,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom