Discontinued MistVape Touch

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
It is unregulated, when you press the touch sensor it turns on. You have to judge the temp by the feel of the vapor. It takes a little bit to learn it but once you start it is pretty easy to control.

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
For those of you interested I took an amp reading on one of the beta units. With a freshly charged battery it read 7 A and as the coil got hot the amp reading came down. With a glowing coil it stabilized at 4.6 amps.
Been working on coil winding and I think I have a reasonably good technique down for making very consistent coils. I'll be winding all day tomorrow.

Last edited:

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
I've been getting 3 - 4 bowls on a charge.
Testers what batteries have you tried? I have only tried the samsung 25R but I believe there are other quality high discharge batteries that would work fine.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Testers what batteries have you tried? I have only tried the samsung 25R but I believe there are other quality high discharge batteries that would work fine.

How long are your draws? How many his per bowl? Just to get an understanding :)

I'm more than sure the HG2 will hold up a bowl (or maybe even a reaction on top) longer. It's a pretty nice battery. Wonder about vtc4/5..should be close too

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I haven't really been paying attention to battery life much yet, would need consistent bowls/hits with a full one to really test properly. Give or take 4 seems about right, it's not crazy high not crazy low, but solid for sure. I've used old light blue Samsung 25Rs and the yellow LGs (are those HE4 or HG2? I haven't tried the brown one I have yet, but it is better in Milaana at least)

Shit Snacks

8FMEH3X.jpg

Here's the MistVape Touch (and LG HE4 ;) with another new affordable on demand convection vape I've been testing recently...

vapen00b

Another technical question:

do we have a cut-off protection? Or like the Milaana? I just like to play it safe when it comes to Li-Ion batts, so I'd appreciate to know.
Thanks guys :)

Shit Snacks

Another technical question:

do we have a cut-off protection? Or like the Milaana? I just like to play it safe when it comes to Li-Ion batts, so I'd appreciate to know.
Thanks guys :)

Yes and no, the battery door is reversed to cut the connection with wood vs copper, so like the Milaana with a guitar pick mod if you will

vapen00b

Oh, sorry - I might have put that wrong.
I was aiming at a low-cut protection. To avoid draining the batt below its safety specs (say 2.5V). Thanks! :)

Shit Snacks

Oh, sorry - I might have put that wrong.
I was aiming at a low-cut protection. To avoid draining the batt below its safety specs (say 2.5V). Thanks! :)

Oh ha well then no as far as I know it does not, doesn't seem to need it either like Milaana, bc the performance also subsides well before the battery gets that low, maybe even moreso here

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I used the VTC4 and the one I got with my Milaana(green), I push them more since I get 5-7 bowls/battery, for the last bowls coil start to glow around the +10s mark, while fresh it's around 8-9s.
I get 6-8 hits per bowl, I start to draw at 7-9s (it depends the battery strength) and draw for a good 4-6s (maybe a bit more while using water).
I made my own "GonG" using a wax pen cone (which fits really well a 14mm female joint) attached to the stem with a small piece of silicone tubing, not the better in term of design but very convenient.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
@vapen00b I'm shooting for under $100, batteries not included. So far it looks like that is possible, the parts costs isn't too bad and manufacturing time is ok. The original unit cost a lot in parts and took a long time to build. Kinda like I was in training for this unit when I made the original. This one is easy compared to the first.

SWEEEEEET. I was following the OG Mist with the battery pack, and while intrigued, I am much more in tune with this. I really like it, and would love a PM when available or to be able to be put on the list for an upcoming one :) Not that I won't be keeping up with the thread

That's an incredibly fair price point and I think you will have great success if you can keep it at that point. People like saving money! People like American made products! If you keep it at that $100ish price point, this will be the cheapest on demand battery convection vape on the market by a big margin!

$220 for the new FM Swifts and CFVs - you have them beat iMO since this is AMERICAN and a fraction of price.
$220 for the FW4 - You have them beat since you're doing same thing for fraction of cost. American On Demand Convection with swappable 18650s.
$220+ for Milaana - see FW4
$330 for Firefly 2 - Too expensive compared to market!
I don't know what an Elevape costs, but it's closer to the high end of this spectrum than the low!

Whenever the release may be, you'll have at least one happy camper :tup: this seems the truest "portable log" in a minute. And I love my logs! Reason I kind of shied away from the OG MV was the fact you had that big battery pack with it's own charger and stuff, the ability to be able to swap 18650s on the fly with this thing make it truly portable!

Cheers!

Shit Snacks

SWEEEEEET. I was following the OG Mist with the battery pack, and while intrigued, I am much more in tune with this. I really like it, and would love a PM when available or to be able to be put on the list for an upcoming one :) Not that I won't be keeping up with the thread

That's an incredibly fair price point and I think you will have great success if you can keep it at that point. People like saving money! People like American made products! If you keep it at that $100ish price point, this will be the cheapest on demand battery convection vape on the market by a big margin!

$220 for the new FM Swifts and CFVs - you have them beat iMO since this is AMERICAN and a fraction of price.
$220 for the FW4 - You have them beat since you're doing same thing for fraction of cost. American On Demand Convection with swappable 18650s.
$220+ for Milaana - see FW4
$330 for Firefly 2 - Too expensive compared to market!
I don't know what an Elevape costs, but it's closer to the high end of this spectrum than the low!

Whenever the release may be, you'll have at least one happy camper :tup: this seems the truest "portable log" in a minute. And I love my logs! Reason I kind of shied away from the OG MV was the fact you had that big battery pack with it's own charger and stuff, the ability to be able to swap 18650s on the fly with this thing make it truly portable!

Cheers!

Ah my bad man, I knew this would be right up your alley, should've tagged you ;)

You're spot on, though I will correct that FW4 will have some base level options priced lower I believe, and that a base Milaana (without batteries like the Mist) is $189, still around a hundred more than the MistVape Touch though... Mist comes with less accessories in general, but still bang for your buck set to be through the roof over here based on my experience thus far with the beta :tup:

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
As soon as I actually launch this one I'll look at accessories. Thinking of a three pack of stems in a little box so you could load up a batch and take em along. Also batteries and charger but I'm thinking most folks either have batteries or can buy them locally. Just as soon not deal with batteries but will offer them.
Also want to do some artsy stuff, maybe wood inlays. Here is a cue stick I made (actually my personal cue)
x6TVzKO.jpg

the alternating wood in the center is called a stitch ring. Considering putting two vertical strips on the battery side with this type of pattern. Just about 1/4" wide, an accent trim.
Lots of plans in the works.
Starting assembly on the current batch tomorrow. Have some nice coils ready to go.

Shit Snacks

As soon as I actually launch this one I'll look at accessories. Thinking of a three pack of stems in a little box so you could load up a batch and take em along. Also batteries and charger but I'm thinking most folks either have batteries or can buy them locally. Just as soon not deal with batteries but will offer them.
Also want to do some artsy stuff, maybe wood inlays. Here is a cue stick I made (actually my personal cue)
x6TVzKO.jpg

the alternating wood in the center is called a stitch ring. Considering putting two vertical strips on the battery side with this type of pattern. Just about 1/4" wide, an accent trim.
Lots of plans in the works.
Starting assembly on the current batch tomorrow. Have some nice coils ready to go.

I think that stitch ring would also look pretty cool horizontally around the top of the battery side, like a crown accent trim

Shit Snacks

Started assembly, here is the new heater holder
sbaLqAJ.jpg

and here is a heater assembly ready to go
GcvzGql.jpg

With the coils flat and stacked I expect even heating. Expect to have some ready tomorrow.

Nice!

Oh yeah that coil is definitely a pure stacked pancake, mine is more of a hyperbola really, which I thought was pretty cool actually with that little narrow hollow coil in the center of the two pancakes (the only part that really glows on mine). Gonna be so cool when you can offer different coil types for different experiences, but I can't wait to try this one!

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Moving along, have 6 units ready to wire up and one completed.
gP3qbpI.jpg

Things went pretty smooth. Loving the new look around the heater chamber.
t9ea5Li.jpg

Here is a heater assembly
wdvTfKB.jpg

And it just slides into place
B5EVg21.jpg

And secured with a few ss screws
5DvhmYH.jpg

I'm using a solid strip of copper for the cathode. It is much easier to manipulate than the stranded or solid 14 gauge I used before. Changing coils is possible but not super easy. Also I think this coil is going to be awesome so not sure why you would want to change it. Unless it got fried but that isn't likely.
I will provide full instructions those brave souls who just have to get into the guts of this one.
Hopefully by Monday I will ship these and start on the next batch.

Top Bottom