1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Mobius Glass

Discussion in 'Glass' started by treecityrnd, Feb 12, 2012.

1. MoltenTiger

MoltenTiger Well-Known Member

Can you scan the IQ code on the hologram to get a unique identifier or something?
    Mobius brought them out after their designs were being ripped, so I figure they are actually functional stickers?

I see no reason that it would be fake though, it looks immaculate and amazing. I would go as far as to say there is not a chance that it's a fake just from those lovely pics. (super nice collection happening there dude).
    Perhaps if the guy you bought it from via Instagram deals with the stupidly expensive, this to him is just a quick bubble wrap & throw-in-box piece. I don't know, I can't really understand that logic aha
    It could also be how he gets to the bottom-dollar price, saving the 30 for a pelican?

At the end of the day, it got to you unscathed and looks to be totally worth it!

2. KimDracula

KimDracula Well-Known Member

Wonderful piece there. It's definitely not a clone. I'm trying not to buy any more glass for the next year or so but I would grab this in a heartbeat otherwise. I also like the RDS a lot. I use my Ion II constantly.

3. Rabbi

Rabbi Active Member

For what its worth, I'll give you my own input:

Reading most of the thread, my interpretation of the thread favorite is the: Mobius Nuc. Some actual owners can hopefully chime in though and give you some first hand experience. From what I remember reading, it lines up with what you listed.

The big decision for me, was between the Recurve Incycler and the Atom. I went with the former because some members mentioned the Atom was a warmer vape, where I really desired a cooler one. Unfortunately, I'm still waiting on my complete setup to ship, so can't comment on stability with the Recurve Incycler.

@Cannabis Connoisseur How stable is the new Mobius with the Liger 30mm sitting on it?

FlyingLow and Shrike like this.
  4. Cannabis Connoisseur

Cannabis Connoisseur I LOVE LIFE

I would like to add that with the EVO it hits PHENOMENAL!! No whip!
    14mm male to 18mm female adapter!

5. abcd5432

abcd5432 Well-Known Member

Can you explain to me how I order from this place you're speaking of? I was unaware they had online retailers. I'm sure my local store has sales/will bargain with me too if I bring cash vs using my CC.

This is a time to go and test some pieces my friend. I have tried to hit up the major pieces by seeing them in person. That's what started my infatuation with mobius. I think I'm going to go look at the local shops again though and see what good stuff there is. I like pyrology too a lot. I'm sure I've given American glass a lot of shit since I've seen China stuff, but America we're still the most innovative.

Just look at the atom.... get it!!!!!! Lol. I love the atom. Also probably cheaper than the recurve. Try the recurve in person though man. Look and see if a local shop carries them. I'm going to check my local shop out on 420 when they reopen. Maybe I can get a mobius piece for relatively cheap that day.

6. Cannabis Connoisseur

Its extremely stable! But not as stable as the Ion. If you bump it hard enough it will tilt over. @MoltenTiger scanning the code does take you to the Mobius site

7. Gn0sis

Gn0sis Well-Known Member

I just wanna say I absolutely LOVE the Binary Matrix as a daily driver for dabbing... For me, it's the perfect balance of flavor and diffusion with very little drag and an ideal height of just under 11 inches.

For my tastes and preferences, Mobius glass pieces are the best and my original plan was to have a collection of them to rotate as daily drivers. But, the Binary ends up being the only piece I use. The 50t comes somewhat close. The Watertrap is amazingly smooth, but it's too short for my desk to be convenient for daily dabbing and I'm scared to use it frequently because of the rarity.

I'm hoping cIRcLE brings out a new original model or two in 2017 that could be comparable in size and performance, yet different from the Binary Matrix.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    Rabbi, MoltenTiger, SSVUN~YAH and 3 others like this.
  8. abcd5432

So what makes ya'll like Mobius. Especially someone like @Gn0sis with so many Mobius pieces.

jpdnkstr likes this.
  9. Chicken Charlie

Chicken Charlie MicroDose Cognoscente

Succinctly put...Superlative function concurrent with exquisite design.

Stu, Shrike, invertedisdead and 5 others like this.
  10. nodrog

nodrog Well-Known Member

I recommend the Nuc, Atom, or 50a, 50b, or 50t. I wouldn't go bigger than that, and I'd prioritize the matrix perc over the smaller percs such as in the new recurve incycler, but I haven't actually tried the new model. In my experience, the Nuc is small enough for great flavor (despite the diffusion), and has no chug or resistance to speak of. Big flat base, so zero enail stability issues.

11. jpdnkstr

jpdnkstr Well-Known Member

I'm still rocking(and love!) my 60t, haven't tried the new ones yet...

12. nodrog

nodrog Well-Known Member

The ONLY thing I don't like about the Nuc is what I don't like about all small/short bongs -- the mouthpiece isn't at a convenient height for frequent desktop use. For me, about 8-8.5" is just slightly inconveniently low, prefer closer to 10-11". As I use the Nuc with an enail, I *can* pick it up, but usually end up tilting my neck to reach it. I've sometimes placed it on a riser, but that feels unsteady with the e-nail attached. Otherwise, the experience of the Nuc with the matrix perc is as fabulous as ever. I've also used the Nuc as a hand-held bubbler for combustion (sadly, still happens sometimes) and it's great for that as well.

I have been totally fantasizing (GAS attack) about picking up a 50b, especially as I expect sales around 4/20. The height is better for me for frequent desktop use. My question is whether the size of the can makes it less than ideal for concentrate vaporization, where you usually want a smaller volume. I'd appreciate any thoughts on the 50b specifically for concentrates. https://jfriendly.com/products/detail/mobius-50b-stereo-matrix-bubbler

[​IMG]

jpdnkstr and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  13. Justpassedu

Justpassedu Well-Known Member

Anyone happen to own the 65T ? , I see they have a new version of it but i am possibly going to purchase a 2nd hand og model of it and just wondering how you may like it . Ty

jpdnkstr and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  14. nodrog

nodrog Well-Known Member

15. mrbonsai420

mrbonsai420 I love Grass and Glass!

Every $1000+ rig I own has been packaged exactly how you describe! :rofl: Yes that is genuine, no way that is a knock off. I am seriously considering a colored version of this by @circle.glass !!

Gn0sis and jpdnkstr like this.
  16. jpdnkstr

jpdnkstr Well-Known Member

I use my 60t for both e-nail and vape x hale og cloud usage, the 65 will have slightly more volume but should be fine.

Justpassedu likes this.
  17. Cannabis Connoisseur

Just do it Bro! For all the boys and girls out there in Tv Land! I live vicariously through you!! If I didn't have kids that Sour Nectar & Borialis Recurve would be them!! Hands down the most beautiful pieces. And i don't own any $1000 pieces, Bro but i thought that price range automatically put a piece in a pelican case. Like free shipping! If that Hondo had've shown up like that Me, Smith, & Wesson might've taken a road trip!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
    SteamfunQ and jpdnkstr like this.
  18. vapor gator

vapor gator Well-Known Member

GAS strikes again. I don't know much about oil but this piece is so cool I figure she will serve as an excellent guide!

[​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG]

Rabbi, c76man, KimDracula and 14 others like this.
  19. rizzoizzoz

rizzoizzoz New Member

finally got my mobius sidecar today... im loving it! I need to confirm about cleaning.... after rinsing with ISO, is it a good idea to put the unit into the dishwasher to get rid of the residual ISO? anyone tried? any input welcome. thanks!

MinnBobber likes this.
  20. MinnBobber

MinnBobber Well-Known Member

IMO, dishwasher is too rough for a Mobius.
    I use Powdered Brewery Wash (PBW) instead of ISO but for either I would then:

wash in hot water and Dawn detergent, then 3 or 4 rinses in hot water, and then do an interior swish/rinse with distilled water. Dry exterior and then fill with distilled water.
    Tap water has minerals that can dirty the glass.
    Just my routine.

Baron23 and MoltenTiger like this.
  21. abcd5432

This might be over the top, but I've been thinking about this:
    http://thesweethome.com/reviews/best-under-sink-water-filter/

An under sink water filter for either my kitchen sink, or a specific sink that I use for filtered water for things like drinking or filling up pieces.

Too much lol?

I also wanted an ultrasonic cleaner.

MoltenTiger likes this.
  22. c76man

c76man In search of the best terps and smoothest vapor

How long are the hologram stickers staying attached for everyone? Mine came off after 3-4 cleanings, but I am using an ultrasonic cleaner with Alconox.

abcd5432 likes this.
  23. KimDracula

KimDracula Well-Known Member

The sticker on my Ion II is holding up well with normal manual cleanings with water, alcohol, and PBW. It still looks like new more or less. It doesn't ever get soaked in anything although I'm not careful about scrubbing it when I clean the outside.

Baron23 and c76man like this.
  24. Cannabis Connoisseur

Mine came off with the first clean and i stuck it back on and it's never came off again.

25. nodrog

nodrog Well-Known Member

Interesting discussion. It never occurred to me to keep my hologram sticker on in the first place -- discarded the day I bought the piece. I think it might be valuable only if you plan to resell, or if somehow you have friends that might not believe it's an *actual* Mobius. My Nuc is used and cleaned all the time, I can't see trying to keep a factory sticker on it in pristine condition long-term.

FlyingLow likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors