Mobius Glass

xian22

yes yes i was being a picky ass. with a little water...no residue...and stacks on stacks of bubbles. going to buy a nail today..and a dome probably.
Glad you got a good piece. Do all the slits on the top row fire and if so, does it take a pretty strong pull to do so? Thanks.

xian22,

SD_haze

Glad you got a good piece. Do all the slits on the top row fire and if so, does it take a pretty strong pull to do so? Thanks.
I too have noticed a lot of mobius matrix videos where it appears only a fraction of slits are firing most of the time. For some reason I feel like the stereo matrix perc might have less issues with uneven firing.

SD_haze,
Reactions: t-dub

mlo4sho

Well, I received my Ion Matrix. I am a little turned off by several marks/scratches on the bottom of the can near the Matrix perc. It's a shame because this is such a beautiful piece. I'm not sure if I feel like returning it. The marks aren't a HUGE deal but this piece is so nice I was just expecting it to be "perfect". What do you guys think?

23sf2fr.jpg

28rearn.jpg

33pbqjn.jpg

mlo4sho,

marduk

daydreamer
Looks like you also have uneven perc slits to go with the marks. My perc was absolutely perfect and even all around, which is part of the reason I had a tough time deciding to send mine back for the other problems.

If it were just the marks on the bottom, I'd keep it. But that's just me, you have to know what you can live with.

QC at Mobius definitely needs fixing if they don't want their reputation taking a hit.

mlo4sho

Looks like you also have uneven perc slits to go with the marks. My perc was absolutely perfect and even all around, which is part of the reason I had a tough time deciding to send mine back for the other problems.

If it were just the marks on the bottom, I'd keep it. But that's just me, you have to know what you can live with.

QC at Mobius definitely needs fixing if they don't want their reputation taking a hit.

Looks like you're right. I'm pretty new to this stuff so I was only looking for noticeable imperfections like scratches, scuffs, dents, etc when I initially inspected it. In my opinion this is pretty unacceptable. It does look pretty uneven. I was so excited to own a truly remarkable piece but I'm pretty sure I can't accept this. Here are some bottom shots so maybe everyone can see a little better. I'm really disappointed with Mobius and ALT right now and with the availability of this piece being so scarce I don't even know if I will own one now. Guess I better start contacting ALT.

1z2g08i.jpg

k3p0jk.jpg

mlo4sho,

C-weed

Looks like you're right. I'm pretty new to this stuff so I was only looking for noticeable imperfections like scratches, scuffs, dents, etc when I initially inspected it. In my opinion this is pretty unacceptable. It does look pretty uneven. I was so excited to own a truly remarkable piece but I'm pretty sure I can't accept this. Here are some bottom shots so maybe everyone can see a little better. I'm really disappointed with Mobius and ALT right now and with the availability of this piece being so scarce I don't even know if I will own one now. Guess I better start contacting ALT

1z2g08i.jpg

k3p0jk.jpg
i love that sticker...im leaving mine on...im about to give you all some pics and a video of it bubbling. im having issues posting vids and pics. but i can say that im quite impressed. no scratches. my percs slits are even, and straight as an arrow. im quite certain that my top row is all firing with minimal draw. if i draw moderate to hard the bubbles stack so high that they hit the top of the can. i will in no way be sending mine anywhere. please help educate my dumb ass in the skill of posting media. oh btw...my water level was at deep southern california on the frosted label.

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
please help educate my dumb ass in the skill of posting media. oh btw...my water level was at deep southern california on the frosted label.

For images there are plenty of free hosting sites. I use ImageShack for posting here, they even give you the code to post on forums. Tinypic and imgur are quite popular too.

For standard video, youtube is king. For HD video, vimeo is awesome.

Now you have no excuses, :p, post some videos. LoL

The top row of my Matrix doesn't completely fire, but I'm guessing my table isn't perfectly level either. But once I draw a little harder they all start firing. It stacks to the top of the can with ease, so that's all I care about, :tup:.

Recently went back to my other bubbler for a one night switchup, didn't last two hits before the Matrix took back over, :rockon:. I fu(|{ing :love:my Mobius. Sorry to hear about all the QC issues, total bummer man.

Tweak,

tepictoton

So another blemished piece shows up in a very short time...what is going on with ALT and Mobius? I mean, if you want to catch top dollar then you better come up with top shelf products. Especially the uneven slits and scratches that we have seen should have been noticed by someone no? On the other hand, I had this happening to me when I bought my first expansive piece, a bent raven bubbler, and on close inspection there was a hairline crack at the mouthpiece and several clearly visible cracks in the showerhead...luckily i got a full refund and got to keep the bong, wich has been my daily travel piece now for over 5months and is still holding up...but I doubt ALT is going to let you keep the piece and give a refund. Guess for once I was lucky to order from overseas and shipping it back would have costed more to me and would not have gotten the supplier any further...

Sure hope this gets resolved soon and we get to hear nothing but good stuff again from mobius. As a future potential buyer this has definately made me more doubtfull...

Did anybody ever try to reach out to the mobius crew to see if they felt like making a presence here?

dibdab

Its disappointing to see these pieces passing through both Mobius and ALT's QC with very visible defects and not being caught or stopped from being sent out. I received this Matrix from ALT and was surprised they would let such a piece be sold, it had bubbles ALL along the top of the can and missed cuts in the perc that was very visible and in no way could not be caught. I sure hope both Mobius and ALT step their game up with their QC soon as this is ridiculous considering the prices these go for.

IMG_0807_zps343ce8b8.jpg
IMG_0803_zps23647e36.jpg

Its disappointing to see these pieces passing through both Mobius and ALT's QC with very visible defects and not being caught or stopped from being sent out. I received this Matrix from ALT and was surprised they would let such a piece be sold, it had bubbles ALL along the top of the can and missed cuts in the perc that was very visible and in no way could not be caught. I sure hope both Mobius and ALT step their game up with their QC soon as this is ridiculous considering the prices these go for.

It's tough to see it that bad. I picked up a piece too from ALT and it had two slight blemishes. A small bubble on the piece of glass the perc hangs from and then also a little scratching on the bottom of the mouthpiece. Maybe I'll post a picture.

slowandsteady,

lookmomnohands

ugh hate it when QC is an issue. SO SORRY to those who bought Mobius pieces w/ blemishes, uneven slits, and tool marks. I know what it's like to own glass with questionable QC. All of the Luke Wilson pieces I've ever owned (3 total; 2 diff. 15 arm bubbs and one mini tube) all had some sort of blemish/cosmetic flaws on them. Really disappointing. Drove me crazy too. Sucks paying good money for glass thats got scratches on em!

John Lewus

Correct me if I am wrong but hasn't Alt had problems before? I thought I had read in one of these forums awhile ago (can't recall if this one or another) where Mobius had shipped out some stereo matrix pieces to Alt that did not have a solid disc between the matrices (more similar to something fritted) and it caused the matrix to be bypassed when pulling. Someone had posted that Mobius told Alt to destroy them and they would ship all new units to Alt to sell but Alt ended up selling the flawed pieces and the new pieces as well. I swear I remember reading that but I can't find it.

John Lewus,

mlo4sho

IMG_0807_zps343ce8b8.jpg
IMG_0803_zps23647e36.jpg
That's pretty bad man. Again, this is UNACCEPTABLE. I hope ALT does everything they can to make this right. I'm still waiting to hear back from them but my holiday has already been ruined and I've lost enough time with this whole ordeal. It's just amazing how many poor quality pieces are being sold as new. This isn't cheap glass. Get your shit together ALT/Mobius.

mlo4sho,

lreindl

Pacific NW
60t and 65t currently for sale... as of 2:24pm PST there are 5 60t's left and !!!18!!! 65t's left for sale.

I'm so about to pull the trigger on this 60t... what do you guys think, should I sell my 13" fritted disc David Goldstein for a 60t Stereo Matrix? I already own an Ion Matrix... how do they compare?

lreindl

Pacific NW
It would be coming from ALT. That is another concern of mine... hopefully they'd have their kinks worked out by now and maybe these were put up today for a reason, as if they were set aside from the other shipments. It's still a risk though.

EDIT: Does Mobius Glassworks have a number we can reach?

lreindl,
Top Bottom