Discontinued MistVape Touch

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
HG2 does last longer, more mAh, even in my early beta unit (though its battery life seems to be much weaker than the newer units with nice updated coils) in my Milaana it also seems to stay more consistent too, with less of a performance drop off as the battery drains

elykpeace

exVASted
Hello all!:wave:

So, with a fresh SONY VTC-5 I was able to get 13 stems (8 draws per stem) with 6 seconds of button time per draw.

I did not notice any decline in battery power, nor did I need to increase button time throughout to compensate for the battery draining.

After 13 stems, and I'm sure I could have gone for more (I just wanted to reach a dozen stems) here is what my battery life was at.

I was already super impressed with performance, taste, vapor, efficiency and looks.

Now I'm also EXTREMELY impressed with the battery life of the Touch as well!

I am so glad to see such a stellar performing, portable, pure convection, instant heat up, beautiful wooden inexpensive vaporizer with swappable batteries hit the market, and the Touch is only going to get better!
Well done Dave! Well done!

Now back to more testing!:science:
Do you have experience with the other batterys mentioned? Hg2 was mentioned as running hot? 13 stems seems like a lot of juice for a 2600 mAh. 30A continue would heat the coils hotter then a 20A?
Agree about those 2 batteries, use both in my Milaana. The HG2's seem hottest, the other ones do seem to last a long time.
Seem hottest... Like the battery itself gets hot?
HG2 does last longer, more mAh, even in my early beta unit (though its battery life seems to be much weaker than the newer units with nice updated coils) in my Milaana it also seems to stay more consistent too, with less of a performance drop off as the battery drains
more then 13 stems at 8 hits a stem longer? Price in mind what's the best value battery wise in your opinion?

Anyone know of a good place for batteries .. I see some on amazon.. yeah. Haha

Shit Snacks

Seem hottest... Like the battery itself gets hot?

more then 13 stems at 8 hits a stem longer? Price in mind what's the best value battery wise in your opinion?

He meant the heater runs hotter/faster with that battery, not the battery itself, and just means in Milaana btw

Similarly, I was referring to HG2 vs HE4 in Milaana, as I said in my Touch beta I don't get anywhere near the 13 stems Vape Dr does but he has a second batch coil that is way more even, different shape practically, and he tweaked it at an angle for more even heating too. The HG2 did seem to give me more time in my Mist vs HE4 but not by much and I didn't count precisely since my coil is different I figured why bother, more anecdotal evidence than anything else really

And I also don't even know prices, since I got mine from RBT with my Milaana betas... There are 18650 battery threads here I think though, IMR can be good I've heard, but yeah definitely not Amazon, too risky they say

PPN

Volute of Vapor
@elykpeace so far these have been used by testers
LG HE4 2600mah -
LG HG2 3000mah
samsung-25r-2500mah
SONY VTC-5
I have only used the samsung 25 R but mainly because that is the one I have and it works great.
Welcome @Easywider
You can add the Sony VTC-4 to the list. Works well too, maybe not 13 stems but around 8... although my technic is a bit different than the VapeDr's, I take longer hits but only 3 or 4 per load.

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Built a little holder to mount my dremel, diamond wheel attached, to the lathe.
TvrfxJE.jpg

Got the heater stems trimmed to size, at least they were too long so I could fix them.
jMJoUBD.jpg

Assembly is progressing
DwbsOZ1.jpg

Have five built and got the assembly moving pretty smoothly. These units just need the bottom cover attached and the battery door trimmed a little, have to round the corners. I'll ship some tomorrow, the next 10 or so on the list will be hearing from me tonight.

Shit Snacks

Built a little holder to mount my dremel, diamond wheel attached, to the lathe.
TvrfxJE.jpg

Got the heater stems trimmed to size, at least they were too long so I could fix them.
jMJoUBD.jpg

Assembly is progressing
DwbsOZ1.jpg

Have five built and got the assembly moving pretty smoothly. These units just need the bottom cover attached and the battery door trimmed a little, have to round the corners. I'll ship some tomorrow, the next 10 or so on the list will be hearing from me tonight.

Nice! Really dig the more quilted grains of the three on the left, the one in the middle seems the modt unique, but I like the waves on the middle of the three... So no "right-handed" thumb trigger models yet huh? :tup:

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
No rightys yet snacks. Next batch I'll do a few modified units have a couple ideas I'm thinking about.
For sure Freddy, they gotta be right or why do it. On the other hand if I can't crank em out then I won't be able to sell them at a reasonable price. Nice thing is the process is getting better all the time.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
My technic is slowly improving in order to vape a load without to stir, fine grind will need a tight packing and a very small amount (to the rim of the small basket shapped screen) to stay in place. Full nugs (hand crushed) can offer a slightly bigger load (at least visually, in volume).

Remenber my unit is a beta and is maybe a bit slower than the Vape Dr unit. I start to draw around the 5-6s mark nd my hit last around 8s dry and 10-12s with water, I rotate the stem of 1/4 turn between each hit. Habitually the load is spent after 4 hits water filtered and 6-7 dry.

Taste could be very nice but if you heat a bit too much you can get the abv taste pretty quickly, it need some self control to keep the low heat. However I never combusted and didn't think it can happen except if your load is too close of the heater (if you load too much). I'm under the impression the maximum Touch t° is lower than the Milaana max t°..., i say that cause it was very easier to vape hashish in the Milaana but i think i only need to push the screen up to get the load closer of the heater. There is no issue to vape Oil in coton or hemp fiber, still must to try on a ss pad!

Love it!

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Last edited:
HellsWindStaff,

OyVape

@KeroZen

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-INR1...&qid=1481315955&sr=1-5&keywords=18650+battery

Will these work? Can't tell if 20A continuous...

I dig the high capacity.

Whoops, wrong link, these ones.

https://www.amazon.com/NCR18650B-Re...qid=1481316566&sr=1-27&keywords=18650+battery

Nevermind, I don't think they're gravy, we need 20 A continuous and these I guess are 6?

Gonna go with these:
https://www.amazon.com/LG-HG2-18650-Battery-3000mAh/dp/B010NUUQFK

I wouldn't buy batteries on Amazon. Besides, looks like they are more $.

Just go to imr.com or illumn.com. Then you know the batteries are legit

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
@KeroZen

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-INR1...&qid=1481315955&sr=1-5&keywords=18650+battery

Will these work? Can't tell if 20A continuous...

I dig the high capacity.

Whoops, wrong link, these ones.

https://www.amazon.com/NCR18650B-Re...qid=1481316566&sr=1-27&keywords=18650+battery

Nevermind, I don't think they're gravy, we need 20 A continuous and these I guess are 6?

Gonna go with these:
https://www.amazon.com/LG-HG2-18650-Battery-3000mAh/dp/B010NUUQFK
If you do buy from amazon a lot of brands have some page or something to show you how to spot counterfeits. I did that when I bought my samsungs a couple years ago and they were all good. I got 4 18650's for my air for under $20. Also research the amazon seller a little first too, make sure they don't have 2/5 stars or something.

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
https://www.imrbatteries.com/samsung-25r-18650-2500mah-20a-button-top-battery-blue/
these work for sure and last I looked only 5.50 plus lots of chargers.

Hey Dave,

Regarding the batt terminals, I see you've indicated a "button top" on the Samsung and from what it looked like on @Vape Dr. 's Sony batts he was using "flat top" batts. Does it matter with the MVT, button or flat top?

From what I've been reading just now it seems that in MOST cases it does not matter. But I'm CERTAINLY no expert on this question. What are everyone's thoughts on the question of flat top vs button top? @KeroZen ?

FF

Edit: This is a link to a VERY informative article by Mooch, written for the lay person, on choosing the best 18650 batts for your personal preferences.

http://vaping360.com/top-5-18650-batteries-for-vaping/

Last edited:
Top Bottom