Monkeyhouse stems

Monkeyhouse

Accessory Maker
Hi everyone, I'm looking to start making my own cooling stems to offer to you fine people for what I hope will be seen as a reasonable price. I have several ideas and have made several mock ups for vapes that accept 18mm and 14mm joints. I'm making this thread to be able to update you all easily with out highjacking other threads.

Here are some pictures of the stems I've made so far.

IMG_20190227_145805.jpg

These stems were meant for the Mistvape Imp, but the stem design was just changed and they will no longer accept 14mm joints so these stems are obsolete. But I will make stems similar to these in an 18mm variant. The stem on the right allows you to use fierce dosing capsules in the old Imp configuration.

IMG_20190227_152330_1.jpg

These stems are what I hope to be my "flagship" design. They have holes that go through completely to the other side of the glass in aposing directions to interrupt the vapor and hopefully cool it down without restricting airflow. I still have some work to do to get the aesthetics to where I want them to be but the units are functional as is. Currently there is one in the wild and these 3 have been spoken for.

Eventually I hope to offer custom stems such as the short stem in the first picture or more elaborate stems such as this.
IMG_20190227_153102.jpg

I've recently bought a wet saw so that I will be able to offer thicker versions which only come in 19/26mm so I have to cut them down to size to make them compatible with all vapes.

almost there

I's love to give one of these 14mm stems a go if you have a spare you can part with at a reasonable price. I'm thinking this would work as a mouthpiece for my orbitor since mine broke. Look forward to watching your project development, best of luck to you

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
@Monkeyhouse

Nice work!
Love the through hole idea!! Very cool!
Just thinking aloud here... but if you made it much larger, used a female joint, filled the spaces with freezable gel it would be EPIC! I imagined it sitting on top of my EVO giving me wintery cool hits with brightly colored gel pods!

lazylathe

Almost there...
@lazylathe

That is a neat idea if I'm understanding it correctly. Once I get this design down I may grab some glycerin and try my hand at it, I'll be sure to let you know if I ever do. I'm always willing to experiment with new ideas and I'm already visualizing how this could be accomplished.

That's the One! Glycerin!!
Sorry the Chemo Kush was apparently working it's magic by erasing my vocabulary...

Fill the spaces with glycerin, possibly a glass dome on one end and a rubber plug to keep the glycerin in place. So the air flows over and around these super chilled tubes!
Neat idea.

Monkeyhouse

Accessory Maker
bruh i like the last one. Except it just needs indents or through holes for cooling.

Thanks man, I appreciate it, is does have some minor cooling as the walls expand and contract a few times along the length of the stem. Unfortunately it's just for show as I didn't melt the frit in all the way so there are some loose pieces of glass in there, I plan to revisit it at some point and melt the frit in completely so it's not a health hazard.

Monkeyhouse

Accessory Maker
Hello everyone, thought I'd make a quick update. I got my wet saw all set up this morning and the new glass came in last night. Turns out I didn't order thicker glass, just unground joints... Oops. These new stems are Accugrind brand which are 100% American made and have very strict tolerances. The next batch I buy with be their bistabil joints which are thicker than the ones I ordered. The optic quality of the glass is not quite as nice as Schott glass (German) but still higher quality than the import glass I used in the first batch.

I cut 8 of the ten joints, 3 to 22mm, and 5 to 19mm. I was planning on doing 4 and 4 but one of the 22mm joints got a big chip taken out of it by the wet saw so I cut it down to 19mm. @sickmanfraud pointed out that there may be a market for 19/26 joints so I decided to leave 2 of them as is. Here's a picture of the 10 joints cut and flame polished.
IMG_20190228_123608.jpg

And here's a picture of my wet saw set up, for now it's on the ground but I'll look into giving it a more permanent home.
IMG_20190228_114515_1.jpg

The piece of wood helps me keep the glass perpendicular to the blade to get a nice straight cut. I'll need to modify it though as currently it is too tall and it takes two passes to cut through the glass completely.

Unfortunately I think I'm coming down with something as my throat is feeling hot and sore so no glass blowing today. Hopefully this will pass soon and I'll be able to get some real work done.

Azn2101

Order placed for 2x! This is a thread I've been waiting for. A place where different Custom forms of Cooling stems can be Made & Ordered. I kinda wish I had ordered a TUBO stem with 2x horns instead of the Long Navy Blue (Black?) Rhino one with the warts cause that's going straight to the Pelican case & then to the real Safe now cause I have other forms of cooling stems & I would break that in a month or less, without a doubt and a little piece would break inside me cause of the art lol.

Thank you so much @Monkeyhouse. I'm thinking of names for your thread cause with "House" and "Cool"/"Cooling" Stems being the product there's gotta be a catchy, cool name my first thought:

"The Cooling (Monkey)House Inc."

I can do better, the pieces are all there, I just need some time lol.

Monkeyhouse

Accessory Maker
@Azn2101 "The cooling house" has a nice ring to it but for now I'm just using my legal name as my business name as I don't have to register it. Maybe down the line I'll change it.

I do have an Instagram under the name cragglass but I honestly can't stand social media and quickly abandoned it.

Hopefully my throat feels better by the time the glass for your stems arrives as I am excited to see my designs on more vapes.

Azn2101

@Azn2101 "The cooling house" has a nice ring to it but for now I'm just using my legal name as my business name as I don't have to register it. Maybe down the line I'll change it.

I do have an Instagram under the name cragglass but I honestly can't stand social media and quickly abandoned it.

Hopefully my throat feels better by the time the glass for your stems arrives as I am excited to see my designs on more vapes.

Great things come with time man. Absolutely no rush and am so stoked to try the what ill come to call the "Chain" Cooling Stem.

Azn2101,

sickmanfraud

These stems were meant for the Mistvape Imp, but the stem design was just changed and they will no longer accept 14mm joints so these stems are obsolete. But I will make stems similar to these in an 18mm variant.

It is probably worth seeing if the 14mm works the imp with the GONG part removed, 14 mm stem may still be a winner.

sickmanfraud,

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Dear @Monkeyhouse I’m not sure what the tolerances are and I know it’s early days yet but if possible:

Think you should definitely make a vapcap version of your chain link cooling stem, one end 8mm ID for the VC tip and a 14mm joint on the other for those using with j-hook/water tool/what-not. And also make some with just smooth tube for a mouthpiece. VC lovers are maniacs and also with Ed’s Woodscents being so VC-integrated that’s another group of crazy-ass users that love glass stems and gong attachments.

And then there’s the little bad muther Enano, EpicVape has a ton of happy customers and their business is experiencing a new boom after a High Times Award and lots of very clever promotion in the cannabis & vape industries and even pmore awareness overseas. Not sure exactly what their gong ID dimensions are but @ACE OF VAPE or @nadia_epic surely know. I’d be interested in some of your custom stems for my Nano, the one you posted looks like a perfect little gong attachment for the Nano.

I’m sure there’s not enough hours in your day as it is right now, but as your business grows I think that your ideas and work would be appreciated and welcomed by these communities that love to buy all the cool accessories! Not sure if my ramblings are entirely comprehensible but the overall vibe is meant to be congratulatory and encouraging. I’ll be keeping an eye on your progress and hopefully there’s a chain-link stem or two in my future! :peace:

Monkeyhouse

Accessory Maker
@pxl_jockey Those are actually really good ideas I hadn't thought of. Currently I want to get through a few more batches of these 18mm stems and really get the design down because right now my tungsten pick is still leaving residue on the glass so I need to figure out some way to get rid of that. But once I have the process down I will definitely look into adapting my design to other vapess. I'm going to be working on some MUSA stems for @Azn2101 that would also work for for any vape with an 18mm gong.

Obviously it's difficult for me to make stems for vapes I don't personally own but users sharing dimensions is super helpful so thank you for the support.

Look out for an update post in the next few days, my throat's finally feeling better and I'm eager to get back on the torch.

Azn2101

Dear @Monkeyhouse I’m not sure what the tolerances are and I know it’s early days yet but if possible:

Think you should definitely make a vapcap version of your chain link cooling stem, one end 8mm ID for the VC tip and a 14mm joint on the other for those using with j-hook/water tool/what-not. And also make some with just smooth tube for a mouthpiece. VC lovers are maniacs and also with Ed’s Woodscents being so VC-integrated that’s another group of crazy-ass users that love glass stems and gong attachments.

And then there’s the little bad muther Enano, EpicVape has a ton of happy customers and their business is experiencing a new boom after a High Times Award and lots of very clever promotion in the cannabis & vape industries and even pmore awareness overseas. Not sure exactly what their gong ID dimensions are but @ACE OF VAPE or @nadia_epic surely know. I’d be interested in some of your custom stems for my Nano, the one you posted looks like a perfect little gong attachment for the Nano.

I’m sure there’s not enough hours in your day as it is right now, but as your business grows I think that your ideas and work would be appreciated and welcomed by these communities that love to buy all the cool accessories! Not sure if my ramblings are entirely comprehensible but the overall vibe is meant to be congratulatory and encouraging. I’ll be keeping an eye on your progress and hopefully there’s a chain-link stem or two in my future! :peace:

No dude your speaking the lingo I like to hear =D

I'd love me some ENano 8" ChainLink Stems. I am just really stoked because believe it or not there are still cities in SoCal like mine that have no idea about anything progressive is terms of herb except the invention of the Banger and Enail. No local Glass that I'm aware of except I LA where the price skyrockets!

Last edited:

mixchu69

No dude your speaking the lingo I like to hear =D

I'd love me some ENano 8" ChainLink Stems. I am just really stoked because believe it or not there are still cities in SoCal like mine that have no idea about anything progressive is terms of herb except the invention of the Banger and Enail. No local Glass that I'm aware of except I LA where the price skyrockets!
+1 on enano chainlink stem

Monkeyhouse

Accessory Maker
New update! I've put in a few more hours on the torch today and yesterday and banged out a few new stems. Unfortunately (I feel like I use that word a lot) there were a few casualties and I have have 3 19/19 stems right now, one of which is a short stem as I goofed on the third hole and this was the only way to save it.
IMG_20190305_114546.jpg

IMG_20190305_114605.jpg

On the bright side I did get some new glass yesterday. This time I ordered the correct thickness and wow does it make a difference, the thicker glass is way easier to work and the whole process of making the stems is shorter which means I can stick to my original $30 shipped price (maybe even go lower)! Oh and did I mention there's no scuz on these bad boy's?
IMG_20190305_114514.jpg

We'll just have to wait and see how the airflow on these thicker stems are. I think they'll be more restricted due to there being less space between all the walls.

And finally I got to work on some female stems. Now these aren't the stems for @Azn2101 because my supplier sent me 14mm joints instead of the 18mm joints I ordered but they're sending the replacements now and said I can keep the 14mm joints, so free glass!
IMG_20190305_114452.jpg

I'm very excited for these as the airflow seems phenomenal, I'll whip up a few 18 to 14mm adapters to go along with these and I think they may be a regularly occuring product. I definitely want to try one of these with my hopper when I have the chance (in about another month).

I'll try to finish up the rest of the stems I have today and tomorrow as I'll be in the city taking care of my sister's pup (the same one as my profile picture) from Wednesday night through Friday. I'll be back during the weekend and then I'm off again all next week.

Azn2101

New update! I've put in a few more hours on the torch today and yesterday and banged out a few new stems. Unfortunately (I feel like I use that word a lot) there were a few casualties and I have have 3 19/19 stems right now, one of which is a short stem as I goofed on the third hole and this was the only way to save it.
IMG_20190305_114546.jpg

IMG_20190305_114605.jpg

On the bright side I did get some new glass yesterday. This time I ordered the correct thickness and wow does it make a difference, the thicker glass is way easier to work and the whole process of making the stems is shorter which means I can stick to my original $30 shipped price (maybe even go lower)! Oh and did I mention there's no scuz on these bad boy's?
IMG_20190305_114514.jpg

We'll just have to wait and see how the airflow on these thicker stems are. I think they'll be more restricted due to there being less space between all the walls.

And finally I got to work on some female stems. Now these aren't the stems for @Azn2101 because my supplier sent me 14mm joints instead of the 18mm joints I ordered but they're sending the replacements now and said I can keep the 14mm joints, so free glass!
IMG_20190305_114452.jpg

I'm very excited for these as the airflow seems phenomenal, I'll whip up a few 18 to 14mm adapters to go along with these and I think they may be a regularly occuring product. I definitely want to try one of these with my hopper when I have the chance (in about another month).

I'll try to finish up the rest of the stems I have today and tomorrow as I'll be in the city taking care of my sister's pup (the same one as my profile picture) from Wednesday night through Friday. I'll be back during the weekend and then I'm off again all next week.

I don't think I'm gonna have a problem with my stems. Those look sick buddy. Let me know if you want early funding. Always willing to help my suppliers =)

I straight got a chill up my spine they look so damn smooth! It's like the Chainlinks roll into a perfect rounded and from the looks really even on the left & right and not lop sided with the holes not aligned.

Monkeyhouse

Accessory Maker
@Azn2101 don't worry about payment until I finish you're stems, I'll have the replacement glass soon and should have at least a couple down this weekend (fingers crossed) I think I've also come up with a method to keep air from going around the elb even if it's not right up against the glass.

This thicker glass is way easier to work with than the thin stuff I started with making it so the holes come out cleaner and more uniform. I'll have some better pictures once these stems are out of the kiln. I hope to have around 15 stems completed this weekend and will mark the first batch. I may even be able to start on some enano stems as these have come out so well.

Top Bottom