Monkeyhouse stems

Azn2101

@Monkeyhouse I'm stoked man. Before The weekend I'm gonna sit the adapter & Stem next to a ruler and tape measure for dimensions.

So the Original Dimensions of the Sealed post Draw Stem was 19/28 and what he uses now is the 19/26. Not sure if I already told you that but the last 2 weeks have felt like a blended mix of days so I just wanted to make sure.

I'm really stoked that your business is taking off quite well. The Chainlink has so much potential from just looking at it and this is just the first version.

I wonder if one day we'll have some sort of Desktop Vaporizer that can have a set temp going for the oven, let's say 420°F and have the Vapor come out at a different set temperature.

Not even sure an estimate of how hot the Vapor is by the time it hits your mouth but sometimes I feel like I give myself like Perma-Dry Mouth I use such high temps.

I have no idea why but my breathe gets all shake when it gets to be really slow draws.

To go back to your opening post I was wondering if you ever got to try those MV Imp stems with what look like Cooling Steps/Stops to see how effective they were and if they were worth trying again.

Monkeyhouse

Accessory Maker
@Azn2101 Along with the dimensions on the stem could you measure the length of the elb? I have the shorter version that the EQ, Tubo, and now splinter all use, but not the longer ones that the MUSA and Cloud EVO use.

I think you mentioned you have an E-nano as well, if I recall correctly could you take a measurement on the inside diameter of their stems?

I'm currently on a t-break so haven't gotten a chance to test the cooling on any of my stems, just airflow. I've sent one out to another user on here but I believe they are planning to use it on an orbiter.

I plan to make revisit the design to offer as a cheaper alternative to the chain link, if you are interested in testing the design and comparing it to the chain link I could make you a MUSA stem with that design as well.

What do you think of "the cold step" as a name for that design? Or maybe something to do with waves?

Azn2101

@Azn2101 Along with the dimensions on the stem could you measure the length of the elb? I have the shorter version that the EQ, Tubo, and now splinter all use, but not the longer ones that the MUSA and Cloud EVO use.

I think you mentioned you have an E-nano as well, if I recall correctly could you take a measurement on the inside diameter of their stems?

I'm currently on a t-break so haven't gotten a chance to test the cooling on any of my stems, just airflow. I've sent one out to another user on here but I believe they are planning to use it on an orbiter.

I plan to make revisit the design to offer as a cheaper alternative to the chain link, if you are interested in testing the design and comparing it to the chain link I could make you a MUSA stem with that design as well.

What do you think of "the cold step" as a name for that design? Or maybe something to do with waves?

Of course man, I'll get all the dimensions of an ELB, an ENano stem in the morning buddy.

The Cold Step is more catchy and Brandable but more than that
The only...I wouldn't say downside but annoyance, that the current Vapor Cooling design has is that the residue that would normally collect on the walls and naturally build up over time gets heated by the protruding Spikes catching the convective heat.

Not only does The Cooling Step give multiple places for residue to pool instead of getting directly in the Vapor path. Also I'm wondering if the way the design ramps into the ramp on the opposite side will further increase the cooling without impeding Airflow in the same way that ends up causing a general area of the stem to heat from the spikes in a normal design, limiting or at least controlling which areas will catch more heat.

The normal design issue isn't huge because they make great straws for Stem drinks but I only get to do it if I got buy those K-Cups for my roommates machine. But I do have to say that I stopped using the Lamart Cap Stem Cooling Inserts because they just catch too much residue and actually clog & stain the Stem if you don't check them after every session.

Back to the actual conversation though, ya man I'm down to try them to test the idea. It might even be a good way to get stocked at Lamart. Can you patent glass concepts? I'm guessing no cause the fact that DHGate exists but I mean how cool & lame would it be to see your original product ripped off cause it's so effecient/wanted but then losing business to those people would suck massively.

Monkeyhouse

Accessory Maker
I'm not sure about patenting glass, but I'm not too worried about DHGate copying the design as it's a niche product and they haven't copied any other cooling stems so far. And even if I did patent it China really doesn't care and they'd copy it anyways if they wanted to, just look at all the knock off Vapes that come out of there. The main issue is when something is produced in China, once one factory has the designs they'll sell it to another factory or make their own knock offs in order to make more money on the side.

American glass blowers are pretty chill for the most point and don't steal each other's style/design unless they have their own spin on it. Also patents are a PITA to actually get and can take a while to go through all the bureaucratic processes.

JCat

Accessory Maker
I'm not sure about patenting glass, but I'm not too worried about DHGate copying the design as it's a niche product and they haven't copied any other cooling stems so far. And even if I did patent it China really doesn't care and they'd copy it anyways if they wanted to, just look at all the knock off Vapes that come out of there. The main issue is when something is produced in China, once one factory has the designs they'll sell it to another factory or make their own knock offs in order to make more money on the side.

American glass blowers are pretty chill for the most point and don't steal each other's style/design unless they have their own spin on it. Also patents are a PITA to actually get and can take a while to go through all the bureaucratic processes.
These have definitely caught my eye. I think they might show promise for my Splinter-Z as well as maybe one for a Hopper? (14mm female GonG)

I really like the USA made splinter ones, with the nice thick glass, as I feel they do a good job cooling, the newer ones with the thinner glass, and the StemPod ones I have, are ok.

I've been watching this thread @Monkeyhouse and sure seems like things are coming along nicely :)

I would love to get a 14mm female at some point as well as a 19/19 18mm Male for my Splinter-Z (and likely Splinter v2 at some point) :)

Keep up the awesome work!

Edit: Here's my current Hopper setup ... I think your stems could be better :)

IMG-0259.jpg
IMG-0261.jpg

IMG-0262.jpg

Last edited:

JCat

Accessory Maker
Thanks @JCat! Funnily enough I put one of the female stems on my hopper last night just to see how it looked, and if I may say so myself, it looked rather slick.

I'll make a post this weekend of all my stock and prices
The Hopper is just way too hot native IMO, but with a little cooling, it can crush a bowl in 2-3 hits :) (when they are working of course, but no need to derail this thread talking about that!)

Easywider

Simple is the way
The Hopper is such an oddity, heaviest hitting stealth vape but can't be used at performance temp without a rig :hmm: The hopper has always had a hard time finding a spot in my rotation because of this, I to would love a 14mm female cooling stem to make the hopper portable. Nice case @JCat !

JCat

Accessory Maker
Thanks! It's from Delta3D Studios. This kit along with a doob tube or two full of pre-ground canabis, and a mini funnel, also from Delta3D and you're good to go! (assuming your Hopper works :lol: ...). The Monkeyhouse stems might be a better fit though than what I'm using ... leather is flexible though so it stretched to fit nicely with a bit of time :)

vaplen

Hey just wanted to give first impressions on the splinter z stem from @Monkeyhouse

Glass is superb quality very smooth and hard. The only noticeable defects are the discoloring where the holes are. Which I was aware of before purchasing.
Also not all the holes are the same. Some of them are uniform but I have one or 2 holes that are more like tapered craters rather than a hole straight through. (I assume this just takes practice)

Airflow was much less than I thought it'd be but I've never used the xlr8r. My friend confirmed his official xlr8r also has flow restriction. But on the splinter it was negligible. Maybe you should experiment with different hole diameters and maybe also the layout can be played with. I can imagine a stem with 4 straight holes next to each other and not the chain link style.

Onto performance, its beautiful appearance is actually functional. I mentioned restricted airflow but you cannot tell when it is on the splinter. Also it has quieted my splinter z's whistle which is nice. The vapor was so smooth I didn't think it was working:clap::tup: . The only thing that may need to be looked into is how the heat gets dispersed from the glass because my stem was hot although the vapor was cool. (@Monkeyhousthconfirmed this will be mitigated with the thicker glass he is getting). *can't imagine thicker glass BTW its already thicc* So maybe some sort of grip to prevent burning fingers. But not a huge issue if people are paying attention. It also cools off quick.

Also since it cools the vapor so efficiently do not expect a "throat-hit" harshness. Which is enjoyable from time to time

Overall I'm very happy with the limited time I've had with it. I was prioritizing its use over anything else.

Wanted to send this before it wasn't a first impression. I'll send updated impressions even if its just repeating what I stated. I initially sent this to monkey in a PM but I know everyone wants to hear about the quality of his product; so I tailored this message from that.

The included drawing was a nice touch too :) I don't think every invoice will get a hand drawn piece... But mine did :cool:

I support @Monkeyhouse and think his glass will find a place in this market :tup:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I've sent one out to another user on here but I believe they are planning to use it on an orbiter.
I think I would consider that "gilding the lily" but if you are truly after MAXIMUM cooling...

Your work is looking good. I think you will be a welcome addition to our cooling options. Especially if you can keep your prices low...

Azn2101

Hey just wanted to give first impressions on the splinter z stem from @Monkeyhouse

Airflow was much less than I thought it'd be but I've never used the xlr8r. My friend confirmed his official xlr8r also has flow restriction. But on the splinter it was negligible. Maybe you should experiment with different hole diameters and maybe also the layout can be played with. I can imagine a stem with 4 straight holes next to each other and not the chain link style.

Thata for the review man.

That is a very welcome aspect in what I'm looking for in the Cooling Stems for the MUSA. The Draw Tube after the 14mm WPA, opens up to a 18mm again and I feel like the Coke Bottle aspect is humming up faster than any other vape I've put thru the trials.

@Monkeyhouse I wouldn't mind the same build maybe.

ELB=1 & 1/16th" Tall With Lid & 1" Tall without

5/8" wide

ENano I'll have to call my Roommate up cause she has the ENano but I thought I left one of the stems here but I can't find it. Worst case scenario tomorrow I have another ENano coming in and can give you measurements

Monkeyhouse

Accessory Maker
@Azn2101 I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean by the same build, could you elaborate a bit more?

Thank you for the measurements on the elb, those will be very helpful. My plan is to place a tube with an ID that is slightly bigger than the elb inside of the stem about 1/16th of an inch from the end of the female joint. This way if the male joint doesn't sit right up against the elb air won't be able to go around the elb instead of through. The goal it to keep it loose enough that the elb can still slide in and out of the stem as you can't push it out from the other side.

No worries about the Enano measurements, I'm in no rush.

Last edited:

Azn2101

@Azn2101 I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean by the same build, could you elaborate a bit more?

Thank you for the measurements on the elb, those will be very helpful. My plan is to place a tube with an ID that is slightly bigger than the elb inside of the stem about 1/16th of an inch from the end of the female joint. This way if the male joint doesn't sit right up against the elb air won't be able to go around the elb instead of through. The goal it to keep it loose enough that the elb can still slide in and out of the stem as you can't push it out from the other side.

No worries about the Enano measurements, I'm in no rush.

That design sounds awesome for the ELB, very similar to the way ot' s currently designed except if the ELB is curved as the fact that the if you put too much pressure on the Draw Stem as a take is hard rip and it's not sitting with the rim perfectly on top they end up being lopsided. They're technically supporting the whole weight of the Stem.

As to what I meant, my bad that was a really general statement lol. I meant to say I'm more detail that I like the aspect of a more restricted draw on the MUSA.

Thank you on the wait for ENano Stems measurements.

Azn2101,

chillbert

Hey @Monkeyhouse just a shout out to say I signed up for this FC account (long overdue) to tell you that these are awesome. I just have a few questions (apologies in advance if they're dumb):
  • Will this fit a Tubo Evic and a Milaana? I can't recall off the top of my head which one has the slightly off-size joint.
  • How tall is the 18mm female version? Would it work on my cloud evo?
Thanks for sharing your amazing work! Hopefully I can get on the list :science:

Azn2101

Alright an ENano stem
OD = ~1 4/5th mm
ID = ~1mm. Maybe 1.05mm

Ok so after gathering all the info throughout all the messages from @MUSA Vaporizer the main problem with the joints fully seated they occasionally become stuck, breaking the post and/or the WPA.

From reading something on here randomly. I think it had to do with the difference in the XL8R Stems from the US verses the Chinese version and the topic was brought up about Fire Polished Glass.

I'm not totally sure what it is but I'm thinking before you start making the stems that we address this I'm the 2nd stem if you've already made/making the first. It would require cleaning after every session with the regular joint or a miniscule fraction of wax applied to the post or the stem to ensure no sticking will occur but that might produce a nasty flavor, although from experimenting with Dynawax with this I didn't taste anything but again. It was testing and I have gotten meh to good results.

Anyway if the community has any idea that would really help.

Hey @Monkeyhouse just a shout out to say I signed up for this FC account (long overdue) to tell you that these are awesome. I just have a few questions (apologies in advance if they're dumb):
  • Will this fit a Tubo Evic and a Milaana? I can't recall off the top of my head which one has the slightly off-size joint.
  • How tall is the 18mm female version? Would it work on my cloud evo?
Thanks for sharing your amazing work! Hopefully I can get on the list :science:

Hey man I believe the Milanna has the 19/22 or odd sized stems but the RBT Stems swap seamlessly into the TUBO. I don't own a Milaana but I do own a TUBO with an XL8R reg Chinese Stem and it works great.

The sizing for the female Stems are totally up to you =D but the stems he's making for me is for sure the first a 19/28. Depending on how that seems to look, maybe try to arrange a Skype or something cause I just thought about it lol. And yes it will fit an EVO because the Post on the MUSA seems to Taper to a smaller opening on the joint end if that makes sense but is the same otherwise and has to house an ELB above the post and not inside so there will be plenty of room for that if you wanna try a EVO MUSA style :whoa: lol.

Hope this helps man =).

Monkeyhouse

Accessory Maker
Hello everyone! Made some more progress today, but first a quick glamor shot!

IMG_20190308_215628.jpg

Excuse the of colors my camera doesn't like to lighting in this room.

Now onto the good stuff.

I finished the last of the 14mm female stems meaning I have 4 ready for sale and 1 that will be staying with me. In addition now have 2 18mm male stems made from the thicker glass, they're both in the kiln right now so I have yet to test the draw resistance but the holes on these are smaller to accommodate the thicker walls. I also had a break through with @Azn2101's MUSA stems.

IMG_20190308_201005.jpg

This set up will allow the elb to slide in and out from the stem easily while also not allowing air to flow around the elb and not vape the herb inside.

@chillbert Glad you've joined us! To answer your questions I am making both 19/22 and 19/19 stems, both of these will work in the Tubo no issue. As for the milaana and other RBT products, it depends, some can accept both sizes and some can only accept 19/19 stems. I suggest you test to see if you milaana accepts 19/22 stems if you want one, or just stick to 19/19 and you'll have no issue.

As for the 18mm female stems, I'm currently working on a batch of MUSA stems for @Azn2101, these will work on an Evo but if you want stems for the Evo I can offer them for cheaper than the MUSA stems as they won't need the extra bit of glass to hold the elb. The cheapest option for 18mm female stems will be 5-6" (I'll measure how long the blanks are tomorrow) for longer stems the cost will be more as rather than using the glass that already comes attached to the joint I'll have to cut that off and add new glass, which means more work/time to make a stem. If you want to discuss this further we can chat over email although I ask that you hold off for at least a week or two as I have a few commissions I need to fill out first and I won't be able to go on the torch at all this week or most of next week.

@Azn2101 (you're very popular in this post) thank you for the Enano measurements, I assume you mean centimeters and not millimeters as 1mm would be very small.:lol:

As for sticking glass I suggest you buy some beeswax, I have some pellets from @DDave that work very well although I've heard that Burt's bees also works well.

Monkeyhouse

Accessory Maker
@vaplen the stem in the Tubo is the new thicker glass and the stem in the splinter Z is the thinner glass but was made after the initial batch.

The next batch of stems will include some step/wave stems for the Imp, Dynavap, and Tubo/Splinter.

Top Bottom