1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Mobius Glass

Discussion in 'Glass' started by treecityrnd, Feb 12, 2012.

1. c76man

c76man In search of the best terps and smoothest vapor

Resale was the only reason I cared. I hope to never sell it, so it is probably moot. It would be that extra piece of mind for helping a sale go through. I agree it looks better without the sticker.

2. HexNailAva

HexNailAva Co-Owner & CMO (Hex-Nail) Manufacturer

Biggest thing? You could point at any piece on a Mobius shelf while blindfolded and be happy with what you walked home with. You're guaranteed to walk home with a beast.

Happy with the quality, happy with the form, happy with the function.

My 50T is still the piece I regret selling the most to this day. It's tough to describe what a 'dream' would hit like...but I'm pretty sure it'd hit like a 50T. :lol:

------

Oh, and just to chime in on the sticker subject. Mine seemed to stay on well but bugged the crap out of me because it was on the side of the base and I caught the corner with my nails all the time. I was asked specifically if it still had the sticker when it was sold (so it's a big deal to people in that sense).

If you can manage to get it off cleanly I'd just slap it on the underside somewhere...Not sure why they don't just put them all on the bottoms now that I think about it.

Gn0sis, mutten840 and Shrike like this.
  3. GodfatherScar1376

GodfatherScar1376 New Member

^This right here. Mobius pieces seem to have the perfect combination between pure function and pure art once you look at certain pieces. Every model they have has a purpose, although I will say the matrix perc, while awesome, has kind of taken over. I wish there were new Retti pieces in the works. I have a colored 60T and just picked up a similarly colored Minibeak. Also, many colored Mobius pieces are made out of in-house colors that John makes himself.

Might as well give a little image example :D
    This is my new Minibeak, made out of Mobius's Halo color and Jet Black, even looks different depending on high light vs. low light, and has an awesome little matrix perc at the bottom. Wish it came with a colored dome instead though just because.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. nodrog

nodrog Well-Known Member

Have any 50t's been made with the ball instead of the shield as the connector/stabilizer? I like the ball a lot more, but only see the mobius logo shield version in the ones I can find online. I keep thinking of buying a 50T or 50B, but.....I just can't justify it. Aarrgh! GAS will have to wait.

5. nodrog

nodrog Well-Known Member

I made a new video of me using the Mobius Flower Pot vaporizer. Check it out!
    Click to play YouTube Video

6. organicali

organicali Active Member

How do you like the flower pot?

7. nickmo

nickmo New Member

Now that I have a Liger 3.0 on the way I have been feeling deficient in the glass department... I've been browsing for a few days and it seems like I need a Mobius Matrix in my life! From the last few pages it seems like people recommend the Nuc? Before reading this thread I was leaning towards the Micro Matrix II because it is taller than the others (Nuc and Ion). My setup isn't at my desktop, I have my rig on a counter so I am typically standing when I dab. Also, I prefer 18mm over 14mm since all of my nails and adapters I currently have are 18mm. The Matrix II (10.75" -18mm), Ion (9" - 18mm), and Nuc (8" - 14mm) all with the Matrix perc look very similar to me aside from the hieght/base/joint differences. Any advice from other owners out there?

My current setup is a cheap DHgate piece (i know) which is about 10" in height and I have to lean in to pull off of this one as is: http://www.dhgate.com/product/two-functions-honeycomb-birdcage-perc-glass/213425798.html Currently paired with a High Five LCD Enail w Quartz eBanger.

jpdnkstr likes this.
  8. MinnBobber

MinnBobber Well-Known Member

@nickmo ,
    I assume you mean the Ion II as the original is no longer in production (from Mobius site of 2015 and 2016 products).
    I have the original Ion, not the Ion II and love it. Prefer the classic straight sided can, not the curved Ion 2.

From the picture, the Micro Matrix II base looks narrower than the Ion II. Generally prefer a wider base for max stability.
    Do you have the base diam for each?

Are you dabbing at a counter, standing? In the pictures, the Ion II mouthpiece looks like it points higher than the Micro which appears to exit slightly more sideways so the Ion might be more ergonomic for standing???

You probably can't go wrong with either as Mobius pieces are top notch

jpdnkstr likes this.
  9. nickmo

nickmo New Member

@MinnBobber ,

Yes, I am standing and have to lean in. I don't want a piece that is too tall with a longer air path, I prefer this style under 12" so I'm going to be leaning in regardless. I also prefer the straight sided can as opposed to the curved Ion II.

Mobius Micro Matrix II
    Height to the mouthpiece 10.75"
    Height to the 18mm joint 7.75"
    The base is 4" wide

Mobius Ion Matrix Bubbler
    Height to the mouthpiece 9"
    Height to the 18mm joint 5.5"
    The base is 4.75" wide

Mobius Nuc Matrix Bubbler
    Height to the mouthpiece 8"
    Height to the 14mm joint 5"
    The base is 4" wide

Mobius Ion Matrix II Bubbler
    Height to the mouthpiece 8"
    Height to the 14mm joint 5.5"
    The base is 4.5" wide

jpdnkstr likes this.
  10. ensabbahnur

ensabbahnur Well-Known Member

I'd go NUC with an 18m/14m adapter, and use the female joint adapter with the direct inject on the liger.
    Since you're vaping concentrates you'd prolly want a smaller can size for better flavor and less clinging to the walls of your glass. Also the m/m adapter will keep all the heat off your piece and with the direct inject stays pretty clean. I think the ion 2 is the smoothest draw of all the mobi i have tried to far but i also like the straight can look over the curved.
    I have the ion 1, ion 2 and the atom. i have used the micro matrix 2 and the NUC. I exclusively vape concentrates so that is where my opinion is based.

Puddy, jpdnkstr and Shrike like this.
  11. nickmo

nickmo New Member

Thanks for the input. I opted for a new Ion, in the middle of the road between the taller Matrix II and the shorter Nuc. Plus, all my existing gear is 18mm. Should be arriving today!

MoltenTiger, jpdnkstr and Shrike like this.
  12. nodrog

nodrog Well-Known Member

I'm kinda lusting after a 50T or 50B right now. Someone tell me that there isn't that much difference between one of those and my Nuc, please! I'd love the opportunity to try before I buy, but alas.

13. invertedisdead

invertedisdead trance-form

There's a lot of differences between your Nuc and a Recurve/RDS though ;)

14. nodrog

nodrog Well-Known Member

OK, how about between a 50T/50B and a Binary Matrix? They look like pretty much the same perc in the same size can with slightly different configurations. Anyone here tried both and can comment?

15. Gn0sis

Gn0sis Well-Known Member

Got the 50t and Binary Matrix.

I only use em for concentrates. Binary is my overall favorite, but 50t is a very close second. I switch between the 2 as my daily driver.

They function very differently. 50t has a 50mm can size and uses much less water, while the Binary matrix has a 60mm one. The vertical and cut in half matrix perc in the Binary hits like an entirely new perc compared to the regular one in the 50t.

MoltenTiger, MinnBobber and nodrog like this.
  16. nodrog

nodrog Well-Known Member

Thank you VERY much for this. I like the idea of using more water, as cooling the hits is desirable. Could you unpack the perc difference, with the understanding that it's pretty subjective in any case? Is one more "smooth" or "chuggy" than the other? Is one easier to draw from?

I saw a binary matrix FS for $300 and that is appealing given the ~$500 new cost of either the 50T or the binary matrix.

MoltenTiger and Gn0sis like this.
  17. Gn0sis

Gn0sis Well-Known Member

neither can be described as "chuggy" both are pretty much dragless, but the Binary does have slightly more to it.

with the 50t, you get a very light and airy hit right away. the air passage between the percs is wider and less restrictive. with the binary, there is slightly more restriction and a small "chug" at the beginning of the pull as you get the water moving

MoltenTiger, nodrog and jpdnkstr like this.
  18. nodrog

nodrog Well-Known Member

SO PSYCHED! Proud owner of a binary matrix. Woooo! I know this is "fuckcombustion.com" but I'll probably use this for the times I combust flower. I'll try dabs out of it in any case! Loving it so far.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Size comparison with the Nuc. I wonder if I could use a hose or curved piece of glass and thereby convert the Nuc into an ashcatcher for the Binary Matrix? Set next to each other, the opening of the Nuc mouthpiece is only a few inches from the bowl of the Binary. Hmm. I think that'd be for novelty value only.

[​IMG]

Not going to use it with the Flower Pot, though. The handle gets way too close to my face!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    Gn0sis likes this.
  19. FlyingLow

FlyingLow Team NO SLEEP!

no pics.... photobucket issues.

CuckFombustion and MoltenTiger like this.
  20. Hagbard Celine

Hagbard Celine Discordian anarchist

I have the original Mobius Matrix and Reti bubblers. Considering another Mobius but wanting something a little different. Looking at the 50T, Binary Matrix, and Recurve Incycler right now. I'm suspecting that the Incycler might be the more different between them all.

Would love to hear more about the differences with the Mobius Recurve Incycler and these other Matrix bubblers.

Shrike likes this.
  21. ensabbahnur

well the biggest and most obvious difference is the recurve is a recycler and the rest, aside from the rds, are standard bubblers. there is a good video on mobius webpage off their instagram that shows the drain function pretty well. i LOVE my recurve, i just wish it worked with my ligers

MoltenTiger and lazylightning like this.
  22. ensabbahnur

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Picked this up back in March, apparently its a thing they are doing now. Lips and Feet.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors