• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Mobius Glass

lwien

Why do you guys think that Mobius took the dome off of their Ions and made it a flat top. I sure like the looks of the domed top better. Do ya think it is just easier to make it flat or that there is some type of performance thing that caused this change?

lwien,
Reactions: Jeppy

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
I suspect ease. I know one thing. My CRZ accidently dropped in to perform a marriage ceremony between my 14mm adapter and my Ion. :bang:

Jeppy,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I suspect ease. I know one thing. My CRZ accidently dropped in to perform a marriage ceremony between my 14mm adapter and my Ion. :bang:
What happened, Jeppy? Is the adapter just stuck, or...:uhoh:

:peace:

Stu,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
Though married to the adapter cling-on, she's still as pristine as day 1. :leaf:

Jeppy,
Reactions: Stu

GratefulVapor

Phish Head
Was worried about cleaning me matrix . Easy peasy.
Easiest cleaning glass i got.
You need to get yourself a basic strait tube or beaker, THAT is some easy cleaning!:spidey: Travel Tube would do you right(SSFG). It may be 'older' tech. & design, but sometimes simplicity is the tits.
Not saying the Matrix is difficult to clean, just that a bubbler as nice as that with a non-removable mouthpiece & fixed downstem needs the utmost care & attention when cleaning. At least for people like myself who have a bad-record breaking glass whilst cleaning. :disgust:

GratefulVapor,
Reactions: wootze

wootze

You need to get yourself a basic strait tube or beaker, THAT is some easy cleaning!:spidey: Travel Tube would do you right(SSFG). It may be 'older' tech. & design, but sometimes simplicity is the tits.
Not saying the Matrix is difficult to clean, just that a bubbler as nice as that with a non-removable mouthpiece & fixed downstem needs the utmost care & attention when cleaning. At least for people like myself who have a bad-record breaking glass whilst cleaning. :disgust:

Got plenty of tubes & beakers. I can shine the INSIDE of the matrix.

How, u ask; fill w/ zep drain deodorizer , (organic citrus). Let sit. Drain. Flush in sink. No shaking. Just direct h2o into dewaar joint, comes out mouthpiece. The mobe is the daily driver.

GratefulVapor

Phish Head
Fresh stock of MOBIUS Tubes on ALT. Grab em while there hot. I see a 65t just begging to be purchased.. :bowdown:

GratefulVapor,

NoddingDonkey

Oil, Glass & I'm a bit of an ass
I patiently await the 65B. I may be waiting a long time.
I am on the fence between 65b and 65t stereo matrix. I will have the option to buy both or either in 3-4 weeks so says my source. I have heard negative reviews about the toilet plunger mouthpiece on the 65b so likely to go with both, or just the T.

Unless someone can point me to a 65T in-stock on a shelf somewhere around LA?

NoddingDonkey,

Your Highness

Cannasseur
I am on the fence between 65b and 65t stereo matrix. I will have the option to buy both or either in 3-4 weeks so says my source. I have heard negative reviews about the toilet plunger mouthpiece on the 65b so likely to go with both, or just the T.

Unless someone can point me to a 65T in-stock on a shelf somewhere around LA?

I love my 65b! I have never heard any negative reviews, only impressed stares. And what's this about a toilet plunger mouthpiece?! ???? Don't get that one...

Your Highness,

NoddingDonkey

I love my 65b! I have never heard any negative reviews, only impressed stares. And what's this about a toilet plunger mouthpiece?! ???? Don't get that one...

alt_12-20-11-407.jpg

alt_9-12-12_mobius-40.jpg

i wish they had reamed/marvered the B's mouthpiece more

NoddingDonkey,

NoddingDonkey

Popped into ALT and they had a couple of stereo matrix in stock... :brow: I think santa is going to be nice to me this year.

http://aqualabtechnologies.com/scientific-glass/mobius-glassworks.html

I knew better than to trust their email alert system! I was on the phone with that dutch texan yesterday and he told me they expected their next order in Q1 2013. ordered a 65T. Thanks for the heads up.

Now I have a sexy Alex K shower head down stem and no piece for it to call home...owell, life has presented worse problems this year.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
glad you got in on it Nodding... I got the 65t too... would probably prefer the height of the 60t can, but they only had the male gong version, and I'd rather have the female gong, it looks further away from the can, and no need to use an adapter for my cloud. Very merry Xmas!! :brow: I see some smooth sailing ahead.

NoddingDonkey

I don't think you'd like the 60T more than the 65T unless you're one of those odd sorts that enjoy used bong water for tea. You could always ask this guy:

I wretch slightly every time i watch this

NoddingDonkey

Ya this piece is quite sexy. I am stoked on it for a daily driver. I hope it cleans easy. I tried to buy a Mothership recycler a few weeks ago but the auction got way too rich for my blood real fast and closed around $3600. I won't pay that for clear glass, even with plumbing more intricate than I will ever understand.

How far from ALT are you? I expect my tube on Friday, and with a fresh batch of shatter curing from yesterday's purge, this weekend IS my christmas. I hope my hammer rod gets back from D9V soon because even using a lighting cycle timer for my hakko i am literally looking out my office window all day towards my house going "k, i dont see a plume of smoke...its probably off...and if its not off it probably didnt fall and start a fire...probably...because that is exactly what would happen if it was on and did fall, like instantly. Your dog would die. You might go to jail. your life would definitely be fucked in the ear.

And that's why my illadelph hot hit rods just got dug out of the bong bang I deserve an award for knowing they were inside of. I can't use a Hakko for the same reason I can't smoke Haze...who's there?! what was that?! paranoid much?!

NoddingDonkey,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I'm in Eugene OR, the tracking shows it's processed through the first sort facility. Could be possible Fri or Sat delivery if all goes well

jambandphan03,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
One of these days ill get my hands on a 65b...

Oh, and I just noticed the penta perc on ALT with PaKoH blasting.
http://aqualabtechnologies.com/scie...mobius-x-pakoh-pentacle-disc-perc-collab.html
While it seems a bit pricey to me, it doesn't sound unreasonable for a möbius piece with high quality blasting (especially considering ALT probably makes a decent profit in a piece that price) and PaKoH seems to be one of the biggest names in blasting so far as I can tell.

That brings me back to this möbius collab with JAG
http://aqualabtechnologies.com/scie...bius-jag-diamond-disc-perc-tube-collab-8.html
It's almost $500 more, and (IMO) kinda fugly
I seriously don't understand the pricing on that one :shrug:

Also, I've noticed my matrix bub has developed a bit of a brownish tinge to it, which my admittedly fairly well used ISO hasn't seemed to lift.
I've gotta get some fresh ISO soon anyway, but I've just ordered myself some PBW (check out this thread if you aren't familiar http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/pbw-the-chemistry-of-clean.7854/), so ill throw up some before & after pics once I've tried that :tup:

NoddingDonkey

crazy to think ALT is successfully doing exactly what JBD was raided and rolled for. We are making some progress I suppose. And ALT does not even hide behind a tobacco veil, which i respect but always thought a bit ballsy.

NoddingDonkey,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Yea, Jam... I really dont think you are going to like the 65. But, I'll buy it from you in a few weeks!

Top Bottom