Mobius Glass

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I keep running out of closet space. I'm on my 4th one now and its almost full. 2 more pieces on the way and its going to be pretty tight.

BigDaddyVapor,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Just found this piece on ioffer double perc, top one if pretty much a knock off of the reti perc. Bottom perc is fritted/lattice/mesh/honeycomb perc. Great prices for those that are waiting or cant afford mobius.

http://www.ioffer.com/i/honeycomb-to-reti-perc-bubbler-533967704

Edit: above link is to a new member, colieglassworks, in the description it says all items are made to order. I found the same piece for cheaper from a seller with a bunch of good reviews but no description

http://www.ioffer.com/i/12-inch-honeycomb-matrix-waterpipe-530920600

Mynameismud,

rufus

whats the deal with boromarket ?
i created an account but can't see threads without paying ?
is it worth it to join ? ...it's got me curious.

rufus,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
It's kinda like the classifieds here, a place for glass owners to get together and buy/sell glass.

Most people end up saving the $50 back through savings on purchases
I've definitely saved way more than $50 compared to the retail prices of some of the stuff I've picked up.

I'm currently negotiating a deal on a 60t that'll save me about $65 compared to buying it from ALT.

If you're into collecting glass, or buying & selling pieces regularly, I'd say the BM sub is totally worth it.

For a one off purchase, id say it's only worth it of the piece you want is super rare (and already on BM), or going for $50 less than you'd be able to get it from elsewhere.

That reti Bub I listed earlier is $40 below ALT, so you can see how the savings can potentially add up over multiple purchases.

I also love it for browsing, introducing myself to new brands, percs, heady techniques etc.
:2c:

toros23

I hear ya, thanks for posting. I already have one, was just interested in that one because of the fatter perc and thought it couldn't hurt to have a backup. Also, Berkeley is not exactly around the corner for me.​

toros23,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Well hell, I replied to the CL ad with an email asking for more info. Looks to me like the seller pulled pics off the web w/o realizing one is an Ion and the other a Clear. That's not an easy mistake to make, but then again who sells "flawless" Mobius for only $200? I also asked about the perc; I agree that it looks like the first-generation matrix (which btw I've seen debate whether it was better or not than the current perc; anyone know the actual difference?).

The answer should be interesting (on the outside chance I'll get a response at all).

oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: Roger D

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Well hell, I replied to the CL ad with an email asking for more info. Looks to me like the seller pulled pics off the web w/o realizing one is an Ion and the other a Clear. That's not an easy mistake to make, but then again who sells "flawless" Mobius for only $200? I also asked about the perc; I agree that it looks like the first-generation matrix (which btw I've seen debate whether it was better or not than the current perc; anyone know the actual difference?).

The answer should be interesting (on the outside chance I'll get a response at all).

No difference in action of the perc. Just half of it, never fired. It's an efficient perc, so they shrunk it down.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: Jeppy

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
No difference in action of the perc. Just half of it, never fired. It's an efficient perc, so they shrunk it down.

Thx for the info, BDV. My new Clear takes 5 oz water to, er, clear the matrix (I was surprised, but it doesn't seem to create any drag). I wonder if that orig larger perc required more water, and with it, drag?

oldiebutgoodie,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I'm not sure about the water. I assume less. I was told the reduction was aesthetic and because half of it was unnecessary. No, on additional drag.

Story I got, from LHS guy, that knows friends of friends. So the info, isn't totally solid... but he always knows what he's talking about, with a sweet custom 65T, so I'll take his word. :D

bassplayer

Just got a Matrix Ion. The place where I bought it had an Alex K downstem in it, I bought the downstem with the Ion. Has anyone here tried using a downstem with the Ion? The guy at the store liked to use the Ion/downstem combo for concentrates and the Ion without downstem for vaping flowers...

bassplayer,

toros23

Just got a Matrix Ion. The place where I bought it had an Alex K downstem in it, I bought the downstem with the Ion. Has anyone here tried using a downstem with the Ion? The guy at the store liked to use the Ion/downstem combo for concentrates and the Ion without downstem for vaping flowers...

Haven't tried it but I want to now. Did you try it? If so, how was it? Is it a 3.75" downstem (4.25" total)?

toros23,

bassplayer

Haven't tried it but I want to now. Did you try it? If so, how was it? Is it a 3.75" downstem (4.25" total)?
Tried it last night - hitting it dry with just water I can definitely tell the difference but with the Cloud I honestly could not tell much difference, without the downstem seemed to be a little easier of a pull but not that different. Next time I try a concentrate I'll do the same test.
With or without the downstem the Matrix Ion is a very nice piece, I just have to be careful with the water level as it's fairly easy to put too much in and get splashback.

bassplayer,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Wow, that stuff looks great! I always wanted a Swiss:
holey-moly-19mm-waterpipe-8af8.jpg

Tstat,
Reactions: Roger D
Top Bottom