Discontinued miVape by Vaporfection

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Stu did you tell them your thoughts about the path and whatever you were talking about so maybe they will take what you said into consideration? We all want the best product made even if we don't end up with it.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I did, and they told me that the production models will be an improvement over the prototype.

I must say (full disclaimer here) that I had just finished taking some mind-numbing hits on the Devastator over at the Cloud booth, and nothing could really compare to that. I tried to be objective in my assessment, and I didn't spend a lot of time with it.

I would like to reiterate that I would wait for some real feedback of production units before judging this vaporizer positively or negatively. It deserves a fair shot and I think it will get it.
:peace:

Edit: I forgot to mention that I had asked the Vaporfection guys if they had anything new in the works. Dan replied "Yeah, the Pax killer". I asked if they were going to build a conduction vaporizer to compete with it and he responded that no, it will be convection. It seems that the portable market continues to grow. This is a good thing for consumers, but potentially a very bad thing for those of us suffering with VAS.

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
Thanks for the comments, Stu, and for passing on the message! And thanks for taking time to stop by the booth. I'm pleased that you feel the miVape is promising. I look forward to trying it out.

Cheers!

Vapinghole,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

Unless Stu has small feminine hands. Which i doubt that's the case.

That sucker looks large.

It looks taller than the Wispr but not as thick.

Looks even bigger than a Davinci.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Unless Stu has small feminine hands. Which i doubt that's the case.

That sucker looks large.

It looks taller than the Wispr but not as thick.

Looks even bigger than a Davinci.
I took the pic, but was not holding it. His hands however, were normal size.

I'd say that it's about the same depth/thickness as the Wispr actually, but a little taller and not as wide. It is similar in size to the DaVinci, but just slightly bigger.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Edit: I forgot to mention that I had asked the Vaporfection guys if they had anything new in the works. Dan replied "Yeah, the Pax killer". I asked if they were going to build a conduction vaporizer to compete with it and he responded that no, it will be convection. It seems that the portable market continues to grow. This is a good thing for consumers, but potentially a very bad thing for those of us suffering with VAS.

Are you sure he was talking about another new upcoming vaporizer and not the mivape when he said the pax killer? Just curious cause the description sounds kinda vague and , theres no release date yet for the mivape and its technically still in the works...

Mynameismud,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Are you sure he was talking about another new upcoming vaporizer and not the mivape when he said the pax killer? Just curious cause the description sounds kinda vague and , theres no release date yet for the mivape and its technically still in the works...
I had the same thought later in the day as I recalled the conversation. I definitely got the impression that he was referring to a new model, but he may have mis-understood my question and I may have mis-uderstood his response.

FWIW I got a similar reply to a similar question from Ogelsby & Butler a couple of years ago, but they haven't released anything since the Wispr. That doesn't mean that they won't as some of these ideas for new models take years to come to market.

I'm sure that makes it clear as mud now, right?

lookhigh

FC member
Well let me complicate your decision a bit more by pointing you towards the Inhalater...

I've never loved a portable more in my life; and I've used a lot of them.
eay i was looking at the inhalater. not as discreet as the pax though. remember this is ireland....

lookhigh,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I only had a few moments the entire weekend to really walk around the event. One of the first things I did was make a straight line for the Vaporfection booth. I really wanted to check out the miVape unit. Stu covered most of the points. It was a pre-production unit that only reached to about 375. I can see the potential for the device. I can't make any real judgements from what I experience using it. The draw was similar to a DaVinci. I found it did a better job the faster you drew from it. The size was reasonable.

Slightly Medicated,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
Thanks, SliM, for taking time to see the unit and for sharing your thoughts. Much appreciated.

Vapinghole,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I had the same thought later in the day as I recalled the conversation. I definitely got the impression that he was referring to a new model, but he may have mis-understood my question and I may have mis-uderstood his response.

FWIW I got a similar reply to a similar question from Ogelsby & Butler a couple of years ago, but they haven't released anything since the Wispr. That doesn't mean that they won't as some of these ideas for new models take years to come to market.

I'm sure that makes it clear as mud now, right?

Ha yup clear as mud, was just curious! And if i remember correctly, you asked oglesby about anything new and they mentioned something about an upcoming battery powered portable? Ive been drooling at the thought ever since you posted it lol however im loving my wispr now that they made some upgrades and it is really conenient not having to charge every day like my solo

Mynameismud,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
And if i remember correctly, you asked oglesby about anything new and they mentioned something about an upcoming battery powered portable?

You have a good memory, mud. Actually he said that they were working on a non-butane based vape. I mis-spoke when I said it was a couple of years ago. Now that I think about it, it was January of this year.

/thread derail

Stu,

Dab Rite

Company Rep
Stu,

It was wonderful to meet you. The prototype was set to a higher setting (around 375 F) for demo purposes when the internal board was first set, and that does not allow us to adjust the temperature for that specific device.

The production units that we should receive in the next week will have the LCD display and buttons to adjust on the side of the unit near where you plug it in.

We're glad you at least had a chance to try it - thank you for posting that photo above! If you have any questions, send us an e-mail at support@vaporfection.com or personally at dan@vaporfection.com (for all FC members, of course).

-Dan

Your Highness

Cannasseur
The production units that we should receive in the next week will have the LCD display and buttons to adjust on the side of the unit near where you plug it in.
-Dan

So the release should be right around the corner? Any dates that we can look forward to?

Your Highness,

relmic

I'm really looking forward to this - seems like the DaVinci, but with an emphasis on quality, pure components. What's the temperature range and precision(is it only increments of 10)? Is it also true that everything is manufactured in the US?

I preordered it with the columbus20 code, and got it for $240. Really excited to try it.

relmic,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I'm really looking forward to this - seems like the DaVinci, but with an emphasis on quality, pure components. What's the temperature range and precision(is it only increments of 10)? Is it also true that everything is manufactured in the US?

I preordered it with the columbus20 code, and got it for $240. Really excited to try it.
We all have been for ohhh so long now

Mynameismud,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
I am on the verge of ordering my second portable vape the arizer solo, should i be waiting for this vaporizer and hold my purchase. The real deciding factor is that i believe arizer solo can also do hash well from the reviews, that is a big deciding factor that will sway my decision.

audiodelic,

Ontariovapes

I am on the verge of ordering my second portable vape the arizer solo, should i be waiting for this vaporizer and hold my purchase. The real deciding factor is that i believe arizer solo can also do hash well from the reviews, that is a big deciding factor that will sway my decision.

The major problem you have us that the Solo is available now and has been thoroughly tested and proven, whereas we have no idea when the MiVape will be ready for public consumption. If your need is imminent then you need to get the solo. If it is a want more than a need it will be worth waiting fir the MiVape. I have no idea as to the suitability of either one for hash. Sorry.

Ontariovapes,

Dab Rite

Company Rep
Hey all,

The herbal thimble can be used with all sorts of herbs, pollens, etc. The standard thimble will not work with any oils, but we are working to develop a special one for oil.

ugobo

The standard thimble will not work with any oils, but we are working to develop a special one for oil.

This is great news! I was'nt expecting that much versatility from the mV! This have to be the portable vape of my dreams!

ugobo,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

Love my solo, especially cause it fits in my bubbler which is awesome i pretty much never use it without a bubbler anymore...also works great with bubble hash and keif havent tried anything else though. The wispr is another excellent vape for hash, but havent really figured out to to use my bubb with it

Mynameismud,
Top Bottom