Mobius Glass

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
So, I am seriously considering that swiss perc from greenbuddah. He tells me it's 5mm thick glass. I don't know why, but I've always wanted one. For those who have something from him, how is the build quality as compared to Mobius?

Tstat,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
My Mobius quest . . . Clear Reti, Ion Matrix, Clear Matrix, 60t

20130213155437.jpg

These are all really wonderful pieces. Each is unique. I'm in love.

The 60t with that stereo matrix is a work of art, very sleek. Extremely smooth action, great stacking, perfect can size. But there is a little drag. As @jam has posted, with the stemless design you have to sorta pop the surface pressure, then it purrs freely. It's mostly noticeable when compared to the dewar style bubblers, which are all literally drag free. And I'm not sure how much extra the stereo provides when used for vapor. Nevertheless, it sure hits big comfortably, and the diffusion is incredible.

I can see why the Ion is so popular. Completely effortless, easy to handle, incredible matrix diffusion, and the big base is great - with a CloudBuddy, the Cloud can balance easily and safely. This is my piece for sipping, and sessions with the wife or close friends.

But my favorite is the Clear Matrix. It's even more completely effortless than the Ion. With the Cloud, IMO it definitely pulls more vapor more easily than it's little brother. I think the secret is the big bore of the mouthpiece. It's just amazing to not really be pulling, more like just breathing, and watch that can fill with milk. But . . . the can is big - twice that of the Ion. Volume wise, about mid-point between the 60t and 65t. On a thick pull filling the can, my old lungs thank me if I exhale a little before clearing. One other thing - I'm not sure of this yet - but this piece seems to bring out the best in the Cloud: The extraction is amazing, the ABV thoroughly dark brown.

The Clear Reti is even prettier than the Matrix. An inch shorter, different flare at the bottom, genuinely beautiful perc. It also hits effortlessly, the difference is of course in the action, with there being a soft gentle chug compared to the fizz of the matrix. Apparently many prefer it for concentrates, so it's fantastic as a flowers/oils piece.

I can't keep them all. I've found exactly what I want and need, in the Ion and Clear Matrix. I will have to find good homes for the Clear Reti and the 60t babies.

oldiebutgoodie

I just drop the Cloud into the Ion and let it stand by itself and even hit it one-handed.

Yea, I didn't mean to imply the CloudBuddy is needed. Actually it's more stable sitting directly atop. Puts the Cloud a little too close to my schnoz though, hence the CB. :)

oldiebutgoodie,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
i figured you were using the buddy for that reason. no implication...i got that you were saying it has enough stability to hold that configuration securely. I just love being able to hold the Ion in my left hand and support the Cloud with my left finger and hit it one-handed.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I miss the effortless draw of the Ion, and if you say the clear bub is def. as easy of a draw, just more space to fill, then I might still be looking to pick one of those up in the near future...when it's available.

jambandphan03,

oldiebutgoodie

I miss the effortless draw of the Ion, and if you say the clear bub is def. as easy of a draw, just more space to fill, then I might still be looking to pick one of those up in the near future...when it's available.

IIRC you've posted that height was important for you, so just fyi . . . the bubbler is a little over an inch shorter than the 60t. But it's mouthpiece stem has a steeper angle and a wider flare. With the 60t on a standard desk I need to sit tall and bend my head down to the mouthpiece, while with the bub I just lean forward into it. For me at least it is the perfect desktop companion.

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
The Clear Reti is even prettier than the Matrix. An inch shorter, different flare at the bottom, genuinely beautiful perc. It also hits effortlessly, the difference is of course in the action, with there being a soft gentle chug compared to the fizz of the matrix. Apparently many prefer it for concentrates, so it's fantastic as a flowers/oils piece.
My reti has a slightly different flare to my matrix too. It's more of a full bulb where the matrix is the start of a bulb... Kinda hard to describe.
My reti is taller than my matrix though by about 1cm.

Awesome collection of möbius :mmmm:

Hoops

For me at least it is the perfect desktop companion.

I think it may be just a little low for Jam, mouthpiece is right around 12" and I have to bend forward and down quite a bit to get to it.

It's really dependent on the desk height I suppose.

Hoops,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
actually 12" seems to be a good height for me :D I had to raise my chair to use the 60t. I was looking at that photo of the 4 mobius ^^ and mentally comparing the difference in height from the Ion and it looks to be about right to me. We'll see soon enough eh?

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
So, after seeing that Swiss knockoff, I went over to Boro Market and found a perfect Nate Dizzle for sale. It's a 2012 and 13 inches tall. She was asking $325, which is a great price. She then dropped it to $275. I offered $250 and it's on it's way!

I have always wanted one and at that price, I couldn't pass it up. Gotta love BM!

oldiebutgoodie

Mobius noob here. Any reviews on the Matrix Micro Clear? How does this differ from a 65b? Looks like it would be the perfect setup with a Cloud.
https://store.kultureva.com/mobius-micro-clear-with-matrix-perc/dp/8436

Ya mean like my post near top of this page? ;) There are other posts, incl for the 65b. Try the Search feature top-right, limited to this thread, with search terms like "review" and/or "65b" and/or "clear" (it accepts a boolean statement if you know how to do that).

Btw, the Clear's can volume is very close to the 65b's tube. The 65b stemless is like the 60t, see my comment above about that.

oldiebutgoodie,

Reveen

Really want a Ion Matrix... so hard to find though! Not to mention I live in a state with absolutely no local shops. Hoping I find one someday!

Reveen,
Reactions: lreindl

toros23

Really want a Ion Matrix... so hard to find though! Not to mention I live in a state with absolutely no local shops. Hoping I find one someday!

If you haven't already tried, go to Mobius site and look up their dealers. Then just go down the list calling them and see if they have one they will ship. I found a shop down in SoCal that hooked me up and it just delivered today. It took me about 6 tries but quickly found one on West Coast. Just be prepared to send a money order if they are not setup to deal with phone or online orders.

One thing interesting about my new Ion Matrix is that it has a taller chamber and slightly shorter mouthpiece than my older one. The chamber on the new one is 4.5 inches where my older one is 4 inches tall. Can't tell a real difference yet, need to do more testing.......

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Well, my möbius collection just got another member :tup:

I just paid for a 60t :D
I should have it in a week or so :tup:

It's kinda funny how I paid for it;
First, I bought a möbius matrix disc piece from BM, but it wasn't exactly what I wanted, so I ended up trading that for a hitman turbine tube.
I didn't end up loving that one either, so I ended up trading that for a möbius nano matrix.
I then saw a post in the classifieds here from a member wanting to buy a matrix tube, so I sold that with the funds to be reserved for a stereo matrix.
So when I saw
I will have to find good homes for the Clear Reti and the 60t babies.
I jumped straight on the PM and organised a deal :tup:

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Well add me to the Mobius list, :rockon::tup:

Been digging around for a nice daily driver, but was never happy with anything I found other than Mobius glass, and it is always out of stock. Then last night I found Your Highness's post with a link to Kulture and this morning there was my $$ in my account I've been waiting for. It's a sign, :nod:.

I'm so.... effin... pumped.
http://fuckcombustion.com/members/your-highness.9692/

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
Bought this from greenbuddah(and a previous pipe before). It should be in later today so I'll tell y'all how it hits.

Just an update on this. The piece is very...graspable would be a good way to put it. A water level that allows for nice diffusion but that also doesn't come up to your mouth is a tad difficult to mediate. Best method I've come up with is to fill the bottom chamber and inhale up into the reti.

VaporEyes,
Top Bottom