Discontinued miVape by Vaporfection

jwill

Any pic's of the production units yet Vaporfection? my maniacal checking and re checking of this board for updates has lead me to believe that my one harmless interest in your product has lead to a full blown addiction.

jwill,
Reactions: ugobo

HERBavore

As of now I'm EXTREMELY interested in this vaporizer. From what I can tell it has all the perks of the Pax (portability/stealth/aesthetics) with possibly some extra bells and whistles, but most of all, CONVECTION. To me the Pax had it all right except the conduction heating chamber and metal air pathway. I hope that this will be the one that fills those two gaps. Seems like it will.

HERBavore,

ugobo

Any pic's of the production units yet Vaporfection? my maniacal checking and re checking of this board for updates has lead me to believe that my one harmless interest in your product has lead to a full blown addiction.

Like you,i'm addicted to the mV,even if anything really concrete has been released to the public yet! I just truly believe that Vaporfection will hit hard with the mV.

And welcome to the FC forum jwill!

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Haha i was addicted, until the other day...all those drooling over the mivape should go check out the vb 2.0 dlx, its not in the forums yet but its in the section where you can submit new vapes. Not affiliated with the company in any way, almost bought the original vapor blunt a while ago but never pulled the trigger. it Looks like a game changer, completely blew my mind first time i saw it...i dont think people will be talking about the pax or any of the proven portable vapes for much longerr. only downfall i can think of might be the stainless steel airpath but im sure the dlx tubes(mini hydra tube) will solve that problem.

Also, release date is supposed to be by thanksgiving, so right around the corner...i feel like vaporfection has a great thing going with the mivape and it should truely be a game changer as well however all theae delays are allowing other companies to up their game and this is just one example...im really excited

Mynameismud,

HERBavore

Wow, checked out the thread...A PORTABLE CLOUD?!?:rockon: A few things though. The DLX package is said to be $400-$500 dollars, which could buy you an actual Cloud. Also, the miVape seems like it will have the greater portability and stealth of the two, which is the whole point of a portable. Having a mini glass hydratube could easily be broken, an probably wouldn't be the easiest thing to move around with. I like the idea of a wireless Cloud though, vaping it up outdoors.

HERBavore,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
You dont have to use the hydra tube, you can use it with the tube or you can use it with no tube and hit it like the old cb with flavored mouthpieces and the standard version comes with a gong adapter for glass you already own. Without the glass tube, this vape looks alot more portable then then the newer size of the prototype mivape. And if its at 399$ for the dlx thats only 100 more then the mivape for a portable cloud! And like i said you can use it with or without the tube...

The standard version without the tube, still comes with a gong adapter and is only 249...sorry for getting off topic just thought id let all you other mivape waiters in a similar position. Vapor blunt has been posting daily so im sure hell asnwer any questions anyone has, ive alredy asked a bunch...

Back to the mivape everyone hopefully a production unit will pop up soon

JCat

Accessory Maker
I've been looking at the miVape for a long time ... waiting and waiting ... I think I'm kinda' leaning towards the VB 2.0 DLX as well now ... especially if it's going to be released sooner. Already own a Solo and Pax but really would like a portable Cloud ... and the race is on! :) The reviews of actual units ending up in the hands of forum members will be the deciding factor (unless I can't wait and my impatience gets the best of me and I buy one before getting reviews :))

JCat,

Sonics420

looks pretty chunky, i dont think i can use this as a portable vape like that.. thats as thick as 2 smartphones put together.

Sonics420,

Your Highness

Cannasseur
Losing interest fast in this one... IDK but all of the silence and lack of info is really not helping either. But in any case, good luck to you guys who pre-ordered. I guess I will wait to see what future reviewers say...

Your Highness,
Reactions: jwill

HERBavore

To me, the new VB 2.0 may get big hits with the water tool and all, but I think the whole point of a PORTABLE vaporizer is to quickly, easily and stealthily you can get medicated when you can't use your home vaporizer, like the Cloud. The MiVape looks like and is about the size of an iPhone. This will make people think you're just carrying around your phone. With the VB 2.0, a GLASS water tool isn't going to be the most portable thing in the world, and carrying around a case isn't exactly stealth. Plus, thing of how the VB would look in your pocket XD. Not trying to hate on the VB, just my:2c:.

HERBavore,
Reactions: JCat

Allison Sullivan

FOUR20Teatime
I heard it directly from Dan at Vaporfection.
I heard it from Dan too. But he did mention that nothing is promised, but thats their expected release but theyre still finalizing production. They will let us know as soon as possible. I already pre-ordered mine, since they going to sell fast!

Allison Sullivan,

Adobewan

I spoke to Dan as well, to confirm the release date, thinking I might cancel my pre-order.
Mid to end of January due to redesigning the computer board, replacing heating dial with up and down button, and of course, the holidays.
I told him while I look forward to the MiVape, that as the delays continue, and the portable vape market continues to grow(I brought his attention to the VB 2 which has ears perked) they run the risk of becoming obsolete before release.
Dan seemed reasonable and understood not only pre-orderers frustration but the companies lack of FC presence, but he said as they waited on manufacturers, they felt to post with no news was pointless.
He did assure me the MiVape will be worth the wait. The air path sounds like a strategic maze designed to heat the load then cool the draw on the way to your lips. It sounded impressive.
The final thought I shared with him was they could continue to hold my money but I would imagine a mass exodus if the January date were to be pushed back further.
High hopes!

Adobewan,

ugobo

I spoke to Dan as well, to confirm the release date, thinking I might cancel my pre-order.
Mid to end of January due to redesigning the computer board, replacing heating dial with up and down button, and of course, the holidays.
I told him while I look forward to the MiVape, that as the delays continue, and the portable vape market continues to grow(I brought his attention to the VB 2 which has ears perked) they run the risk of becoming obsolete before release.
Dan seemed reasonable and understood not only pre-orderers frustration but the companies lack of FC presence, but he said as they waited on manufacturers, they felt to post with no news was pointless.
He did assure me the MiVape will be worth the wait. The air path sounds like a strategic maze designed to heat the load then cool the draw on the way to your lips. It sounded impressive.
The final thought I shared with him was they could continue to hold my money but I would imagine a mass exodus if the January date were to be pushed back further.
High hopes!

I understand pre-orderers frustation. I would never pre-order an electronic device before actualy seing it or read reviews on it. All those delays have probably killed many pre-orders.

Vaporfection could have released the mV a while ago to calm all these pre-orderers but decided not to just to make sure that they release a product that will knock out the others in the portable vaporizers field. They clearly believe that they have a revolutionary product to present to the public and want to do it right this time. I'm sure Vaporfection have learned a lot with the ill fated original vV...

I pre-ordered the mV yesterday. Putting aside my politics about pre-ordering electronic devices. I'm a proud owner of a vV2 and the promise of a smaller vV wich i could bring around anywhre with ease and the excellent CS is enough for me. And with the 30% off,i just could'nt pass that one up.

JCat

Accessory Maker
To me, the new VB 2.0 may get big hits with the water tool and all, but I think the whole point of a PORTABLE vaporizer is to quickly, easily and stealthily you can get medicated when you can't use your home vaporizer, like the Cloud. The MiVape looks like and is about the size of an iPhone. This will make people think you're just carrying around your phone. With the VB 2.0, a GLASS water tool isn't going to be the most portable thing in the world, and carrying around a case isn't exactly stealth. Plus, thing of how the VB would look in your pocket XD. Not trying to hate on the VB, just my:2c:.
Room in the market for more than one portable that's for sure. I'm still keeping my eyes on this one although the VB 2 does have my attention as my primary portable.

Portable and discrete are not necessarily the same thing :) My Solo and Pax are both portable but only my Pax is discrete. If I can't stand in the open and vape without drawing attention, then it's not discrete ... with the Pax I don't draw attention, and you can keep it in your hand/pocket between hits and easily (one handedly) turn it on/off. Will the mV be discrete enough to fill that niche for me? I'm not sure ... and if not, then it doesn't have much of an advantage to the VB 2 (unless it has better vapor quality).

I believe it's generally a trade-off between vapor quality/vape efficiency and discretion ... the smaller it is the harder it is to produce solid, quality vapor with efficiency.

Nice thing with all the decent portables that have hit and are hitting the market, there's a portable for everyone (or will be soon :)) depending on one's needs

JCat,

Adobewan

Didn't want to derail the thread with my mention of the VB2. Wasn't a fan of the original VB, but I mentioned the V2 w/water tools because they, in some ways represents a new cutting edge(easily portable water tools), making my point to Dan.
Regarding it's stealth, JCat's distinctions between portable and discreet are dead on, although the VB2 looks pretty stealthy wo/the water tools. Who's to say there wont be a small foam tube to stick in a second pocket, pull it out and suck a bit of water into it out of your trusty water bottle, take a few water filtrated draws, dump the water, pack it back into the tube in your pocket, and then get back to the job interview.
All blind speculation, but one can dream!

Adobewan,

poonman

I don't think you can Ever be discreet when vaping in public .
Yes the Pax is stealthy and discreet to hold and carry .

But if you put a straw/pen/stem thing in your mouth ,
then inhale/draw/suck in motion .
Then exhale a cloud of vapor ,
People that see it happen , will wonder openly....what's going on over there ?:2c:

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Okay so I get that Vaporfection is trying to perfect the Mivape before its released and not go through another Vv/Vv2 problem. But all these delays and new compenents, upgrades, etc... Is really disheartening. This vaporizer was supposed to be released a full year ago, and its been in pre-production testing since the last failed release date in May. LCD screen, different buttons, new computer board, these all seem like things I would address in my first week or two of testing, not 5-6 months after the 4th or so failed release date, so why are these problems just being addressed and changed now?

To me, it just seems like they were working on the Vivape last year, came up with the mivape in the process but couldnt actually figure out how to make/manufacture it into a reality. Im not saying this is what is happening, its just kinda what the evidence suggests. (Computer mock-up of the mivape, which looks way better than what they came up with, failed release dates over and over, and it took about a year to get a real picture of a "prototype" unit. Also the first real pic of the prototype came about 4 months after pre production testing began). Also, im not sure about others, but after the missed release in may, i was under the impression that the missed releases were due to fixing batter issues. Now im starting to think that it was due to not having an actual unit ready to produce. I could be wrong, but who knows.

I think vaporfection could have learned a little from the cloud, because it just feels like the same thing is happening with this. Other companies have clearly learned a lesson, VB and TV both just announced new products, have pictures of real actual units, and have already tested them or are testing them when they got announced. All my negativity aside, im still contemplating re-preordering by tomorrow with the 30% off is just too good to pass up...

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I don't think you can Ever be discreet when vaping in public .
Yes the Pax is stealthy and discreet to hold and carry .

But if you put a straw/pen/stem thing in your mouth ,
then inhale/draw/suck in motion .
Then exhale a cloud of vapor ,
People that see it happen , will wonder openly....what's going on over there ?:2c:

Thank god for ecigs man! ;) That is my standard excuse now. although few ask..

vorrange,

Allison Sullivan

FOUR20Teatime
Okay so I get that Vaporfection is trying to perfect the Mivape before its released and not go through another Vv/Vv2 problem. But all these delays and new compenents, upgrades, etc... Is really disheartening. This vaporizer was supposed to be released a full year ago, and its been in pre-production testing since the last failed release date in May. LCD screen, different buttons, new computer board, these all seem like things I would address in my first week or two of testing, not 5-6 months after the 4th or so failed release date, so why are these problems just being addressed and changed now?

To me, it just seems like they were working on the Vivape last year, came up with the mivape in the process but couldnt actually figure out how to make/manufacture it into a reality. Im not saying this is what is happening, its just kinda what the evidence suggests. (Computer mock-up of the mivape, which looks way better than what they came up with, failed release dates over and over, and it took about a year to get a real picture of a "prototype" unit. Also the first real pic of the prototype came about 4 months after pre production testing began). Also, im not sure about others, but after the missed release in may, i was under the impression that the missed releases were due to fixing batter issues. Now im starting to think that it was due to not having an actual unit ready to produce. I could be wrong, but who knows.

I think vaporfection could have learned a little from the cloud, because it just feels like the same thing is happening with this. Other companies have clearly learned a lesson, VB and TV both just announced new products, have pictures of real actual units, and have already tested them or are testing them when they got announced. All my negativity aside, im still contemplating re-preordering by tomorrow with the 30% off is just too good to pass up...

I totally understand how you feel! I was on the fence about it too, but decided to jump the gun and put my pre-order in. The viVape has won many awards including the Cannibis Cup in A,sterdam as best vaporizer, and it beat tons of others. I am so happy with my viVape 2 that I can wait for the miVape. Instant gratification isn't ALWAYS the greatest in the end. Many company's like VB and TV are putting out as much info as they can in such a short period, because they are most likely half-assing it to appease their customers. But when you rush a product, you will fail to notice the minor glitches, that cause problems in the long run. I would rather spend time waiting a bit longer than having the hassle of constantly sending back the vaporizer you know?

Allison Sullivan,
Reactions: Buyola

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I totally understand how you feel! I was on the fence about it too, but decided to jump the gun and put my pre-order in. The viVape has won many awards including the Cannibis Cup in A,sterdam as best vaporizer, and it beat tons of others. I am so happy with my viVape 2 that I can wait for the miVape. Instant gratification isn't ALWAYS the greatest in the end. Many company's like VB and TV are putting out as much info as they can in such a short period, because they are most likely half-assing it to appease their customers. But when you rush a product, you will fail to notice the minor glitches, that cause problems in the long run. I would rather spend time waiting a bit longer than having the hassle of constantly sending back the vaporizer you know?

We have a rule:
  • Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed.
The part I've underlined comes awfully close to breaking it. You've done this in other posts as well. Please think before you post. If the Vaporfection products are as good as you say then you don't need to bash other products to prove it.

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
Many company's like VB and TV are putting out as much info as they can in such a short period, because they are most likely half-assing it to appease their customers.

really??? so because a company puts out alot of info and keeps their customers informed, answers questions, and posts in these forums often, they are half assing their products??? i like that the companies that post here alot keep us informed of what they are working on. what improvements they have planned, and when new products are going to be released. i would prefer that over not knowing anyday!!! companies that are silent in the forums cause their customers un-needed anxiety IMO.

mmenzie,
Reactions: Dreamerr
Top Bottom