• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Mobius Glass

jambandphan03

in flavor country
well, I will be enjoying the process of trying to decide which of the 2 tubes I want to hang onto. I figure I should give it at least couple of weeks, to see which ends up really working best for my set up. It's so hard to tell in a short time, once I get past initial reaction, I tend to vary from day to day what my experiences are until I go for a bit and things stabilize, got to let the new wear off. Who knows, this COULD be the beginning of a collection, but it's just too soon to know for sure.

Hoops

Yea, that is the sellers home, I guess. Why do you ask?

Just seems a bit disorderly. I would assume someone treats their glass similar to their home. I'm sounding a bit snobbish as my home isn't much better but I give my glass the white glove treatment, so maybe it's irrelevant. Something about the pizza box next to that gorgeous artwork is bugging me.

Either way, i wish you the best on the acquisition if you do end up pulling the trigger.

Hoops,
Reactions: Roger D

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Fred, Is this the case with all 65b's? I see what you are saying, but i haven't seen that on any of the other stereo's.
Nah, I think they are early but not 1st gen stereo matrices.
I remember reading that the slits were introduced to make it so the water level would always be the same after a hit, but then they were stopped because they make less air flow through the matrix.

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: Hoops

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Just seems a bit disorderly. I would assume someone treats their glass similar to their home. I

Yea, he's a kid, though. Anyway, the glass looks to be perfect. I haven't sent payment yet, I'm waiting for the listing on BM. He says he will throw in 2 slides (don't use them) and a dabber and dish. Never had a dabber, hehe.

Tstat,
Reactions: Hoops

makisupacurtain

Personally, I wouldn't buy a mobius with the old style matrix perc. From every video Ive seen of the old style perc, it seems like the slitted disc between the matrix percs causes the bottom matrix to not fire, but instaed for the slitted disc to act as a disc diffuser. Here are a couple vids I found of the old style percs.

makisupacurtain,
Reactions: dormouse

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Hey jam, is this how yours fires? ^^^ It looks like sometimes the bottom matrix isn't doing much, but sometimes I see that it does. I still haven't paid for this yet, so... yea, I don't know...

Tstat,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
mine seems to go right up through the inside of the lower matrix, and up into the top matrix

jambandphan03,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
So, basically, like the video? Are you saying that the bottom matrix doesn't really perc as much as the top one?

Tstat,

makisupacurtain

Jam has the newer and current version of the matrix with a solid disc in the middle. The newer version allows the bottom matrix perc, which is an inverted showerhead, to bubble up the connection into the other matrix perc. The original design with the slitted disc, seems to allow too much airflow to the bottom of the matrix, and makes the bubbles come up through the disc instead of just the connection between the two percs. This video is how Jam's and all the newer percs fire.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Water, like electricity follows the path of least resistance. The slitted disc is a design flaw, significant enough... that I wouldn't want it.

Get something you're not going to be fretting over all the time, Tstat... wondering if you made the right choice.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
so I know of kulture and ALT glass for online mobius, is there any other online source that carries them?

jambandphan03,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Those are the only 2 I know of. So, I still haven't decided on that 65b yet. He was supposed to give me a video, but I haven't seen it yet.

Tstat,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I don't blame you for being careful Tstat, if that is the older style w/ the slits I would be thinking more about it too. Might be harder to resell later if you decided you didn't want to keep it long term. Something to consider. I do think its a cool looking piece.

jambandphan03,

max

Out to lunch
so I know of kulture and ALT glass for online mobius, is there any other online source that carries them?
I've looked, off and on, and haven't found any. Mobius does list, on their store locator page, over 30 retailers in the US. It's likely that some can easily sell all their Mobius pieces without the hassle of selling on-line, but some probably don't have a website or one set up for buying on-line. You do get phone numbers with the store locator, and some may be fine with selling over the phone via credit card or money order.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
so the 60t I am expecting said "Limited" in the description and I saw another described as "Limited" on a Youtube video, so what makes it "Limited"?? anything special about it, or is it just a short run, or title??

jambandphan03,

u bwade wunner

Jam try these guys Dementia.They are in Cali, had the full range including the B and T and the larger matrix bub when I picked my Ion up before Xmas.I went to the Santa barbara store.leave youre purse at home,just go look:D

u bwade wunner,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Dementia is hit or miss. Their Sherman Oaks location blows (small stock) and is overpriced. They didn't have a single Mobius when I visited.

BigDaddyVapor,

u bwade wunner

I went to the Santa Barbara Dementia store and all their Mobius were in a separate cabinet, maybe a dozen pieces.wish id got a photo but i was mesmerized by sparkles in that cabinet.:)

I payed i think $330 for the Ion.and the young couple running the show were Friendly as,gave me Med discount and and then filled several pieces for me to try out inc the T.it was an easy decision right there and then.so maybe hit the Santa barbara store with a call,if you have had a bad experience....

nice neck of the woods too.Can t wait to go back!

u bwade wunner,

u bwade wunner

I think the Kardashians live there and oprah.I was happy though to pick it up there.limited choices.
I drove North after that but I didn t post it home until i got to fort Bragg near the ave of the giants.

the Ion works well and is real easy to clean,I guess similar to your e new DR piece.
Congratz,Real nice piece and perc you got there BDV

u bwade wunner,
Top Bottom