MiniVAP Vaporizer

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
So yesterday I had this idea of having a large bowl on the miniVAP, and take some pictures of it.
This is before:
[image]
This is after a couple hits:
[image]
It always gets like that, the hot air creates his way trough the ground material, seems to me it's like an anthill :D
I like large bowls you get the extreme flavor of your strain of choice.

Do you find this to restrict your airflow any? A load that large seems to hamper my draw.

VaporEyes,

Nbajunkie

Someones always watching..
Large bowls are just messier.But they last much longer... No restrictions in my draw.
A grind too fine will easily clog up your screen . no matter how much I brush in between bowls..I find I like a more coarse grind with my minivap. 20 minute iso soaks clean up the straws, baskets ,and cone.I like using the white straw.Makes knowing when to clean that much easier

Nbajunkie,

JLG

So yesterday I had this idea of having a large bowl on the miniVAP, and take some pictures of it.
This is before:

It always gets like that, the hot air creates his way trough the ground material, seems to me it's like an anthill :D

How much did you put in there ? That's huge.

justcametomind

The ABV from a full bowl I had now is 300mg..

..And this is a pretty accurate description of my couch lock right now.
gyznB7Zl.jpg

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
This is before:
b3hZklul.jpg

p0jWQyfl.jpg

That is called "Tunneling" which the T-1 suffered from. This is really disappointing to see, with the price coming down, and improvements, I was watching this vape again. Now, not so sure . . .

t-dub,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
That is called "Tunneling" which the T-1 suffered from. This is really disappointing to see, with the price coming down, and improvements, I was watching this vape again. Now, not so sure . . .

it's not the proper way to use it, even tho its totally possible
the way I use it's regularly shacked and I don't have this

Roger D,

Hoops

My ABV ends up looking like a muffin top similar to the photo, but I've never had a hole in the middle like that. I don't usually use the basket and I do pack the material a bit in order to maximize the load size.

Edit: I'll weigh the next load and report back.

Hoops,

justcametomind

t dub, I don't know if what you call tunnelling is what happens with a heavy load, or even if it's a bad sign like in the case of t-1.
What happens with my MV is that whatever the size of the bowl I take, some plant matter get stuck on the screen below the cone that's of top of the chamber. And this is normal I think. The unit needs a bit of cleaning after use. If I prepare huge bowls like that, I have sufficient material not only to get some herb on such screen, but to complete an entire dome like that. Probably before taking out the upper part of the unit it was complete, with no hole in the middle, if this means something.
In any case I'm happy to discover fails on the project if there is any.
Update: I had my first session without the basket, 600mg of dried plant.
After a few hits I have taken away the top to see the result. There wasn't any tunnel yet, just a complete cupola as I hinted in my previous post.
Then I messed up a little with the load to see its color. The bottom of my load was a bit brown and on top there was still a little bit of green matter. After a lot more hits the content was all evenly brown with a bit of darkish color. On top this time! But I have to keep testing because it could be due to me messing up with the load into the middle of things.
Anyone who wants to join me on this Huge Load miniVAP Contest is welcome (I know Roger will not approve :) ). It was enough overindulging for me now.

justcametomind

So, these are the photos from yesterday night:
600 mg. load without basket, prior to vaping.
E9ywIhi.jpg

This one is taken after having a couple of hits. When you pull they get attached to the upper screen creating this dome-like structure:

hz7WI9fl.jpg

justcametomind,

tepictoton

that is a huge load...

from my little testing and finetuning I think for now I prefer loading a coarse grinded load directly into the chamber.

I am taken back every time again by the airflow...I mean, I'm used to a solo, so sometimes I think huh not much happening I think...Then I exhale and am like oeps kuch kuch lol

I'm going to fiddle a bit more with the new cone and the baskets like roger here does.

I hook it up to my bongs with the beta cone and the top part of the minivap in place, so the lid screwed on, and just keep it upside down and put it on top of the joint. I inserted a little rubber piece used to attach tubing to a hooka and it makes for a nice seal with the top of the minivap. Nice thing about the new cone is also that you can insert the screen and basket into its downside...

Nbajunkie

I agree, just tried an overfilled bowl over the rim,without the basket. and my smoke buddy rattled, felt like its going to give out..so much vapor-cannot filter..lol High as hell right now

tepictoton

more testing today...

will try .1loads with the basket.

Was thinking, maybe it would be possible to add some rings to the design of the top of the MINIVap. Let me try to explain. If they would two rings in the design of the top lid, one of 14mm and one of 18.8mm, then one could possibly connect it to ones water tools without any need for adaptors and or any other stuff...just invert it and hold it onto the joint? Would this be feasable? i am actually using it like it is and am able to get a good connection to most of my water pieces...except of course the recessed dewar joint ones...

justcametomind

I agree, just tried an overfilled bowl over the rim,without the basket. and my smoke buddy rattled, felt like its going to give out..so much vapor-cannot filter..lol High as hell right now

Did you get the "dome-like" herbs inside the chamber after some puffs?
more testing today...

Was thinking, maybe it would be possible to add some rings to the design of the top of the MINIVap. Let me try to explain. If they would two rings in the design of the top lid, one of 14mm and one of 18.8mm, then one could possibly connect it to ones water tools without any need for adaptors and or any other stuff...just invert it and hold it onto the joint? Would this be feasable? i am actually using it like it is and am able to get a good connection to most of my water pieces...except of course the recessed dewar joint ones...

This vape needs more accessories as you say, connecting this quality vape with that silicon tube is unsatisfying to me. I hope everything is ok with George in Spain.. I have the MV Shop accessories page constantly in my browser, I check everyday since he said there were news coming, but nothing still.

JCat

Accessory Maker
This doesn't happen to me ... my herb all sucks up evenly and spreads out on the top cone ... If I remove the top upside down the material stays in a hill on the cone itself (with no tunnels through it ...)

JCat,

Nbajunkie

Just checked inside my mv I noticed more of a muffin top.Maybe 6 Inhales later, and its not evenly brown yet. I have never experienced any tunneling. I too check the mv site daily!and I wonder will today be the day?..

Nbajunkie,
Reactions: CG420

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
more testing today...

Hehe that looks like my 1st hook up idea :)
That would be great but Hermes Medical says that would be a huge budget to get this kind of top lid out.

Finally it's even better to hook up the cone directly on your glass, do you have a way to try this ?

Roger D,

tepictoton

bubbler I have with me right now does not allow that because of the resesd joint...:\ i am 'at work'...

tepictoton,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
You'll need some glass adapters anyway, dewaar or not, if you want a free clear ;)

I can't wait to see theses cones out with the proper tubings and O ring screens.

BTW I don't see how you guys can go thru such massive bowls lol, a couple inhalations on my .1 and I'm already out of order, especially when its my first one. Maybe at the very end of the day I could understand. The question is, how do you finish em ? :D

Roger D,

tepictoton

don't have the adaptor with me...but it seals perfectly with the added hookah rubber:)

tepictoton,
Top Bottom